Mijndert

Netherlands

675 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Netherlands
Timeline

We received the RFE via snail mail on November 6th. That really wasn't too bad considering they mailed it on November the 2nd.The request was for additional information on us having met within the last 2 years. It is strange that we received this as we did send a lot of primary evidence with our K1 filing. We sent our RFE reply back today with the original evidence we submitted as well as additional evidence. I agree with you! Atleast it means they are doing something with our case. I cannot complain about that. I hope everyone is having a nice week. Best wishes to all of you! :)

Mel

• Replies 674
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: Country: Netherlands
Timeline

Hi All!!!! :D

Just checking in....Hope all is well with everyone :luv:.

I know what you mean with the arrangements and plans, Rhonda. Sometimes I think I will never be done in time. I am still running around like a headless chicken-and seemingly having no impact on the endless list of stuff to do! Mark gets here in 31 days and then my family gets in from the UK a week later......he is REALLY busy over there finishing off stuff ready to move here......I am so happy/excited and sometimes a little over whelmed with it all, you know?

Anyway, I hope your plans are going through nicely...let us know.

Mel-an RFE is often not a bad thing. When we were waiting for our NOA2 I was noticing that alot of people had approvals not long after they submitted the requsted information back to USCIS. At the very least it does mean your file hasn't fallen behind someone's desk out there in USCIS land. Glad it was an easy RFE to respond to. I really think you'll be getting an approval soon! :yes:

How's everything going, Em? Will this coming Thanksgiving be your first Thanksgiving in the US? Check-in sometime and let us know how you are doing with the volunteer work/house buying and your AOS! Best wishes for all of that :star::thumbs:

Nice to see you Jackybeertje! :thumbs: Keep posting!

Arazia--HEY! Drop a post on here and let us know if you have your approval yet-and how Harry is doing. He is flying over soon for Christmas, yes? When is he getting here? You must be getting really excited too! You never know...The approval might happen while he is here-THAT would be a GREAT present for you both!

Well, I have to get to an appointment-catch you all later :D

regards

Michele :luv:

Liefde is een bloem zo teer dat hij knakt bij de minste aanraking en zo sterk dat niets zijn groei in de weg staat

event.png

IK HOU VAN JOU, MARK

.png

Take a large, almost round, rotating sphere about 8000 miles in diameter, surround it with a murky, viscous atmosphere of gases mixed with water vapor, tilt its axis so it wobbles back and forth with respect to a source of heat and light, freeze it at both ends and roast it in the middle, cover most of its surface with liquid that constantly feeds vapor into the atmosphere as the sphere tosses billions of gallons up and down to the rhythmic pulling of a captive satellite and the sun. Then try to predict the conditions of that atmosphere over a small area within a 5 mile radius for a period of one to five days in advance!

---

Filed: Other Country: Netherlands
Timeline

Hey everyone,

Sorry for not giving regular updates, but there hasn't been a whole lot to update. There's no movement on our application yet, no touches, RFEs or Approvals. Some early September K-1s are getting approvals out of California, so all I can do right now on that is cross my fingers and keep waiting.

As for everything else... Harry still hasn't told his parents about our plans. I'm not terribly surprised about this, and it really is his place to tell them, not mine. I'm just a bit tired of making up excuses when people in my life ask 'what do his parents think about this'.

And yeah, he will be coming in for Christmas. He'll be here on December 17th. About 39 days or so left to wait on that. Funny how everything is a waiting game. We were hoping for an NOA2 before he arrives so I can get him all his paperwork he needs from me while he's visiting. It'll be a pain if we get the NOA2 while he's here, as I will be on vacation then and won't be able to get the infamous 'employer letter' for the support document.

:unsure:

Our K-1 Visa/AOS/RoC timeline can be found here.

Timeline

Hi everyone,

Thanks for all of the uplifting replies! We are keeping our fingers crossed with all of the information we sent back. We are considering the RFE a positive step forward :thumbs:

That is wonderful that Mark and Harry will be here for the upcoming holidays! I wish all of you the best thanks for your support!

Mel

Hi all! :star: ..... Well, we finally received the Noa 1's for my AOS and EAD. Unfortunatly on both of them my first name is spelled incorrectly.....and it's not even the same mistake :wacko:. I've been trying to get in touch with someone from the customer service centre, but sofar I keep ending up in a menu that in the end advices me to get in touch with a customer representative (argh, why do they think I keep calling that number in the first place).

Anyways, how are you all doing?.....How's the wedding plans comming along Michele and Rhonda?.....Arazia, during my k1 petition it looked like we didn't get touched once because the message on the online status check never changed and then bham one day it said we were approved, so just because it might look there is no movement, you never really know.....Mel, sorry to hear about the RFE, hopefully now that you send the requested stuff back you will be approved in no-time!

Michele, this will indeed be my first Thanksgiving here and I am looking forward to it. I've been here in the past for almost every other holiday, but somehow I kept missing Thanksgiving :wacko:

Take care all! (F)

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Netherlands
Timeline

We had the same thing, never been touched. I was wondering if something was wrong and there came noa2. So yeah even if you dont see it they are working on it.

If I read the new stories I am happy we filed in febr. So much more hussle if you file now. It was so much easier in the old days ;-)

-hugs-

--------------

My time line

--------------

K-1

--------

2-1-2006 he sended in the I-129F

9-19-2006 Medical

9-26-2006 final interview

2-8-2007 arived in hawaii

4-1-2007 our wedding day

---------------------------------------

AOS

-------

5-3-2007 I-765 and I-485

5-7-2007 forms received by USCIS

5-14-2007 NOA 1

7-12-2007 biometrics

8-15-2007 interview

8-16-2007 got welcome email

8-21-2007 got welcome letter

8-30-2007 received greencard

Timeline

Counting down the days. Time goes way to slow for me right now ;-)

--------------

My time line

--------------

K-1

--------

2-1-2006 he sended in the I-129F

9-19-2006 Medical

9-26-2006 final interview

2-8-2007 arived in hawaii

4-1-2007 our wedding day

---------------------------------------

AOS

-------

5-3-2007 I-765 and I-485

5-7-2007 forms received by USCIS

5-14-2007 NOA 1

7-12-2007 biometrics

8-15-2007 interview

8-16-2007 got welcome email

8-21-2007 got welcome letter

8-30-2007 received greencard

Timeline

Hello! How is everyone? Getting ready for Thanksgiving?

We received GREAT news today! We were approved!! The USCIS received our RFE on the 14th and we were approved on the 16th!!! We just received the email today. Thank you all for your well wishes and support.

:dance::dance::dance::dance:

I hope you all have a great weekend and a Happy Thanksgiving!

Mel

Timeline

Mel,

That is great. Maybe everything will be set and you two will be together before the New Year. I was looking at some timelines and noticied that sometimes things moved faster at this time of year. Anyway waht great news!!!

Michele and Mark how is everything. .. you two will soon be together.

Arazia and Harry how much longer until Harry is here for his visit?

We have some progress to report, Wilmot recieved his social security card today. Monday, he will look for temporary work!!! Since we recieved the temporary work permit at POE! He is so excited. I'm a little nervous, it has been nice having him at home. But I'm happy for some extra money right before the wedding.

Have a nice weekend.

Rhonda

Timeline

Hello everybody!

I'm a newbie in this NL thread, but would like to say hi to you all and wish you luck on this journey we are all going through ;)

We are collecting our packet 3 items + completing his checklist. Almost there...

My best wishes for you all,

edi :energetic:

Our AOS Journey

July 18, 07: AOS/EAD sent to Chicago

Aug 03, 07: Received Biometrics appt. letter

Aug 23, 07: Biometrics

Aug 30, 07: Transfer to CSC letter dated 8/27

Sept 19, 07: EAD Approval email

Sept 29, 07: EAD card Received

Oct 09, 07: AOS Approved

Oct 13, 07: Green Card in hand

Hello! How is everyone? Getting ready for Thanksgiving?

We received GREAT news today! We were approved!! The USCIS received our RFE on the 14th and we were approved on the 16th!!! We just received the email today. Thank you all for your well wishes and support.

:dance::dance::dance::dance:

I hope you all have a great weekend and a Happy Thanksgiving!

Mel

Hi Mel :star: ..... :dance::dance::dance: Congratulations on the approval!!!!! :dance::dance::dance:

Hi Edi :star: ..... Welcome to our little Netherlands section here! :thumbs:

Hi Rhonda :star: ..... What was Wilmot's POE since he did get the temp work permit? You might have mentioned it before but right now I am too lazy to scroll back the pages :lol:

Take care all (F)

Timeline

Thank you guys for the welcome! :dance::star:

By a chance, does anybody know the average time spent at the POE with the K-1 process? Even that my Pieter is not comming here yet, I was wondering how much time to leave between connections so he won't be stuck @ Min St Paul or Detroit... We usually travel with Northwest Airlines and those are the two usual POE's to make the connection to Missouri... Yeah, we do live far away, in the middle of the country LOL...

Good luck to you all! :thumbs:

edi

Our AOS Journey

July 18, 07: AOS/EAD sent to Chicago

Aug 03, 07: Received Biometrics appt. letter

Aug 23, 07: Biometrics

Aug 30, 07: Transfer to CSC letter dated 8/27

Sept 19, 07: EAD Approval email

Sept 29, 07: EAD card Received

Oct 09, 07: AOS Approved

Oct 13, 07: Green Card in hand

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.