SupportOAFJF

Yardies at home and Farrin (part13)

5,386 posts in this topic

Hey Ellis, did you just call the NVC and speak to somone or was it just the automated system that told you when they received you case?

Lovesponge, I was unable to get the automated system to do anything....even when I tried to make that choice, it still put me on hold to speak with a rep. So, I waited for the rep and asked them when they received, when they sent and our case #.

Sus - CONGRATS!!! And welcome back! We missed you. I am looking forward to a blow by blow (no pun intended) of the whole trip.

Jakeswife - CONGRATULATIONS! Please remember to pamper yourself and take it easy.

TIPS for those going through the process. This is what worked for me.

EMBASSY CONTACT INFORMATION THAT WORKED FOR ME.

"Consularkingst" <consularkingst@state.gov> - This elicited a quick response everytime

"Kingston, IVinfo" <kingstonivinfo@state.gov>,

Phone: 876-702-6000 - Hit or miss. Just ask for the visa department.

Fax: 876-702-6001

Also for those who need another way to get money to their SO in Jamaica. I purchased a Greendot prepaid card in their name and was able to transfer funds directly from my bank account to them or add funds at Walgreens, Kmart, etc. They are able to take money out at any ATM in JA.

Hi Everyone! Have a great rest of the day!

Thanks for the helpful info Shaun's! I might have to try the 'consular' e-mail address to get a response. I've been using the IV addy and still am a little confused as to which one I should use. I know a K-1 is a NIV but more or less treated like an IV due to the nature of it. That's why I've been writing to kingstonivinfo. Hmmm....will have to write the other tomorrow to see if I can get a response.

Oh yea, Ellis. I would've suggested that to you but I just assumed you were using the Consular address. I tried the Kingston and Consular at the same time and the Kingston never replied but the Consular was the quick one. I don't know why they have that one posted if their not going to respond to people.

Honesty is the best policy but never use honesty as an excuse to be hurtful.

1vOEm7.png

NbWqm7.png

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Oh yea, Ellis. I would've suggested that to you but I just assumed you were using the Consular address. I tried the Kingston and Consular at the same time and the Kingston never replied but the Consular was the quick one. I don't know why they have that one posted if their not going to respond to people.

It's 6 of 1 and half dozen of another - the Kingstoniv one is the only one I use - and get responses from.

What Doesn't Kill You Makes You Stronger....

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Here is a gift I gave my pregnant friends over the years. Oil for your belly. They all love it....made by Carol's Daughter in Sephora or selected Macys.

Sexy Belly

8 oz.

Improve your skin's elasticity on those sexy body parts; belly, breast and hips with SEXY BELLY. This vitamin-rich treatment is loaded with shea butter, cocoa butter and jojoba oil; to help with cell regeneration, capillary circulation and reduce the appearance of stretch marks, while conditioning the skin. Great for "Mommies-to-Be" and sensitive skin!

Benefits:

Great for all skin types, especially "Mommies-to-Be".

Helps reduce the appearance of stretch marks, increase cell regeneration and improve capillary circulation.

Paraben, mineral oil, petroleum, and artificial color FREE.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Here is a gift I gave my pregnant friends over the years. Oil for your belly. They all love it....made by Carol's Daughter in Sephora or selected Macys.

Sexy Belly

8 oz.

Improve your skin's elasticity on those sexy body parts; belly, breast and hips with SEXY BELLY. This vitamin-rich treatment is loaded with shea butter, cocoa butter and jojoba oil; to help with cell regeneration, capillary circulation and reduce the appearance of stretch marks, while conditioning the skin. Great for "Mommies-to-Be" and sensitive skin!

Benefits:

Helps reduce the appearance of stretch marks, increase cell regeneration and improve capillary circulation.

i will be trying palmer's cocoa butter for stretch marks. i just hope it works

Edited by jakeswife

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Sexy Belly

8 oz.

Benefits:

i will be trying palmer's cocoa butter for stretch marks. i just hope it works

I'm sure it does. Heard good things about Palmer's other products.

Timeline
sus is that the manager

Picture656.jpg

It's a little blurry and hard to tell, Ryon - but that looks like the first manager I spoke with who was useless - the one that was nice and helpful was the operations manager, his name is Ricardo something - I have his card somewhere in my stuff.

Fire de a Mus Mus tail, him tink a cool breeze

Timeline

i have a question. my friend told me that she refuse to give her daughter foods she doesn't want to eat even if it's healthy. i went on to ask her that if she made dinner and the child refuses to eat it and instead requesting french fries if she would take the food away and give her french fries. she said yes cause the child should get whatever she wants until she is 4 or so years of age. i was stunned. she said she is ok giving her daughter any kind of food cause her daughter needs fat in her body. please some one talk me down i am so upset. by the way the child is my god daughter.

where is everbody?

Filed: Timeline

jakeswife i can really understand how you feel, my godson mother is just like your friends all she give him is nuggets and i mean everyday, he is 5 she state thats all he like.... :angry:

MY HAPPINESS IS SOLELY UP TO ME AND

LIFE IS ALL ABOUT CHOICES, U DONT HAVE TO REMAIN IN UR CURRENT SITUATION IF U DON'T CHOSE TO BE!!!!!!!!!

***SOMETIMES YOU HAVE TO FORGET HOW YOU FEEL AND REMEMBER WHAT YOU DESERVE***

Timeline

Jakes, to some degree I don't have an issue with that - I don't believe in forcing kids to eat what they don't like - but I would not go out of my way to cook a new meal for them- dinner is dinner, and that's it - But I fight this with my sister over my nephews - for example, she'll insist they eat berries when they don't like them, but they would happily eat an apple or banana - I would rather they eat the other fruit then have a fight. Ketchup is another - she refuses to let them use it on certain stuff, my opinion is who cares if it's chicken - if they'll eat it with ketchup but not plain, let them eat it!

Fire de a Mus Mus tail, him tink a cool breeze

Timeline
jakeswife i can really understand how you feel, my godson mother is just like your friends all she give him is nuggets and i mean everyday, he is 5 she state thats all he like.... :angry:

nells i was out of breath because of how mad i was with all the bullcrap she was saying to justify her stupid actions. she is telling me that she read that kids should not be forced to eat anything instead thay should tell u what they want . saying the child is developing taste . i mean a parent is the first person to introduced food to a child and she is leaving it up to the 2 year old to determine what she eats. she told me a false story that one time she forced her daughter to eat healthy but she threw up so she is giving the child what she wants whatever that is. i know she always twist things to prove a point so she is definately lying to me as usual

Jakes, to some degree I don't have an issue with that - I don't believe in forcing kids to eat what they don't like - but I would not go out of my way to cook a new meal for them- dinner is dinner, and that's it - But I fight this with my sister over my nephews - for example, she'll insist they eat berries when they don't like them, but they would happily eat an apple or banana - I would rather they eat the other fruit then have a fight. Ketchup is another - she refuses to let them use it on certain stuff, my opinion is who cares if it's chicken - if they'll eat it with ketchup but not plain, let them eat it!

well that's different, that's just substituting one healthy food for another but she is saying fried food is ok and a little trans fat is necessary cause the child need fat in her diet.

Timeline

i am sorry it's one thing to compromise with a child to try something new and if they don't like it introduce them to something else but i refuse to let my child dictates to me what she wants whenever she wants because she can. the lesson here would be unless it makes u sick or you are allergic once it's good for u and it's for dinner that's what u will have

Edited by jakeswife

Jakeswife how about my godson school said he have ADHD, I begged his mom to not put him on medication, how about she put him on it and never told me his dad did i been pissed with her ever since I found out....

LIFE IS ALL ABOUT CHOICES, U DONT HAVE TO REMAIN IN UR CURRENT SITUATION IF U DON'T CHOSE TO BE!!!!!!!!!

i am sorry it's one thing to compromise with a child to try something new and if they don't like it introduce them to something else but i refuse to let my child dictates to me what she wants whenever she wants because she can. the lesson here would be unless it makes u sick or you are allergic once it's good for u and it's for dinner that's what u will have

I agree with you Jakeswife

Timeline
Jakeswife how about my godson school said he have ADHD, I begged his mom to not put him on medication, how about she put him on it and never told me his dad did i been pissed with her ever since I found out....

does he need med sfor that condition? my problem with my friend is that she spoil the child shi**tless. i was there and had something that i owned and the child wanted it. she expected me to give it to her just because she wanted it. well i refused and i was disgusted that she expected me to crumble because her daughter was acting out. the baby is just out of control and she said she is going to wait until she is 4 to do anything about the child's bad behaviour. chatting sh**it about she read in books.

Timeline
Happy Sunday, everyone!

Steven has REALLY been missing me lately. He asked Friday night if I could catch a plane to see him for the weekend. I was like.... If I fly to Mo Bay on Saturday morning, I wouldn't get there until the afternoon... and I'd have to catch a flight back Sunday morning. Not worth the time or money for less than 24 hours.

He knows I have a surprise trip coming up, but doesn't know when (March 26). It was his idea for the trip to be a surprise in the first place, but now he's trying to get me to tell him when I'm coming. But I'm not spoiling the surprise this close to it! :no: I just tell him "One day you'll feel a tap on your shoulder."

ShellyBelly, when did they say the Visa would be ready?

My husband said that the clerk at the window said 2-3 weeks but I just tracked the package wit DHL and it says "awaiting pickup by recipient as requested". Can it really be? :yes: I'm so excited but that was real fast so my husband gonna call from down there and find out 2morrow

.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.