TCorsair

Does it make sense to have a medical exam early?

12 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hello,

Saw a few postings of some other folks unlucky to have their plans held up by a bad result at SLEC. In light of that and the extended wait between NOA1 and NOA2, wondering if others have scheduled a medical exam prior to the "real deal" at SLEC in order to catch anything early and get treatment if need be.

Trouble is, not sure what they look for, greatly appreciate feedback on this idea and a list of what to screen for in order to avoid trouble down the road. That being said, my financee is in good health, just worried about any kind of result that would raise a flag during the exam but not show any symptoms.

Thanks!

-Bryan

Hello,

Saw a few postings of some other folks unlucky to have their plans held up by a bad result at SLEC. In light of that and the extended wait between NOA1 and NOA2, wondering if others have scheduled a medical exam prior to the "real deal" at SLEC in order to catch anything early and get treatment if need be.

Trouble is, not sure what they look for, greatly appreciate feedback on this idea and a list of what to screen for in order to avoid trouble down the road. That being said, my financee is in good health, just worried about any kind of result that would raise a flag during the exam but not show any symptoms.

Thanks!

-Bryan

Hi Bryan (TC),

As far as I've know, SLEC would really ask for the case number and that case number will be given by NVC and that is after your petition from USCIS has been approved ( your NOA2)..Besides SLEC staff will be asking/looking for the NVC letter and appointment letter from the USEM..So why in hurry?

Ive read from some other posts here that having medical exam without appointment letter is okay and yeah they allowed it but SLEC just give ONLY 1 month as its validity from the time it ws being taken....Tell your fiancee not to worry, everything will goes fine with her..She just have to stay positive and healthy....May suggest her to take vitamins, eat more fruits and vegetables, drink more juices/water and milk ( just the same thing I did)...I hope these things will help you and ur beloved fiancee..Goodluck and God bless to all of us here on our visa journey...

Dzyrhetom

07-07-08 - filed I-129f and sent it to VSC

08-25-08 - NOA1

12-10-08 - hard copy of NOA2 rec'd

12-17-08 - NVC received our case

12-18-08 - 02-03-09---- stuck at NVC

02-04-09 - NVC RELEASED/FORWARDED OUR CASE TO USEM, AT LAST!!!

02-11-09 - USEM received the hard copy of packet 3..

02-18-09 - Medical at SLEC...THANKS GOD, I PASSED !!!

03-04-09 - Interview @ USEM,VISA APPROVED!!! ( His WILL for us)

03-10-09 - Visa delivered(on hand).......@ 11:00 am

03-14-09 - FLYING time! >>03-14-09 ( US time @ 1 p.m) Arrived ...POE: DETROIT <<

MAY 17, 2009 - MARRIED !!!

AOS

11-03-09 - Mailed the AOS package

11-05-09 - Status Delivered to Chicago Lockbox

11-12-09 - Check Cashed (Online Banking)

11-13-09 - NOA's for I-485, I-765 , I-131

11-23-09 - Received Bio appt. notice

12-03-09 - Bio appt. Done @ memphis...Hassle free

12-21-09 - Touched (online status says that case was transferrred to CSC)

12-30-09 - Touched online (I-765 & I-131 Approved)

01-04-10 - I-131 Approval Notice rec'd

01-11-10 - EAD card rec'd..Yehey! & Apply for SSN ..02-22-10 - Finally got the SSN card

03-05-10 -Card prod. ordered

03-12-10 - GREEN CARD on hand

ROC- I-751

01-19-12- Sent the packet to Vermont Service Center

01-23-12- Cash the checked (2 yr GC expires on this day too),  01-28-12- NOA 1 received

02-28-12- NOA2 received -bio appt for 04-03

04-03-12- Biometrics done on this day

02-22-13- RFE rec'd & -02-28-13- RFE responded

03-14-13- Checked online status and it states: APRROVED!

~~NATURALIZED US CITIZEN on 10/23/2015~~

Mom's JOURNEY  : 12-29-17: I-130 petition sent to Chicago lockbox

1-03-18- Got a text & email from USCIS that application was received

1-08-18- rec'd hard copy NOA1 - I797,   7-02-18- I-130 petition for Mom approved- YAY!

08-23-18: Received an email from NVC with the case number MNL..Also paid the fees (AOS & IV)

10/16/18- Submitted all docs via CEAC, 10/25/18- Received an email stating " Case Completed/Documetary Qualified"

11/9/18: Received an email from NVC stating interview date,12/3/18: INTERVIEW DATE

I had my wife and daughter get a TB test about 6 months prior to their projected interview. Good thing as my daughter had PS and was medicated and cured before their SLEC medical.

I also had them take the St. Lukes medical with the NOA2 1 1/2 months before their interview just in case something "popped up".

There are HIGH levels of TB in the RP.

Edited by Haole

K1 denied, K3/K4, CR-1/CR-2, AOS, ROC, Adoption, US citizenship and dual citizenship

!! ALL PAU!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

if you know you have anything that will come up in the x-rays (scar on lung from previous tb) take the test asap, they will delay you regardless if your cured to have a sputum test and culture test which will take arnd 2 months..by that time you can just get everything ready for the interview while waiting for the results as long as your negative on the tests you will be givin another interview date......

dsc04224md7.jpg

Filed: Timeline
if you know you have anything that will come up in the x-rays (scar on lung from previous tb) take the test asap, they will delay you regardless if your cured to have a sputum test and culture test which will take arnd 2 months..by that time you can just get everything ready for the interview while waiting for the results as long as your negative on the tests you will be givin another interview date......

One potential problem with doing medical too early...They will take u the first day. But for second day of vaccines, they may tell you to come back after higher priority people with interviews sooner than yours. This happened to me. I pleaded and they said no, come back when we have time for you. But, I just showed up the next day and they took me :) Just be sure you don't fall for this.

as soon as you have the appointment letter, go to the medicals right away.

feb. 26,2008-----noa1

aug. 26, 2008----transferred to csc

sept. 19, 2008--- approved

NVC:

sept. 26, 2008----got case # from a live operator

oct. 6, 2008 ------received AOS bill/paid online

oct. 7, 2008 ------shows PAID

oct. 14,2008 -----IV fee generated/ paid online

oct. 15,2008 -----shows PAID

oct. 16,2008 -----mailed DS230 overnight

oct. 23,2008 ---- RFE

nov. 3,2008 ----- case complete

nov. 26,2008 --- medical exam

aug. 14,2009 --- remedical finally, passed

aug. 24, 2009 -- interview , passed

aug. 29, 2009 -- visa in hand

sept. 24, 2009 -- POE LAX

Try to have a chest x-ray from a private hospital/clinic to verify if there is problem, i.e. scar or something.

Prior to my SLEC examination, I utilized our company's annual physical check-up just to give me an idea regarding my health. The annual physical check-up was free and its mandatory. I just timed it properly with SLEC schedule. I got the result prior to SLEC examination.

Thus, when i had my physical examination in SLEC, i had nothing to worry about.

Hello,

Thanks!

-Bryan

K1 Process:

May 1, 2008 Submitted I-129F to CSC

May 8, 2008 Received by CSC

May 9, 2008 NOA1

May 18, 2008 Touched

October 9, 2008 RFE

October 28, 2008 RFE Reply

October 29, 2008 Touched

October 30, 2008 Touched

November 1, 2008 NOA2 (HardCopy)

November 11, 2008 Letter from NVC (Hardcopy)

November 14 & 17, 2008 Medical (Passed)

November 26, 2008 Interview (Passed)

December 5, 2008 Visa Received

December 23, 2008 US Entry (POE: Hawaii)

February 7, 2009 Private Wedding

AOS Process:

March 9, 2009 Mailed AOS Application via Express Mail (I-485, I-765, I-131)

March 10, 2009 USPS confirmed that AOS application was delivered and received in Chicago

March 18, 2009 Received NOA for AOS, EAD and AP

April 8, 2009 Biometrics Done

April 27, 2009 AP Approved

May 1, 2009 AP received in the mail

May 2, 2009 EAD card received in the mail

May 29, 2009 AOS interview (Approved)

June 29, 2009 GC received

ROC Process

March 1, 2011 Mailed I-175 Application via Express Mail

March 4 ,2011 NOA for I-175

April 05,2011 Biometrics [Early Biometrics March 22, 2011]

April 21,2011 Approval

April 27,2011 10 Year Green Card Received

Naturalization Process

March 6, 2012 Mailed N-400 Application via Express Mail

[/size]

Just keep this in mind when taking the medical early, they put my wife's expiration date six months from the date of the medical, NOT the interview.

(She had to reschedule her interview because of having to take the sputum test)

Ako gugma ko GWAPA asawa Kathlene!

(I love my BEAUTIFUL wife Kathlene!)

_________

"A life spent making mistakes is not only more honorable, but more useful than a life spent doing nothing."

George Bernard Shaw

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.