HYENA

SAWASDEE 3 (2009 Thai thread restarted)

3,311 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

Congratulations Will! Seems like whatever dark cloud hovered over the BNK embassy has now passed.

Less than 2 days after sending an email inquiring into how come others who returned paperwok after us were getting interviews before us, my fiancée got an email stating that her interview shall be on June 18th at 1 pm as well. Looks like our ladies shall be going in together Ron. They never did get back to me, but I don't mind in the least: it seems like they acted on my email and that's all that counts. Should be duly noted that emailing may assist the process and any future petitioners should be recommended to do so throughout the process.

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline
ok, they only asked 4 questions. what is your husbands name? how did we meet? how long ago did we meet? and what does your husband do for work?

It was a white lady asking questions. After the questions the lady said "ok" and then she gave my wife a slip of paper telling her to go pick up her visa on the 5th at 3 o'clock.

oh they also asked how many times i have been to thailand.

Edited by will92104

USCIS

08/21/2008- Mailed I-130 today

08/23/2008- I-130 recieved at chicago lock box

08/27/2008- NOA1 notice date

01/05/2009- recieved NOA2 approval e-mail from CRIS

NVC

2009-01-16 : NVC Received and Case Number Assigned (don't know exact date)

2009-01-16 : DS-3032 and AOS bill generated

2009-01-25 : DS-3032 sent (by e-mail)

2009-01-28 : AOS bill invoiced (paid online)

2009-02-02 : AOS bill PAID and cover sheet printed

2009-02-02 : AOS package sent to NVC (sent overnight)

2009-01-29 : DS-3032 Choice of Agent accepted

2??? : AOS entered into NVC system (NVC recieved AOS 03-feb-2009)

2009-02-01 : IV bill invoiced(paid online)

2009-02-03 : IV bill PAID and cover sheet printed

2009-02-23 : Medical completed

2009-03-13: DS-230 and Packet 3 sent to NVC

2009-03-17: DS-230 and packet 3 recieved by NVC

2009-03-27: RFE to correct a date on DS-230

2009-03-30: Corrected DS-230 recieved by NVC

2009-04-06 : case complete at NVC

Embassy

2009-05-01 : Forward the case to Embassy in Bangkok, Thailand

2009-06-03 : Interview at Embassy APPROVED!!!

Timeline
About the vaccinations Chada did confirm the paper is outside the envelope...

Yes it is, and you don't need to bring that to the embassy, we didn't bring ours and was never asked for it. I am fairly certain they also put the vaccinations on a form in the sealed envelope.

Timeline

Any suggestions for Bangkok travel agents? I recall someone giving an email address of an agent near Khao San Rd. they recommended. Any others? If things go smoothly and the fiancée has her visa on June 22nd, I'd like for her to buy the plane ticket that day.

She may try to be here for the 4th of July.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

I'm pretty sure this is the one that was posted. Let us know what they say> Korean Airlines is awesome if they fly to your city.

Travex Travel Agency

86 Soi Langsuan

Ploenchit Road,

Pathumwan,

Bangkok 10330

Thailand

Phone (662) 638-1600 Ext. 114

Fax (662) 652-1033

E-mail airticket@travexnet.com

Website http://www.travexnet.com

Congratulations Will! Seems like whatever dark cloud hovered over the BNK embassy has now passed.

Less than 2 days after sending an email inquiring into how come others who returned paperwok after us were getting interviews before us, my fiancée got an email stating that her interview shall be on June 18th at 1 pm as well. Looks like our ladies shall be going in together Ron. They never did get back to me, but I don't mind in the least: it seems like they acted on my email and that's all that counts. Should be duly noted that emailing may assist the process and any future petitioners should be recommended to do so throughout the process.

For some reason they have been completely ignoring my emails. I'm just simply asking if they got my papers or not. I am in Bangkok but I don't know if I can go there and ask or not. I think they are a bunch of incompetent fools over there but me going there could make matters worse.

03/26/2009: NVC in
04/08/2009: Learned we are being screened for Additional Processing 'AP'
05/09/2009: Arrived at the US consulate in Bangkok
05/15/2009: Medical Passed
05/20/2009: Packet 3 received
05/21/2009: Packet 3 returned

07/08/2009: Interview
07/08/2009: issued 221(g) due to proof of single status document missing a stamp
07/20/2009: Resubmitted document with missing stamp. Accepted
07/23/2009: Visa issued

07/28/2009: POE JFK
07/31/2009: Married
09/02/2009: AOS submitted
09/10/2009 NOA1
09/25/2009: Case Transfered to CSC
10/13/2009 Biometrics
10/26/2009: Received EAD card
11/30/2009: RFE Delayed Birth Registration
12/31/2009: USCIS receives RFE reply
1/07/2010: Green Card Delivered
1/15/2010: Green Card Arrived

10/10/2011: Mailed in I-751 to remove conditions
10/20/2011: NOA1
11/28/2011: Biometrics
03/29/2012: RFE USCIS wants more proof of a bona fide relationship
04/03/2012: USCIS receives RFE reply
04/10/2012: Approval Letter
5/18/2012: Email notice that Green Card is being produced
5/24/2012: Green Card Arrived

10/07/14: N-400 mailed

11/12/14: Biometrics

12/5//14: In Line

03/25/15: Naturalization Ceremony: Journey Complete

Timeline
For some reason they have been completely ignoring my emails. I'm just simply asking if they got my papers or not. I am in Bangkok but I don't know if I can go there and ask or not. I think they are a bunch of incompetent fools over there but me going there could make matters worse.

I did not include this in the former post, but of course I also recommend that all correspondence be concise and polite: I believe that was also part of my success. I refused to email the embassy until my fiancée changed her attitude. At first she was angry about the wait and others receiving dates before us. I told her "I am happy to email the embassy, but I will not do so from such an energy." I did not email them out of anger or indignation, rather from a place of willingness. Energy or intention behind our acts is the single most critical factor in all endeavors. I really like that guy, Cesar Milan who has the show "Dog Whisperer" because he recognizes this as well. He teaches the humans to come from an energy of acceptance, willingness, courage, and the dogs respond to that. In each episode he admonishes "It's not what you are saying or doing. It's that silent energy you are projecting."

With all due respect sir, your previous post underscores the energy you are presently projecting. There is much going on within the walls of the embassy that none of us are privy to. You may find a higher degree of success and happiness if you change the way you see the situation. I do wish you all the best.

I did not include this in the former post, but of course I also recommend that all correspondence be concise and polite: I believe that was also part of my success. I refused to email the embassy until my fiancée changed her attitude. At first she was angry about the wait and others receiving dates before us. I told her "I am happy to email the embassy, but I will not do so from such an energy." I did not email them out of anger or indignation, rather from a place of willingness. Energy or intention behind our acts is the single most critical factor in all endeavors. I really like that guy, Cesar Milan who has the show "Dog Whisperer" because he recognizes this as well. He teaches the humans to come from an energy of acceptance, willingness, courage, and the dogs respond to that. In each episode he admonishes "It's not what you are saying or doing. It's that silent energy you are projecting."

With all due respect sir, your previous post underscores the energy you are presently projecting. There is much going on within the walls of the embassy that none of us are privy to. You may find a higher degree of success and happiness if you change the way you see the situation. I do wish you all the best.

I and many of us have every right to be angry given the way we are treated. If I just let customer files and emails sit for weeks I would lose my job. However Take a look at the content of my email shown below and if there is something I could have done better I'd be happy to make changes. I have done some venting on this board but at no point did I ever exercise anything but the utmost professionalism in trying to get a response. It's being ignored or being told false information that has me steamed.

Sent: Tuesday, May 25th, 2009 11:12 AM

To: 'Visasbkk@state.gov'

Subject: IV Unit Inquiry Case # BNK2009XXXXXX

Hello,

I received packet 3 on May 20th and returned it to the US Embassy on May 21st. Have you received my packet 3 and has my Fiance been scheduled for an interview? Her information is below.

My Fiance

Case # BNK2009XXXXXX

I-29f K1 petition

Thank you,

me

Edited by wasabi

07/08/2009: issued 221(g) due to proof of single status document missing a stamp

09/10/2009 NOA1
10/13/2009 Biometrics

Timeline

From the Bangkok Embassy's website:

We hope the above information has helped answer your questions.

If after looking through the material above and the links we provided, you still have questions regarding a case pending at the U.S. Embassy in Bangkok, please see our contact instructions below:

• Please send an additional email to visasbkk@state.gov with the following information

• Subject Line

1. Must contain the words “Inquiry”

2. Case Number: Include the case number (with prefix of BNK)

3. Applicant’s surname: include in the subject line.

Text of Message: Include the full name of the petitioner, applicant, type of visa, nationality of applicant (Thai or other) and your contact information in the first paragraph. Follow this with your specific concerns in the subsequent paragraphs.

http://bangkok.usembassy.gov/immigrant_vis...-questions.html

Timeline
Looks like our ladies shall be going in together Ron.

Am I Ron, or is there some other person named Ron who also has an interview at this date/time?

K1: 01/15/2009 (mailed I-129F) - 06/23/2009 (visa received)

AOS: 08/08/2009 (mailed I-485, I-765, & I-131) - 10/29/2009 (received GC)

Timeline
my fiancée got an email stating that her interview shall be on June 18th at 1 pm as well. Looks like our ladies shall be going in together Ron.

:dance: :dance: Congrats Pete!!!! :dance: :dance: That's great news!

If you meant me (my name is Ron), then no - our interview is on June 29.

Any suggestions for Bangkok travel agents? I recall someone giving an email address of an agent near Khao San Rd. they recommended. Any others? If things go smoothly and the fiancée has her visa on June 22nd, I'd like for her to buy the plane ticket that day.

She may try to be here for the 4th of July.

The website I've been using is http://www.asiatravel.net/flights.html The best I'm currently getting is a connection on Delta via Seoul for about $1000 (oneway). A few months ago I was routinely getting one-way quotes in the $6-700 range. Oh well. Yet one more cost to the delays.

Thanti also called the agency daboyz recommended, which Danny listed here yesterday.

I am tempted to book a flight for July 7 on the theory that if she passes the interview on June 29, that's a week for them to issue the visa. Even if they issue her a 221g for more documentation, hopefully we could still submit it on the Wed July 1st and get the visa in time to fly on the 7th. My concerns are (1) the holiday weekend (2) if there are longer delays. So I don't want to book a flight unless I can make changes. I'm guessing that many of us are going through very similar mental calculations right now. I'm curious as to what everyone's thoughts are: wait till the visa is in the passport before booking a flight? Book now and hope for the best? How many days after interview to schedule the flight, allowing for possible 221g? What'up, all?

I and many of us have every right to be angry given the way we are treated. If I just let customer files and emails sit for weeks I would lose my job. However Take a look at the content of my email shown below and if there is something I could have done better I'd be happy to make changes. I have done some venting on this board but at no point did I ever exercise anything but the utmost professionalism in trying to get a response. It's being ignored or being told false information that has me steamed.

Sent: Tuesday, May 25th, 2009 11:12 AM

To: 'Visasbkk@state.gov'

Subject: IV Unit Inquiry Case # BNK2009XXXXXX

Wasabi, I think your email is fine. It's professional, polite, and to the point. It may not have literally and strictly followed the standard on their webpage, but all the pertinent information was there. I would feel angry in your position too. Even though we now have an interview and are excited about that, I am STILL angry about the shoddy treatment we received throughout this process. Feel free to vent here to us - we understand your frustration and you are among friends here. Good luck!

Looks like our ladies shall be going in together Ron.

Am I Ron, or is there some other person named Ron who also has an interview at this date/time?

Well, it's not me... I am Ron but that's not our date.

Good luck ALL!! Hopefully everyone of us has our loved one here in the USA within the next couple of months!

Timeline
I am tempted to book a flight for July 7 on the theory that if she passes the interview on June 29, that's a week for them to issue the visa. Even if they issue her a 221g for more documentation, hopefully we could still submit it on the Wed July 1st and get the visa in time to fly on the 7th. My concerns are (1) the holiday weekend (2) if there are longer delays. So I don't want to book a flight unless I can make changes. I'm guessing that many of us are going through very similar mental calculations right now. I'm curious as to what everyone's thoughts are: wait till the visa is in the passport before booking a flight? Book now and hope for the best? How many days after interview to schedule the flight, allowing for possible 221g? What'up, all?

I was tempted to buy a round-trip as well, especially since they seem to be not much more expensive than a one-way. I ended up only getting a one-way. I paid $900 for a one-way leaving June 13th. I decided that there will be enough stress on this trip as it is, I didn't want to worry about changing the date on a round-trip and potentially losing it altogether if I couldn't get another seat later on for Kat. I opted for buying he ticket either after she is approved or after she has the visa in her hand. If I'm there and just in a holding pattern/waiting for visas and for Kat to pack her stuff, I can work over the internet.

Edited by rsn

I was tempted to buy a round-trip as well, especially since they seem to be not much more expensive than a one-way. I ended up only getting a one-way. I paid $900 for a one-way leaving June 13th. I decided that there will be enough stress on this trip as it is, I didn't want to worry about changing the date on a round-trip and potentially losing it altogether if I couldn't get another seat later on for Kat. I opted for buying he ticket either after she is approved or after she has the visa in her hand. If I'm there and just in a holding pattern/waiting for visas and for Kat to pack her stuff, I can work over the internet.

rsn I have been told if you do not have a visa allowing you to enter Thailand than one-way flights are not permitted. I'm not talking about the visa on arrival for 30 days you will receive when you get here. I have been living in Thailand for a year and a have been studying Thai while here. I came here on a one-way ticket. At the airport in San Francisco they did ask why I had a one-way ticket I had to show them my ED visa to be allowed to board. I am not saying it's impossible to board with a one-way ticket but you may want to get a 60 day tourist visa from the Thai Consulate just to be safe. If you have questions about this thaivisa.com is probably the best place to ask.

Also for the board. I saw the posts about needing to follow up with booster shots for immunization vaccines depending on time frames. If my Fiance does so, does she need to bring the entire medical package with her to the hospital or can they just give her a letter that she can attach to the package?

Edited by wasabi

09/10/2009 NOA1
10/13/2009 Biometrics

Timeline

me and my fiance have our interview on friday the 5th they called her on tusday and asked her to come in but i should tell you all to check North west airlines i got a one way for 931 all the way to noth carolina

Timeline
rsn I have been told if you do not have a visa allowing you to enter Thailand than one-way flights are not permitted. I'm not talking about the visa on arrival for 30 days you will receive when you get here. I have been living in Thailand for a year and a have been studying Thai while here. I came here on a one-way ticket. At the airport in San Francisco they did ask why I had a one-way ticket I had to show them my ED visa to be allowed to board. I am not saying it's impossible to board with a one-way ticket but you may want to get a 60 day tourist visa from the Thai Consulate just to be safe. If you have questions about this thaivisa.com is probably the best place to ask.

Also for the board. I saw the posts about needing to follow up with booster shots for immunization vaccines. If my Fiance does so, does she need to bring the entire medical package with her or can they just give her a letter that she can attach to the package?

Hmm. I hope not! I doubt there is time to get a 60 day visa from the embassy over here. I did that once before and it took a while. Anyone else have experience w/ a one-way w/out a visa?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.