SupportOAFJF

Yardies at home and Farrin (part13)

5,386 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Good night ladies,

The jamaican resturants on howard street in evanston don't cook good. When I was pregnant last year and I just felt for some curry goat and I drove down there i had to throw the food away because all that was in there was oil and it didn't taste good. You would do better to cook it yourself

Can someone tell me what vaccines that they will need you to get.

Thanks

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Well I have some time plus I'm in BOOMTOWN (Bored Outta Of My Mind) so I'll share. Although I wish my story was all juicy and romantic like the others but here goes:

I have known my SO since the beginning of time. His family and my family were really close. My mom was actually married to his uncle. Ha! Some of my friends say that I'm marrying my cousin but Lord he is not that. My mom and his uncle have been divorced for a long time now but still remain friends. Anyhoo, my sister moved to Jamaica when she was little to be closer to her dad's people; and so I would visit when I was outta school and breaks, etc. By this time the divorce between my mom and his uncle had been done and over with and me and SO would sometimes hang out and go out together. He was a major starer and would always be looking at me even when I wasn't talking. After sometime I could feel like he liked me but he would never tell me really. He is so shy!! Well we started talking on the phone and I started to visit just him. Forget the family! LOL. We both wanted to start a more serious relationship but we knew it would be really hard; both because we were really young at the time and the distance was a killer. Some years passed by and I was still just visiting him and on one trip we decided that we both loved each other and wanted to make this more of relationship. So I filed and he is here now. I love being with him, his eyes, his swag, his smell and overrall just him. He is so patient, kind and sincere. Now almost 6 years, one daughter and another on the way; our love is growing stronger and we know God has a plan for us.

Was reading the 'how'd you meet your SO' thread and realized you'd just gone through this K-1 so I looked at your timeline. Did us VJers already know you got married on Saturday?? I'm spacey at times so if I already congratulated you, well, let me just do it again.

CONGRATS on your wedding Nette! :dance:

I missed this as well - CONGRATS ShaNette!

What Doesn't Kill You Makes You Stronger....

Ladies How much did you pay for your SO's to get vaccines?? They are charging over 200.00US

Hey Lovesponge,

My Hubby had to get 5 vaccines Friday before his medical today, it was 10K JA, he went to the medical Center in Crossroads in Kingston.....

Ladies you have been busy today trying to catch up the last 10 pages LOL

****ROC VSC****

Submitted I-751: 3/9/11

NOA1: 3/15/11

Biometrics Appointment:5/2/11

Early Bio Walk-In: 4/8/11

Approved: 9/23/11

Green Card Received: 9/30/11

Timeline
EXACTLY.. we can't take care of everything and then when he get here EXPECT for him to START taking on some of the responsibility we had harbored all throughout the romance.. that expectation has to be established from the start.. when i first met RG i used to intentionally not take my wallet (heck i did that w/ guys here, cuz don't know if ya'll noticed alot of men are becoming SORRY!!!!!!! another subject) so if he couldnt pay for it then WE don't need it..

so anyway, now that i know he is an upstanding guy and is not out to spend up all my money, i don't mind sharing in expenses, we are working together for a set goal.

God forbid me get wid a man that only identifies w/ his own struggle.. i knew this dude that was quick to tell me when he didn't have no gas money, but when i started trying to talk about my finanical woes, he came back w/ but quana u have a good job and u don't know how it is not to eat but once a day not cuz u choose to but cuz u have to :blink::angry: .. i knew right then and there, he was not the one for me!!!

LOL, Quana you and I are a lot alike - I do that with DJ too - We hold each other down - there are times when he hasn't had money bc of the accident & stuff - and I don't mind picking up the ball then - but when he does have $, I never bring my wallet when we go out - In Jan. when we were in Mo Bay, we went for a late dinner, then we were going to MVille - after dinner, he went to the bathroom - I sat there, the waitress brought the check, he came back and asked if we were set - I said no - pay the bill - He was shocked that I hadn't paid it - I told him I didn't bring money with me - He paid, we left the restaurant - flew past MVille and he pulled into the hotel - I was confused - He had put enough money in his pocket for us to go out, and had to go back and get more money, lol

i'm so upset i havent even started my k-1 yet..i just send my SO the forms to fill out and send back to me ...i already have everything else i need for the package..so hopefully i will have it sent out by next month.. :thumbs:

same thing i told ells nikki girl.. don't think u are going too slow.. Gods timing is divine.. of course that don't mean drag our feet, but don't be discouraged if things don't happen as fast as others..

i haven't filed yet, not quite ready, but i get to thinking MAN, by the time i do file, i could have went through the process 2 times or more.. or he could have been here and working by now..

these thoughts will make us go crazy... enjoy where u are now, now matter how frustrating LOL

good advice.. rg and i too have tried to discipline ourselves when it comes to talk time..

alright ladies, im leaving early today, just cuz i can LOL.. had some scheduled leave, then i will be mad when i don't have enough leave and I REALLY need to do something OH WELL carpe diem lol bout to go enjoy the day..

Enjoy your night, Quana!

Quana you are on the money today - Heaven, everything happens in its time - I know how frustrating it is - But when I look back now, I am grateful for the delays that DJ and I have had - because we truly have been through a lot together, spent a lot of time together, and that time has only made us stronger in us - it was worth it in the end. Of course now, if the BLOODCLAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT IDIOT doesn't get his decree this week, I might be in jail in JA for murder instead of my wedding, lol

Jengles, sorry you are having a bad day!

Ryon - hope your dad is feeling better, I know how hard that is.

:rofl: Sus - you're off the chain!! :yes:

Nope they haven't been. That was Multnomah Falls in Oregon, near Portland! Beautiful there too! This will be their first trip out of the states! The "situation" is what it is and I'm better with it since its been some time now! I believe everything happens for a reason even if we don't know why! And that time tells everything........so we will see! Maybe he will step it up and maybe he won't! I'm not counting on anything anymore! But don't get me wrong, we still talk and he knows we are coming.

I'm just dying to be in Jamaica.....I LOVVVVVE that place regardless!

Sounds like you're in a good spot. I been thinking about you.

What Doesn't Kill You Makes You Stronger....

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
I'm confused about the police certificate. I thought you had to get it from the places you lived since 16, but after reading more it looks like you get it in Kingston (even if you never lived there). So does my SO just need to get it in Kingston for all the places he lived? Also, will they mail it to him or does he have to go back down there and pick it up? I understand it's not given that day.

u get a police record if u live in a country for 6 mths or more. i had to get 2 police record one from jam and the other from cayman because i lived there for over a year. you will have to request the police record directly from that country but you can get the fingerprints taken care of at the police station in kgn that handles police records.

Thanks!!

Yeah, finished it on time but of course at the very last minute. Now I can relax for a minute! As for the rest I'm pretty good....happy we're starting to see spring.

Well June isn't too far away now. Where are all of you going to stay? Are they excited to meet the SO?

We are going to stay at Hidden Paradise....I'm a serious creature of habit and that is home base for me! I'm not sure there will be a "meeting" since it's up in the air right now! I'm just going because I'm excited to share it with my kids!

Who are you meeting with? And what is up in th air? Did I miss something important? Forgive my ignorance if this was discussed before.

yes claire mi fass like u . i ask the same question just waitin for the answer when she returns

Timeline

My guy recently paid 150 us for 5 vaccines at mobayhope, plus a tip 'to make it good'...whatever the going bribery charge is. The police records cost $100 us. I never believe in the set fee...it is all subject to change ..and who's asking.

If anyone needs a great place to stay close to Mobay airport...my friend in Coral Garden has a villa up on the hill, awesome views, safe...3 gen of women, cooking up the best homestyle , very reasonable rates for both rooms in the main house and a single studio apt/kitchenette. These people are GREAT and can take great care of both short or longer visits. Hit me up for details if you like.

ya know this economy is hitting Jamaica real hard, and i get lots of requests to help out. i'm almost about to change my number ...but waiting to get this interview passage to go thru, then many changes ahead. But how do you deal with the money requests...or bring this/that for everyone...and those you haven't met yet!!!

Oh, i'm dying for some spooning........ (L)

Culture1st[/font]

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
EXACTLY.. we can't take care of everything and then when he get here EXPECT for him to START taking on some of the responsibility we had harbored all throughout the romance.. that expectation has to be established from the start.. when i first met RG i used to intentionally not take my wallet (heck i did that w/ guys here, cuz don't know if ya'll noticed alot of men are becoming SORRY!!!!!!! another subject) so if he couldnt pay for it then WE don't need it..

so anyway, now that i know he is an upstanding guy and is not out to spend up all my money, i don't mind sharing in expenses, we are working together for a set goal.

God forbid me get wid a man that only identifies w/ his own struggle.. i knew this dude that was quick to tell me when he didn't have no gas money, but when i started trying to talk about my finanical woes, he came back w/ but quana u have a good job and u don't know how it is not to eat but once a day not cuz u choose to but cuz u have to :blink::angry: .. i knew right then and there, he was not the one for me!!!

LOL, Quana you and I are a lot alike - I do that with DJ too - We hold each other down - there are times when he hasn't had money bc of the accident & stuff - and I don't mind picking up the ball then - but when he does have $, I never bring my wallet when we go out - In Jan. when we were in Mo Bay, we went for a late dinner, then we were going to MVille - after dinner, he went to the bathroom - I sat there, the waitress brought the check, he came back and asked if we were set - I said no - pay the bill - He was shocked that I hadn't paid it - I told him I didn't bring money with me - He paid, we left the restaurant - flew past MVille and he pulled into the hotel - I was confused - He had put enough money in his pocket for us to go out, and had to go back and get more money, lol

i'm so upset i havent even started my k-1 yet..i just send my SO the forms to fill out and send back to me ...i already have everything else i need for the package..so hopefully i will have it sent out by next month.. :thumbs:

same thing i told ells nikki girl.. don't think u are going too slow.. Gods timing is divine.. of course that don't mean drag our feet, but don't be discouraged if things don't happen as fast as others..

i haven't filed yet, not quite ready, but i get to thinking MAN, by the time i do file, i could have went through the process 2 times or more.. or he could have been here and working by now..

these thoughts will make us go crazy... enjoy where u are now, now matter how frustrating LOL

good advice.. rg and i too have tried to discipline ourselves when it comes to talk time..

alright ladies, im leaving early today, just cuz i can LOL.. had some scheduled leave, then i will be mad when i don't have enough leave and I REALLY need to do something OH WELL carpe diem lol bout to go enjoy the day..

Enjoy your night, Quana!

Quana you are on the money today - Heaven, everything happens in its time - I know how frustrating it is - But when I look back now, I am grateful for the delays that DJ and I have had - because we truly have been through a lot together, spent a lot of time together, and that time has only made us stronger in us - it was worth it in the end. Of course now, if the BLOODCLAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT IDIOT doesn't get his decree this week, I might be in jail in JA for murder instead of my wedding, lol

Jengles, sorry you are having a bad day!

Ryon - hope your dad is feeling better, I know how hard that is.

SUS: LMAO ! your too crazy girl ..its very frustrating but i'm, learning to deal with it..and i know that everything will hapeen and fall in place when the time is right..but i'm glad i joined vj before starting this process becuz i know that i have people here who can help and answer any questions i may have .. : )

LADIES all this spooning and sex talk is making me go crazy..lol

Vermont Service Center:

** 5/8/2009 - I29F Sent to VSC

** 5/12/2009- I29F Received @ VSC

** 5/13/2009- NOA1 Mailed

** 5/14/2009- Check Cashed

** 5/21/2009- NOA1 Received by Mail

** 9/11/2009- NOA2 via Email * Approved*

** 9/15/2009 - NVC Recieved/ KNG Case # assigned

** 9/18/2009 - Case left NVC for Kingston

** 9/18/2009- Kingston Recieved Case

** 9/19/2009- NOA2 Received by Mail

** 9/25/2009- Packet 3 Sent via Jamaica mail

** 10/2/2009- Packet 3-4 Recieved via Email

** 10/2/2009- Interview Day Assigned * OCTOBER 27TH 2009 *[APPROVED]*

**10/13/2009- Medical Completed

**10/27/2009- Interview[ blue slipped for not having medical]

**11/16/2009- Medical Picked up in KNG

**11/24/2009- Appt at Embassy [ turn in medical]

**12/1/2009- Visa in Hand

**12/2/2009 POE : Ft. Lauderdale !!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Ladies How much did you pay for your SO's to get vaccines?? They are charging over 200.00US

From what research I've done, that's about the same price I'm getting too. If I found out anything different, I'll post in the 'post-NOA2' thread.

I'm confused about the police certificate. I thought you had to get it from the places you lived since 16, but after reading more it looks like you get it in Kingston (even if you never lived there). So does my SO just need to get it in Kingston for all the places he lived? Also, will they mail it to him or does he have to go back down there and pick it up? I understand it's not given that day.

I think he can have it mailed but with the mail system being kinda unreliable, many prefer to pick it up.

Good night ladies,

The jamaican resturants on howard street in evanston don't cook good. When I was pregnant last year and I just felt for some curry goat and I drove down there i had to throw the food away because all that was in there was oil and it didn't taste good. You would do better to cook it yourself

Thanks

There's a list on the medical exam that you can find on the Kingston Embassy web site I believe. You may be able to search VJ caribbean section to find a thread on it and I know it's been posted other places. Oh yeah, it's under the Jamaican embassy info so check there.

Okay, goodnight all!

Timeline
My guy recently paid 150 us for 5 vaccines at mobayhope, plus a tip 'to make it good'...whatever the going bribery charge is. The police records cost $100 us. I never believe in the set fee...it is all subject to change ..and who's asking.

If anyone needs a great place to stay close to Mobay airport...my friend in Coral Garden has a villa up on the hill, awesome views, safe...3 gen of women, cooking up the best homestyle , very reasonable rates for both rooms in the main house and a single studio apt/kitchenette. These people are GREAT and can take great care of both short or longer visits. Hit me up for details if you like.

ya know this economy is hitting Jamaica real hard, and i get lots of requests to help out. i'm almost about to change my number ...but waiting to get this interview passage to go thru, then many changes ahead. But how do you deal with the money requests...or bring this/that for everyone...and those you haven't met yet!!!

You get really good at saying in your best patois, "Me nah have ie!" :thumbs::whistle:

Timeline
We are going to stay at Hidden Paradise....I'm a serious creature of habit and that is home base for me! I'm not sure there will be a "meeting" since it's up in the air right now! I'm just going because I'm excited to share it with my kids!

I'm that way too. If I were going to stay in a hotel it would probably be the Bar B Barn cause it's what I know. Sorry to hear about the uncertainty of your situation. I hope everything works out the best for you though. You mean the kids haven't been to JA before? I remember seeing your pic on that 'other' board & it even looked like one of the waterfalls there.

Nope they haven't been. That was Multnomah Falls in Oregon, near Portland! Beautiful there too! This will be their first trip out of the states! The "situation" is what it is and I'm better with it since its been some time now! I believe everything happens for a reason even if we don't know why! And that time tells everything........so we will see! Maybe he will step it up and maybe he won't! I'm not counting on anything anymore! But don't get me wrong, we still talk and he knows we are coming.

I'm just dying to be in Jamaica.....I LOVVVVVE that place regardless!

Hey....you were in my backyard!! Come here often???

Visa Journey

Service Center :

Consulate : Jamaica

03-13-2009 : Married

10-16-2009: I-130 Sent to Chicago

10-18-2009: I-130 Delivered

10-23-2009: Cashed check

10-23-2009: NOA1

10-27-2009: Touched

02-08-2010: NOA2!! APPROVED!! email/text received

02-13-2010: NOA2 hard copy received

NVC JOURNEY

02-12-2010: NVC Case # assigned

02-15-2010: email address given to NVC operator

02-22-2010: AOS/DS3032 email received by NVC

02-22-2010: AOS $70 bill paid

02-22-2010: DS3032 Hardcopy Fedx

02-23-2010: DS3032 received signed for by K.STLAURENT

03-04-2010: DS3032 accepted and system updated

03-04-2010: paid IV bill

took a long time to send in ppwk due to husband's birth certificate delay :(

got birth certificate FINALLY!!!

didn't keep good records...sent in the ppwk and got a RFE for copy of passport

06-24-2010: NVC received the form I forgot to send ...oops

08-02-2010: still waiting on a case complete.....ughhhhh

08-10-2010: 2nd RFE for an updated police record-although the one we have was dated 4 months ago......ughhhhhhh

09-01-2010: NVC received checklist letter with a new police report..

09-23-2010: case complete FINALLY

11-12-2010: Interview-blue slip, need of a co-sponsor & petitioner at interview

12-07-2010: Petitioner interview w/co-sponsor paperwork

Timeline

ya know this economy is hitting Jamaica real hard, and i get lots of requests to help out. i'm almost about to change my number ...but waiting to get this interview passage to go thru, then many changes ahead. But how do you deal with the money requests...or bring this/that for everyone...and those you haven't met yet!!! Oh, i'm dying for some spooning........ (L)

Hi Culture--you've come to a point where many of us have come to at some point in our relationships w/ our SO. The best thing I can offer you is to nip it in the bud RIGHT NOW! You can do it politely, but let folks know that the economy here is nah easy a farrin! With everything that is going on w/ this immigration it is simply not possible to help everybody. I explained this to them (namely my MIL), and I also made my husband put his foot down and let them know I wasn't the bank :no: Had no more problems after that! I just think it's a matter of setting limits. And my husband's family also knows that if I "want" and am able to assist them, I will do so for his mom & my 2 nephews. No one else. Oh wait==my hubby! :lol:

Good morning Sus!

4ABAm4.png

Removing Conditions:

10/27/11: Petition mailed to VSC

10/28/11: Package received and signed for by Renaud

10/31/11: NOA1

Timeline
Morning all!

Good morning!

I've started this new trend of not setting an alarm clock if I have no early meetings... and just waking up when I wake up & going to work whenever. It's very nice! Much better than that cursed alarm forcing my body out of sleep, then rushing in to work. Now I just end up staying until 6 instead of 5... but from 5 to 6 no one else is there so I can turn the dancehall up really loudly & party in my office!

This rambling was one more thing I'm doing to stall going to work. ::sigh:: Guess I'd better get up.

November 19, 2007 - Met

November 25, 2008 - Engaged

November 25, 2009 - Married

November 24, 2011 - Baby due!

Daily earning Amazon gift cards by searching the web with SwagBucks!

Timeline

Do what I do, I start saying how things are difficult and its hard having to take care of everything. If I dont pay my bills mi afi guh live a road. Or when they say I am here looking at you the better one, so wah u can do fi mi. My response is me mash up more than you so tell me how me a di betta one. At least yuh nah pay rent r nuh bills. So now when I go to jamaica no one beg anything. If they get something they are happy and if don't, then they are not surprised. I am not mining no grown a**. I work toooooooooooooo hard for my money

From what research I've done, that's about the same price I'm getting too. If I found out anything different, I'll post in the 'post-NOA2' thread.

I think he can have it mailed but with the mail system being kinda unreliable, many prefer to pick it up.

Good night ladies,

Thanks

There's a list on the medical exam that you can find on the Kingston Embassy web site I believe. You may be able to search VJ caribbean section to find a thread on it and I know it's been posted other places. Oh yeah, it's under the Jamaican embassy info so check there.

Okay, goodnight all!

Thanks for the info.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.