HYENA

SAWASDEE 3 (2009 Thai thread restarted)

3,311 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline
From what I've read, the series will need to be complete before AOS. Otherwise she may receive an RFE for incomplete vaccination supplement record (I-693A). I am not certain about whether Nern's is complete or not, but will take care of it once she arrives.

Thats what i have read as well.

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Timeline

Well bad news my wifes child got a 221g today based a few facts. The embassy had a problem with the money I made in 2008 saying it was not enough when in fact I sent a current letter of employment stating salary and date of hire. I make more than double needed and pay stubs backing all up? I think they saw the 2008 tax return and didnt look at the other info. They asked to see a new letter of employment and more pay stubs. In addition my wife had a certified copy of custody and they said she needs to go to amphur to get an orginal. In addition they want to see proof of us citizenship. She just got to usa in Jan 09 and had advance parole from the usa goverment

to come back to the usa. While she was gone I got her green card in the mail and they want to see that!!

Well they said she can bring back the request for more info back on any monday or wednesday. Here is my question if all checks out when she brings it back will they issue visa right away as in 3 to 5 days?

thanks

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline
Well bad news my wifes child got a 221g today based a few facts. The embassy had a problem with the money I made in 2008 saying it was not enough when in fact I sent a current letter of employment stating salary and date of hire. I make more than double needed and pay stubs backing all up? I think they saw the 2008 tax return and didnt look at the other info. They asked to see a new letter of employment and more pay stubs. In addition my wife had a certified copy of custody and they said she needs to go to amphur to get an orginal. In addition they want to see proof of us citizenship. She just got to usa in Jan 09 and had advance parole from the usa goverment

to come back to the usa. While she was gone I got her green card in the mail and they want to see that!!

Well they said she can bring back the request for more info back on any monday or wednesday. Here is my question if all checks out when she brings it back will they issue visa right away as in 3 to 5 days?

thanks

I'm confused. Are you K-1, or Adjustment of Status?

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : Bangkok, Thailand

Marriage : 2006-11-08

I-130 Sent : 2008-02-22

I-130 NOA1 : 2008-03-10

I-129F Sent : 2008-04-08

I-129F NOA1 : 2008-04-14

I-129F touched: 2008-05-06

I-130 touched: 2008-05-09

I-129F approved 2008-09-05

I-130 approved 2008-09-05

NVC received 2008-09-12

Pay I-864 2008-10-08

Pay IV bill 2008-10-08

Receive Instruction 2008-11-05

Case Complete 2008-11-18

Medical 2009-01-19/20 passed

Receive Pkt 4 2009-01-30

Interview 221g 2009-02-23

Second interview 2009-03-02 Approved

POE DFW 2009-03-07

Received SS card 2009-03-17

Received GC 2009-04-01

Done for 3 years or 10 years. Haven't decided yet.

(I'm going for the IR-1 and blowing off the K-3. Even if it takes an extra couple months, it's worth it to not have to deal with USCIS again)

"Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free, the wretched refuse of your teeming shore. Send these, the homeless, tempest-tost to me, I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"

Note:

Please fill out I-130, wait 6 months for approval, then 3 more months for an interview. (Unless of course we've bombed your country into the stone age, then you qualify for expedited processing.)

Welcome to the USA!!!

Timeline

thanks

I'm confused. Are you K-1, or Adjustment of Status?

It is for a k2 visa for my wifes child. She came over on a k1 visa and now we want him to follow.

Timeline
When Kat went for her medical exam, they gave her the first dose of all the age-appropriate shots (3). Those 3 are listed as not completed, but "insufficient time interval" is checked next to them as well. Does she need to get the follow-up doses to adjust status? What did everyone else do?

From what I've read, the series will need to be complete before AOS. Otherwise she may receive an RFE for incomplete vaccination supplement record (I-693A). I am not certain about whether Nern's is complete or not, but will take care of it once she arrives.

We sent in our AOS paperwork without the I693A. We have our interview on the 14th with no RFE. The new paperwork says you still have to send in the vaccination part for AOS even if you have just ahd the medical. I took the chance and did not send it in since we filed AOS so quickly after we arrived. There are lots of people in the AOS forum that did not send it in, some get RFE's some don't. I figured who cares she is here, and we can wait to get the GC if they were to RFE it.

From what I have read you do not need to finish the series of shots, we did not, nor has a bunch of people in the AOS section.

It is for a k2 visa for my wifes child. She came over on a k1 visa and now we want him to follow.

For the most part they do, but I have been told sometimes they will just take the paperwork and say thank you we will call you.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline
From what I have read you do not need to finish the series of shots, we did not, nor has a bunch of people in the AOS section.

Did you read this in the forums from other experiences, or is this stated on a govt website as well? I have heard both claims "you don't need to complete them, don't worry" and "you must complete them or you will get an RFE!". I was considering having Kat get the next in the series in Bangkok before we leave, but maybe I should just wait till we get to the U.S. to do this. Many public health clinics will give immunization shots for free anyway (including mine according to their website). One concern is that the HPV vaccine is for women 18 or under, according to my public clinic's website, so we might have to go elsewhere for that one (?). Confusing!

K1: 01/15/2009 (mailed I-129F) - 06/23/2009 (visa received)

AOS: 08/08/2009 (mailed I-485, I-765, & I-131) - 10/29/2009 (received GC)

Timeline

Did you read this in the forums from other experiences, or is this stated on a govt website as well? I have heard both claims "you don't need to complete them, don't worry" and "you must complete them or you will get an RFE!". I was considering having Kat get the next in the series in Bangkok before we leave, but maybe I should just wait till we get to the U.S. to do this. Many public health clinics will give immunization shots for free anyway (including mine according to their website). One concern is that the HPV vaccine is for women 18 or under, according to my public clinic's website, so we might have to go elsewhere for that one (?). Confusing!

Well I can tell you we did not complete the series, we did not send in the Vaccination supplement, and we have our interview on July 14th with no RFE. As for free immunization shots, you may want to double check your sites information, it is normally reserved for children, and not adults for free. Also you have to have a CS update the shots record and not the free clinic. Which from what I have read most of the CS make you get an examination to update the record. In my research I have not seen anyone having to complete the immunization series to do AOS. I did lots of searches on this subject on this site, can you point me to where they said they were RFE for not completing the series?

If you are very concerned then get it done in BKK it will be cheaper, and then you can just pay to have the vaccinations transferred to the I693 from the DS2035.

Timeline

Well I can tell you we did not complete the series, we did not send in the Vaccination supplement, and we have our interview on July 14th with no RFE. As for free immunization shots, you may want to double check your sites information, it is normally reserved for children, and not adults for free. Also you have to have a CS update the shots record and not the free clinic. Which from what I have read most of the CS make you get an examination to update the record. In my research I have not seen anyone having to complete the immunization series to do AOS. I did lots of searches on this subject on this site, can you point me to where they said they were RFE for not completing the series?

If you are very concerned then get it done in BKK it will be cheaper, and then you can just pay to have the vaccinations transferred to the I693 from the DS2035.

The site in Madison claims to give a free checkup and vaccines for all new immigrants who have been in the country 6 months or less coming from countries w/ a low risk of TB and 2 years or less from high-risk TB countries (Thailand is in the high-risk group). They list all the vaccines they offer, both adult and child vaccines. I am aware of the CS requirement, but I have read in many forums on this site that you can fax/mail your immunization records to some guy named Dr Arnold in TX who will transfer the records for $30. With all this in mind, it seems like waiting until we get to the U.S. to complete the shots is the best choice. I don't recall someone specifically claiming that they received an RFE for not completing the series, but some people on this site have been quite assertive in claiming that the shots must be finished before receiving a green card.

Since you have been through the process and I have not, I'd have to say that it makes sense to take the same path as you did, especially since you have an interview date w/ no RFE. It does say in the guides to submit a vaccination record and you got away with omitting it. Is there anything else in the guide that does not apply according to your recent experience? What did you submit to the lockbox for your AOS specifically?

Edited by rsn

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

The site in Madison claims to give a free checkup and vaccines for all new immigrants who have been in the country 6 months or less coming from countries w/ a low risk of TB and 2 years or less from high-risk TB countries (Thailand is in the high-risk group). They list all the vaccines they offer, both adult and child vaccines. I am aware of the CS requirement, but I have read in many forums on this site that you can fax/mail your immunization records to some guy named Dr Arnold in TX who will transfer the records for $30. With all this in mind, it seems like waiting until we get to the U.S. to complete the shots is the best choice. I don't recall someone specifically claiming that they received an RFE for not completing the series, but some people on this site have been quite assertive in claiming that the shots must be finished before receiving a green card.

Since you have been through the process and I have not, I'd have to say that it makes sense to take the same path as you did, especially since you have an interview date w/ no RFE. It does say in the guides to submit a vaccination record and you got away with omitting it. Is there anything else in the guide that does not apply according to your recent experience? What did you submit to the lockbox for your AOS specifically?

I'm pretty sure you dont have to get the vaccines from the CS, you just need to take the proof of the vaccination to the CS.

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : Bangkok, Thailand

Marriage : 2006-11-08

I-130 Sent : 2008-02-22

I-130 NOA1 : 2008-03-10

I-129F Sent : 2008-04-08

I-129F NOA1 : 2008-04-14

I-129F touched: 2008-05-06

I-130 touched: 2008-05-09

I-129F approved 2008-09-05

I-130 approved 2008-09-05

NVC received 2008-09-12

Pay I-864 2008-10-08

Pay IV bill 2008-10-08

Receive Instruction 2008-11-05

Case Complete 2008-11-18

Medical 2009-01-19/20 passed

Receive Pkt 4 2009-01-30

Interview 221g 2009-02-23

Second interview 2009-03-02 Approved

POE DFW 2009-03-07

Received SS card 2009-03-17

Received GC 2009-04-01

Done for 3 years or 10 years. Haven't decided yet.

(I'm going for the IR-1 and blowing off the K-3. Even if it takes an extra couple months, it's worth it to not have to deal with USCIS again)

"Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free, the wretched refuse of your teeming shore. Send these, the homeless, tempest-tost to me, I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"

Note:

Please fill out I-130, wait 6 months for approval, then 3 more months for an interview. (Unless of course we've bombed your country into the stone age, then you qualify for expedited processing.)

Welcome to the USA!!!

Timeline
I am aware of the CS requirement, but I have read in many forums on this site that you can fax/mail your immunization records to some guy named Dr Arnold in TX who will transfer the records for $30.

Yes that is correct, but I think he transcribes them from the DS2035, at least that was my understanding.

I'm pretty sure you dont have to get the vaccines from the CS, you just need to take the proof of the vaccination to the CS.

That is correct, technically, however in practice and from what I have read with other peoples CS experiences they are requiring a full exam or some BS vaccination check to determine what vaccines have been administered already. Basically they are just stealing people money.

Timeline
I am aware of the CS requirement, but I have read in many forums on this site that you can fax/mail your immunization records to some guy named Dr Arnold in TX who will transfer the records for $30.

Yes that is correct, but I think he transcribes them from the DS2035, at least that was my understanding.

That is correct, technically, however in practice and from what I have read with other peoples CS experiences they are requiring a full exam or some BS vaccination check to determine what vaccines have been administered already. Basically they are just stealing people money.

I guess the other issue is "is it a potential health issue for the immigrant to skip these immunizations?" I personally have no idea since I am most definitely not a doctor. Does anyone know?

Timeline
I would like to be clear and ask that when you get a 221g and you return to the embassy with the exact info that is asked, That the embassy will then issue visa in the normal 3 business days?

Thank you

For the most part they do, but I have been told sometimes they will just take the paperwork and say thank you we will call you. It is not a definite that they will issue it right away.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Thailand
Timeline

Be prepared that they may ask you for the completed 693a at your interview, regardless of whether you received an RFE or not.

Edited by Thai Rath

Timeline

So Thanti tells me this morning that there were 2 interviews on Thursday for girls who are on the usvisa4thai website - both got approved. Both report the "nice lady" did the interviews.

Even better, apparently there were 11 interviewees (all K1s? Not sure....) and 10/11 were approved. Only one was not due to insufficient documentation, and asked to provide further docs.

This is uncorroborated, but if true, or even if largely true, is boding very very well for the current process at Bangkok embassy.

Thanti is at work now, but perhaps she can post an update with more details when she gets off her shift.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.