SupportOAFJF

Yardies at home and Farrin (part13)

5,386 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Oh wow! The kids are gonna have a blast then! I bet your parents will have a great time too.

Wishing you the best....you know how to reach me if you ever need to chat!

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Oh wow! The kids are gonna have a blast then! I bet your parents will have a great time too.

Wishing you the best....you know how to reach me if you ever need to chat!

Thanks.....I appreciate that. I just mite cuz I would like to get another person's feedback, if that's ok with you?

event.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Good evening ladies, I am so excited I booked a place for my wedding ceremony today, its a chapel and its so cute and private just like I wanted. I just pray that my SO will be here for it on June 5th, if not I lose my deposit :wacko:

"Patience with others is Love, Patience with self is Hope, Patience with God is Faith."--

Adel Bestavros

Timeline

Finally, this month, I topped up his phone & he did the 1000 international minutes which has been great. Then you guys clued me in to buying the 2nd phone chip so we could do it again that way. So, I've been asking him for the last couple weeks to buy a phone chip when he gets paid and I'll top that one up and it'll save me a ton of money compared to past phone bills. He knows my salary is reduced with this state budget issue and being a state worker. Well, he just got paid last Friday but didn't work a full two weeks because they're rotating at his job and he only got $3500 JA. I KNOW that's not a lot of money but I still want him to get a phone chip. He's guilting me now (not intentionally really) by saying he needs his money to buy food and gas and can't buy a chip. I understand that those are necessities, I really do. BUT, I think to myself how many times I've inconvenienced myself and my budget for him and how much I've shelled out towards phone bills and I can't believe he can't even make this simple, one-time sacrifice to benefit both of us and especially cut my phone bill down by $160 a month. I'm kinda pissed and now I'm telling him to stop calling me 5X a day because we have 11 days to get through and only about 120 minutes left on the plan. I want him to save those minutes so I can keep in contact with him on the 31st when he drops off his DS-230 in Kingston. Last night, I didn't feel like discussing this because I needed to figure out if I'm being unreasonable or not so I just cut the convo very short since I didn't have much to say to him last night.

Should I be more understanding that he doesn't have much money or am I justified in thinking that he can contribute a little towards the 'costs' of this relationship? :unsure::unsure:

I feel your story 100%. First, I must echo the thanks to whoever shared with us the digicel chip idea. Steven just bought a 3rd chip today, since we went through 2 already in the past 2 weeks. Whenever he'd run out of minutes to talk to me, he'd want me to call him and talk for hours on end. I'm like.. We simply CANNOT talk for the same amount of time at 20 cents/minute as we can at 1.5 cents/minute! His feelings get hurt when I rush off the phone if I'm the one that called him.. but if we can't talk cheaply, then we need to talk less.

i'm so upset i havent even started my k-1 yet..i just send my SO the forms to fill out and send back to me ...i already have everything else i need for the package..so hopefully i will have it sent out by next month.. :thumbs:

same thing i told ells nikki girl.. don't think u are going too slow.. Gods timing is divine.. of course that don't mean drag our feet, but don't be discouraged if things don't happen as fast as others..

i haven't filed yet, not quite ready, but i get to thinking MAN, by the time i do file, i could have went through the process 2 times or more.. or he could have been here and working by now..

these thoughts will make us go crazy... enjoy where u are now, now matter how frustrating LOL

Quana, how'd you find this site? You're at such an advantage to have all this info BEFORE filing. If I were repeating this process, I'd be able to do so much more efficiently with all the info I've learned from visajourney.

Yeah, finished it on time but of course at the very last minute. Now I can relax for a minute! As for the rest I'm pretty good....happy we're starting to see spring.

Well June isn't too far away now. Where are all of you going to stay? Are they excited to meet the SO?

We are going to stay at Hidden Paradise....I'm a serious creature of habit and that is home base for me! I'm not sure there will be a "meeting" since it's up in the air right now! I'm just going because I'm excited to share it with my kids!

I stayed at Hidden Paradise before. I liked the included breakfast, even if it took 30 minutes to make a veggie omelet (??). After staying there, I stayed at Fun Holiday (a couple of blocks north) and liked it better because it's on the beach and has internet.

November 19, 2007 - Met

November 25, 2008 - Engaged

November 25, 2009 - Married

November 24, 2011 - Baby due!

Daily earning Amazon gift cards by searching the web with SwagBucks!

Timeline
hey ladies. mylady update me on what's going on with you. yes mi fass

Hey Jakes how you feeling?

"Patience with others is Love, Patience with self is Hope, Patience with God is Faith."--

Adel Bestavros

Timeline

hey you . i am fine no vomiting crossing my fingers. i get really tired though.eating more.damn it!!! i have craving for cornmeal porridge jamaican style

Edited by jakeswife

Timeline

hey you . i am fine no vomiting crossing my fingers. i get really tired though.eating more.damn it!!! i have craving for cornmeal porridge jamaican style

Lol, thats easy to make how close is the grocery store?

Adel Bestavros

Timeline

well i can't make it how my grandmother made it and i fell in love with the one at island grill in jam. i wanted the coarse cornmeal. i have to now settle for the one here. i hate that i can't find a jam restaurant close by me.

Timeline

Finally, this month, I topped up his phone & he did the 1000 international minutes which has been great. Then you guys clued me in to buying the 2nd phone chip so we could do it again that way. So, I've been asking him for the last couple weeks to buy a phone chip when he gets paid and I'll top that one up and it'll save me a ton of money compared to past phone bills. He knows my salary is reduced with this state budget issue and being a state worker. Well, he just got paid last Friday but didn't work a full two weeks because they're rotating at his job and he only got $3500 JA. I KNOW that's not a lot of money but I still want him to get a phone chip. He's guilting me now (not intentionally really) by saying he needs his money to buy food and gas and can't buy a chip. I understand that those are necessities, I really do. BUT, I think to myself how many times I've inconvenienced myself and my budget for him and how much I've shelled out towards phone bills and I can't believe he can't even make this simple, one-time sacrifice to benefit both of us and especially cut my phone bill down by $160 a month. I'm kinda pissed and now I'm telling him to stop calling me 5X a day because we have 11 days to get through and only about 120 minutes left on the plan. I want him to save those minutes so I can keep in contact with him on the 31st when he drops off his DS-230 in Kingston. Last night, I didn't feel like discussing this because I needed to figure out if I'm being unreasonable or not so I just cut the convo very short since I didn't have much to say to him last night.

Should I be more understanding that he doesn't have much money or am I justified in thinking that he can contribute a little towards the 'costs' of this relationship? :unsure::unsure:

I feel your story 100%. First, I must echo the thanks to whoever shared with us the digicel chip idea. Steven just bought a 3rd chip today, since we went through 2 already in the past 2 weeks. Whenever he'd run out of minutes to talk to me, he'd want me to call him and talk for hours on end. I'm like.. We simply CANNOT talk for the same amount of time at 20 cents/minute as we can at 1.5 cents/minute! His feelings get hurt when I rush off the phone if I'm the one that called him.. but if we can't talk cheaply, then we need to talk less.

OKAY?! That's exactly what I'm going through too!

I feel like if everyone else's SOs can go through the trouble of getting additional chips, what is up with mine??

Timeline

well i can't make it how my grandmother made it and i fell in love with the one at island grill in jam. i wanted the coarse cornmeal. i have to now settle for the one here. i hate that i can't find a jam restaurant close by me.

I feel you on that one grandma sure do know how to make cornmeal porridge, you making me wanna make some now. How is your hubby doing? Is he treating you like a princess?

Adel Bestavros

Timeline

OKAY?! That's exactly what I'm going through too!

I feel like if everyone else's SOs can go through the trouble of getting additional chips, what is up with mine??

I used to feel like this in the beginning after my SO closed his business, I felt like he was always broke and it used to hurt me to hear him say it, but I swore I wasnt gonna send him no $. :no: I was really cold about it. What changed my mind is when he sold his car and got about 3000.00US for it and he was like "here take this money and put it in your account I am just gonna keep 500.00". I was in love all over again and it felt good to know that he really has my back and this is a partnership. Now we have a joint account and he doesnt have to ask if he is gonna use it but he does anyway.

Adel Bestavros

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.