windchaser_4

Manila Embassy Interview

7,088 posts in this topic

A week from today is the final interview and boy are we nervous. Elaine is in Manila right now, already had her medical examination and got her immunizations but the last big hurtle it seems is that final interview. I hope that all our hard word pays off and there isn't some achilies heel of a document we didn't hear that they demand (such as the many who probably were not informed of the electronic 156 form).

Here goes something...

Meh, nothing to see here.

• Replies 7.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

OMG....We didn't know about a cenomar! It amazes me that I have an atorney and he has said nothing of this! Where does she get a cenomar?

If never married, a Certificate of No Marriage Record (CENOMAR) issued by the National Statistics Office (NSO) and printed on NSO security paper should be submitted. You may call the NSO Information Center at 02-737-1111 or visit the NSO webpage at https://www.ecensus.com.ph/Secure/frmIndex.asp to secure a CENOMAR (Singleness).

What does the NSO security paper look like, and how exactly can we tell if the CENOMAR and BC we have is on NSO security paper? :help:

i do think that BC/CENOMAR varies in colors. last 2002 i think the color of my BC from the NSO was green with 3 stamps on the front but the DFA took it for my passport. then i get another one this year colored pink (the paper itself) over top by some yellow colored ink, with no stamp this time. so colors or stamp doesnt really matter as long as you took it from the NSO itself (knowing there's a barcode and registered no# at the bottom), so the embassy might check that barcode whether what you have is a fake BC or not (just my guesses). i dont know about the CENOMAR though...

Thanks for the info. I think I'm reading here that only the NSO office in Manila issues the BC and CENOMAR on NSO "security paper", and that the paper is rather distinctive-looking.

Does anyone know if you can order this through a local NSO office or does it have to be requested at the Manila office?

[/quote

try to call NSO helpline 027371111 to order :thumbs:

I already know you can order online or by phone from Manila. What I want to know is, can my fiance go to her local NSO office and order the BC and CENOMAR on NSO security paper from the NSO in Manila.

Yes, she can get her BC and CENOMAR at her local NSO office. It's cheaper than ordering online. I got mine from NSO Davao City i ordered 2 copies of my BC and one for CENOMAR.

Lara

Timeline

Jan 22, 2007 Arrived in USA

Jan 27, 2007 Wedding Day

---- AOS -------

March 31, 2007----- Submitted AOS and EAD package

April 6, 2007 ------ Package received at USCIS

April 11, 2007 ----- NOA1 ( AOS and EAD )

April 25, 2007 ------ Biometrics

April 26, 2007 ------ Touched

May 21, 2007 ------- NOA 2 ( AOS )

June 13, 2007------- Receive email from Cris, EAD Card Production ordered

June 14, 2007 ------ EAD touched

June 18, 2007 ------ EAD touched

June 21, 2007 ------ EAD email from Cris, USCIS has sent notice on the mail that EAD is approved

June 23, 2007 ------ EAD card received in the mail

July 11, 2007 ------- Initial interview ( Denver, CO ) approved- Thank God

July 17, 2007 ------- Received Welcome Notice in the mail

July 18, 2007 ------- Email Notice from Cris " Production of Card Ordered"

July 27, 2007 ------- Green Card received- God is so Good!

115590570280508.gif

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline
A week from today is the final interview and boy are we nervous. Elaine is in Manila right now, already had her medical examination and got her immunizations but the last big hurtle it seems is that final interview. I hope that all our hard word pays off and there isn't some achilies heel of a document we didn't hear that they demand (such as the many who probably were not informed of the electronic 156 form).

Here goes something...

Just relax and be prepared. Everything will go smoothly. You're in my prayers. Goodluck!!!

(F) Vanny

Edited by sway

"T'was Beauty That Killed the Beast..."

07-09-2004---meet online

04-21-2005---1st visit meet in person

12-15-2005---2nd visit

12-25-2005---engaged

03-30-2006---sent the I-129F to USCIS

04-04-2006---Got the NOA1

06-23-2006---RFE mailed to us

07-04-2006---got the RFE

07-10-2006---sent it back

09-05-2006---NOA2

09-07-2006---Got notice on mail

09-26-2006----mail from NVC with Case MNL2006764xxx

01-12-2007----medical (saint lukes)

01-19-2007----Interview

It’s always so surprising

When love appears over the horizon

I’ll love you for the rest of my days

But still it’s a mystery

of how you ever came to me

Which only proves

Love moves in mysterious ways

Timeline

OMG....We didn't know about a cenomar! It amazes me that I have an atorney and he has said nothing of this! Where does she get a cenomar?

If never married, a Certificate of No Marriage Record (CENOMAR) issued by the National Statistics Office (NSO) and printed on NSO security paper should be submitted. You may call the NSO Information Center at 02-737-1111 or visit the NSO webpage at https://www.ecensus.com.ph/Secure/frmIndex.asp to secure a CENOMAR (Singleness).

What does the NSO security paper look like, and how exactly can we tell if the CENOMAR and BC we have is on NSO security paper? :help:

i do think that BC/CENOMAR varies in colors. last 2002 i think the color of my BC from the NSO was green with 3 stamps on the front but the DFA took it for my passport. then i get another one this year colored pink (the paper itself) over top by some yellow colored ink, with no stamp this time. so colors or stamp doesnt really matter as long as you took it from the NSO itself (knowing there's a barcode and registered no# at the bottom), so the embassy might check that barcode whether what you have is a fake BC or not (just my guesses). i dont know about the CENOMAR though...

Thanks for the info. I think I'm reading here that only the NSO office in Manila issues the BC and CENOMAR on NSO "security paper", and that the paper is rather distinctive-looking.

Does anyone know if you can order this through a local NSO office or does it have to be requested at the Manila office?

[/quote

try to call NSO helpline 027371111 to order :thumbs:

I already know you can order online or by phone from Manila. What I want to know is, can my fiance go to her local NSO office and order the BC and CENOMAR on NSO security paper from the NSO in Manila.

Yes, she can get her BC and CENOMAR at her local NSO office. It's cheaper than ordering online. I got mine from NSO Davao City i ordered 2 copies of my BC and one for CENOMAR.

Lara

Were yours on NSO security paper?

Edited by garya505

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

I am climbing the walls nervously waiting a call from my wife. She is at the embassy doing interview today. I hope to have some good news later this evening!

All these months of waiting, paperwork, fees comes down to a 2 or 3 minute interview with a consulate officer...

04/25/2006 l married Cebu Philippines

11/28/2006 l Interview US Embassy Manila

12/15/2006 l Received k3 VISA

12/27/2006 l POE Detroit USA - Home!!!

AOS - Dallas DORA

07/17/2007 l AOS Interview - accepted into DORA 90 day program

09/06/2007 l Biometrics Appointment Dallas Texas

10/15/2007 l AOS Approved - received "Welcome to the United States" Letter

10/23/2007 l Received Greencard "Permanent Resident Card"

next: lift greencard 2yr condition June/2009 / goal: US Citizenship - 2010

Timeline

Wife called, the consulate officer gave her a form and told her that since her birthcertificate has been corrected that they need another copy from NSO. Gave her instructions to report to NSO for another copy and come back to embassy. She was asked to pay delbros.

All because her father's first middle name was misspelled on her original birth certificate and was corrected with the nso several years ago.

oh well...I'm numb at this point.

I am climbing the walls nervously waiting a call from my wife. She is at the embassy doing interview today. I hope to have some good news later this evening!

All these months of waiting, paperwork, fees comes down to a 2 or 3 minute interview with a consulate officer...

AOS - Dallas DORA

Timeline
Wife called, the consulate officer gave her a form and told her that since her birthcertificate has been corrected that they need another copy from NSO. Gave her instructions to report to NSO for another copy and come back to embassy. She was asked to pay delbros.

All because her father's first middle name was misspelled on her original birth certificate and was corrected with the nso several years ago.

oh well...I'm numb at this point.

Stephen,

I feel for you. As a fellow Dallasite who will soon follow your footsteps in February with an interview at USE, please keep this post up to date.

My fiancee has corrected the spelling of her first name on her birth certificate 2 years ago. Her passport, NBI, school records and everything else is in the corrected spelling.

I called the USE today. I asked the lady in the visa section if the corrected spelling of a name on a birth certificate would cause AR. She said it might or might not. It is at the discretion of the Consulate Officer doing the interview. Another member here told me that he was told that ALL birth certificate changes require AR because there is a lot of fraud now. Can you let us know what you find out, what is the process and how long it takes?

I wish you the very best and speediest solution.

Thanks,

Rob

Edited by robhankins

03/20/2006 - I-129F - Sent FedEX

03/28/2006 - NOA 1 (Receipt) - NOA issued from CSC

07/03/2006 - RFE (Receipt) - RFE Received

07/07/2006 - RFE and Waiver Request - RFE arrived at CSC

09/01/2006 - NOA2 - USCIS Email - Approved w/Waiver

09/22/2006 - Electronic Version - Manila - Embassy Received

12/13/2006 - Packet 4 Received via DHL

12/21/2007 - Medical St. Lukes

12/22/2006 - St. Luke's canceled medical in progress - required additional tests in Jan for upper respiratory congestion.

12/28/2006 - Interview Canceled because of congestion and cough during medical at St. Lukes

01/09/2007 - St. Luke's for 3 consecutive days of "sputum tests and finish medical"

01/10/2007 - St. Luke's for 3 consecutive days of "sputum tests and finish medical"

01/11/2007 - St. Luke's for 3 consecutive days of "sputum tests and finish medical"

01/12/2007 - St. Luke's for pulmonary exam - EVERYTHING CLEAR

01/15/2007 - St. Luke's for vaccinations and release of medical to USE

02/26/2007 - Interview APPROVED - 11+ months for K1 Visa

03/05/2007 - Visa in hand

03/05/2007 - CFO Completed

03/06/2007 - Arrived in Dallas

04/29/2007 - Married in Dallas

I called the USE today. I asked the lady in the visa section if the corrected spelling of a name on a birth certificate would cause AR. She said it might or might not. It is at the discretion of the Consulate Officer doing the interview. Another member here told me that he was told that ALL birth certificate changes require AR because there is a lot of fraud now.

I'm inclined to think that it largely depends upon the other supporting documents for identification that a person can bring. Due to the messed-up nature of government agencies in the Phiippines, I suspect that a somehow screwed-up BC is the norm rather then the exception and most COs would know and expect this. So unfortunately it might hinge on luck-of-the-draw and what CO does the interview.

my blog: http://immigrationlawreformblog.blogspot.com/

"It is the soldier, who salutes the flag, who serves beneath the flag, and whose coffin is draped by the flag, who allows the protester to burn the flag."

-- Charles M. Province

Timeline

Maybe this is why the US Embassy web site says this for requirements for the interview:

BIRTH CERTIFICATE. Your birth certificate should be a copy issued by the National Statistics

Office (NSO) and printed on NSO security paper. If applicable, you should also submit NSO birth

certificates for all your children, even for those who are not applying for a visa. You may call the NSO

Information Center at 02-737-1111 to inquire on securing a birth certificate or visit their website at

www.census.gov.ph.

This is why I've been asking about the "NSO security paper" thing.

garya i believe your fiance is from CDO right? i got my BC here at the NSO CDO. and of course i believe all BC coming from the NSO itself is all being done and printed with their security paper. an NSO seal on the top left side, a barcode and serial no#'s on the bottom left side, printed name and signature by the Administrator and Civil Registar on the bottom right side. (i wish i could scan it for u but my scanner wont scan if one of the ink is empty)... but if u really want to make it sure, have ur fiancee go to the NSO office (easy to reach if your from CDO), or have her call the local office and ask if all security paper are the same regardless on where u requested ur BC... :thumbs: i wana hear what's the final verdict too! lol

Citizenship N-400

4/15/2010- sent my N-400 via fedex overnight

4/16/2010- signed and delivered

4/29/2010- check cleared

when you say she has to return to Manila Embassy to give them the NSO BC...

I wonder what happens when my sweety goes and has this problem with a late reg. BC and she lives in Cebu. Will she have to fly there again to hand them the BC?

This is turning into a real issue. Maybe we should start a Manila thread just for this topic. I'm really concerned about this.

Mike

2_us1.JPG

May 1,2006 Went to Philippines and married my sweety.

----------------------------------

Case completed at NVC 12-01-06 Yaaaaay

Received Interview date notice Feb 6

Physical Feb 20-21 (Went well!)

Interview date March 19"

Be sure to print out a copy of silly girls famous ST. Lukes step by step story.... Its fantastic and made it incredibly easy for my wife to go through the 2 day procedure. I will go find it and put a link.... here it is:

http://www.raymonddouglas.com/visa/medical.pdf

Do yourself a favor and print this out and take it with you to your physical....You'll be glad you did!!

Entered USA 06/06/2007

-----------------------------------------

Naturalization

Sent N-400 on 3/11/10

They received 3/15/10

Cashed Check 3/19/10

Received NOA 3/29/10

Received bio notice 4/05/10

Early biometrics 4/14/10 different from

the date assigned (Original BIO date was 4/27)

Received interview date notice 5/19

Interview 6/24

Oath 8/13 Done.... and DONE!!!! :-)

Timeline
Maybe this is why the US Embassy web site says this for requirements for the interview:

BIRTH CERTIFICATE. Your birth certificate should be a copy issued by the National Statistics

Office (NSO) and printed on NSO security paper. If applicable, you should also submit NSO birth

certificates for all your children, even for those who are not applying for a visa. You may call the NSO

Information Center at 02-737-1111 to inquire on securing a birth certificate or visit their website at

www.census.gov.ph.

This is why I've been asking about the "NSO security paper" thing.

These ARE on NSO Security paper from NSO.

03/20/2006 - I-129F - Sent FedEX

03/28/2006 - NOA 1 (Receipt) - NOA issued from CSC

07/03/2006 - RFE (Receipt) - RFE Received

07/07/2006 - RFE and Waiver Request - RFE arrived at CSC

09/01/2006 - NOA2 - USCIS Email - Approved w/Waiver

09/22/2006 - Electronic Version - Manila - Embassy Received

12/13/2006 - Packet 4 Received via DHL

12/21/2007 - Medical St. Lukes

12/22/2006 - St. Luke's canceled medical in progress - required additional tests in Jan for upper respiratory congestion.

12/28/2006 - Interview Canceled because of congestion and cough during medical at St. Lukes

01/09/2007 - St. Luke's for 3 consecutive days of "sputum tests and finish medical"

01/10/2007 - St. Luke's for 3 consecutive days of "sputum tests and finish medical"

01/11/2007 - St. Luke's for 3 consecutive days of "sputum tests and finish medical"

01/12/2007 - St. Luke's for pulmonary exam - EVERYTHING CLEAR

01/15/2007 - St. Luke's for vaccinations and release of medical to USE

02/26/2007 - Interview APPROVED - 11+ months for K1 Visa

03/05/2007 - Visa in hand

03/05/2007 - CFO Completed

03/06/2007 - Arrived in Dallas

04/29/2007 - Married in Dallas

Timeline

garya i believe your fiance is from CDO right? i got my BC here at the NSO CDO. and of course i believe all BC coming from the NSO itself is all being done and printed with their security paper. an NSO seal on the top left side, a barcode and serial no#'s on the bottom left side, printed name and signature by the Administrator and Civil Registar on the bottom right side. (i wish i could scan it for u but my scanner wont scan if one of the ink is empty)... but if u really want to make it sure, have ur fiancee go to the NSO office (easy to reach if your from CDO), or have her call the local office and ask if all security paper are the same regardless on where u requested ur BC... :thumbs: i wana hear what's the final verdict too! lol

So far the NSO in Manila has confirmed that all of their docs are issued on NSO security paper. I currently have another email request to clarify what the local NSO offices can provide, or get from the Manila office.

I don't intend to go to my fiancee's interview and have them tell us we are on AR because her BC or CENOMAR is not on the right paper! :rolleyes:

Timeline

Yes NSO security paper and all. Consulate Officer told her due to high fraud to changed birth certificates any amended birth certificates need to be verfied by requesting a copy from the NSO. I've requested online and wife is there in person now.

What kills me is it was a typo on her fathers first name Manual instead of Manuel, and her birth cert on nso had the correction stamps and seals.

Guess an amended birth certificate is an automatic AR

AOS - Dallas DORA

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.