• Replies 674
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Netherlands
Timeline

Thanks for asking. We will get the results this week. I don't have any concerns, but it will be good when that is completed. Then we just wait for October 3, 2006!!!!!!

I hope everyone is doing good. . . .it has been extremely cold and cloudy in MN. So it has been kind of depressing. But I just need to think about all of the positive things that are happening to snap out of it.

Take care. . . and wishing the best for everyone.

Rhonda

Hi all,

its about a month ago that i've been here,....busy, busy, busy,....you know the thing!

Good to see everything is going fairly smooth with everyone.

Congrads to you and your partner Em with you marriage!!! :thumbs::dance:

I don’t have any plane ticket booked yet, I’m waiting till I have my visa in hand.

Then after I got visa in hand, I still need about 6 to 8 more weeks to arrange/close things permanently down here.

In other words,…I wont be able to fly directly,…still working fulltime (70h/pw) ect ect.

Gotta go for now--(early start 2morrow)

C ya all laters!

Regards Mark.

wanna see my avatar in fullsize?>>>>

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a33JXYbuCEY

Filed: Country: Netherlands
Timeline

BUMP :devil:

Hey Em&Ed-how's married life down there in the Sunshine State? :D I did post congratulations (F) on the day you got married-it's ^^^up there (buried) somewhere-hope you saw it and didn't think that I had forgotten!

Keep us posted on how things are going there and AOS and such. Good Luck with it all (F)

Heard anything about the medical yet, Rhonda? Keep us posted. :thumbs:

As for us-Mark has his medical and chest x-ray on Sept 27 :dance: and interview on 10 October :dance:

Now is basically sit back and wait--

--What suprised me is that after 5 months waiting for an NOA2 how fast things have moved since then! :D

I am so excited! I know you must be too, Rhonda! :dance: Even though I know that right now there is very little left for me to do ( until Mark gets here, of course), I am still thinking about the visa/medical/interview 24/7. It's become almost an obsession!!!!

I just want to fast forward time, because now each day seems to be dragging on towards October!

Anyway, I was just checking in.

Have a great day, everyone!

Michele

Liefde is een bloem zo teer dat hij knakt bij de minste aanraking en zo sterk dat niets zijn groei in de weg staat

event.png

IK HOU VAN JOU, MARK

.png

Take a large, almost round, rotating sphere about 8000 miles in diameter, surround it with a murky, viscous atmosphere of gases mixed with water vapor, tilt its axis so it wobbles back and forth with respect to a source of heat and light, freeze it at both ends and roast it in the middle, cover most of its surface with liquid that constantly feeds vapor into the atmosphere as the sphere tosses billions of gallons up and down to the rhythmic pulling of a captive satellite and the sun. Then try to predict the conditions of that atmosphere over a small area within a 5 mile radius for a period of one to five days in advance!

---

Timeline

Mark and Michele glad to hear that everything is going okay. We have not heard anything back from Wilmot's medical. I think we should hear something on Friday. I can't believe how time seems to be standing still, I can't wait until October the 3rd!!!!! Just like I know you can't wait for Oct. 10th. I will let you know if we find out anything from our medical. I hope everyone has a good weekend.

Rhonda

Timeline

:devil: BUMP :devil:

How's everyone doing????

Liefde is een bloem zo teer dat hij knakt bij de minste aanraking en zo sterk dat niets zijn groei in de weg staat

event.png

IK HOU VAN JOU, MARK

.png

Take a large, almost round, rotating sphere about 8000 miles in diameter, surround it with a murky, viscous atmosphere of gases mixed with water vapor, tilt its axis so it wobbles back and forth with respect to a source of heat and light, freeze it at both ends and roast it in the middle, cover most of its surface with liquid that constantly feeds vapor into the atmosphere as the sphere tosses billions of gallons up and down to the rhythmic pulling of a captive satellite and the sun. Then try to predict the conditions of that atmosphere over a small area within a 5 mile radius for a period of one to five days in advance!

---

Filed: Other Country: Netherlands
Timeline

Just a quick update...

We got our NOA1 or the K-1 Visa this past weekend. It's not much but it's something at least. I'm a little worried at the timing of things. If CSC continues at it's current pace, we might get approval as early as November and I was aiming for mid-December. Harry is coming here from December 17-January 4th, so I'm a little worried of his packet 3 getting to his place while he's over here.

His father took a job in another country and the entire family is stressed. He hasn't told them yet about any of this. That worries me, too. :(

Our K-1 Visa/AOS/RoC timeline can be found here.

Timeline

Arazia,

Wilmot always tells me don't let the little things worry you. If you were to receive packet 3 while he was over here you could have some one mail or fax it to you guys then you could fill our the forms and mail them back 1 week before he was going home. It took between a week and two weeks for myself and Michele and Mark to receive our interview dates and medical appointments.

Not telling his family is another issue, that is best left up to the two of you to decide when the best time is. I have not told my parents because I'm afraid they will misjudge Wilmot. The first day he arrives, we plan on going to them that first week and telling them about us. My mom worries and has anxiety that she would have never been able to handle all of the ups and downs of this process. Her main wish is that I meet someone nice you love and respects me and my children. So once she meets him in person it will be fine. On the other hand all of my friends and co-workers know and they can't wait for Oct. 3 and the approved VISA. So sometimes it is best to look at your situation to determine who is the best to tell at certian times.

Wishing you the best and please don't get too worried. I think it is great that he will be here with you during Christmas. Enjoy your visit and be happy that he will be here sometime late winter!!

Sorry. . .Michele and Mark how is everything? We have not heard anything back from Wilmot's medical so I 'm assuming everything is fine. It seems like the next 13 days are moving so slow. I keep wishing I could wake up and it was Oct. 3rd! But like everything else you can never change time.

Timeline

BUMP! :devil:

How is everyone here in our little patch of The Netherlands?

We are getting really excited-Mark's medical within days and interview soon!!!! :dance::dance::D

Em-How you doing? :thumbs:(F)

Rhonda-Not long now! :dance: Don't forget to keep us updated ( you too, Em)

Azaria-I agree with Rhonda, hang on in there and try not to let this process worry you too much (Now, if only I could take my own advice :whistle: ...but that's another subject altogether :lol: ) Seriously, hang on in there! (F) Don't let the stress of this spoil your time together.

I must sign off now, I was wanting to save our thread from page 2!

Update when you can, everyone :thumbs:

Take care-doe voorzichtig

Michele :luv:

event.png

IK HOU VAN JOU, MARK

.png

---

Timeline

How is everyone? Great to hear from you Michele. I'm having a nervous breakdown. .. one week until the interview. I can't believe this. . .just wish it was over. I really hope everything is okay. . .. starting to get very worried, anxious, nervous.

We have not heard anything from the medical, so I think that is a good sign. He paid the VISA fee today and the airline ticket is paid for. Just waiting for approval and the passport with the VISA in it. Hopefully everything is okay.....

Best of luck to you, Mark on your medical this week.

Take care and have a great week.

Hi All! :star:

Things are ok over here. We are busy house hunting these days, but sofar we haven't found that one perfect place yet.....well, we've seen a couple of really nice places way out of our price range, but I think we need to rob a bank or something in order to be able to afford those..... :lol:

Ed finally found our NOA 2 again. He took it to work to copy it 2 weeks ago and it just dissapeared! Needless to say I wasn't happy about it because I posted a question about this on the AOS forum and turns out getting a new NOA2 would have cost us $ 200! Ed put it in a folder at work and forgot about it.....tsk.....men :lol:

Aw Ronda, no need to get a nervous breakdown, I am sure everything will go down very smoothly next week! Not hearing from the medical is indeed a good things cause it means everything was ok.

Mark and Michele, how did the medical go?

Take care all! :star:

Timeline
Em.

Thanks for the reassurance. I hope everything is going okay for Michele and Mark. I feel like I can't breathe or think. I can't wait until the interview is over.

Rhonda

Hang on in there, Rhonda! Not long now :dance: I bet this is going to be a LOOOONG weekend for you guys! I know I am almost a basket case and we still have just under 2 weeks left!

Let us know how it all goes for you........ :star: Good Luck :star: !

Phew, Em! Glad you guys found the NOA2! :thumbs: and Good Luck finding a house :D and with the AOS application, let us know how you get on.... :thumbs:

Well, Mark had his medical last week-it all went without a problem, now it's the count down to the interview! :dance::D:luv: 10th October-wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! :dance:

Edited by tmma

event.png

IK HOU VAN JOU, MARK

.png

---

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.