HYENA

SAWASDEE 3 (2009 Thai thread restarted)

3,311 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline
There was a lot that could have gone wrong. I was married and divorced to a Thai person before. My Fiance is Laos, living in Thailand and I was working remotely over the internet. I am pleased this is the only issue they had.

I think everyone seems to be saying that it should not be hard to get the VISA after submitting the requested doc's. Should only be one more step to get it!

I just saw the stack of chat logs my fiancee printed,wow.... She is still working on emails and documenting some photos...

What I did not understand from people's descriptions was the length of time they review the evidence? Do they take the evidence from you before they call you or only look at evidence as u r standing there? How long has people experienced them looking at the evidence? Just curious...

Thanks.... :blink:

Gene & Nan

K1 Timeline:

2009-01-24 : I-129F Sent

2009-01-30 : I-129F NOA1

2009-03-16 : I-129F NOA2

2009-04-01 : Left NVC

2009-04-23 : Received Packet 3

2009-06-01 : Submitted Packet 3

2009-06-11 : Packet 4 Notification by Email

2009-07-10 : Interview Approved!

2009-07-14 : Picked up VISA

2009-08-04 : POE in Minneapolis

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Timeline
What I did not understand from people's descriptions was the length of time they review the evidence? Do they take the evidence from you before they call you or only look at evidence as u r standing there? How long has people experienced them looking at the evidence? Just curious...

Gene,

Pon told me that they never looked at the evidence while she stood in the window, so they must have looked at it prior to being called to the window. Her interview was on June 30... So this is pretty fresh information.

Mike

K-1 Visa

San Jose California

Event Date

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : Bangkok, Thailand

I-129F Sent : 2008-12-16

I-129F NOA1 : 2008-12-30

I-129F RFE(s) :

RFE Reply(s) :

I-129F NOA2 : 2009-03-10

NVC Received : 2009-03-13

NVC Left : 2009-04-20

Consulate Received : 2009-04-20

Packet 3 Received : 2009-05-05

Packet 3 Sent : 2009-05-07

Packet 4 Received : 2009-05-28

Interview Date : 2009-06-30

Visa Received : 2009-07-02

US Entry : 2009-07-04

Marriage : 2009-07-24

Comments : touched 3/9/2009

Administrative Review at NVC

AP@NVC

Free at last left NVC

Embassy says they recieved it on same day it left NVC

Finally Got an Appointment Date Thank God

VISA ISSUED WHOOOOOOOOOOOO

Processing

Estimates/Stats : Your I-129f was approved in 70 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 182 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

Port of Entry Review

Event Date

Port of Entry : San Francisco

POE Date : 2009-07-04

Got EAD Stamp : No

Biometrics Taken : Yes

Harassment Level : 0

Comments : Very fast and very easy... The officer was very friendly and quick, he reminded us to make sure we marrry within the 90 days. total time maybe 10 minutes at most...

Finally got my baby!!! Thank you BKK; POE SFO was great

Timeline

Gene,

Pon told me that they never looked at the evidence while she stood in the window, so they must have looked at it prior to being called to the window. Her interview was on June 30... So this is pretty fresh information.

Mike

Thanks Mike! I was thinking about it after I posted and if they have interviews starting at 7:30, how much time could they really have to go through the stuff? You know you want to make sure you have everything for them but I wonder how much they look at the relationship evidence in detail or is the fact you have a pile good enough? I'm sure they review all the forms... Anyway just trying to kill some time...

And congrats again...What it must feel like to have ur fiancee here! I hope to find out soon... :D

Gene & Nan

K1 Timeline:

Timeline

Congratulations to Khun Pon :thumbs:

Well! I will go to interview on next Tue July14,2009 at the US Embassy and Now i working on relationship paper .

Very excited

Sometime i think very strain about interview.My Fiance' let's me Just relax!!!

I hope to have a Good new same Khund Pon :star:

Bo-Sam

:dance::dance:

Event Date

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : Bangkok, Thailand

I-129F Sent : 2009-01-21

I-129F NOA1 : 2009-01-26

I-129F NOA2 : 2009-03-25

NVC Received : 2009-04-06

NVC Left : 2009-04-10

Consulate Received :

Packet 3 Received : 2009-04-20

Packet 3 Sent : 2009-06-06

Packet 4 Received : 2009-06-16

Interview Date : 2009-07-14 ................Hope Pass the Interview

Edited by Bo-Sam

Timeline
You know you want to make sure you have everything for them but I wonder how much they look at the relationship evidence in detail or is the fact you have a pile good enough?

They do look at the evidence, they don't just look at the size of the pile. We had a ton, and I still had to provide more because they were looking for communication going both ways.

Just as a side note, we tried to get a Social Security number yesterday, four days after entry, only to be told that she is not yet been entered into that system that ICE uses. The lady offered to do the manual check, which could take six weeks +, but we declined and agreed it would be faster to return a couple of weeks later instead. I believe Gary of Gary and Alla has been telling the entire community that people's names should be entered the day they arrive at midnight and if not that night, then within a day or so. Clearly this is not the case as others have reported the same story.

Take care all.

it takes about 10 days to get into the system before you can apply for the ssn on the k-1. i have heard of some offices giving k-1's a hard time about issuing so maybe take a copy of the ssa.gov policy relative to k-1 with you if your local office is in a less metro area. we didnt' have any trouble less than 21 days from poe he had his ss card in hand. good luck!

ROC Timeline

18 NOV 2010 Sent 1.8lb packet to USCIS in Laguna Niguel (day 1)

19 NOV 2010 Package signed for V SEMEGI (day 2)

24 NOV 2010 Package returned because USC didn't sign petition (day 6)

calendar reset

26 NOV 2010 Package sent out again (day 1)

29 NOV 2010 Package signed for by V SEMEGI (day 3)

29 NOV 2010 NOA1 issued (day 3)

03 DEC 2010 Hardcopy of NOA received (day 7)

07 JAN 2011 Successful walk in biometrics (day 42) original date 1 FEB

01 MAR 2011 Date on Approval notice (although it arrived after the card did) (day 94)

03 MAR 2011 Card received (day 96)

Timeline

:dance::dance: We got it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! She picks up the VISA on July 14th!!!

She kept asking my fiancee that we look like we prepare for the interview because of all the evidence and how well it was prepared ( good job baby!). I guess since we had very short time we know each other before I propose ( about a month) and we know each other only 9 months.

She had a 8:30am appointment and she arrived early at 6:40. She was let in after only a few minutes and did not have to wait outside. She gave embassy staff at window 5 at 7 am, her documents and evidence, but they did not take her chat logs ( big folder they told her to give later). Then she sat and waited. So had to wait until 8:30, then they started calling people, she was third. The first person had interview lasting 20 min and got the visa. The second person was only 8 min and not sure if she got visa. Then it was my fiancee turn.

They took her fingerprints and started the interview:

1. How did you meet your fiancee? ==> We met online

2. What website did you meet on? ==> Match.com.th

3. When did you meet online? ==> October 2008

4. When did he come to visit? ==> I visited in early Nov. 2008

5. Did he come visit again? ==> I visit again in April, 2009

6. How long he stay first visit? ==> 4 weeks

7. When did u get engaged? ==> Nov. 29th, 2008

Interviewer commented it was very fast, and she cannot understand. My fiancee explained how much time we spent together online before my trip and while I was there. She seemed to accept this.

8. Did your fiancee marry before? ==> Never married

9. Have you ever been married? ==> Never married

She started looked through the evidence ( which I should say my fiancee had created a very detailed and orderly set of documentation, reciepts taped onto pages of a bound set of pages of printed emails)

10. Does your fiancee work in Thailand? ==> I worked at branch of my company but only for a visit.

11. You have a lot of receipts! Look like you prepare for doing the visa? ==> My fiancee told her that her fiancee is an engineer and likes to have many details and doesn't throw away anything :lol:

My fiancee had photo of flowers I had sent her and:

12. Why you take photo of flowers? ==> My fiancee wanted to see the flowers he sent me.

13. When do you plan to get married? ==> After a month in the U.S.

14. Are you excited to get married? ==> Yes!! Very Excited. Interviewer smiled at this.

Interviewer gave documents back and told her to come back to get visa on July 14th!

She finished around 9:05 am.

I am so pysched!!! I gotta clean up my place :P

Gene & Nan

K1 Timeline:

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline
:dance::dance: We got it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! She picks up the VISA on July 14th!!!

She kept asking my fiancee that we look like we prepare for the interview because of all the evidence and how well it was prepared ( good job baby!). I guess since we had very short time we know each other before I propose ( about a month) and we know each other only 9 months.

She had a 8:30am appointment and she arrived early at 6:40. She was let in after only a few minutes and did not have to wait outside. She gave embassy staff at window 5 at 7 am, her documents and evidence, but they did not take her chat logs ( big folder they told her to give later). Then she sat and waited. So had to wait until 8:30, then they started calling people, she was third. The first person had interview lasting 20 min and got the visa. The second person was only 8 min and not sure if she got visa. Then it was my fiancee turn.

They took her fingerprints and started the interview:

1. How did you meet your fiancee? ==> We met online

2. What website did you meet on? ==> Match.com.th

3. When did you meet online? ==> October 2008

4. When did he come to visit? ==> I visited in early Nov. 2008

5. Did he come visit again? ==> I visit again in April, 2009

6. How long he stay first visit? ==> 4 weeks

7. When did u get engaged? ==> Nov. 29th, 2008

Interviewer commented it was very fast, and she cannot understand. My fiancee explained how much time we spent together online before my trip and while I was there. She seemed to accept this.

8. Did your fiancee marry before? ==> Never married

9. Have you ever been married? ==> Never married

She started looked through the evidence ( which I should say my fiancee had created a very detailed and orderly set of documentation, reciepts taped onto pages of a bound set of pages of printed emails)

10. Does your fiancee work in Thailand? ==> I worked at branch of my company but only for a visit.

11. You have a lot of receipts! Look like you prepare for doing the visa? ==> My fiancee told her that her fiancee is an engineer and likes to have many details and doesn't throw away anything :lol:

My fiancee had photo of flowers I had sent her and:

12. Why you take photo of flowers? ==> My fiancee wanted to see the flowers he sent me.

13. When do you plan to get married? ==> After a month in the U.S.

14. Are you excited to get married? ==> Yes!! Very Excited. Interviewer smiled at this.

Interviewer gave documents back and told her to come back to get visa on July 14th!

She finished around 9:05 am.

I am so pysched!!! I gotta clean up my place :P

Congratulations Gene! Kat and I wish your fiancee a safe and speedy U.S. arrival.

K1: 01/15/2009 (mailed I-129F) - 06/23/2009 (visa received)

AOS: 08/08/2009 (mailed I-485, I-765, & I-131) - 10/29/2009 (received GC)

Timeline

quick question. After a search of the thread I see no mention so I assume the police report is free. is that a correct assumption. Also Nans medical cost 10320 baht! is that even possible?! Then one of the "paralegals" got on the phone and told me that the police report would be 9500 and would be ready on monday. I thought it took two weeks and was free. Any words are welcome... I feel like we are being taken for a ride here... Nan is aggravated because the "paralegal" with the visa service keeps telling her conflicting things everytime they speak. I just want this process to be over already.

Neil

Click our timeline to view our progress

Disclaimer: Our case was expedited. Do not base your timeline off of this. :)

826666e874.png

ea270d66be.png

Timeline

Until recently the police report has been free. My fiancée received it for free some time around April 10th this year. Since then couples have been reporting a 200 Baht 'fee' that is asked for by the police. Likely a quick buck for the cops doing it, but certainly far from 9500.

Timeline
Until recently the police report has been free. My fiancée received it for free some time around April 10th this year. Since then couples have been reporting a 200 Baht 'fee' that is asked for by the police. Likely a quick buck for the cops doing it, but certainly far from 9500.

Correct. We were charged 200 B for police report. They do offer to mail it to you, so I suppose this is a legitimate fee to defray their administrative and postage costs.

Timeline
quick question. After a search of the thread I see no mention so I assume the police report is free. is that a correct assumption. Also Nans medical cost 10320 baht! is that even possible?! Then one of the "paralegals" got on the phone and told me that the police report would be 9500 and would be ready on monday. I thought it took two weeks and was free. Any words are welcome... I feel like we are being taken for a ride here... Nan is aggravated because the "paralegal" with the visa service keeps telling her conflicting things everytime they speak. I just want this process to be over already.

Neil

The police report is free (or close to free) if you want to wait 2 or more weeks for it. Apparently, they ask for donations with a promise that you will receive your report a lot faster. I think your lawyer was referring to this. This was also reported by another person months ago (http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=188222&view=findpost&p=2805014). ://http://www.visajourney.com/forums/i...mp;p=2805014). ://http://www.visajourney.com/forums/i...mp;p=2805014). BTW 9500 sounds a little steep. If your lawyer is asking for you to pay him for this directly, I would be suspicious.

Edited by rsn

K1: 01/15/2009 (mailed I-129F) - 06/23/2009 (visa received)

AOS: 08/08/2009 (mailed I-485, I-765, & I-131) - 10/29/2009 (received GC)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.