windchaser_4

Manila Embassy Interview

7,088 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
:dance::dance::dance:

December 05, 2005- Met online

January 15, 2006 - I love you. I love you too.

July 19-26,2006- First visit

July 19,2006- Engaged

August 17, 2006 - I-129F mailed to VSC

December 20,2006 - January 08,'07 - Second visit

January 12, 2007 -Visa on Hand

January 26, 2007 -Arrived in the USA - POE:SFO

February 14, 2007 -Civil Wedding

March 12, 2007 - Applied for SSN married name

April 16, 2007 - SSN received

March 12, 2007- AOS mailed to Chicago Xbox

March 14, 2007- AOS delivered to Chicago Xbox

March 20, 2007- NOA1

March 23, 2007- Touched

March 26, 2007- Biometrics letter received

April 11, 2007- Case transfered to CSC

April 12, 2007- Biometrics appointment

April 12 & 14 2007- Touched

April 16, 2007- CSC transfer notice received

May 16, 2007- Touched, case pending @ CSC

May 17 & 18 2007- Touched

June 25 & 26 2007- Touched

July 03, 2007- Card Production ordered

July 04, 2007- Touched

July 05, 2007- Touched

July 06, 2007- Approval Notice Sent

July 07, 2007- Touched

July 09, 2007- Welcome Letter received

July 11, 2007- Green Card received (dated June 28,2007)

March 28, 2009 - File to Remove Condition

• Replies 7.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Timeline

Packet 4 question?

We have not received the packet from the embassy. It has not held us back because I was able to download all of the packet files from Ulings link (Thank Uling!)

My question is should we be concerned about them not sending us the packet. I am trying to make our travel arrangements and I sure you are all aware of the hassle of making flight arrangements ahead of time. I am concerned because she has had a history of delivery problems to her address.

05/18/05: Met on Yahoo chat.

09/10/05: We agree to meet.

02/10/06: First trip to Manila

03/26/06: Filied I-129F package

04/04/06: NOA 1 at California service center

06/30/06: IMBRA RFE mailed to CSC

07/05/06: Email stating CSC received RFE

07/31/06: NOA 2! Wahoooo!

08/03/06: NVC reciept

08/07/06: NVC forwards petition to the Embassy!!

08/15/06: Embassy received case:MNL2006716###

09/19/06: We have an interview date!! Wahoo!

11/20/06: Interview

11/29/06: VISA delivered

12/05/06: Entry into the U.S. at LAX

What a roller coaster ride. After calling the embassy call center yesterday, a very nice lady pretty much made me feel that we were going to have to wait out a CENOMAR check. It had not been processed but was with the CO.

Then out of the blue with no warning from Delbros, the visa was delivered today (Oct 4). So 14 days for us...you can add that to the timeline.

Finally.....I feel happy and exhausted.

Congratulations!

I have good news too. We're approved!!!! Wooohoooo!!!! :dance::dance::dance:

More info after i've calmed down a bit. :lol:

Congrats!!! :dance::dance::dance:

14 Feb 06 - Sent I129f

17 Feb 06 - NOA1

25 May 06 - NOA2

20 Jun 06 - Petition received in Manila

28 Jun 06 - CFO Guidance and Counselling

24 July 06 - 1st day Medical exam [8:00-11:30AM]

25 July 06 - 2nd day Medical exam [9:00 - 3:10PM]

08 Aug 06 - Appointment date - Approved :)

14 Aug 06 - VISA received

31 Aug 06 - Last day of work :'(

01 Sep 06 - Fly.. Fly.. Fly.. Got in the US

29 Oct 06 - Got married

03 Nov 06 - Submitted the required docs to AOS

waiting..waiting..waiting..

--------------------------

Life is like computer application, it's not always bug-free - brittaniquec_Chic

Visa Applicants Must Use Electronic Application Form as of November 1

To speed the application process for a non-immigrant visa to the United States, the U.S. Embassy will require all visa applicants after November 1, 2006, to use an electronic application form available for free on the Internet. This form must be completed and presented to the Embassy on the date of your visa interview.

For the full story (Manila Embassy Website) - CLICK HERE

[CLICK HERE] - MANILA EMBASSY K1 VISA GUIDE (Review Post #1)

[CLICK HERE] - VJ Acronyms and USCIS Form Definitions (A Handy Reference Tool)

Manila Embassy K1 Visa Information

4.2 National Visa Center (NVC) | (603) 334-0700 press 1, then 5....

4.3 Manila Embassy (Immigrant Visa Unit) | 011-632-301-2000 ext 5184 or dial 0

4.4 Department of State | (202) 663-1225, press 1, press 0,

4.5 Document Verification | CLICK HERE

4.6 Visa Interview Appointments website | CLICK HERE

4.7 St. Lukes | 011-63-2-521-0020

5.1 DELBROS website | CLICK HERE

6.2 CFO Guidance and Counseling Seminar | MANILA or CEBU

6.3 I-94 Arrival / Departure info | CLICK HERE

Adjustment of Status (AOS) Information

Please review the signature and story tab of my wife's profile, [Deputy Uling].

DISCLAIMER: Providing information does not constitute legal consul nor is intended as a substitute for legal representation.

Packet 4 question?

We have not received the packet from the embassy. It has not held us back because I was able to download all of the packet files from Ulings link (Thank Uling!)

My question is should we be concerned about them not sending us the packet. I am trying to make our travel arrangements and I sure you are all aware of the hassle of making flight arrangements ahead of time. I am concerned because she has had a history of delivery problems to her address.

What travel arrangements are you making? I'm not sure its wise to be doing any travel planning until successful approval and actual delivery of the visa. As for the no packet situation, I believe that you should call the embassy and let them know that no packet has been received, and that you would prefer to pick it up at St. Lukes.

To speed the application process for a non-immigrant visa to the United States, the U.S. Embassy will require all visa applicants after November 1, 2006, to use an electronic application form available for free on the Internet. This form must be completed and presented to the Embassy on the date of your visa interview.

That's interesting. You click the link and the electronic form available is ONLY the DS-156, but NOT the DS-156K or 157. You suppose the other two forms will be coming in electronic format a little later?

my blog: http://immigrationlawreformblog.blogspot.com/

"It is the soldier, who salutes the flag, who serves beneath the flag, and whose coffin is draped by the flag, who allows the protester to burn the flag."

-- Charles M. Province

I have good news too. We're approved!!!! Wooohoooo!!!! :dance::dance::dance:

More info after i've calmed down a bit. :lol:

Congratulations, sillygirl! :dance::dance:

That's interesting. You click the link and the electronic form available is ONLY the DS-156, but NOT the DS-156K or 157. You suppose the other two forms will be coming in electronic format a little later?

Try this link also. I filled out all electronic forms (DS-156, DS-156K, DS-157) for my interview here and had no problem with them whatsoever.

http://travel.state.gov/visa/frvi/forms/forms_1342.html

Good luck.

Audrey :)

Application for Naturalization (N-400)

11 May 2010 - Mailed application to Phoenix, AZ Lockbox (Day 1)

13 May 2010 - Package Received in Phoenix (Day 3)

24 May 2010 - Check Cashed/NOA Date (Day 13)

27 May 2010 - Received NOA1 (Day 16)

05 June 2010- Received Biometrics Notice (Day 25)

22 June 2010- Schedule for Biometrics (Day 42)

11 August 2010 - Interview at Los Angeles, CA Field Office (Day 92)- APPROVED

22 Sept. 2010 - Oath Taking (busy at work and had to reschedule)

17 Nov. 2010 - Oath Taking at Pomona, CA

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

hi y'all!

congrats to those who were recently approved!!! this thread just gets bigger and bigger everytime.

again, i just want to thank all y'all who were kind enough to reply ASAP when i had questions regarding the process. i don't know what i would have done without VJ and this thread. i really was thinking of getting an attorney for the K1 and AOS process. now...after this brief and informational journey...i can even teach others how to do their visa processess (i am currently helping my sister and her husband. he was on a tourist visa...been married for a year but did not do the AOS! anyways...that's a whole 'nother set of things...got side-tracked... :unsure: )

it is now set...my fiance will be here on Oct. 11, 2006 @ 7:40 PM LAX. :dance: we're both excited!!! i can even say to him...see yah next week! :luv:

tc!

Fate is building a bridge of chance for the one you love...

K1 (I-129F) to CSC to Manila Embassy, Philippines

Sent : 01-28-2006 / Interview: 09-14-2006 / POE: 10-11-2006 / Applied for SSN card: 11-17-2006 / Received SSN card: 11-27-2006 / Got Hitched: 11-09-2006 !!!

AOS and EAD Application

Sent via USPS Priority: 11-28-2006 / Received @ Chicago: 12-01-2006 / NOA1 AOS & EAD: 12-06-2006 / Biometrics Appt: 12-22-2006 / Interview Date: 03-13-2007 / EAD Card Production Ordered: 02-15-2007 / EAD Card Sent: 02-20-2007 / EAD Card Received: 02-22-2007

[Approved: 03-13-2007 / GC Received: 03-22-2007 / CA License Issued: 04-12-2007 / Removing Conditions: 12-13-2008]

Removing Conditions

Sent via USPS Priority: 12-19-2008 / Received @ CSC: 12-22-2008 / NOA: 12-25-2008 / Biometrics Appt: 01-14-2009 / Card Production ordered: 02-13-2009 / GC Received: sometime in March 2009

Packet 4 question?

What travel arrangements are you making? I'm not sure its wise to be doing any travel planning until successful approval and actual delivery of the visa. As for the no packet situation, I believe that you should call the embassy and let them know that no packet has been received, and that you would prefer to pick it up at St. Lukes.

I agree. Please call the Manila Embassy and let them know. The good thing is that whether you are able to acquire an appointment letter or not... you will make it through this process just fine. Cheers!!!

I am speculating the plan is to make the DS-156K and DS-157 accessible in the electronic format as well. This would actually save them money with reproducing the forms with updated versions. Especially with the DS-157 because BPI is validating an older version than provided on the Manila Embassy website. Cheers!!!

Edited by Uling

DISCLAIMER: Providing information does not constitute legal consul nor is intended as a substitute for legal representation.

Packet 4 question?

I agree. Please call the Manila Embassy and let them know. The good thing is that whether you are able to acquire an appointment letter or not... you will make it through this process just fine. Cheers!!!

I am speculating the plan is to make the DS-156K and DS-157 accessible in the electronic format as well. This would actually save them money with reproducing the forms with updated versions. Especially with the DS-157 because BPI is validating an older version than provided on the Manila Embassy website. Cheers!!!

On the BPI validating an older version. Is the bank forcing the beneficiary to fill out the old forms that are at the bank, rather than validating a more current form that has been downloaded from wherever and brought in already filled-out?

my blog: http://immigrationlawreformblog.blogspot.com/

"It is the soldier, who salutes the flag, who serves beneath the flag, and whose coffin is draped by the flag, who allows the protester to burn the flag."

-- Charles M. Province

On the BPI validating an older version. Is the bank forcing the beneficiary to fill out the old forms that are at the bank, rather than validating a more current form that has been downloaded from wherever and brought in already filled-out?

BPI is validating an older version of the DS-157 form. For all who have not paid the K1 Visa Application Fee yet, BPI prints a receipt (validation) on the back (rear) of one (1) DS-157 in addition to giving the benificiary a receipt. I'm NOT suggesting that you do the follow, but we completed the updated form that is available on the Manila Embassy website and copied the validation on the rear of both copies that will be submitted during the interview. My fiance will take the blank DS-157 form that BPI validated as well as the reciept with her to the interview (just in case). Like I wrote earlier, I'm not suggesting that anyone do that, but I elected to go that route because I wanted to submit the most current version of the forms. Why? Because I'm #######. LOL!!! Cheers!!!

Timeline

:D Just got off the phone with my beloved, and wanted to share the good news with you all.......APPROVED!!!!

Zelle said the interview was a breeze, just a few basic questions from a very friendly consular officer. I want to thank each and every contributor to this great forum, your help and inspiration has been invaluable. Will give an update when the visa is delivered.

Maraming Salamat,

-kevlar_kev

Congrats! wishing you a very happy life together.

US Embassy Manila website. bringing your spouse/fiancee to USA

http://manila.usembassy.gov/wwwh3204.html

I am curious if this applies to K-1's and K-3's, which are technically non-immigrant visa's but handled by the immigrant visa section. In the last part of the posting, it seems to describe the procedures that non-immigrant visa applicants can use, like calling to schedule an appointment and visa-point that K-1's and K-3's cannot use. If this is the case, then people who have November interview dates should be provided this information in the K-packets and not blank copies of the forms.

Marilyn and Peter.

K-1 Timeline in Profile (our story)

Church wedding Sept 18

NOA1's for AOS/EAD received Sept 20 MSC #

Biometrics completed Nov 5 2004

EAD Approval Dec 29 2004

AOS appointment letter received Feb 3 2005

AOS interview scheduled for March 9 2005

AOS interview mostly fine, just need I-693 supplement filled out by civil surgeon

Spend another $40 for I-693 form, sent to local USCIS office registered mail, arrived March 11 2005

AOS finally approved March 25th 2005

Green card arrives about 10 days later

!!Green card has incorrect middle name!! Thanks USCIS

Travel back to Denver, turn in card and I-90 to correct their mistake.

Application accepted, asked for I-551 stamp, they told me "We don't do stamps anymore"

NOA1 for I-90 received from NSC April 18 2005, fee waived

NSC appears to have stoped processing I-90's

Marilyn needs to travel back to the RP, call Senators office for help with green card or I-551 stamp

Travel back to Denver July 1, 2005 and received I-551 stamp in the passport.

I am curious if this applies to K-1's and K-3's, which are technically non-immigrant visa's but handled by the immigrant visa section. In the last part of the posting, it seems to describe the procedures that non-immigrant visa applicants can use, like calling to schedule an appointment and visa-point that K-1's and K-3's cannot use. If this is the case, then people who have November interview dates should be provided this information in the K-packets and not blank copies of the forms.

Marilyn and Peter.

My instincts say this procedure applies to K1 and K3 visa petitions, and they will make the DS-156K and DS-157 electronic applications sometime in the future. However, I am speculating, but time will tell. I will call the Manila Embassy because I want to know (if someone beats me to this action then please ask on our behalf). I do wonder if the Manila Embassy will cease and desist in sending the DS-156 form within the visa packet and direct folks to the weblink. However, we may be expecting too much... too fast. LOL!

Edited by Uling

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.