3,045 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Thanks for reply but isnt dis difference thing need 6 months separation? But jus after few days separation he has filed divorce! Isnt any ground needed for dis kinda filing? I cant file m not in usa rite now also i cant afford it

zinab dont wory .you are in the right place to start your brain new petition .

first off all .

explain the situation good because one line or two we still not understand .

are you in the US ?

how long you been maried ?

do you have children ?

do you have any domistique violence befor with ur spouse .if so you should file new petition called i-360 self petition concurently with new I-485 AND I-765 WORK PERMIT to survive while your petition pending sometimes take 7 years or 3 month to be approved .that why i-485 and i-765 concurenthly is important to keep renew work permit until u resolve your case .now you are undocumented even you have documents from your spouse but since the i-360 filed from the dates filed you are in protected status what is that mean .they will put red flag on ur A# file that no one should report you or deport you or take any action with u ( anyofficer involve him self toward u will pay 5000 $ fine )until a decision is mad on ur process .then you will have peace of mind on this side ,

to file this i-360 and i-485 and i-765 together concurenthly about 1050 $ but the i-765 waived and i-360 also .

you should send with the i-360 self petition those important documents dont worry about divorce you should file i-360 now ,if you delayed to file you will have serious problems because uscis will start the removal proceding the next hour after your visa k3 or k1 expire that what hapened to those sweet hearts being deported or in proceeding because uscis not start removal proceding when the visa still valid .you should file this i-360 as soon as possible ,its easy if you flow the steps without errors .do not send any documents or papers or evidence until you check it 6 times .its very important because the adjiducator process ur case is an investigator and will not be on ur favor or feel sorry about you .the officer is against you to find eveidence to deport you ,his priority to look and find the errors and to deny your case .most time against you until you have strong evidences on ur case because he cannot take action against you because other administrative higher will reverse his action so quiq ,since the begining of this filing you should start stronger and always keep some gas for the long way because if you send all the documents you have u will be in trouble to finish .because even you send all the service will ask you for more because this process is invistigation and there job to take more information from you and know about your whole life.

you should file this i-360 with good statment from you discribing how you meet ur spouse and how happy in the begining but ur spouse change after file your documents and start abusing you all kind of abuse .phisically and emotionally and mentaly .the service will request more evidence you should write more detailed statments but look like the fist one and no descrepancy on it if u said ur spouse hit u upstars do not say in the other statments hit u downstairs .

remember everything occured on ur marital relationship and the control and the power that ur spouse made toward you for the purpose of deporting you and used you as a slave on here ,explain good the dramatique situation .looks like when someone read it will feel sorry .DO NOT LIE because the officer is very trained about this dynamique of domestique violence .

you should include with your i-360

eveidence of the abuse

police report or calls that u called the police 911 transcript or recorder from department of police on ur states .

medical report very important .or chilter

pictures of injuries should be dated in the back when that injuries occured .

pictures of danaged properties should be dated in the back .

tape recorder or video cam showing your spouse attacking you or pull your hair while he is mad and speaking badely .

letters and notes from your spouse treat you or insult your religion or your immigration status important .

letters from witness friends neibers know about the abuse and always the letters should be first how they meet you .u should send 6 letters even ur familly or emplyee or anyone if u send 20 .you are fine

more letters u send more to chance for your petition will be approved .

pcychological report .

evidences if ur spouse take your money aways .

evidences if you spouse jalous .

eveidences if ur spouse not allow you to talk to others biside him .

eveidences if ur spouse threat ur life or immigration status .

try to file good case .

the delay is not on your favor .file as soon as possible u can call 1800 for instruction how you can file your application .

good luck zinab and we are here like familly share what we have on heart and i wish that everyone on this visajourney get approved because we are all come to this country ligally and not cross the borders .

we have right to survive like everyone else and not to be under abusive situation ( POWER AND CONTROL )as a result of the current immigration situation .

uscis is aware of this issues .and we wish that the reform include the process of vawa because its dificult for those who is not afford to have representative or ligall advise .on this forum discuss and not a ligal advise . :crying:

it aint about how hard you hit .its about how hard you can get hit and how much you can take and keep moving forward even broken

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tBURmqe5U4c

Filed: Other Timeline

seperation doesn't have to be 6 months or so but marriage and divorce should ave some time in between. And u said u rnot in US ,how come i did not understand. when did u get married and why divorce in us then

Oh.. I was in US 3 months back, got married there in US and than my husband sent me here threateningly and fraudulently. As my marriage took place in US my divorce is filed in US by my husband but it was hidden to me til I visit my county's website.

Thank you so much for your help ben, I really appreciate it! I have started gathering documentation and Inshallah soon will be submitting it, I was only concerned about divorce that as I am here, my husband can put any charge on me and I won't be able to answer.

I don't have tapes but emails, and than how I would be able to provide police certificate of US? I am not there, neither I lived for 6 months or over.

What does affidavit look like? what things are mention friend's and family affidavit? I do have medical reports where I was in US and also after attempting to kill, he threw me here because he was afraid of law and did not want to pay the support.

You said I can say what I am feeling rite now, I am blank, lost, and feeling that my life is over. I really have no one in the world, I thought that I would be having family but damn whatever I had, he has taken over and I am proved to be a fool.

Anyways, thanks for support, I will file vawa soon but my visa was expired, AOS was filed but I was expecting an interview call, I am sure he has canceled his sponsorship.

so sorry to know what u have been trough .now u have to think how u gona resolve this things .u have right to file not only i-360 also waiver because u been here befor and u do leave united states volentary .also dv visa everyyear .also i-140 if u find emplyees to sposor you .u can always request for visa at the consulate where u live .but now u are about to file this self petition for battered spouse .is the same if u live in US or out of US .u have right to file it by it self .u need to complete form i-360 u can have more information in the instruction with the initial requered documents .

copie of ur passport and visa and any notice u recieve from uscis,copie of ur abuser spouse identity like passport or mariage contract or any information showing his identity or i-130. just try to send the application now u need to write a long letter of the abuse u been trough and as long as u can if u want see exemple of the letter google this ( documents gathering for self petition under the violence against woman act ) a step by step guide .showing the phisical and emotional and mental pcycholigical abuse ,you sould start ur story since u meet ur spouse and u been happyly maried then his sponsorship for ur immigration status turn him crazy lost control and become jalous thinking if your status change you no more slave for him ,he is willing to stay with you without process because the process turn him more abusif ,there the letter u just need to see how its look like then write the same things but the things hapened to u in details also look at the other documents u need .now u just need to send the package and later u gona recieve rfe then u can see what document u need .now send as much as u can .for abuse send the statements ,the dramatique statement is everything u could be approved only with the letter because is valid and u should write everything with the dates and everything must be corect do not send the statement until u read it seviral times for 15 days .letters from friends or familly .ir sister or brother or mom or dad or grong ma or grond pa colect like 8 or 10 letters .good moral character u should send police report from ur country showing no record is valid even u are not in the US .u can request online check background in the US even u are not here or someone to get copie of it showing no record or previous record showing maximum charge .if felony or what kind of charge .u can google print fbi finger print card online and go to your local police department and do finger on the card send it to the fbi adress on the website ,they are located in virginia i think . u will get response on mail maximum 3 month sometimes less 30 days that is good .u need to show good faith mariage if u have any utilitty bills together and the adress u live with him .the residence adress .including tax return ,dentist visit .anything .car insurance .lease .phone .cable .jointhly bank account .pics of widding .or tape everything all pics must be dated in the back .u need mariage contract and his affidavit to apply for ur visa and also copie of the i-130 is evedence he file for u .his emails and letters .if u have gift take pictures and write gift on the pics .if u have letters he did send to uscis for u is eveidence that ur mariage in good faith .

Having Trouble Finding Evidence:

The “Any Credible Evidence” Standard

Gathering documents can be difficult for self-petitioners. Battered undocumented women

face many challenges in gathering evidence for their VAWA petition. The USCIS knows

how hard this process can be for self-petitioners.

Because of this, the USCIS gives self-petitioners a more realistic standard for evidence. If

self-petitioners cannot get their first-choice evidence (like official government records)

because they aren't living at home, their husbands keep the documents from them, or they

don't have the right ID to get the document, the USCIS will accept more informal

evidence, such as signed declarations and letters.

This standard is known as the "any credible evidence" standard. It means that selfpetitioners

will not be rejected just because they are missing an official document, so

long as they have other believable documents that show they meet the requirements.

This guide helps self-petitioners and their advocates to get their first-choice evidence, but

also suggests less formal evidence to include in the petition when first-choice evidence

cannot be obtained. For each requirement, we list both official suggestions and more

creative ideas. The self-petitioner and her advocate can also come up with ideas of their

own.

Keep track of your efforts!

try to colect anything /just send the i-360 because sometimes some victims of domestic violence have strong evidence and they got denied and others they just send self afidavit letter and letter from sister and they got approved .wish u good luck first send the i-360 with anything u could send and on this forum we discuss the same issues because we cannot afford attorney .is better to apply by your self that why called i-360 self petition because the statement u write is all about is called indipendence evidence.if an attorney involve him self on this will be a long way have no limits because most of them they dont practice this kind of petition .good luck zinab no worry allah creat us with no things and we will be back to him with no things how can someone or things distroy ur life and turn u crazy .dont be try to see life in two side positive and negative .just keep ur record clean in ur country and usa ,u will be eligible to file again .i am waiting 49 months and 7 days,6 years in the nightmare from abuse to abuse but i am broken person and follow the law educated people always in peace even poor but rich memory to support and accept the poor life ,write good affidavit is all about .

it aint about how hard you hit .its about how hard you can get hit and how much you can take and keep moving forward even broken

Thanks Ben, you also don't worry I am sure things will get better soon, and you Inshallah will hear a good news from VSC, I have searched pdf's documents regarding proves, I don't have all of them you said but I have managed to get one or two from every category, You did not answer me my one query and that is what do my friends and family write in their statement? They need to provide their contact details only or any identification prove? Do they need to notarize it too?

Do I need psychiatrist evaluation or statement will be fine? I have no background criminal records, so its showing empty in my case except for the divorce thing.

You have waited for so long, Allah does everything for valid reason.

Hello Everyone...

I'm back to the Forum and I just wanted to let you know that I really feel your pain... My case has been pending for 2 years and 2 months as of today. I've NEVER being asked for RFE, NOTHING and still pending. They have placed me in to proceedings even when I advised them that I filed VAWA case previously to my immigration appointment and still, NONE case is denied nor approved.

Three months ago I had to leave USA and obviously I can not come back at least in the next 10 years, but I bet you that even in 10 years from today my case would be still as pending. WHY? Who knows? Evidence I have it all, I sent all docs requested, hospital reports, police reports, notarized affidavits from friends, family members, pictures, medical bills, all backgrounds are cleared, car insurance bills, E V E R Y T H I N G .... Question is: WHY my case never was approved? NOBODY KNOWS. I called to 1-800 many times, send at least 10 letters requesting adjudication of my case, my lawyer contacted "his immigration friends" trying to use their influences to rush the decision and NOTHING WORKED OUT FOR ME.

I know the frustration for all of those who has been waiting and waiting years for that approval and still no answer.I can only say BE STRONG, that's it. Don't feel sorry for yourself, that's the worst feeling. . . PAIN IS INEVITABLE, FEELING MISERABLE IS OPTIONAL :no:

I really hope that this journey ends soon for ALL of you. May the God bless you all the time.

Take care,

EWTN

Hi EWTN, I don't know what to tell you but I do hope that everything will work out for you. I always include you in my prayers. I'ts nice to hear from you again.

letter from friends or familly sould be always under pinalty .name .adate of birth .adress that all

how u meet ,and ur friendship with them .

then what they know about what u say to them and u report the abuse to them because u dont call the police .

they should write what they know about what hapened to u with him since they see both of you in the begining happy and one take care of other .he change .

that all and in the end sincerely yours . is better to be sworn notarised but accepted without that.

you need a good pcychologist report including all the abuse and living condition you been trough .

right now send police report ( showing record or no record )from ur country they need it because u are out of US .

send copie of divorce and Marigae Certificat both .ur spouse get divorce because u dont show up at the court and the judge grant the divorce not for what u did or he do .because u could not and did not appear at the court that why he got the divorce .

good luck just send what u have now at the rfe u will know exxactly what else u need

Thank you Ben, I will be getting all those things with no problem I guess, why did your case took so long?

@EWTN, My heart goes out for you, I hope you get a fast approval now, what cause such delay?

Hi Zaina, I wish I have the answer to your question. . . I have NO IDEA. Life goes on... and I couldn't stay there for personal reasons, so it amazed me that my petition is still pending and no answer at all.

I hope things work out for all of you. It seems they're moving a little bit faster. And I just want to encourage all of you that just being waiting few months for your approval to DO NOT GET STRESSED OUT AND BE PATIENT. There is people out there ( like me) that have been waiting for years and still don't have any response. Pray, be patient and enjoy Life. After all, there is only one.

God Bless you All

hey EWTN

wow its been long time sinc we heard from you . sure we misse her ewtn . how are ? hows every thing going me and you the oldest her and still nothing I KNOW THE PROSSEC ITS NOT FEAR AND IS PAINFULL . BUT NOTHING RELLY WE CAN DO i feel happey when i see people get approve in 6 month and they dont have to go thru what we had. but i still dont see it faer how some have to wait long and some not wich is that the immigration should know

as of my case i just send my 2nd RFE today wich they ask for my divorce decree and background chak(good character)

so i should her somthing soon.

Hello Yahya!!!! How things are going with you? What's new? Any update in your case? From me, I could say I'm hanging in there. My self petition never was updated / approved / denied / still pending. Frustrating, right? but What can I do? Anyway, I'm not there anymore and can not come back in the next 10 years. I really hope you get an answer soon and this nightmare ends for all of you.

Take care my dear journey friend...

Blessings,

EWTN

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.