SupportOAFJF

Yardies at home and Farrin (part13)

5,386 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Ya'll chat faster than I can catch up :blink:

Congrats MrsBuggy!!! Congrats Marie!!!

I have had a rough few days :(

I lost my best friend of 15 years on Sunday, she just stopped breathing in her sleep...

I am thankful she is at peace now, but so sad at the same time...

She was so happy for me and finding a man I truly want to marry... I was her maid of honor 8 years ago and sure was hoping she would re-pay the favor :(

Thankfully his love keeps me sane, and he has been so attentive the past few days...

Bitter sweet...

Hope all is well for everyone else....

(((hugs))))

So sorry to hear about your loss Japrincess.

What Doesn't Kill You Makes You Stronger....

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi LaDIES! I have a travel question....can a Jamaican travel freely (caribbean, Europe, etc)with a green card? Will he be afforded the same "status" as an American traveler? Or ............if he had needed a Visa to go somewhere before he had his green card, does he still need a visa now?? We are looking to take a Spring trip, and I can't figure out if our options will be limited because of his JA passport.

On a similar note, I came across this Web Question (and subsequent answer), and it doesn't seem accurate to me. Can Jamaicans visit Great Britain and Ireland without a Visa?? Or any of those other countries? I don't think so!!

With a green card he is not a US citizen, he will have to obtain a visa, because he will be using his Jamaican passport. The green card only grants him rights to re-entry the USA without a visa.

For the second part of your question about what countries can a Jamaican visit, visit the Jamaican embassy website, they would have the most up todate information.

Hi LaDIES! I have a travel question....can a Jamaican travel freely (caribbean, Europe, etc)with a green card? Will he be afforded the same "status" as an American traveler? Or ............if he had needed a Visa to go somewhere before he had his green card, does he still need a visa now?? We are looking to take a Spring trip, and I can't figure out if our options will be limited because of his JA passport.

On a similar note, I came across this Web Question (and subsequent answer), and it doesn't seem accurate to me. Can Jamaicans visit Great Britain and Ireland without a Visa?? Or any of those other countries? I don't think so!!

With a green card he is not a US citizen, he will have to obtain a visa, because he will be using his Jamaican passport. The green card only grants him rights to re-entry the USA without a visa.

I seem to remember that Jomo's Girl gave me the opposite answer once. We went in and out of Canada with no visa. Without his Green Card, he would not have gotten in. Hmmmmmmm.

So, why don't you research the country you are trying to enter and see what their requirements are. A green card only gives you re-enter rights into the USA. All countries don't require visas, so you should research the country entery policies.

Edited by RoxcieJoe

Timeline

It depends on a country by country basis - My friend is Scottish, her husband is Ecuadorian - they had to get a visa for him to go to Scotland with her. Canada and Mexico seem to be okay with the Green card for travel -

Fire de a Mus Mus tail, him tink a cool breeze

Thanks!! Well this is disappointing. For anyone else who's interested, here's a website where you can plug in the country you wish to visit, your country of Citizenship and your country of residence, and it tells you whether or not a visa is required!

http://www.visahq.com/visas.php

Edited by nycgirl

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hey yaardies ( wait a minute, where is everyone?)

anyway, i guess i have slipped and bumped my head yet again, cause im going to JA next weekend...WHOOO HOOO

roxcie, inspired me with her valentines weekend getaway..... i was missing my guy, so i figured what the hell!!!!

Guess its time to break out the pedi equipment...LOL

Timeline
Hey yaardies ( wait a minute, where is everyone?)

anyway, i guess i have slipped and bumped my head yet again, cause im going to JA next weekend...WHOOO HOOO

roxcie, inspired me with her valentines weekend getaway..... i was missing my guy, so i figured what the hell!!!!

Guess its time to break out the pedi equipment...LOL

Girl u are craaaaaazzzyyyy....u couldn't just wait another week and a half and you could have joined Sus and Myself as we will both be there in March!!!

Visa Journey

Service Center :

Consulate : Jamaica

03-13-2009 : Married

10-16-2009: I-130 Sent to Chicago

10-18-2009: I-130 Delivered

10-23-2009: Cashed check

10-23-2009: NOA1

10-27-2009: Touched

02-08-2010: NOA2!! APPROVED!! email/text received

02-13-2010: NOA2 hard copy received

NVC JOURNEY

02-12-2010: NVC Case # assigned

02-15-2010: email address given to NVC operator

02-22-2010: AOS/DS3032 email received by NVC

02-22-2010: AOS $70 bill paid

02-22-2010: DS3032 Hardcopy Fedx

02-23-2010: DS3032 received signed for by K.STLAURENT

03-04-2010: DS3032 accepted and system updated

03-04-2010: paid IV bill

took a long time to send in ppwk due to husband's birth certificate delay :(

got birth certificate FINALLY!!!

didn't keep good records...sent in the ppwk and got a RFE for copy of passport

06-24-2010: NVC received the form I forgot to send ...oops

08-02-2010: still waiting on a case complete.....ughhhhh

08-10-2010: 2nd RFE for an updated police record-although the one we have was dated 4 months ago......ughhhhhhh

09-01-2010: NVC received checklist letter with a new police report..

09-23-2010: case complete FINALLY

11-12-2010: Interview-blue slip, need of a co-sponsor & petitioner at interview

12-07-2010: Petitioner interview w/co-sponsor paperwork

Timeline

Good Morning..

JaPrincess.... Sorry to hear of your lost (F)(L)

Honey.. I am not mad at yuh girl ;) I wish I was heading to JA myself :)

Edited by Sonshyne

USCIS

06-28-2011-Mailed I-130

07-03-2011-NOA1

12-08-2011-NOA2

NVC

12-19-2012-NVC Received Case

01-06-2012-Case Number

01-25-2012-Case Completed

02-21-2012-Medical

03-06-2012-Interview--APPROVED

03-13-2012-VISA RECEIVED

03-16-2012-POE ATL

ROC

02/24/2014-Mailed I-751

02/26/2014-Package Received

02/28/2014-NOA1 Hard Copy

02/28/2014-Check Cashed

03/25/2014-Biometrics Appt

06/04/2014-RFE Sent more info back on 07/29/2014

09/04/2014 ROC Approved

Timeline

Good luck today, Shrewdie!!!!!!

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Timeline

Hey ladies

wha gwaan !!! i dont know what made me up and decide to run off to JA next weekend, hell im going in APril with my kids, but i guess i was just missing him ( SIGH)

hey JG

hopefully one day, all this jet setting will end...LOL

jamerican i didnt know you and sus were going in March?

i decided it was gonna be a treat for my birthday to myself

Timeline

I seem to remember that Jomo's Girl gave me the opposite answer once. We went in and out of Canada with no visa. Without his Green Card, he would not have gotten in. Hmmmmmmm.

You can visit Canada, Mexico and some nearby islands, but visiting other places without a visa will depend on your citizenship and not the green card

Where you going NYC?

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Timeline
jamerican i didnt know you and sus were going in March?

i decided it was gonna be a treat for my birthday to myself

Yup - We'll both be down there in Ochi - I get there March 7th - I think Jamerican arrives the 10th or the 11th!

Good luck today, Shrewdie!!! At long last, your day has come! :dance:

Fire de a Mus Mus tail, him tink a cool breeze

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.