windchaser_4

Manila Embassy Interview

7,088 posts in this topic

OMG, Uling!!! I thought I was incapable of blushing anymore at my age but you made me red all over :blush: :blush: LOL :lol:

I second that! except maybe for "at my age" :lol: that makes me feel really oooolllllddddd. :blink:

Geez Uling, the tagalog words u learn... :rolleyes::wacko::lol::jest:

Interviewed today: 10/18/2006 - APPROVED K1 AND K2s....kindly add this pls PW

(F)

Conrgratulations! Woohoo, that is greeaaat news. :thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

Prayers do help, right? :) God bless you guys and here's wishing you the best. Cheers!

AOS Journey

08 Dec 06 - mailed AOS, EAD, AP

15 Dec 06 - received 3 NOA1s in the mail

23 Dec 06 - received biometrics appointment letter in the mail

29 Dec 06 - received email stating that AOS was transferred to CSC

03 Jan 07 - Biometrics appointment

09 Jan 07 - AOS & EAD touched

17 Jan 07 - AOS touched

20 Jan 07 - AOS touched

24 Jan 07 - got AOS CARD PRODUCTION email!

26 Jan 07 - got welcome email

29 Jan 07 - got approval notice email

29 Jan 07 - Green card in the mail!!!

12 Mar 07 - 1st job interview

14 Mar 07 - 1st day @ work!

Lifting of Conditions

25 Oct 08 - Mailed I-751 packet to CSC

31 Oct 08 - Check cashed!

03 Nov 08 - Received NOA dated 10-29-08

26 Nov 08 - Biometrics appointment - a day before we leave for the Phils, whew!

06 Jan 09 - 10yr GC approved!

10 Jan 09 - 10yr GC received

St. Luke's Medical procedure click here

Interview experience click here

CFO (PRISM) experienceclick here

.png

• Replies 7.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for this info ellmoi and uling... we did call (John called this morning)....and followed up our request for expedition and early appointment interview...we were told to get our packet at St. Lukes...fortunately, I am in Manila (I arrived Manila thursday evening) and I got the packet with our appointment schedule:

**ANY WORKDAY 0700AM**

I will fly back to Iloilo Sunday and will be consolidating all the needed documents for me and 2 kids. Hopefully, will be able to have the medical examinations, seminars and interview next week, God willing.

PW please put received petition in Manila: 10/06/2006

appointment schedule: **ANY WORKDAY 0700AM**

God bless everyone,

(F)

I know it's been a few days already but i jst want to say CONGRATULATIONS! :thumbs:

Interviewed today: 10/18/2006 - APPROVED K1 AND K2s....kindly add this pls PW

(F)

Congrats Jo&John! hope you have a very happy life together.

Edited by roymcn3rd

US Embassy Manila website. bringing your spouse/fiancee to USA

http://manila.usembassy.gov/wwwh3204.html

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Congrats all on your interview date. I wish you the best on getting your visas.

Date I-129F Sent : 03/17/2006

Date I-129F NOA1: 04/03/2006

I-129F RFE(s) : 08/10/2006

I-129F RFE Reply(s) : 08/17/2006

Date I-129F NOA2 (Approved) : 08/18/2006

Date Package Received By NVC : 09/05/2006

Date Sent to Embassy: 09/18/2006 assigned number MNL2006743xxx

Date Embassy received 09/26/2006

letter-touched 10/17/2006

information on medical and interview 11/17/2006

Packet with Information 11/29/2006

Medical 1/12/2007

Interview 1/19/2007

Just a friendly reminder (excerpt from the Manila Embassy website)...

IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT

Transition to the Electronic Visa Application Form (EVAF)

Starting November 1, 2006, ALL nonimmigrant visa applicants must use the online Electronic Visa Application Form (EVAF). The EVAF is free of charge, will speed up the processing of visas, and reduce waiting time. It is also easy to use because it is the same application form that is currently used, except it is online.

Handwritten or typed visa applications will no longer be accepted by the Nonimmigrant Visa Unit in Manila. If applicants do not have an EVAF on the day of their scheduled interview, they will have to reschedule their interview through the Call Center or through the VisaPoint™.

Guide to Completing the DS-157 Online Form (excerpt from the Manila Embassy Website)

Items 1, 3-5 - Must contain the applicant’s passport number, issuing country, and issuance and expiration dates, as shown exactly in the applicant’s passport. (For applicants whose passports were issued in Manila, please leave “Country” and “State/Province” fields blank in Item 2.)

Item 6 - Must contain the surname(s) of the applicant as written on the applicant’s passport.

Item 7 - Must contain the first name(s) AND middle name of the applicant as written on the applicant’s passport.

Items 8-9 - Are only for other names or aliases of the applicant.

Item 15 - Should include the address of the applicant’s permanent local address.

Item 17 - Female applicants with legally terminated or annulled marriage must tick Single (Never Married). However, they must explain to the interviewing officer the history of their previous marriage.

Item 20 - Should include the name of the applicant’s current company/institution, and not the name of the applicant’s supervisor, unless the applicant is self-employed or works as a personal employee. For business owners, please specify registered business name.

Items 24-25 - Require the complete information where the applicant will stay in the United States.

Items 30-31 - Must contain information about each U.S. visa issued and each visa refused, including tourist and other types of visas.

Item 37 - Must contain the status of the applicant’s relative(s) in the United States, i.e. legal permanent resident or American citizen.

Item 38 - Must be completed personally by the applicant.

Cheers!!!

Sheriff Uling

NOTE - I believe these are simply suggestions because I'm not sure that folks have followed this to the letter. Plus, I omitted their suggestion for items 40 and 41 from the list above.

Edited by Uling

[CLICK HERE] - MANILA EMBASSY K1 VISA GUIDE (Review Post #1)

[CLICK HERE] - VJ Acronyms and USCIS Form Definitions (A Handy Reference Tool)

Manila Embassy K1 Visa Information

4.2 National Visa Center (NVC) | (603) 334-0700 press 1, then 5....

4.3 Manila Embassy (Immigrant Visa Unit) | 011-632-301-2000 ext 5184 or dial 0

4.4 Department of State | (202) 663-1225, press 1, press 0,

4.5 Document Verification | CLICK HERE

4.6 Visa Interview Appointments website | CLICK HERE

4.7 St. Lukes | 011-63-2-521-0020

5.1 DELBROS website | CLICK HERE

6.2 CFO Guidance and Counseling Seminar | MANILA or CEBU

6.3 I-94 Arrival / Departure info | CLICK HERE

Adjustment of Status (AOS) Information

Please review the signature and story tab of my wife's profile, [Deputy Uling].

DISCLAIMER: Providing information does not constitute legal consul nor is intended as a substitute for legal representation.

I made a mistake because the line should read... Guide to Completing the DS-156 Online Form (excerpt from the Manila Embassy Website)... I typed DS-157 above by mistake because I'm preparing to also give the guidelines for this form. My apologies! Cheers!!!

Edited by Uling

DISCLAIMER: Providing information does not constitute legal consul nor is intended as a substitute for legal representation.

Guide to Completing the DS-157 Form (excerpt from the Manila Embassy Website)

Item 7 - Must indicate mother’s maiden name of the applicant

Item 8 - Must indicate the complete information (name and telephone number) where the applicant will stay in the United States

Item 10 - Must indicate all countries, including the Philippines, that issued a passport to the applicant.

Item 13 - Must bear the names of all associations or organizations which the applicant has/had an affiliation

Cheers!!!

Sheriff Uling

NOTE - I believe these are simply suggestions because I'm not sure that folks have followed this to the letter.

Edited by Uling

congratulations jo and john. :) keep the approvals NOA2s and interview dates rollin!!!!!!!!!

ate luzy malapit na kayo... huuuugsssssssss

Hi Annie..yes I hope mag dilang anghel ka..!kissesssss..

LUZ.gif

Bible.jpgcm66.gifFor my dear Mother - May 10 '44 -Sept 14 '07

hi friends,

God is good...I have my interview date too! Kindly update my timeline.

Medical Appointment: December 04, 2006

Interview Appointment: December 11, 2006

Praise The Lord!!! YAHOOOOO!! YEHEYYYY!!!

tamara

congrats to those who had their interview recently!

Congrats tamara! that good news

While I'm very happy about the interview date in December. I am also a little concerned about the medical being only one week before. That seems to be cutting it a little close, not allowing for contingencies such as her being sick on that day, or whatever. I have read that it is possible to attend the medical earlier than "scheduled" by the embassy. Can anyone advise me on how to make that happen?

Thanks.

yes, you can go to the medical earlier than the scheduled date, but not more than one month from the interview date. that's what I was told by the Embassy. bring the appointment letter with you.

US Embassy Manila website. bringing your spouse/fiancee to USA

http://manila.usembassy.gov/wwwh3204.html

hi Dhonn,

me and Steve are very happy for you and Dave... Congratulations and Goodluck (on your interview), i know you guys are still in cloud 9, hope to be there soon hehehe dancing for joy.

hope Lara and Roxy will have there scheds too... soon...

ate Ana

Congrats and goodluck also to elizabeth, romcn3rd, BJZags, FMerz, forgyj and zethris

Ana

Thanks Ana, Dhonn and I are still on cloud 9...make that cloud 9 million :D Im sure that you and Steve will get your schedules soon too. Having Dec.11th is really cool since I proposed to Dhonn on that day last year. :dance:

Congrats to elizabeth, romcn3rd, BJZags, FMerz, forgyj, zethris and Tamara. Tamara, I notice we have the same interview date!

Timeline
Just a friendly reminder (excerpt from the Manila Embassy website)...

IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT

Transition to the Electronic Visa Application Form (EVAF)

Starting November 1, 2006, ALL nonimmigrant visa applicants must use the online Electronic Visa Application Form (EVAF). The EVAF is free of charge, will speed up the processing of visas, and reduce waiting time. It is also easy to use because it is the same application form that is currently used, except it is online.

Handwritten or typed visa applications will no longer be accepted by the Nonimmigrant Visa Unit in Manila. If applicants do not have an EVAF on the day of their scheduled interview, they will have to reschedule their interview through the Call Center or through the VisaPoint™.

Guide to Completing the DS-157 Online Form (excerpt from the Manila Embassy Website)

Items 1, 3-5 - Must contain the applicant’s passport number, issuing country, and issuance and expiration dates, as shown exactly in the applicant’s passport. (For applicants whose passports were issued in Manila, please leave “Country” and “State/Province” fields blank in Item 2.)

Item 6 - Must contain the surname(s) of the applicant as written on the applicant’s passport.

Item 7 - Must contain the first name(s) AND middle name of the applicant as written on the applicant’s passport.

Items 8-9 - Are only for other names or aliases of the applicant.

Item 15 - Should include the address of the applicant’s permanent local address.

Item 17 - Female applicants with legally terminated or annulled marriage must tick Single (Never Married). However, they must explain to the interviewing officer the history of their previous marriage.

Item 20 - Should include the name of the applicant’s current company/institution, and not the name of the applicant’s supervisor, unless the applicant is self-employed or works as a personal employee. For business owners, please specify registered business name.

Items 24-25 - Require the complete information where the applicant will stay in the United States.

Items 30-31 - Must contain information about each U.S. visa issued and each visa refused, including tourist and other types of visas.

Item 37 - Must contain the status of the applicant’s relative(s) in the United States, i.e. legal permanent resident or American citizen.

Item 38 - Must be completed personally by the applicant.

Cheers!!!

Sheriff Uling

NOTE - I believe these are simply suggestions because I'm not sure that folks have followed this to the letter. Plus, I omitted their suggestion for items 40 and 41 from the list above.

Thanks, is it your interpretation that those who started out written, need to switch over to electronic for the final forms like the 156 and I believe the 134?

Medical 1/12/2007

Interview 1/19/2007

Thanks for all the congratulations!!!:-) Hope and pray that you will get yours sooooooonnnnn!!!! :thumbs:

His promises are always true!!
HE is not a man that He should lie.He is not a son of man that He would change His mind.When He speaks, He acts, when He promise He fulfills. Numbers 23:19

January 17, 2011 Sent petition I-130 for my mother
February 14, 2011 Approved petition from the USCIS (Vermont)
March 02, 2011 Received letter from NVC
March 05, 2011 Payment cleared
March 06, 2011 sent the DS3032 via email to NVC
March 09, 2011 received confirmation regarding the Choice of Agent
March 10, 2011 received the IV Fee invoice via email
March 16. 2011 sent check via USPS
March 18, 2011 received e-mail regarding the IV Fee payment and the package for AOS
March 25, 2011 sent the supporting docs for AOS (DS-230 and Civil Docs)
April 15, 2011 received RFE
May 11, 2011 Case Completed
May 27, 2011 Received E-mail from NVC about the INterview Date
July 6, 2011 Interview Date

Timeline

I am really confused. How does one sign this electronic form.

Maybe some useful sights

http://evisaforms.state.gov/

http://manila.usembassy.gov/wwwh3024.html

https://evisaforms.state.gov/ds156.asp

Medical 1/12/2007

Interview 1/19/2007

Thanks, is it your interpretation that those who started out written, need to switch over to electronic for the final forms like the 156 and I believe the 134?

You missed my post right below the one you quoted. I inadvertantly put DS-157 but it should read DS-156 for Post #2029. The DS-156 is the only "eform" that we must fill out online at this website (CLICK HERE). The DS-156K and DS-157 are NOT currently Electronic Visa Application Forms! Cheers!!!

I am really confused. How does one sign this electronic form...

There is not an electronic signature. Your John or Jan Hancock is still required. By the by, the bad thing about the electronic form is that if you make a mistake once you have completed the form, then you must go back to the weblink and complete the form AGAIN. Have fun!!! Cheers!!!

Edited by Uling

Timeline

You missed my post right below the one you quoted. I inadvertantly put DS-157 but it should read DS-156 for Post #2029. The DS-156 is the only "eform" that we must fill out online at this website (CLICK HERE). The DS-156K and DS-157 are NOT currently Electronic Visa Application Forms! Cheers!!!

I am really confused. How does one sign this electronic form...

There is not an electronic signature. Your John or Jan Hancock is still required. By the by, the bad thing about the electronic form is that if you make a mistake once you have completed the form, then you must go back to the weblink and complete the form AGAIN. Have fun!!! Cheers!!!

Thanks for bringing this to my attention and others attention. I did not have a clue about this. I hope they mention it in the packet they send so others are not caught off guard.

Medical 1/12/2007

Interview 1/19/2007

Thanks for bringing this to my attention and others attention. I did not have a clue about this. I hope they mention it in the packet they send so others are not caught off guard.

I have also been wondering if and when are they going to update Packet 4 to identify this new policy. Especially since they "claim" that the beneficiary will be required to reschedule the interview without having completed the DS-156 eform with the barcode. Thank God for this website and I feel really sorry for those who do not have a support group or informed immigration lawyer. I will continue to check the Packet 4 that is available through the Manila Embassy website to see if they make this update. Please keep us informed on whether your Packet 4 indicates that you must complete the DS-156 online. Oh, if the Packet 4 that you receive does not indicate that you must complete the eform for the DS-156. I suggest that you do it anyway. Better safe than sorry! Cheers!!!

Edited by Uling

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.