paul.

Feb 12th medical

12 posts in this topic

Finally booked my medical, bentinck mansions at 2pm, hopefully I can get in with my GP for jabs beforehand. I'm a bit skint right now and 180 is already pushing the boat!

- OUR TIMELINE -

04/25/08 - sent I-130 to Chicago lockbox

05/05/08 - received NOA1, assigned to VSC

11/07/08 - transferred to CSC

12/16/08 - NOA2 by email - I-130 approved

12/20/08 - NOA2 in mail - 240 days

12/22/08 - NVC receive package

01/05/09 - we receive AOS Bill and DS-3032

02/12/09 - medical 04th Mar 2009 - NVC Complete - 314 days

04/28/09 - interview passed - 370 days

06/20/09 - visa arrived by courier

06/21/09 - POE Dallas Fort-Worth - 398 days to gain permanent residence (CR-1)

02/22/11 - Sent I-765 to Vermont Service Center

03/03/11 - Received receipt for I-765

04/04/11 - AOS interview and biometrics in Oklahoma City - took all of 20 minutes, no sweat

Currently waiting on my 10-year Green Card - Best wishes to everyone going through their journey!

£300 for mine, damn HPV vaccine.

My wife will need that one also.

Do they give it in 1 jab or 2 at the medical exam?

2008 Dec 01: Sent I-130

2008 Dec 04: Application returned (needed to supply proof of residence in UK)

2008 Dec 08: Sent amended I-130 with evidence

2008 Dec 10: Application filing date

2008 Dec 23: Received letter requesting interview about petition

2009 Jan 22: Appointment at US Embassy (verification of marriage bona fides)

2009 Jan 23: Approval of I-130

2009 Feb 13: Received Packet 3

2009 Feb 16: Returned Packet 3

2009 Feb 24: Medical exam at Knightsbridge Doctors

2009 Mar 05: Received Packet 4

2009 Mar 30: Visa interview - approved

2009 Mar 31: Visa received via SMS courier

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

My wife will need that one also.

Do they give it in 1 jab or 2 at the medical exam?

They give one. Then it will be up to her if she wants to get the next two in the series. She will only need the one for AOS. She doesn't have to have it at the medical however, she can wait to see if it's cheaper in the US. I just want to get mine over with and not have to faff around trying to find somewhere to get it done when I arrive in the US.

Timeline

WOW Laura! Can't you get that done at the GP?

My GP charges £140 for one shot whereas the medical charges £120. I can't get it done in my area on the NHS as according to them I am too old for the vaccine (I'm 24) and it would be inaffective and I quote a 'waste of their resources'.

Edited by Laura+Tom

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

My GP charges £140 for one shot whereas the medical charges £120. I can't get it done in my area on the NHS as according to them I am too old for the vaccine (I'm 24) and it would be inaffective and I quote a 'waste of their resources'.

OK, so am I being daft....

Why do you need it?

Timeline

Why do you need it?

The US require me to have it as I am under 26yrs old. I spoke to the NHS at length about this and they can't understand why I need it as it is designed for women who have yet to become sexually active. My GP vaccinates girls between 11 and 18, yet some only do 11,12,13. I suppose it's just one of those things. I'm not against having it done (if I could get it for free I wouldn't complain!), I just think it's annoying that I should pay so much for something that isn't really going to protect me against anything.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Why do you need it?

The US require me to have it as I am under 26yrs old. I spoke to the NHS at length about this and they can't understand why I need it as it is designed for women who have yet to become sexually active. My GP vaccinates girls between 11 and 18, yet some only do 11,12,13. I suppose it's just one of those things. I'm not against having it done (if I could get it for free I wouldn't complain!), I just think it's annoying that I should pay so much for something that isn't really going to protect me against anything.

Oh right I was just curious. So they will MAKE you have it at the medical? Blooming expensive I say. How about a family planning clinic, would they do it for you?

Just reading here. http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...16959&st=90

Edited by Marmite Lovers!

Timeline

No I don't think they will make me have it at the medical but I don't want to have to try and find somewhere in the US to get it done before I file for AOS.

Edited by Laura+Tom

This is one time I am happy to be an old bird!

I am a total nightmare with jabs, and Marmite can varify that she was with me for my mmr and tdap, but I bet she wishes she wasn't haha

Yeah, the Army lost my med records. Going in to camp tomorrow to see if they have them anywhere physically located, otherwise I'm going to need 3 from what I can tell an average 29 year old would need. Pisses me off cos the Army gave me every damn jab under the sun when I joined up, my arms and legs were blue for a month!

- OUR TIMELINE -

04/25/08 - sent I-130 to Chicago lockbox

05/05/08 - received NOA1, assigned to VSC

11/07/08 - transferred to CSC

12/16/08 - NOA2 by email - I-130 approved

12/20/08 - NOA2 in mail - 240 days

12/22/08 - NVC receive package

01/05/09 - we receive AOS Bill and DS-3032

02/12/09 - medical 04th Mar 2009 - NVC Complete - 314 days

04/28/09 - interview passed - 370 days

06/20/09 - visa arrived by courier

06/21/09 - POE Dallas Fort-Worth - 398 days to gain permanent residence (CR-1)

02/22/11 - Sent I-765 to Vermont Service Center

03/03/11 - Received receipt for I-765

04/04/11 - AOS interview and biometrics in Oklahoma City - took all of 20 minutes, no sweat

Currently waiting on my 10-year Green Card - Best wishes to everyone going through their journey!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.