Mijndert

Netherlands

675 posts in this topic

Hi Mel :star:.....Before I left I did look into shipping compagnies, but all the stuff I wrote down regarding all that I threw away. Maybe Rene could just call a few international moving compagnies around his area to see what they can do for him. For me, shipping was no option after hearing the prices they asked for it. All I took with me were 2 suitcases and one of my cats. There are still a few things at my parents place and my sisters place that in time I'd like to have send over or like to take with me after visiting them or stuff they could take with them when they come over here (pictures, books, some clothing and a few other things).

Take care.

• Replies 674
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Netherlands
Timeline

Mel, sorry we did not need to use a shipping company. I would go with Em's suggestion.

Mark and Michele, I'm so excited for the two of you, December will be here soon. Michele, don't stress out too much getting ready. J/K I had a nervous breakdown getting ready for Wilmot.

Em, I'm sorry to hear about your homesick feelings. Maybe you could volunteer at a school or community center. . . so you could interact with somepeople closer to your age. Wilmot will start volunteering, and also use that place as a reference when he starts looking for work.

The wedding is really keeping me busy. .. so I will check in once and a while. It is harder then I thought to get a wedding ready in 3 months. But I'm going to try my hardest. I will keep you all posted. I think we will invite close to 150 people to the reception.

Harry and Arazia, I'm glad to hear things are a little less tense.... I hope things continue to improve and you two work everything out with Harry's parents. Arazia, hopefully, your family is suppportive.

Have a good week, everyone.

Rho nda

Timeline

Thanks guys for the suggestion! Everything we have found so far is financially not very realistic for the types of items that need to be shipped. I just thought maybe someone had better luck than we did with it.

Mel

Mel.....What sort of items are you talking about? If it is only small stuff, it can be send through regular mail in a box. I believe any box under 10 kg is like 34 euro's. It needs to be send through regular mail though and not priority and will take a while to arrive since it most likely will be shipped by boat, but it might be an option (although I am not to sure on the kg and price, but Rene could find that stuff out at the post office).

Take care.

Edited by Em&Ed

Timeline

Most of what Rene wants to bring is small stuff, but he wont have room in 2 suitcases to bring it. Just some computer components, DVD's etc... I think we have decided to have it shipped by boat. It can take many weeks they told him but there is no rush on getting any of those items here. Thanks so much for all of your help! :D I hope things are well with you both.

Mel

Filed: Country: Netherlands
Timeline

Hi everyone!

I was sorry to hear about the homesick feelings, Em :( . I do know how you feel as my entire family are in the UK and I moved here when I was in my early 20's ( I was born in America...loooooooooong story) and the homesickness at first was really painful (and I still miss them and England). It does get easier with time (F) Excellent idea about the volunteering, Rhonda. Try and get out of the house-what about a college class? Most of the colleges here have some pretty interesting looking classes going on. Hopefully you will be feeling better soon (F)

Mel-I do not think Mark is using a shipping company right now-sorry I am not much help with that one. :(

Glad to hear the wedding plans are coming together, Rhonda, keep us updated!

Good news that Harry's situation is alittle better, Arazia :star: Let us know when you get the NOA2!!!!! Has Harry told them, yet?

As for us, well the countdown is ON! I have to say that since Mark got the visa the days are dragging by and seem to last forever! Yet despite that, I am still not getting everything done I need to ( if that makes any sense) :wacko:

Anyway, keep posting and take care, all

Michele

PS You two are in FL-how cool is that? Do you live near one another?

Liefde is een bloem zo teer dat hij knakt bij de minste aanraking en zo sterk dat niets zijn groei in de weg staat

event.png

IK HOU VAN JOU, MARK

.png

Take a large, almost round, rotating sphere about 8000 miles in diameter, surround it with a murky, viscous atmosphere of gases mixed with water vapor, tilt its axis so it wobbles back and forth with respect to a source of heat and light, freeze it at both ends and roast it in the middle, cover most of its surface with liquid that constantly feeds vapor into the atmosphere as the sphere tosses billions of gallons up and down to the rhythmic pulling of a captive satellite and the sun. Then try to predict the conditions of that atmosphere over a small area within a 5 mile radius for a period of one to five days in advance!

---

Timeline

Em and Mel, intresting that you two live in the same state. It would be great if you could get together and see each other sometime.

Michele, I agree it seemed like the days were too long after getting the Visa and then coming over here.

I have been busy with introducing Wilmot and wedding plans. So I haven't had much time on VJ. Sorry. Nothing new to post about the wedding. I hope everyone has a great week.

Rhonda

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Netherlands
Timeline
Mel.....What sort of items are you talking about? If it is only small stuff, it can be send through regular mail in a box. I believe any box under 10 kg is like 34 euro's. It needs to be send through regular mail though and not priority and will take a while to arrive since it most likely will be shipped by boat, but it might be an option (although I am not to sure on the kg and price, but Rene could find that stuff out at the post office).

Take care.

You are right. untill 10 kilo is 34 euro to sent ir trough tnt. Priorety is 52,50.

I heard from someone else who is looking in to shipping that the cheapest she could find so far 1750,- for 1m3. Tha t would mean for me that I can put 12 boxes is there. While if I sent them with tnt it only costs me 408. So if it is only small stuff that can be boxed then box it and sent it.

--------------

My time line

--------------

K-1

--------

2-1-2006 he sended in the I-129F

9-19-2006 Medical

9-26-2006 final interview

2-8-2007 arived in hawaii

4-1-2007 our wedding day

---------------------------------------

AOS

-------

5-3-2007 I-765 and I-485

5-7-2007 forms received by USCIS

5-14-2007 NOA 1

7-12-2007 biometrics

8-15-2007 interview

8-16-2007 got welcome email

8-21-2007 got welcome letter

8-30-2007 received greencard

Mel :star: ..... I am on the Space Coast in Florida.

Jackybeertje :star: ..... Good to see you here ;)

Arazia :star: .....any news?

Michele :star: & Rhonda :star: ..... How are the wedding preperations going? You guys all stressed out yet? You are not turning into Bridezillas are you????? ;):lol:

The homesickness comes and goes, but I guess it's just a normal thing. I have been. doing some volunteer work here and there and it was a lot of fun. I'd love to work at the animal shelter but they just moved that place 15 miles from here and since I only have my bicycle that's a little to far for me right now. We are looking at houses in the town it moved to, so who knows. Right now I am waiting for our NOA 1 for our AOS application. Maybe I am little to impatient to expect it already after 1.5 week , but ah well. Anyways, I am off for a bike ride since the weather is super nice right now.

Take care all

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Netherlands
Timeline

Hi Em, Ja ik denk laat mezelf hier ook maar weer eens zien. Ik vergeet het steeds ;-)

--------------

My time line

--------------

K-1

--------

2-1-2006 he sended in the I-129F

9-19-2006 Medical

9-26-2006 final interview

2-8-2007 arived in hawaii

4-1-2007 our wedding day

---------------------------------------

AOS

-------

5-3-2007 I-765 and I-485

5-7-2007 forms received by USCIS

5-14-2007 NOA 1

7-12-2007 biometrics

8-15-2007 interview

8-16-2007 got welcome email

8-21-2007 got welcome letter

8-30-2007 received greencard

Timeline

Hi to everyone. The wedding plans are progressing. Things are very hectic and I seem to keep changing my mind. But hoepfully, all of this stress will be worth it. Take care and I hope you are all having nice weekends.

Rhonda

Timeline

wileastmot

I am sure all of the stress will be worth it in the end. Hang in there!

Rene and I received an RFE on November 1 :(CSC sent us 5 emails and our lawyer has yet to receive the letter to tell us what it is. AAARRGGHH!!! We have reviewed absolutely everything and can think of nothing that we did not include. I have read by a few VJ members that they are notorious for losing things out of your file there. Wish us luck and let us hope that whatever it is can be quickly resolved.

Hope everyone else is doing great and enjoying what is left of the weekend!

Mel

Timeline

Mel,

Sorry to hear about your RFE. Keep us posted, I hope it something simple. At least they are looking at your case and hopefully once you have sent it back, you will have a quick approval. Keep us posted.

Arazia how are you and Harry? Have you recieved your NOA 2 yet? I hope everything is going okay.

Em, Michele, Mark, Jackybeertje, have a nice week and I hope everything is going okay.

Rhonda

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.