HYENA

SAWASDEE 3 (2009 Thai thread restarted)

3,311 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline
Still in AP. 4 mo. & counting. No response Since 6 May :)

~Eric

Sorry to hear that! :wacko: Hope it ends soon. AP is not fun! We had 2 months of it at NVC, I can't imagine what it must feel like at the embassy :(

UsCandual, we are not too far away in Grand Rapids and would love to have company if Thanti doesn't want to be alone.

Noi

Thanks Noi!! Thanti reads VJ daily, so I know she will be touched by your offer. We'll decide what to do after she gets here......

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline
Yes, on packet 4 it does say phone cards are not acceptable, but I believe someone who recently had an interview said that he used his phone cards as evidence without a problem, but I may be mistaken there. Still, since it specifically says no phonecards I would avoid them.

Someone may have passed with having them, but they may have had a bunch of other evidence that was more supportive.

Also on the phone card issue, by law if they are selling phone cards in the USA, they have to be able to provide a detail report to the customer when asked for it. Back in the late 80's early 90's the telecom industry was using deceptive billing practices when billing per minute rates. So there was a big class action suit and the FCC stepped in and levied this requirement on them. If they don't provide a detail report, then report them, they will be fined, and subjected to not being allowed to sale the cards. Now a lot of phone cards are sold by third party companies, and what you may need to do is find out who the underlying provider is and contact them directly. The place I used Mobilecaller.com, did not provide call details directly, but directed me to the actual discount provider and they were more then happy to send me an excel spread ###### with the detail calls when I informed them it was for immigration purposes.

I guess s h e e t is a bad word

:lol: That's what I was wondering! :lol:

K-1 Timeline

11-29-05: Mailed I-129F Petition to CSC

12-06-05: NOA1

03-02-06: NOA2

03-23-06: Interview Date May 16

05-17-06: K-1 Visa Issued

05-20-06: Arrived at POE, Honolulu

07-17-06: Married

AOS Timeline

08-14-06: Mailed I-485 to Chicago

08-24-06: NOA for I-485

09-08-06: Biometrics Appointment

09-25-06: I-485 transferred to CSC

09-28-06: I-485 received at CSC

10-18-06: AOS Approved

10-21-06: Approval notice mailed

10-23-06: Received "Welcome Letter"

10-27-06: Received 2 yr Green Card

I-751 Timeline

07-21-08: Mailed I-751 to VSC

07-25-08: NOA for I-751

08-27-08: Biometrics Appointment

02-25-09: I-751 transferred to CSC

04-17-09: I-751 Approved

06-22-09: Received 10 yr Green Card

N-400 Timeline

07-20-09: Mailed N-400 to Lewisville, TX

07-23-09: NOA for N-400

08-14-09: Biometrics Appointment

09-08-09: Interview Date Oct 07

10-30-09: Oath Ceremony

11-20-09: Received Passport!!!

Timeline

Thank you Noi..

I was the one with the funky phone records. I'm not sure how long the no phone cards rule was in place but it was a surprise to me to find out they would not accept the phone company records. That was one of the reasons i did the cover letter for the proof of relationship. It explained any issues up front. Search back 1 week and you can find a link to my letter.

In our interview nothing was brought up at all. We only had about 11 months and 2 trips to provide proof and we were fine. Don't stress about it. Just send in the phone card records and attach a letter explaining it was an error on your part and you ask for them to consider that as only a small portion of the entire package.

Got the interview date 7/08/09. Finally the countdown begins.

03/26/2009: NVC in
04/08/2009: Learned we are being screened for Additional Processing 'AP'
05/09/2009: Arrived at the US consulate in Bangkok
05/15/2009: Medical Passed
05/20/2009: Packet 3 received
05/21/2009: Packet 3 returned

07/08/2009: Interview
07/08/2009: issued 221(g) due to proof of single status document missing a stamp
07/20/2009: Resubmitted document with missing stamp. Accepted
07/23/2009: Visa issued

07/28/2009: POE JFK
07/31/2009: Married
09/02/2009: AOS submitted
09/10/2009 NOA1
09/25/2009: Case Transfered to CSC
10/13/2009 Biometrics
10/26/2009: Received EAD card
11/30/2009: RFE Delayed Birth Registration
12/31/2009: USCIS receives RFE reply
1/07/2010: Green Card Delivered
1/15/2010: Green Card Arrived

10/10/2011: Mailed in I-751 to remove conditions
10/20/2011: NOA1
11/28/2011: Biometrics
03/29/2012: RFE USCIS wants more proof of a bona fide relationship
04/03/2012: USCIS receives RFE reply
04/10/2012: Approval Letter
5/18/2012: Email notice that Green Card is being produced
5/24/2012: Green Card Arrived

10/07/14: N-400 mailed

11/12/14: Biometrics

12/5//14: In Line

03/25/15: Naturalization Ceremony: Journey Complete

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline
Got the interview date 7/08/09. Finally the countdown begins.

Cool beans & congrats!

K1: 01/15/2009 (mailed I-129F) - 06/23/2009 (visa received)

AOS: 08/08/2009 (mailed I-485, I-765, & I-131) - 10/29/2009 (received GC)

Timeline

Wow we are all going to have to get a Summer 09 Thai reunion going. I'm calling for Vegas.

Funny story I got a PM today from a fellow VJ'er. He and his fiancee were at the embassy picking up visas at the same time. They started talking and he was trying to hook me up by telling Chada the clinic would be fine without her and to come see me ASAP. :) Man you talk about a small world!!!!

Edited by Danny and Chada

Timeline
Wow we are all going to have to get a Summer 09 Thai reunion going. I'm calling for Vegas.

Sounds good to me! We are in Vegas and makes it easy for me to make it.

Aaron I didnt think you would have a problem with it.

Timeline

Sounds good to me! We are in Vegas and makes it easy for me to make it.

I am getting married in Vegas on the 25th of July if all goes well with the interview.... I used to live in Green Valley, I really miss that town...

Congratulation Wasabi, that is great news....

K-1 Visa

San Jose California

Event Date

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : Bangkok, Thailand

I-129F Sent : 2008-12-16

I-129F NOA1 : 2008-12-30

I-129F RFE(s) :

RFE Reply(s) :

I-129F NOA2 : 2009-03-10

NVC Received : 2009-03-13

NVC Left : 2009-04-20

Consulate Received : 2009-04-20

Packet 3 Received : 2009-05-05

Packet 3 Sent : 2009-05-07

Packet 4 Received : 2009-05-28

Interview Date : 2009-06-30

Visa Received : 2009-07-02

US Entry : 2009-07-04

Marriage : 2009-07-24

Comments : touched 3/9/2009

Administrative Review at NVC

AP@NVC

Free at last left NVC

Embassy says they recieved it on same day it left NVC

Finally Got an Appointment Date Thank God

VISA ISSUED WHOOOOOOOOOOOO

Processing

Estimates/Stats : Your I-129f was approved in 70 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 182 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

Port of Entry Review

Event Date

Port of Entry : San Francisco

POE Date : 2009-07-04

Got EAD Stamp : No

Biometrics Taken : Yes

Harassment Level : 0

Comments : Very fast and very easy... The officer was very friendly and quick, he reminded us to make sure we marrry within the 90 days. total time maybe 10 minutes at most...

Finally got my baby!!! Thank you BKK; POE SFO was great

Timeline

I had a Bangkok US Embassy K1 visa Packet 3 question that I cannot get an answer for and I was hoping someone here could help:

I need to prove evidence of my assets because my income on my 2008 tax return is less than 125% of the poverty level. I have money in stocks (which is more than 5 times the difference of my income and 125% poverty level) and I also have an annuity (I think it's called that) where I receive money every month from a lawsuit I won when I was injured as a child. My question is: What documentation do I need to prove these assets? I'm assuming just the most official looking documents I have about them, but do they need to be signed or notarized or anything???

Thanks for the help.

I-129F Sent : 2009-01-21

Check Cashed: 2009-01-27

I-129F NOA1 : 2009-01-30

I-129F NOA2 : 2009-04-30

NVC Received :2009-05-02

NVC Left :2009-05-07

Consulate Received :2009-05-20

Packet 3 Received :2009-07-10

Packet 3 Sent :2009-07-10

Packet 4 Received :2009-07-14

Interview Date : 2009-07-28

Visa Received : 2009-07-30

POE (JFK) : 2009-08-10

Married!!: 2009-10-16

AOS sent: 2010-02-17

Electronic notification of receipt: 2010-02-26

I-486, 765 & 131 NOAs: 2010-03-01

Biometric appointment NOA: 2010-03-08

Transfer to CA service center NOA: 2010-03-18

Biometrics appointment: 2010-03-23

Permanent Residence NOA: 2010-05-03

Perm Res card issued: 2010-05-03

Advance Parole issued: 2010-05-03

EAD card issued: 2010-05-03

Timeline
Sincerely The Wire is a dramatized, sanitized version of Baltimore city. To say the public schools are off the hook is an understatement. We have a new superintendent who was born in Cuba and cut his teeth in NYC schools. We shall see what a few years under his guidance will produce: he's reshuffled personnel, surplussing many, and paid students who improved their high school state exam grades to passing.

I'm in Bangkok and I'm going to post/rant about public schools. :wacko:

You can shuffle things around all you want, but, in the end, the same students are walking into the same classrooms with basically the same teachers. These teachers are on their own with no help from anyone outside of the classroom walls. They're lucky to see one administrator in their room the entire year. Any change in results is basically due to randomness, but positive results will be attributed to one or two of a countless number of variables.

It kills me that we judge schools "improvement" on the percentage of students that pass the test compared to the previous year's group. The whole thing is a joke. Also, a few kids just off the "bubble" pass because they get paid to try harder and the entire school is judged to have improved because the passing rate increases. ha. Nobody even looks at the average students ... to see if any they did better or worse than they did previous year.

Good luck public schools. Rant over.

DVD

Timeline
I last met my fiace was in August 2008. Just bring many pictures and many relationship evidences to the interview.

Was that when you first got together? or When you last saw her.

We were together, 7 months, when we had our interview.

Well.... let me explain. I met my American Fiance in the US in year 2006. And I came back to Thailand in April 2007. My fiance went to visit me in Thailand in year 2008, he was in Thailand 3 months. Then he went back to the US in August 2008. So from August 2008 to my interview date , I didn't see him for 10 months and my interview went fine.

For those of you wondering about phone record, I suggested that may be you can ask your fiancee to use Deedial.com. I used this service to call my fiance in the US.SO your fiancee can keep the record for you as well. It is cheap, I think it is only .89 satang per minute and she can add more money at 7/11 at least 100 baht. When she wants to get the phone record , then she just log in to the website and pull out the record and then copy and then paste to MS Words. But what I did I pulled out the record every week and saved it in the folder and made the file in order. Once the time was closed to the interview date , I just printed out.

Sincerely The Wire is a dramatized, sanitized version of Baltimore city. To say the public schools are off the hook is an understatement. We have a new superintendent who was born in Cuba and cut his teeth in NYC schools. We shall see what a few years under his guidance will produce: he's reshuffled personnel, surplussing many, and paid students who improved their high school state exam grades to passing.

I'm in Bangkok and I'm going to post/rant about public schools. :wacko:

You can shuffle things around all you want, but, in the end, the same students are walking into the same classrooms with basically the same teachers. These teachers are on their own with no help from anyone outside of the classroom walls. They're lucky to see one administrator in their room the entire year. Any change in results is basically due to randomness, but positive results will be attributed to one or two of a countless number of variables.

It kills me that we judge schools "improvement" on the percentage of students that pass the test compared to the previous year's group. The whole thing is a joke. Also, a few kids just off the "bubble" pass because they get paid to try harder and the entire school is judged to have improved because the passing rate increases. ha. Nobody even looks at the average students ... to see if any they did better or worse than they did previous year.

Good luck public schools. Rant over.

DVD

Dvddvd + all...

On the public school rant...I'd like to add my two cents. I remember I moved to Atlanta in 1996 when my kids were 8 and 10. Up until that point, they had been in the same public schools that I attended in Texas, which were VERY good! I was BEYOND SHOCKED when I first started looking into public schools in Atlanta...80% of them really looked like 'war zones'...there is no other way to explain it. I was extremely disheartened...and thought I'd seen it all...I put my kids in private schools at a very large expense.

A few years later, I moved to the Detroit area. Only Detroit schools could make the 'war zones' of the Atlanta public school system look like a sunny day in the park! It was in Detroit where I first witnessed schools that had just been 'shut down'...because of lack of maintenance from a shrinking taxbase, and violence...which of course, led to overcrowding. Again...I couldn't put my kids in school there....so I moved about 30 miles outside of Detroit and found decents schools. Now I live in Maryland, about an hour north of Baltimore, and every time that I go down to the Bay down in Baltimore (and parts of DC too), I'm again shocked at the utter decay of some areas of that once great city. So, I can imagine that the schools there are quite bad as well...

Education is very important, and quite honestly it is the one thing that I worry most about when I think about bringing May (AAm's daughter) over to the USA in a few months. Luckily, in our area (Hagerstown, MD) the schools seem to be 'ok'...but I still think I'm going to stick her in a private/Christian school a few miles from us...

Anyway...rant over now too :thumbs:

MarkNAAm

“Acquire the spirit of peace, and a thousand souls around you will be saved.” - Saint Seraphim of Sarov

49893.gif

"The love of one’s country is a splendid thing. But why should love stop at the border?” - Pablo Casals

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.