HYENA

SAWASDEE 3 (2009 Thai thread restarted)

3,311 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline
Hey Brother UsCandual,

Your plans sound great, and I agree with your thinking...its worth a $250 dollar role of the dice...no biggie, especially after all you've both been through :thumbs:

That is also fantastic news that you'll be heading down to Brazil to see the kiddos in July! :thumbs: That is very important! Does Thanti know that she'll be 'alone' in the USA during that time? :huh: That might be tough on the both of you...which...is one of the crappy drawbacks of immigration...after all that you will have gone through to bring her here, she'll still not be able to go with you to visit your own kids!

I remember my wife once said that she was very happy here, but that she felt a bit like a 'prisoner' during her first six months of so in the USA. She couldn't drive, couldn't work, and couldn't leave the country! All that passes away quickly during those first six months, but my wife is kinda 'strong minded / strong willed' :yes: ...and that was tough on her...

Of course, now she is exercising the entire 'land of the free' motto of the USA to the fullest each and every day! :yes: ...and has completely forgotten about her 'imprisonment' during those first six months :rofl:

Peace to all, and blessings on your upcoming 'big days!'

MarkNAAm

Yeah, Thanti and I have talked about that week when I go to Brazil. In fact, if she has interview complications and is unable to fly at the start of July, we'll postpone her travel from Thailand until after I've returned from Brazil in August. We don't want her to arrive in the US just days before I leave.

There are several options we've considered. One is that she'll just stay in our home (sounds great to say "our" :blush: ) in Chicago. The other option is that she may go out of town to one of several friends in Denver or Florida. We haven't decided yet.

Hey Ron, what part of Chicago, if I may ask? I'm from Chicago myself (only left there 4 1/2 years ago to take a job in Madison). My entire family is still in Chicago though.

K1: 01/15/2009 (mailed I-129F) - 06/23/2009 (visa received)

AOS: 08/08/2009 (mailed I-485, I-765, & I-131) - 10/29/2009 (received GC)

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hey Brother UsCandual,

Your plans sound great, and I agree with your thinking...its worth a $250 dollar role of the dice...no biggie, especially after all you've both been through :thumbs:

That is also fantastic news that you'll be heading down to Brazil to see the kiddos in July! :thumbs: That is very important! Does Thanti know that she'll be 'alone' in the USA during that time? :huh: That might be tough on the both of you...which...is one of the crappy drawbacks of immigration...after all that you will have gone through to bring her here, she'll still not be able to go with you to visit your own kids!

I remember my wife once said that she was very happy here, but that she felt a bit like a 'prisoner' during her first six months of so in the USA. She couldn't drive, couldn't work, and couldn't leave the country! All that passes away quickly during those first six months, but my wife is kinda 'strong minded / strong willed' :yes: ...and that was tough on her...

Of course, now she is exercising the entire 'land of the free' motto of the USA to the fullest each and every day! :yes: ...and has completely forgotten about her 'imprisonment' during those first six months :rofl:

Peace to all, and blessings on your upcoming 'big days!'

MarkNAAm

Yeah, Thanti and I have talked about that week when I go to Brazil. In fact, if she has interview complications and is unable to fly at the start of July, we'll postpone her travel from Thailand until after I've returned from Brazil in August. We don't want her to arrive in the US just days before I leave.

There are several options we've considered. One is that she'll just stay in our home (sounds great to say "our" :blush: ) in Chicago. The other option is that she may go out of town to one of several friends in Denver or Florida. We haven't decided yet.

UsCandual,

Sounds like a great plan. I really hope/pray that Thanti will be in the USA for the 4th of July. AAm arrived on April 11th, 2007, so she had been here almost 3 months when I took her to see her first 4th of July fireworks show. Like most non-Americans, she didn't realize that we had fireworks to celebrate our Independence Day. However, back to the point, I saw a real change in AAm's eyes and 'aura' when we went and enjoyed the fireworks show. I think it was at that point that she first really 'relaxed' and felt a part of our great country. It was a wonderful evening, one that I'll never forget... :thumbs:

Peace Brothers!

MarkNAAm

“Acquire the spirit of peace, and a thousand souls around you will be saved.” - Saint Seraphim of Sarov

49893.gif

"The love of one’s country is a splendid thing. But why should love stop at the border?” - Pablo Casals

UsCandual,

BTW - If Denver or Florida don't work out, you can always send Thanti over to the DC area to hang out with AAm and I. We'd love to have her over, and AAm can give her a guided tour of ObamaNation...with all the frills. <HAHA!> We were just at the Lincoln Memorial last weekend...AAm loves it around the Capitol Building and the grounds. I have to admit...you all need to bring your Thai wives this way at least once. I can judge from AAm's reaction that she really appreciated the USA more once we'd been to DC! (just stay away from the bad 'hoods! <haha>)

DC reminded her a bit of Bangkok, because there is the impresive Lincoln Memorial (a true 'USA Temple'...think Wat PO of the USA <haha>), and there are lots of people outside walking everywhere....

Peace Brother,

MarkNAAm

“Acquire the spirit of peace, and a thousand souls around you will be saved.” - Saint Seraphim of Sarov

49893.gif

"The love of one’s country is a splendid thing. But why should love stop at the border?” - Pablo Casals

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline
UsCandual,

BTW - If Denver or Florida don't work out, you can always send Thanti over to the DC area to hang out with AAm and I. We'd love to have her over, and AAm can give her a guided tour of ObamaNation...with all the frills. <HAHA!> We were just at the Lincoln Memorial last weekend...AAm loves it around the Capitol Building and the grounds. I have to admit...you all need to bring your Thai wives this way at least once. I can judge from AAm's reaction that she really appreciated the USA more once we'd been to DC! (just stay away from the bad 'hoods! <haha>)

DC reminded her a bit of Bangkok, because there is the impresive Lincoln Memorial (a true 'USA Temple'...think Wat PO of the USA <haha>), and there are lots of people outside walking everywhere....

Peace Brother,

MarkNAAm

Instead of a reclining Buddha, we have a seated Lincoln :P

Thanks for the invite, Mark. We'll certainly keep it in mind :D

Hey Ron, what part of Chicago, if I may ask? I'm from Chicago myself (only left there 4 1/2 years ago to take a job in Madison). My entire family is still in Chicago though.

I live in Villa Park. That's i the Western suburbs, wedged between Elmhurst and Lombard.

I'm a recent transplant here myself. I just moved here in October.

Madison is not too far... maybe we'll take a trip up there this summer

Timeline
Just for anyone who cares. Lisa got approved for her green card this last Friday. Interview went well (its in the AOS reviews section).

Hi shawndoc. I'm afraid I haven't seen you around before (I've only been on the Thai side of the board for a few months) but congrats to you and your wife. I hope to be in your position in the future. Best of luck in whatever comes next (removing conditions/10 year GC I think).

-Ray

K1: 01/15/2009 (mailed I-129F) - 06/23/2009 (visa received)

AOS: 08/08/2009 (mailed I-485, I-765, & I-131) - 10/29/2009 (received GC)

Timeline

I'm thinking about getting Chada an AT&T prepaid SIM card to put into her phone (it works on our networks) so she can call me before she enters POE and may possibly be able to call if she gets hung up in POE. Prices seem reasonable at $1 each day you use the phone and free calling to other AT&T customers.

Has anyone thought about getting their girls a phone for POE and afterwards?

Any idea if an AT&T prepaid sim is available for purchase in Bangkok or someplace on the net that will deliver to Bangkok?

Timeline
I'm thinking about getting Chada an AT&T prepaid SIM card to put into her phone (it works on our networks) so she can call me before she enters POE and may possibly be able to call if she gets hung up in POE. Prices seem reasonable at $1 each day you use the phone and free calling to other AT&T customers.

Any idea if an AT&T prepaid sim is available for purchase in Bangkok or someplace on the net that will deliver to Bangkok?

I just increased my phone plan to a family plan and added unlimited text messaging. I think it is an additional 20.00 a month, on ATT.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

I bought my wife a cell phone to use for that purpose. Unfortunately at LAX you aren't supposed to use your phone until you leave customs. Which is probably for the best as I couldn't get a signal in the waiting area anyway.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

I already sent my wife her sim card. i went to a family plan on t-mobile. the price went from 60 dollars to about 95 but i also put txt messaging and international discounted calling on her line and i got a line for my oldest boys phone with txt messaging. after my wife gets here i'll turn off the international discounted calling on my line. so it's not a bad deal i guess. I sent the sim card to her when i sent the last of our proof of relationship. if you have time you can send it to her express mail and it'll get there in about 5 days.

Edited by will92104

USCIS

08/21/2008- Mailed I-130 today

08/23/2008- I-130 recieved at chicago lock box

08/27/2008- NOA1 notice date

01/05/2009- recieved NOA2 approval e-mail from CRIS

NVC

2009-01-16 : NVC Received and Case Number Assigned (don't know exact date)

2009-01-16 : DS-3032 and AOS bill generated

2009-01-25 : DS-3032 sent (by e-mail)

2009-01-28 : AOS bill invoiced (paid online)

2009-02-02 : AOS bill PAID and cover sheet printed

2009-02-02 : AOS package sent to NVC (sent overnight)

2009-01-29 : DS-3032 Choice of Agent accepted

2??? : AOS entered into NVC system (NVC recieved AOS 03-feb-2009)

2009-02-01 : IV bill invoiced(paid online)

2009-02-03 : IV bill PAID and cover sheet printed

2009-02-23 : Medical completed

2009-03-13: DS-230 and Packet 3 sent to NVC

2009-03-17: DS-230 and packet 3 recieved by NVC

2009-03-27: RFE to correct a date on DS-230

2009-03-30: Corrected DS-230 recieved by NVC

2009-04-06 : case complete at NVC

Embassy

2009-05-01 : Forward the case to Embassy in Bangkok, Thailand

2009-06-03 : Interview at Embassy APPROVED!!!

Timeline
Good news !

My visa got approved today. I will pick up visa on Friday at 3 pm.

Congrats!!! :thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

K-1 Timeline

11-29-05: Mailed I-129F Petition to CSC

12-06-05: NOA1

03-02-06: NOA2

03-23-06: Interview Date May 16

05-17-06: K-1 Visa Issued

05-20-06: Arrived at POE, Honolulu

07-17-06: Married

AOS Timeline

08-14-06: Mailed I-485 to Chicago

08-24-06: NOA for I-485

09-08-06: Biometrics Appointment

09-25-06: I-485 transferred to CSC

09-28-06: I-485 received at CSC

10-18-06: AOS Approved

10-21-06: Approval notice mailed

10-23-06: Received "Welcome Letter"

10-27-06: Received 2 yr Green Card

I-751 Timeline

07-21-08: Mailed I-751 to VSC

07-25-08: NOA for I-751

08-27-08: Biometrics Appointment

02-25-09: I-751 transferred to CSC

04-17-09: I-751 Approved

06-22-09: Received 10 yr Green Card

N-400 Timeline

07-20-09: Mailed N-400 to Lewisville, TX

07-23-09: NOA for N-400

08-14-09: Biometrics Appointment

09-08-09: Interview Date Oct 07

10-30-09: Oath Ceremony

11-20-09: Received Passport!!!

Good news !

:thumbs: Congratulations !!!

:innocent: ** Update **

4 friends from thaiwebsite had the interview today

2 in the morning and other 2 in the afternoon

got report from 2 ladies in the morning both are approved and pick the visa 3 pm. Friday

everything went smoothly 8-10 simply Qs with the kind lady not HIM

:star: Good sign for all

~*~ CHR.+CHW.=AF ~*~

Timeline
Good news !

got report from 2 ladies in the morning both are approved and pick the visa 3 pm. Friday

Awesome, we had interview on June 8th, Super cool lady and Thai assistant picking up Visa Wednesday 3pm jumping on a flight back to LAX thursday.....I'm going back to Cali, Cali, Cali....I'm going back to Cali....with my beauti-full fiance....who is 7 months pregnant with our 1st child.....who will be born on US soil....and have a US passport.....what a relief....

Everyone who is waiting.....R-E-L-A-X....trust me...after 4 months of useless stress trying to control the uncontrolable

I've realized that the Power of Omnipresent Good ALWAYS gives me what I need.....

Good news !

I think the nice lady handles the English speaking interviews. Unfortunately my Fiance can only speak Thai and will probably have it with the mean guy if he handles the Thai interviews. I hope at least he is proficient in Thai.

03/26/2009: NVC in
04/08/2009: Learned we are being screened for Additional Processing 'AP'
05/09/2009: Arrived at the US consulate in Bangkok
05/15/2009: Medical Passed
05/20/2009: Packet 3 received
05/21/2009: Packet 3 returned

07/08/2009: Interview
07/08/2009: issued 221(g) due to proof of single status document missing a stamp
07/20/2009: Resubmitted document with missing stamp. Accepted
07/23/2009: Visa issued

07/28/2009: POE JFK
07/31/2009: Married
09/02/2009: AOS submitted
09/10/2009 NOA1
09/25/2009: Case Transfered to CSC
10/13/2009 Biometrics
10/26/2009: Received EAD card
11/30/2009: RFE Delayed Birth Registration
12/31/2009: USCIS receives RFE reply
1/07/2010: Green Card Delivered
1/15/2010: Green Card Arrived

10/10/2011: Mailed in I-751 to remove conditions
10/20/2011: NOA1
11/28/2011: Biometrics
03/29/2012: RFE USCIS wants more proof of a bona fide relationship
04/03/2012: USCIS receives RFE reply
04/10/2012: Approval Letter
5/18/2012: Email notice that Green Card is being produced
5/24/2012: Green Card Arrived

10/07/14: N-400 mailed

11/12/14: Biometrics

12/5//14: In Line

03/25/15: Naturalization Ceremony: Journey Complete

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.