windchaser_4

Manila Embassy Interview

7,088 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

There is a sticker with a few stamps with signatures from CSO indicated on it by the corrections.

My wife seems a bit more upbeat about this than I. She acted so matter a fact about it and said the consulate officer told her that her visa is approved and to go pay the delbros but that the visa would not be released for delivery until she returned to the embassy with the duplicate copy from the NSO. I guess from all the reading I have done I know it can take 4 to 6 weeks to get an NSO document. My wife is from cebu but staying with family in Makati City and is determined to stay there and go after nso for another copy of the bc.

I went ahead and paid $20 from the NSO website to have another copy couriered to her aunt's house, 3 days to process request and 9 days to deliver the document according to the receipt after submitting my request.

How are these "corrections" done on the BC? Handwritten or what? How do they know it's corrected or amended?

04/25/2006 l married Cebu Philippines

11/28/2006 l Interview US Embassy Manila

12/15/2006 l Received k3 VISA

12/27/2006 l POE Detroit USA - Home!!!

AOS - Dallas DORA

07/17/2007 l AOS Interview - accepted into DORA 90 day program

09/06/2007 l Biometrics Appointment Dallas Texas

10/15/2007 l AOS Approved - received "Welcome to the United States" Letter

10/23/2007 l Received Greencard "Permanent Resident Card"

next: lift greencard 2yr condition June/2009 / goal: US Citizenship - 2010

• Replies 7.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi cybernutguy,

I'm curious.... Did your wife bring a NSO certified BC to the interview with her? If so I wonder why they want her to go get another one. Or did she bring something other than the Cert. NSO BC?

Did she have any other ID with her like her baptismal cert?

Thanks for your help and sorry for the delay. At least she paid Delbros so everything must be ready to go once the BC problem is cleared up.

Wife called, the consulate officer gave her a form and told her that since her birthcertificate has been corrected that they need another copy from NSO. Gave her instructions to report to NSO for another copy and come back to embassy. She was asked to pay delbros.

All because her father's first middle name was misspelled on her original birth certificate and was corrected with the nso several years ago.

oh well...I'm numb at this point.

2_us1.JPG

May 1,2006 Went to Philippines and married my sweety.

----------------------------------

Case completed at NVC 12-01-06 Yaaaaay

Received Interview date notice Feb 6

Physical Feb 20-21 (Went well!)

Interview date March 19"

Be sure to print out a copy of silly girls famous ST. Lukes step by step story.... Its fantastic and made it incredibly easy for my wife to go through the 2 day procedure. I will go find it and put a link.... here it is:

http://www.raymonddouglas.com/visa/medical.pdf

Do yourself a favor and print this out and take it with you to your physical....You'll be glad you did!!

Entered USA 06/06/2007

-----------------------------------------

Naturalization

Sent N-400 on 3/11/10

They received 3/15/10

Cashed Check 3/19/10

Received NOA 3/29/10

Received bio notice 4/05/10

Early biometrics 4/14/10 different from

the date assigned (Original BIO date was 4/27)

Received interview date notice 5/19

Interview 6/24

Oath 8/13 Done.... and DONE!!!! :-)

My wife is from cebu but staying with family in Makati City and is determined to stay there and go after nso for another copy of the bc.

If she is in Manila area, she can request the BC and have it in a matter of days, I believe it took my fiancee 4-days to get her son's last month.

my blog: http://immigrationlawreformblog.blogspot.com/

"It is the soldier, who salutes the flag, who serves beneath the flag, and whose coffin is draped by the flag, who allows the protester to burn the flag."

-- Charles M. Province

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I have posted a new sub topic in this section entitled "Birth Certificate Changes - AR"

If you guys want to take this to a focused area, it is there for us. I have everything very well organized and thoroughly checked and double checked for our interview. Knowing that this is an automatic AR kills me.

03/20/2006 - I-129F - Sent FedEX

03/28/2006 - NOA 1 (Receipt) - NOA issued from CSC

07/03/2006 - RFE (Receipt) - RFE Received

07/07/2006 - RFE and Waiver Request - RFE arrived at CSC

09/01/2006 - NOA2 - USCIS Email - Approved w/Waiver

09/22/2006 - Electronic Version - Manila - Embassy Received

12/13/2006 - Packet 4 Received via DHL

12/21/2007 - Medical St. Lukes

12/22/2006 - St. Luke's canceled medical in progress - required additional tests in Jan for upper respiratory congestion.

12/28/2006 - Interview Canceled because of congestion and cough during medical at St. Lukes

01/09/2007 - St. Luke's for 3 consecutive days of "sputum tests and finish medical"

01/10/2007 - St. Luke's for 3 consecutive days of "sputum tests and finish medical"

01/11/2007 - St. Luke's for 3 consecutive days of "sputum tests and finish medical"

01/12/2007 - St. Luke's for pulmonary exam - EVERYTHING CLEAR

01/15/2007 - St. Luke's for vaccinations and release of medical to USE

02/26/2007 - Interview APPROVED - 11+ months for K1 Visa

03/05/2007 - Visa in hand

03/05/2007 - CFO Completed

03/06/2007 - Arrived in Dallas

04/29/2007 - Married in Dallas

Timeline

Just to clarify, a NSO certified birth certificate is not the same as a birth certificate issued by the NSO and printed on NSO security paper (whatever that is!).

I have the feeling that is what is happening is people are showing up with corrected or amended BCs issued by local NSO offices, and that due to the amount of fraud going on, the Embassy is requesting BCs from the NSO office in Manila which are always printed on NSO security paper to make sure it is legit.

I have posted a new sub topic in this section entitled "Birth Certificate Changes - AR"

If you guys want to take this to a focused area, it is there for us. I have everything very well organized and thoroughly checked and double checked for our interview. Knowing that this is an automatic AR kills me.

Good idea Rob! :thumbs:

Timeline
There is a sticker with a few stamps with signatures from CSO indicated on it by the corrections.

I went ahead and paid $20 from the NSO website to have another copy couriered to her aunt's house, 3 days to process request and 9 days to deliver the document according to the receipt after submitting my request.

How are these "corrections" done on the BC? Handwritten or what? How do they know it's corrected or amended?

On Lilia's BC, it is typewritten in the Space for Special Medical or Other Items area at the bottom. No sticker. It just states that persuant to the decision rendered by the CCR, blah blah, the spelling of the child's name is hereby corrected to Lilia. Then signatures and stamp.

03/20/2006 - I-129F - Sent FedEX

03/28/2006 - NOA 1 (Receipt) - NOA issued from CSC

07/03/2006 - RFE (Receipt) - RFE Received

07/07/2006 - RFE and Waiver Request - RFE arrived at CSC

09/01/2006 - NOA2 - USCIS Email - Approved w/Waiver

09/22/2006 - Electronic Version - Manila - Embassy Received

12/13/2006 - Packet 4 Received via DHL

12/21/2007 - Medical St. Lukes

12/22/2006 - St. Luke's canceled medical in progress - required additional tests in Jan for upper respiratory congestion.

12/28/2006 - Interview Canceled because of congestion and cough during medical at St. Lukes

01/09/2007 - St. Luke's for 3 consecutive days of "sputum tests and finish medical"

01/10/2007 - St. Luke's for 3 consecutive days of "sputum tests and finish medical"

01/11/2007 - St. Luke's for 3 consecutive days of "sputum tests and finish medical"

01/12/2007 - St. Luke's for pulmonary exam - EVERYTHING CLEAR

01/15/2007 - St. Luke's for vaccinations and release of medical to USE

02/26/2007 - Interview APPROVED - 11+ months for K1 Visa

03/05/2007 - Visa in hand

03/05/2007 - CFO Completed

03/06/2007 - Arrived in Dallas

04/29/2007 - Married in Dallas

i got mine in a matter of one hr (they werent that busy during that time)... here's what ive known coming from them: if ur born 1980 below and born in cebu or wherever but you're now in CDO it's hard for them to have your file in their computer (some might get lucky though), so the only way to get a BC is to request/go to the place we're you're born. but if you're born 1980 above then any local NSO in the city will do UNLESS if you're being registered late, that's another BIG process before you can get to the NSO

Citizenship N-400

4/15/2010- sent my N-400 via fedex overnight

4/16/2010- signed and delivered

4/29/2010- check cleared

Just to clarify, a NSO certified birth certificate is not the same as a birth certificate issued by the NSO and printed on NSO security paper (whatever that is!).

I have the feeling that is what is happening is people are showing up with corrected or amended BCs issued by local NSO offices, and that due to the amount of fraud going on, the Embassy is requesting BCs from the NSO office in Manila which are always printed on NSO security paper to make sure it is legit.

The NSO things is causing quite a stir.

Let's see if this will help:

A childbirth is recorded in the local civil registrar's office of the town or city where he/she was born. With this registration, the parents get a copy of the child's BC. This BC is just printed on ordinary legal sized paper. The civil registrar's office then forwards this record (or copy of the BC) to the National Statistics Office (NSO).

Now, when we talk about the certified NSO BC, it's a given that it will be printed on the NSO security paper (or NSO Secpa). The NSO will not issue a BC that is not printed on their Secpa.

It won't matter which NSO office you got it from (be it in Davao, Cebu, Manila, etc) as long as it is an NSO office. Take my case for example: I was born in Manila, registered in a local civil registrar's office there but I got my NSO BC from an NSO office in another province. i didn't have any problem with it. :)

AOS Journey

08 Dec 06 - mailed AOS, EAD, AP

15 Dec 06 - received 3 NOA1s in the mail

23 Dec 06 - received biometrics appointment letter in the mail

29 Dec 06 - received email stating that AOS was transferred to CSC

03 Jan 07 - Biometrics appointment

09 Jan 07 - AOS & EAD touched

17 Jan 07 - AOS touched

20 Jan 07 - AOS touched

24 Jan 07 - got AOS CARD PRODUCTION email!

26 Jan 07 - got welcome email

29 Jan 07 - got approval notice email

29 Jan 07 - Green card in the mail!!!

12 Mar 07 - 1st job interview

14 Mar 07 - 1st day @ work!

Lifting of Conditions

25 Oct 08 - Mailed I-751 packet to CSC

31 Oct 08 - Check cashed!

03 Nov 08 - Received NOA dated 10-29-08

26 Nov 08 - Biometrics appointment - a day before we leave for the Phils, whew!

06 Jan 09 - 10yr GC approved!

10 Jan 09 - 10yr GC received

St. Luke's Medical procedure click here

Interview experience click here

CFO (PRISM) experienceclick here

.png

A childbirth is recorded in the local civil registrar's office of the town or city where he/she was born. With this registration, the parents get a copy of the child's BC. This BC is just printed on ordinary legal sized paper. The civil registrar's office then forwards this record (or copy of the BC) to the National Statistics Office (NSO).

Now, when we talk about the certified NSO BC, it's a given that it will be printed on the NSO security paper (or NSO Secpa). The NSO will not issue a BC that is not printed on their Secpa.

It won't matter which NSO office you got it from (be it in Davao, Cebu, Manila, etc) as long as it is an NSO office. Take my case for example: I was born in Manila, registered in a local civil registrar's office there but I got my NSO BC from an NSO office in another province. i didn't have any problem with it. :)

i agree to sillygirl coz i was born in cebu yet i got my NSO BC from CDO. the case of my mom though was different since she was born on the 50's and NSO has no record of her yet so she asked someone to get a certified copy of BC at the place where she's born with sign and seal from the NSO there.

another question! ive got some flaws on my baptismal certificate. my middle name is supposedly Jaomindas but on my baptismal it's written Jao Mindas. there's a spacing. should i get another baptismal certificate and have it corrected? i guess i'm all cramming now with all this BC/identification issues

Citizenship N-400

4/29/2010- check cleared

Timeline

My fiancee has a BC from the NSO in Cagayan de Oro and it is NOT on security paper.

My fiancee has a BC from the NSO in Cagayan de Oro and it is NOT on security paper.

Really??? wow that must be something. NSO offices should issue BC on their security paper ( well all NSO local offices issues BC on security paper) :thumbs: . Not unless you ask from your local civil registrar - then they will give you a BC that in no the security paper.

Gary - it may be that ( welll most probably) your fiance went to the local civil registrar not to the local NSO office coz they are separate offices and issues BC on different papers. :unsure:

Edited by elizabeth

His promises are always true!!
HE is not a man that He should lie.He is not a son of man that He would change His mind.When He speaks, He acts, when He promise He fulfills. Numbers 23:19

January 17, 2011 Sent petition I-130 for my mother
February 14, 2011 Approved petition from the USCIS (Vermont)
March 02, 2011 Received letter from NVC
March 05, 2011 Payment cleared
March 06, 2011 sent the DS3032 via email to NVC
March 09, 2011 received confirmation regarding the Choice of Agent
March 10, 2011 received the IV Fee invoice via email
March 16. 2011 sent check via USPS
March 18, 2011 received e-mail regarding the IV Fee payment and the package for AOS
March 25, 2011 sent the supporting docs for AOS (DS-230 and Civil Docs)
April 15, 2011 received RFE
May 11, 2011 Case Completed
May 27, 2011 Received E-mail from NVC about the INterview Date
July 6, 2011 Interview Date

i think elizabeth might be right too coz if you requested it from the NSO itself, surely they will print on NSO Secpa. although when my mom got her's it was just coming from the registrar's office and when she took it to the NSO they only signed and put some dry seal to my mom's BC (just an ordinary paper from the registrar) so that might be the reason too. would u like me to help your fiancee here see if what she's having now is the right one or not??? she might not be familiar and all

Edited by ronmay

Citizenship N-400

4/29/2010- check cleared

Timeline

Really??? wow that must be something. NSO offices should issue BC on their security paper ( well all NSO local offices issues BC on security paper) :thumbs: . Not unless you ask from your local civil registrar - then they will give you a BC that in no the security paper.

Gary - it may be that ( welll most probably) your fiance went to the local civil registrar not to the local NSO office coz they are separate offices and issues BC on different papers. :unsure:

No, both her BC and CENOMAR are from the NSO in Cagayan de Oro. First she said they were not on security paper, now she told me she doesn't actually know what security paper is so she is not sure. You know I loce her, but each time I ask her she gives me a different answer. :huh:

She did say they are yellow and not plain paper. But she has a friend with a BC from NSO in Ozamis and it's blue! :o

She also has a BC from the local registrar which looks different from either of those.

No, both her BC and CENOMAR are from the NSO in Cagayan de Oro. First she said they were not on security paper, now she told me she doesn't actually know what security paper is so she is not sure. You know I loce her, but each time I ask her she gives me a different answer. :huh:

She did say they are yellow and not plain paper. But she has a friend with a BC from NSO in Ozamis and it's blue! :o

She also has a BC from the local registrar which looks different from either of those.

OK then she got both the BC from NSO and from the local civil registrar. THe paper from the local register is just the regular bond paper or so but with the NSO it has a NSO logo on the upper left corner of the paper and the signature of Administrator and Civil Registrar General -NSO on the lower right corner of the paper. Don't worry she got both i think!

Well there are also people who are not much in paper works so we people who are very into that well I think what we coould do is that be very descriptive - ask your fiance those details and also take a look at the scanned BC posted by dims1. Or best is you ask your fiancee to scan the BC and send it to you so that you can take a look at it :thumbs: Regarding the color- it doesn't matter it's the prerogative of NSO or their rule to issue whatever color it is. Earlier I was talking to my officemate and she just got her passport and she said her BC is color yellow then i showed her my BC and it's color green. :whistle: whatever!!! Just as long as you got it from NSO office - that will suffice!!! :thumbs:

His promises are always true!!
HE is not a man that He should lie.He is not a son of man that He would change His mind.When He speaks, He acts, when He promise He fulfills. Numbers 23:19

January 17, 2011 Sent petition I-130 for my mother
February 14, 2011 Approved petition from the USCIS (Vermont)
March 02, 2011 Received letter from NVC
March 05, 2011 Payment cleared
March 06, 2011 sent the DS3032 via email to NVC
March 09, 2011 received confirmation regarding the Choice of Agent
March 10, 2011 received the IV Fee invoice via email
March 16. 2011 sent check via USPS
March 18, 2011 received e-mail regarding the IV Fee payment and the package for AOS
March 25, 2011 sent the supporting docs for AOS (DS-230 and Civil Docs)
April 15, 2011 received RFE
May 11, 2011 Case Completed
May 27, 2011 Received E-mail from NVC about the INterview Date
July 6, 2011 Interview Date

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

I wanted to post regarding our AR because of an amended bc on NSO paper issued by NSO to my wife. I called and spoke with the embassy this morning and they told me my wife just needed to provide another NSO copy of her bc because the consulate officer was not happy with the copy she provided in the interview, no reason given just wasn't satisfied with it.

My wife went to the NSO office in Quezon City today and she will pick up another copy of her bc at 10am tomorrow morning. She was instructed by the consular officer to bring the new bc to the embassy at 1pm tomorrow. The part that gets me is, the embassy will still take 4 to 6 weeks to complete their internal investigation where they may request their own copy of the bc from the nso to complete their review. Embassy said once the review is completed they will release the visa to delbros for delivery. Now we are back to playing timeline games and my wife is going to live with her aunt in Makati city and wait on delivery or a letter from embassy because she beleives the visa will be released in a matter of days. She said the consulate officer (lady) was very nice and smiled and laughed with her then stuck it to us..ha

We did this by the book, paperwork was perfect, it just blew up in our face over her father's name being changed several years ago on the bc. If I had any advice I would say to include a visit during the medical to the NSO office in Quezon City to request several copies of your BC, CENOMAR and/or marriage certificate so that your wife/fiance can pull extra nso copies out if her bc or any other document is challenged. In the end, if they want to put you into AR, it is their perogative.

You can also request by web, pay with cc and have it delivered in 9 to 12 days locally according to their site.

https://www.ecensus.com.ph/Secure/frmIndex.asp

wish us luck,

04/25/2006 l married Cebu Philippines

11/28/2006 l Interview US Embassy Manila

12/15/2006 l Received k3 VISA

12/27/2006 l POE Detroit USA - Home!!!

AOS - Dallas DORA

07/17/2007 l AOS Interview - accepted into DORA 90 day program

09/06/2007 l Biometrics Appointment Dallas Texas

10/15/2007 l AOS Approved - received "Welcome to the United States" Letter

10/23/2007 l Received Greencard "Permanent Resident Card"

next: lift greencard 2yr condition June/2009 / goal: US Citizenship - 2010

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.