HYENA

SAWASDEE 3 (2009 Thai thread restarted)

3,311 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline
Awesome, we had interview on June 8th, Super cool lady and Thai assistant picking up Visa Wednesday 3pm jumping on a flight back to LAX thursday.....I'm going back to Cali, Cali, Cali....I'm going back to Cali....with my beauti-full fiance....who is 7 months pregnant with our 1st child.....who will be born on US soil....and have a US passport.....what a relief....

Everyone who is waiting.....R-E-L-A-X....trust me...after 4 months of useless stress trying to control the uncontrolable

I've realized that the Power of Omnipresent Good ALWAYS gives me what I need.....

First of all, congrats on your success.. :)

If I may, I would like to ask which airline you are flying back to the States. I have heard that most airlines do not allow pregnant women in their third semester to fly for medical reasons.

Thanks in advance for your response.

And Congrats to all who have been approved. Also the best of luck to those of you who have the interview coming up...

:)

Thai Air's policy states: up to 27 weeks is OK....27 to 32 weeks a letter from a doctor for cleareance is needed(very simple) 32weeks on one cannot fly.

This is THEIR policy, our Dr. stated it's safe to fly up to 38 weeks

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Timeline
I am curious, what is the shortest relationship ( length of time knowing each other) that has been approved for a VISA? Any ideas?

CONGRATS to Everyone on getting their VISA'S

We met 10 months to the day of our interview,if that's helpfull

Timeline
I am curious, what is the shortest relationship ( length of time knowing each other) that has been approved for a VISA? Any ideas?

CONGRATS to Everyone on getting their VISA'S

We met 10 months to the day of our interview,if that's helpfull

Don't worry I just had the interview yesturday and everything went fine. I last met my fiace was in August 2008. Just bring many pictures and many relationship evidences to the interview.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

It's funny that after more than a week, the embassy has just emailed me back saying "We've scheduled your fiancée's interview for June 18th." They had already sent us each an email saying they'd scheduled the interview. In this email it also states that they sent her Packet 4 by regular mail on June 2nd, though she has yet to see it arrive. Of course she's already gone online and downloaded Packet 4, so it's not an issue.

I am a public school teacher and I am telling you that USCIS as well as the State Deparment have it together compared to Baltimore's school system. From the top down there are all sorts of craziness and it was a bigger culture shock returning here than living in Thailand for four years.

Timeline
It's funny that after more than a week, the embassy has just emailed me back saying "We've scheduled your fiancée's interview for June 18th." They had already sent us each an email saying they'd scheduled the interview. In this email it also states that they sent her Packet 4 by regular mail on June 2nd, though she has yet to see it arrive. Of course she's already gone online and downloaded Packet 4, so it's not an issue.

Same here (embassy told me they would also mail packet 4, but it has not arrived yet). I don't expect it to arrive either. I figured they made a mistake when they said they would mail out packet 4. I suspect they don't mail it out anymore at all.

K1: 01/15/2009 (mailed I-129F) - 06/23/2009 (visa received)

AOS: 08/08/2009 (mailed I-485, I-765, & I-131) - 10/29/2009 (received GC)

Timeline

Same here (embassy told me they would also mail packet 4, but it has not arrived yet). I don't expect it to arrive either. I figured they made a mistake when they said they would mail out packet 4. I suspect they don't mail it out anymore at all.

We never got a Packet 4. I think it is a BNK urban legend.

K-1 Timeline

11-29-05: Mailed I-129F Petition to CSC

12-06-05: NOA1

03-02-06: NOA2

03-23-06: Interview Date May 16

05-17-06: K-1 Visa Issued

05-20-06: Arrived at POE, Honolulu

07-17-06: Married

AOS Timeline

08-14-06: Mailed I-485 to Chicago

08-24-06: NOA for I-485

09-08-06: Biometrics Appointment

09-25-06: I-485 transferred to CSC

09-28-06: I-485 received at CSC

10-18-06: AOS Approved

10-21-06: Approval notice mailed

10-23-06: Received "Welcome Letter"

10-27-06: Received 2 yr Green Card

I-751 Timeline

07-21-08: Mailed I-751 to VSC

07-25-08: NOA for I-751

08-27-08: Biometrics Appointment

02-25-09: I-751 transferred to CSC

04-17-09: I-751 Approved

06-22-09: Received 10 yr Green Card

N-400 Timeline

07-20-09: Mailed N-400 to Lewisville, TX

07-23-09: NOA for N-400

08-14-09: Biometrics Appointment

09-08-09: Interview Date Oct 07

10-30-09: Oath Ceremony

11-20-09: Received Passport!!!

Timeline

I am a public school teacher and I am telling you that USCIS as well as the State Deparment have it together compared to Baltimore's school system. From the top down there are all sorts of craziness and it was a bigger culture shock returning here than living in Thailand for four years.

Baltimore school system .... Have you by any chance seen HBO's The Wire? Particularly Season 4? There's an in depth focus on B'more inner city schools.

The Wire is amazing, riveting. Best series on television, ever. Period.

Timeline
I last met my fiace was in August 2008. Just bring many pictures and many relationship evidences to the interview.

Was that when you first got together? or When you last saw her.

We were together, 7 months, when we had our interview.

Wow, ok, that makes me feel better, we met last Nov. in person (two trips to TH total) , so we have 8 months now but we waiting for an interview date, so it will be longer by then...

Plenty of chat logs, some text messages, some phone calls ( most of them are on a phone card, doesn't show real numbers) and of course, pictures from the two trips there.

Thanks for the info

Edited by GeneT

Gene & Nan

K1 Timeline:

2009-01-24 : I-129F Sent

2009-01-30 : I-129F NOA1

2009-03-16 : I-129F NOA2

2009-04-01 : Left NVC

2009-04-23 : Received Packet 3

2009-06-01 : Submitted Packet 3

2009-06-11 : Packet 4 Notification by Email

2009-07-10 : Interview Approved!

2009-07-14 : Picked up VISA

2009-08-04 : POE in Minneapolis

Timeline

most of them are on a phone card, doesn't show real numbers

You will want to get a phone card that shows the numbers from where/to you are calling. Every phone card company must keep call records (US law), call the card company and request it, let them know you need it for immigration purposes and you should be ok. Since you have a short relationship, like ours, I would make sure you have plenty of two way communications, not just you always calling. Some of this may be a moot point with the new interview lady, but better to be prepared then not.

Timeline
call the card company and request it, let them know you need it for immigration purposes and you should be ok.

I started using phone cards the first month after we met, but I stopped using them shortly after since I couldn't find one with decent quality. Regardless, I used two different phone cards, and both companies refused to give me any call records w/out a court order. Along the same lines, my cell phone company won't give me a list of incoming call numbers without a court order either.

Timeline
call the card company and request it, let them know you need it for immigration purposes and you should be ok.

I started using phone cards the first month after we met, but I stopped using them shortly after since I couldn't find one with decent quality. Regardless, I used two different phone cards, and both companies refused to give me any call records w/out a court order. Along the same lines, my cell phone company won't give me a list of incoming call numbers without a court order either.

I put in a request to NobleCom ( cheap rates and good quality), not sure what will happen but I just added the international calling on my cell phone plan that will show the numbers, but it is a lot more expensive! Oh well, its worth it!

Gene & Nan

K1 Timeline:

2009-01-24 : I-129F Sent

2009-01-30 : I-129F NOA1

2009-03-16 : I-129F NOA2

2009-04-01 : Left NVC

2009-04-23 : Received Packet 3

2009-06-01 : Submitted Packet 3

2009-06-11 : Packet 4 Notification by Email

2009-07-10 : Interview Approved!

2009-07-14 : Picked up VISA

2009-08-04 : POE in Minneapolis

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Thailand
Timeline

I mostly use phone cards, but I saved all of them and am going to bring them for evidence along with a letter stating that it is cheaper, more convenient, etc. I can get a 5 dollar card and talk for 7 hrs off it. But I also call her without the cards every once in a while, that way her number shows up on my phone bill. I can't seem to get my missed calls documented (from her) but all of her SMS show up. That plus e-mail, some packages sent both ways, pictures, and the fact that I'll be there should be plenty to get this visa. That and positive thinking!

Timeline

I put in a request to NobleCom ( cheap rates and good quality), not sure what will happen but I just added the international calling on my cell phone plan that will show the numbers, but it is a lot more expensive! Oh well, its worth it!

Funny you mention NobleCom. That was one of the two phone cards I tried. Apparently you had better luck with call quality than I did (maybe they improved their service since I used them), but I specifically asked them a couple months ago for call records. Maybe you will have better luck than I did in this area also, their response follows:

Dear Raymond,

Thank you for taking the time to e-mail us.

Unfortunately, we do not currently offer call records, either printed or online.

Due to the privacy laws governing unlisted telephone numbers, customer service is not able to release complete phone numbers from the detailed records of a prepaid phone card account.

We can, however, provide limited information. If you have specific questions regarding one call, you may call the customer service number listed with your order. On a limited basis, a representative can tell you the date, time, duration of call, originating area code and destination area code only.

For additional call detail information, or multiple phone calls per record, you may send us a notarized letter or go to your local law enforcement office to apply for a subpoena. Law enforcement officers or your legal counsel can contact us for instructions on where to submit the subpoena.

We have forwarded your interest to our development staff, as we are constantly expanding our business, to better suit our customers' needs. Please check back at http://www.nobelcom.com for exciting new developments in your area of interest.

Thank you.

Sincerely,

Danielle

Email Support Representative

NOBEL Ltd.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.