mikeH

Fee Waiver for citizenship

2 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-2 Country: Pakistan
Timeline

My wife wants to apply for citizenship. right now we have no money because we lost our jobs. she will like to apply with fee waiver request.does any one has any experience? does it delay the process with fee waiver? your help will be appreciated. does any one has applied for fee waiver. please tell me your experiences you have. thanks

i-751 filed at CSC

NOA received dated March7, 2008

I have never applied for it but as per the N-400 application this is what was posted.

If you are unable to pay the naturalization application fee, you may apply in writing for a fee waiver. For information about the fee waiverprocess, telephone the NCSC at 1-800-375-5283

I assume that since you want to apply this way it will take time as they need to make sure that you really cannot afford it....But that's just me. Best of luck.

My Citizenship Timeline

Service Center : Nebraska

CIS Office : St Paul, MN

Date Filed : 2008-07-31

NOA Date : 2008-08-06

Bio.Rcvd Date : 2008-08-15

Bio. Appt. : 2008-08-28

Interview Date : 2008-12-08

Approved : YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Final Approval 2009-03-16!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!File is in line for Oath Schedule

Oath Letter Rcvd: 2009-04-03

Oath Ceremony : 2009-04-30

Total Time So Far: 9 months, 0 days ..WooHoo!!!!!!!! Can You Hear The Sarcasm =)

I AM NOW A US CITIZEN!!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.