HYENA

SAWASDEE 3 (2009 Thai thread restarted)

3,311 posts in this topic

Timeline
I think we will be flying back on July 3 or 4 bnot sure have not locked down the return tickets yet.

I think this is quite optimistic. It usually takes 3 days for them to issue the visa, which would put you on Friday, and the embassy is closed on the 3rd for Independence day and also closed on the 6th for a Thai government holiday. Just food for thought.

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Thailand
Timeline
I think we will be flying back on July 3 or 4 bnot sure have not locked down the return tickets yet.

I think this is quite optimistic. It usually takes 3 days for them to issue the visa, which would put you on Friday, and the embassy is closed on the 3rd for Independence day and also closed on the 6th for a Thai government holiday. Just food for thought.

I arrive the 25th at 3:30 am with one stop in Kiev, Ukraine. I plan to stay 3-4 weeks.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

OH MY GOD

The embassy just called Chada and asked her to come in tomorrow for the interview. Chada said she could not because she was not ready but she didn't want to miss the chance. The lady told her to come in this Thursday at 1:00pm window #5.

Can you believe this? We went from "we will contact you in the near future with a list for more documents" to scheduling an interview 2 business days later. Oh man we are not prepared for this. I'm not for sure how to pull off getting ready in 2 days...

What is going on????

Timeline
OH MY GOD

The embassy just called Chada and asked her to come in tomorrow for the interview. Chada said she could not because she was not ready but she didn't want to miss the chance. The lady told her to come in this Thursday at 1:00pm window #5.

Can you believe this? We went from "we will contact you in the near future with a list for more documents" to scheduling an interview 2 business days later. Oh man we are not prepared for this. I'm not for sure how to pull off getting ready in 2 days...

What is going on????

:o Wow.

I don't know what to say Danny.

I guess this is good news right? I mean, if she's ready?

Good luck!!! Looks like you guys will get here first after all :thumbs:

OH MY GOD

What is going on????

:innocent: Here is my suggestion;

Try to organize the evidence of reletionship as much as you can

Take that chance go to the embassy on the date

Unlucky she will be asked more doc. then you can submit later.

:star: Good Luck

~*~ CHR.+CHW.=AF ~*~

Timeline
OH MY GOD

What is going on????

After reading a lot of your posts I think you guys will be more prepared than you think. I am sure she will do awesome. Good luck, and congrats!!!!

Neil

Click our timeline to view our progress

Disclaimer: Our case was expedited. Do not base your timeline off of this. :)

826666e874.png

ea270d66be.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline
OH MY GOD

What is going on????

I know what you mean. My wife is in bangkok now getting ready to go to her interview the morning of the 3rd. i'm nervous as hell.

USCIS

08/21/2008- Mailed I-130 today

08/23/2008- I-130 recieved at chicago lock box

08/27/2008- NOA1 notice date

01/05/2009- recieved NOA2 approval e-mail from CRIS

NVC

2009-01-16 : NVC Received and Case Number Assigned (don't know exact date)

2009-01-16 : DS-3032 and AOS bill generated

2009-01-25 : DS-3032 sent (by e-mail)

2009-01-28 : AOS bill invoiced (paid online)

2009-02-02 : AOS bill PAID and cover sheet printed

2009-02-02 : AOS package sent to NVC (sent overnight)

2009-01-29 : DS-3032 Choice of Agent accepted

2??? : AOS entered into NVC system (NVC recieved AOS 03-feb-2009)

2009-02-01 : IV bill invoiced(paid online)

2009-02-03 : IV bill PAID and cover sheet printed

2009-02-23 : Medical completed

2009-03-13: DS-230 and Packet 3 sent to NVC

2009-03-17: DS-230 and packet 3 recieved by NVC

2009-03-27: RFE to correct a date on DS-230

2009-03-30: Corrected DS-230 recieved by NVC

2009-04-06 : case complete at NVC

Embassy

2009-05-01 : Forward the case to Embassy in Bangkok, Thailand

2009-06-03 : Interview at Embassy APPROVED!!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

Congratulations Danny!!

I just emailed the embassy asking "How come you said you'd schedule our interview in order and those who returned Packet 3 after us have been receiving interview dates?" I am not not one to rock the boat, but my fiancée is getting quite perturbed and it's more for her.

All the best to you will.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline
Congratulations Danny!!

I just emailed the embassy asking "How come you said you'd schedule our interview in order and those who returned Packet 3 after us have been receiving interview dates?" I am not not one to rock the boat, but my fiancée is getting quite perturbed and it's more for her.

it's understandable, i would be upset to.

USCIS

08/21/2008- Mailed I-130 today

08/23/2008- I-130 recieved at chicago lock box

08/27/2008- NOA1 notice date

01/05/2009- recieved NOA2 approval e-mail from CRIS

NVC

2009-01-16 : NVC Received and Case Number Assigned (don't know exact date)

2009-01-16 : DS-3032 and AOS bill generated

2009-01-25 : DS-3032 sent (by e-mail)

2009-01-28 : AOS bill invoiced (paid online)

2009-02-02 : AOS bill PAID and cover sheet printed

2009-02-02 : AOS package sent to NVC (sent overnight)

2009-01-29 : DS-3032 Choice of Agent accepted

2??? : AOS entered into NVC system (NVC recieved AOS 03-feb-2009)

2009-02-01 : IV bill invoiced(paid online)

2009-02-03 : IV bill PAID and cover sheet printed

2009-02-23 : Medical completed

2009-03-13: DS-230 and Packet 3 sent to NVC

2009-03-17: DS-230 and packet 3 recieved by NVC

2009-03-27: RFE to correct a date on DS-230

2009-03-30: Corrected DS-230 recieved by NVC

2009-04-06 : case complete at NVC

Embassy

2009-05-01 : Forward the case to Embassy in Bangkok, Thailand

2009-06-03 : Interview at Embassy APPROVED!!!

Hello All,

I just joined this site being in the middle of my visa process. My wife just got a phone call today to go to the BKK consolate in a few days for her interview. We submitted Packet 3 on April 20th. Yet she did not get an letter with packet 4, however we already pulled those docs online. My question is, does this sound like common practice? She was told to report to booth 5 in the afternoon :o . Thanks.

Timeline
Hello All,

I just joined this site being in the middle of my visa process. My wife just got a phone call today to go to the BKK consolate in a few days for her interview. We submitted Packet 3 on April 20th. Yet she did not get an letter with packet 4, however we already pulled those docs online. My question is, does this sound like common practice? She was told to report to booth 5 in the afternoon :o . Thanks.

The Packet3/Packe4 processing in Bangkok has been messed up of late. We have one other member (Danny&Chada) who had an experience similar to yours. Namely they got a phone call telling them to come to an interview this week. Meanwhile, others (myself included) have received emails telling us our interviews are scheduled for late June. And yet others (ThaiToUSA) are still waiting to get their interview dates. And all of us have our Packet3 submissions ranging from early April through May.

Moreover, the new Embassy procedure says that they will no longer respond to email inquiries about interview schedules, but rather they are directing people to their website for the schedule. They claim that they will update it every Monday, but it's still stuck on May 20.

Timeline

Thanks to everyone who sent us good wishes. The whole system seems to be huge roller coaster ride and quite unfair to so many people. Because of that I almost didn't post the info because of the what everyone on has been through. I really do wish we all get through without more problems.

Things are really hectic for us now. We have like 48 hours to get our 200+ emails and 200+ pics printed. Thank god I sent the 14,000 entry chat log before we sent in packet 3... For those who think its overkill I agree with you. What's different about Chada and I is that July will be 1 yr for us. We don't have near the time in relationship that 90% of you do so the "proof" is us doing the best we can to mitigate what the interviewing officer might be thinking.

With Chada working the next 2 days there will be little time for her to prepare for the interview questions. Between that and potentially missing something I think our chances of getting a 221g are quite high. The good news is we should have a list of things needed to get the visa by 6AM Thursday.

This is going to be one crazy week...

Timeline

Congratulations to all of you with recent interview dates. :thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

It doesn't matter how you were informed, or who got theirs before whom... just as long as you get your appointment! :)

Remember... this is just the beginning of much more fun to come! :yes:

Permanent Resident Card Production Delays

USCIS is announcing that applicants may experience up to an eight week delay in the delivery of their permanent resident card while we are in the process of upgrading our card production equipment. USCIS Field Offices will be issuing temporary evidence of permanent residence in the form of an I-551 stamp to applicants approved for permanent residence at the time of their interview. You will need to take your passport to your appointment. If you do not have a passport, you must bring a passport style photo and government issued photo identification to receive temporary evidence of permanent residence.

If the application is approved subsequent to your interview or by a Service Center or the National Benefit Center, the applicant should bring the above documents to an INFOPASS appointment to be issued temporary evidence of permanent residence in the form of an I-551 stamp.

Last updated:05/29/2009

K-1 Timeline

11-29-05: Mailed I-129F Petition to CSC

12-06-05: NOA1

03-02-06: NOA2

03-23-06: Interview Date May 16

05-17-06: K-1 Visa Issued

05-20-06: Arrived at POE, Honolulu

07-17-06: Married

AOS Timeline

08-14-06: Mailed I-485 to Chicago

08-24-06: NOA for I-485

09-08-06: Biometrics Appointment

09-25-06: I-485 transferred to CSC

09-28-06: I-485 received at CSC

10-18-06: AOS Approved

10-21-06: Approval notice mailed

10-23-06: Received "Welcome Letter"

10-27-06: Received 2 yr Green Card

I-751 Timeline

07-21-08: Mailed I-751 to VSC

07-25-08: NOA for I-751

08-27-08: Biometrics Appointment

02-25-09: I-751 transferred to CSC

04-17-09: I-751 Approved

06-22-09: Received 10 yr Green Card

N-400 Timeline

07-20-09: Mailed N-400 to Lewisville, TX

07-23-09: NOA for N-400

08-14-09: Biometrics Appointment

09-08-09: Interview Date Oct 07

10-30-09: Oath Ceremony

11-20-09: Received Passport!!!

Timeline

I whipped up a K1 packet 4 checklist from the Bangkok embassy website (they updated their document May/09). Its applicable to a Thai who has not had a previous marriage and no children. It also doesn't include an item for anyones name changes. There is also an embedded link to the original embassy document on the embassy website.

Danny & Chada packet 4 checklist

Timeline
Congratulations Danny!!

Best of luck to all with upcoming interviews!

Like ThaitoUSA, I also sent the embassy an email about the lack of order in assigning these interview dates. The embassy received our packet 3 docs on April 29, and I recently asked them twice to confirm that we are not missing any documents, both times they confirmed this. Also best of luck to all those waiting.

K1: 01/15/2009 (mailed I-129F) - 06/23/2009 (visa received)

AOS: 08/08/2009 (mailed I-485, I-765, & I-131) - 10/29/2009 (received GC)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.