HYENA

SAWASDEE 3 (2009 Thai thread restarted)

3,311 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline
Can you tell us how long between when the received the information they requested to when the notice for the interview date was given?

1. First, n00b, you're supposed to offer congratulations or some-such :bonk:

2. They requested the "missing" document on May 19. They issued the interview date today May 29 (Bangkok time). As far as I'm concerned, they "received the information requested" last Sept! However Thanti did mail it in again immediately on May 20 by EMS so they had it a week ago. But in the email today they claim they received it today, May 29. Liars.

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline
Can you tell us how long between when the received the information they requested to when the notice for the interview date was given?

2. They requested the "missing" document on May 19. They issued the interview date today May 29 (Bangkok time). As far as I'm concerned, they "received the information requested" last Sept! However Thanti did mail it in again immediately on May 20 by EMS so they had it a week ago. But in the email today they claim they received it today, May 29. Liars.

Look what happens.... He get's a date and goes off his rocker.

;)

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : Bangkok, Thailand

Marriage : 2006-11-08

I-130 Sent : 2008-02-22

I-130 NOA1 : 2008-03-10

I-129F Sent : 2008-04-08

I-129F NOA1 : 2008-04-14

I-129F touched: 2008-05-06

I-130 touched: 2008-05-09

I-129F approved 2008-09-05

I-130 approved 2008-09-05

NVC received 2008-09-12

Pay I-864 2008-10-08

Pay IV bill 2008-10-08

Receive Instruction 2008-11-05

Case Complete 2008-11-18

Medical 2009-01-19/20 passed

Receive Pkt 4 2009-01-30

Interview 221g 2009-02-23

Second interview 2009-03-02 Approved

POE DFW 2009-03-07

Received SS card 2009-03-17

Received GC 2009-04-01

Done for 3 years or 10 years. Haven't decided yet.

(I'm going for the IR-1 and blowing off the K-3. Even if it takes an extra couple months, it's worth it to not have to deal with USCIS again)

"Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free, the wretched refuse of your teeming shore. Send these, the homeless, tempest-tost to me, I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"

Note:

Please fill out I-130, wait 6 months for approval, then 3 more months for an interview. (Unless of course we've bombed your country into the stone age, then you qualify for expedited processing.)

Welcome to the USA!!!

Timeline

Glad to see you guys getting your interview dates now! I hope all goes well for you guys. Who else is missing an interview date right now?

Click our timeline to view our progress

Disclaimer: Our case was expedited. Do not base your timeline off of this. :)

826666e874.png

ea270d66be.png

Timeline

Sorry man. Its just such BS to get an email telling you that you have information missing and we will tell you in the "near future" what that missing information is.

Edited by Danny and Chada

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Thailand
Timeline
Sorry man. Its just such BS to get an email telling you that you have information missing and we will tell you in the "near future" what that missing information is.

"Near future" means about a week to me, and I've passed that mark. Guess I'll just wait a little more. :angry:

Timeline
Just checked my e-mail. We have an interview June 30th at 8 am. :thumbs::dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Woohoo!!!! Way to to go!!!! Looks like we're all going in at the same time ... Congrats! :dance: :dance:

Danny.... I gotta believe that with Mike, afisher, me now scheduled, you're gonna get yours too. Keep checking your email... you're going to get it, probably right with us at the end of June. We might as well just charter our own plane to bring our girls home to the USA :lol:

Timeline
Just checked my e-mail. We have an interview June 30th at 8 am. :thumbs::dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

:star::wow: Afisher Congratulations, we got the same date only we're at 07:00... See you their and good luck :dance::thumbs::D:dance:

Edited by girarm

K-1 Visa

San Jose California

Event Date

Service Center : California Service Center

I-129F Sent : 2008-12-16

I-129F NOA1 : 2008-12-30

I-129F RFE(s) :

RFE Reply(s) :

I-129F NOA2 : 2009-03-10

NVC Received : 2009-03-13

NVC Left : 2009-04-20

Consulate Received : 2009-04-20

Packet 3 Received : 2009-05-05

Packet 3 Sent : 2009-05-07

Packet 4 Received : 2009-05-28

Interview Date : 2009-06-30

Visa Received : 2009-07-02

US Entry : 2009-07-04

Marriage : 2009-07-24

Comments : touched 3/9/2009

Administrative Review at NVC

AP@NVC

Free at last left NVC

Embassy says they recieved it on same day it left NVC

Finally Got an Appointment Date Thank God

VISA ISSUED WHOOOOOOOOOOOO

Processing

Estimates/Stats : Your I-129f was approved in 70 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 182 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

Port of Entry Review

Event Date

Port of Entry : San Francisco

POE Date : 2009-07-04

Got EAD Stamp : No

Biometrics Taken : Yes

Harassment Level : 0

Comments : Very fast and very easy... The officer was very friendly and quick, he reminded us to make sure we marrry within the 90 days. total time maybe 10 minutes at most...

Finally got my baby!!! Thank you BKK; POE SFO was great

Congrats to all who have gotten interviews. It seems next to impossible I'll get an interview date in June so I might as well start setting my expectations to July. I sent my Packet 3 on May 21. As of yesterday they claimed they haven't gotten it. Well I just so happened to have sent it registered mail from within Thailand and had the tracking number and name of who signed for it. I replied with this information and suddenly they are very quiet. Maybe I shouldn't have pushed their lie in their face but it's annoying when you know something is true and they tell you otherwise. Right now I'm still waiting for them to acknowledge they even have the packet then I'll start thinking about interview dates.

I have been in Thailand the past year with my Fiance which has been wonderful rather than spending a year apart. I've been married twice and know what that's like. However if the interview won't be until June I may have to leave ahead of her and come back.

03/26/2009: NVC in
04/08/2009: Learned we are being screened for Additional Processing 'AP'
05/09/2009: Arrived at the US consulate in Bangkok
05/15/2009: Medical Passed
05/20/2009: Packet 3 received
05/21/2009: Packet 3 returned

07/08/2009: Interview
07/08/2009: issued 221(g) due to proof of single status document missing a stamp
07/20/2009: Resubmitted document with missing stamp. Accepted
07/23/2009: Visa issued

07/28/2009: POE JFK
07/31/2009: Married
09/02/2009: AOS submitted
09/10/2009 NOA1
09/25/2009: Case Transfered to CSC
10/13/2009 Biometrics
10/26/2009: Received EAD card
11/30/2009: RFE Delayed Birth Registration
12/31/2009: USCIS receives RFE reply
1/07/2010: Green Card Delivered
1/15/2010: Green Card Arrived

10/10/2011: Mailed in I-751 to remove conditions
10/20/2011: NOA1
11/28/2011: Biometrics
03/29/2012: RFE USCIS wants more proof of a bona fide relationship
04/03/2012: USCIS receives RFE reply
04/10/2012: Approval Letter
5/18/2012: Email notice that Green Card is being produced
5/24/2012: Green Card Arrived

10/07/14: N-400 mailed

11/12/14: Biometrics

12/5//14: In Line

03/25/15: Naturalization Ceremony: Journey Complete

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Thailand
Timeline

Woohoo!!!! Way to to go!!!! Looks like we're all going in at the same time ... Congrats! :dance: :dance:

Danny.... I gotta believe that with Mike, afisher, me now scheduled, you're gonna get yours too. Keep checking your email... you're going to get it, probably right with us at the end of June. We might as well just charter our own plane to bring our girls home to the USA :lol:

Yeah, I agree. By Monday we will all have interview dates. Wonder what ever happened to the "missing documents" in P3? I bet that problem will resurface again at the interview.

Either way, I'm flying to BKK a few days before the interview (one way) then I'll buy 2 tickets to NYC after she gets this visa.

One thing that really rubs me wrong about these numbers:

289,065 H1/H2 visas issued.

Only 62,080 K, IR visas issued.

Seems like they are spending most of their time bringing people here to take American jobs.

The one thing that has always gotten to me is the wait time/process for K1/K3 non-immigrant visas (start to finish 6 to 12 months to process for someone who has a US citizen basically vouching for them). But a visitor, with no USC backing them up, can get a visa in Bangkok in 8 days! See here (unless you are currently waiting and prone to acute nausea):

http://travel.state.gov/visa/temp/wait/tem...p;x=87&y=10

No USCIS, no long wait, welcome to USA for 90 days (or longer since student visas are also processed in 8 days!).

In 2008, there were 38,017 B1/B2 visas approved by the BKK embassy. Most of these were issued in less than two weeks. They received an additional 2,011 K1/K3 visas with data already vetted by USCIS and it takes them 2 to 4 months to approve these? Why not treat K1/K3 applicants in a similar fashion as B1/B2s, as USCIS is going to make the final determination anyway as to whether or not they can remain in the USA? Do all the K1/K3 vetting/processing locally with similar criteria as B1/B2. Then complete the "immigrant" portion of the process while in the USA. The only valid argument is that we would have people getting here and then staying illegally without completing the USCIS process. Really? More illegals? Even if 5% of the 40,000 K1/K3s went bad and remained in the USA illegally, those 2,000 are a drop in the 11+ MM bucket of illegals already here. Use the money currently wasted on the overly bureaucratic K1/K3 process to improve our borders and the tracking/deportation of illegals already here. The money would surely be much better spent in this manner with respect to protecting our borders!

OK, dismounting soapbox, rant over.....

I hear you on this one. My DIL certainly didn't understand and thought my son was holding out on her!

Back to wedding planning. I don't have time to be on VJ ... but just had to comment.

Thai Mom

Timeline

Yeah, I agree. By Monday we will all have interview dates. Wonder what ever happened to the "missing documents" in P3? I bet that problem will resurface again at the interview.

Either way, I'm flying to BKK a few days before the interview (one way) then I'll buy 2 tickets to NYC after she gets this visa.

:star::D:D:PI will probably fly into BKK the day after the interview. She will be nervous enough without my nerves getting on hers. Then stay for a week or so go up to Chaiyaphum visit and say good bye to the family. There will probably be some kind of a party, that is my favorite part. Then fly home to sunny and broke San Jose CA and take a long ride on my Harley through the mountains to really try and wash all of this stress and BS out of my system before taking off on the next journey AOS and all the new BS.... I am sure I will see you all on those VJ pages also..... Good luck to all :dance::dance::yes::yes::rofl:

K-1 Visa

San Jose California

Event Date

Service Center : California Service Center

I-129F Sent : 2008-12-16

I-129F NOA1 : 2008-12-30

I-129F RFE(s) :

RFE Reply(s) :

I-129F NOA2 : 2009-03-10

NVC Received : 2009-03-13

NVC Left : 2009-04-20

Consulate Received : 2009-04-20

Packet 3 Received : 2009-05-05

Packet 3 Sent : 2009-05-07

Packet 4 Received : 2009-05-28

Interview Date : 2009-06-30

Visa Received : 2009-07-02

US Entry : 2009-07-04

Marriage : 2009-07-24

Comments : touched 3/9/2009

Administrative Review at NVC

AP@NVC

Free at last left NVC

Embassy says they recieved it on same day it left NVC

Finally Got an Appointment Date Thank God

VISA ISSUED WHOOOOOOOOOOOO

Processing

Estimates/Stats : Your I-129f was approved in 70 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 182 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

Port of Entry Review

Event Date

Port of Entry : San Francisco

POE Date : 2009-07-04

Got EAD Stamp : No

Biometrics Taken : Yes

Harassment Level : 0

Comments : Very fast and very easy... The officer was very friendly and quick, he reminded us to make sure we marrry within the 90 days. total time maybe 10 minutes at most...

Finally got my baby!!! Thank you BKK; POE SFO was great

Hello All!

:thumbs: INCREDIBLE! Wow...Such great news for USCand! Girarm! Fish! :dance:

C'mon Danny...hang in there brother! You know, and we all know, that you're going to be approved soon as well! The good news from these three guys is not only that they have their interviews, but that the Consulate in BKK appears to be 'moving' again! Take heart in that! That is good news for everyone in the pipeline. :thumbs:

I hadn't been in the forum forum yet this week, and I have to admit that I was disturbed by the mood on the forum over the past week's readings because it seemed so 'dark'...and for good reasons...no movement/bogus additional requirements/etc. However, this 'light' has cheered me up, just in time for the weekend! (not to mention that I'm 'working from home' today <haha>)

On our side, we're slowing down the processing of the visa for AAm's daughter. I've got everything ready to send to the NVC for her 'next to last step' before it goes to the BKK embassy for her interview. However, because AAm's daughter is ony 14, her and AAm have decided that they want to 'time' her visa in order that May (AAm's daughter) can finish school, and then come on over. So, it looks like we won't be pressing the issue too much until she's ready to come over around the end of the year. That works for AAm and I also. As you guys know, we just moved to the DC area, and that will give us some time to buy a house/move before she gets here. We're actively searching now...need to get the ObamaCredit of $8000 like USCandual! :yes:

Now, changing topics a bit, let me offer a prime/personal example of how 'twisted' the entire immigration process (though it has been relatively smooth sailing for us) is on one's mentality. Concerning the buying of a house...here are the 'warped/twisted' immigration thoughts that come to my mind....I think to myself, "Hmmm...if we buy the house before the end of summer (in both names), and I get all utilities transfered and one bill from each before Sept (when I file/send in paperwork & evidence for Lifting of Conditions for AAm's 10 year green card), then that will be GREAT/ULTIMATE evidence that we TRULY TRULY TRULY (sappy!) love each other and maybe, just maybe, USCIS will see this evidence and approve our matrimony/life and bless us with the 10 yr gc!" Sigh...I'll be glad when/if I can ever start thinking like a normal married man again....without having to gather 'evidence' to prove it to anyone! I mean, I've got a HUGE box full of various 'evidences' that I've been collecting from the moment AAm got her 2 year green card 18 months ago! I tell ya...its silly! :lol::lol::lol: ...but, of course, worth it! (L):D

God's blessings to all...USCan/Gir/Fish...good luck on the interview prep! Danny, you're next brother! Scott...show brother Danny that good old 'jai dee' of TEXAS and take him out for a few (dozen) Singhas this weekend...

Chok Dee!

MK+JC+AK

“Acquire the spirit of peace, and a thousand souls around you will be saved.” - Saint Seraphim of Sarov

49893.gif

"The love of one’s country is a splendid thing. But why should love stop at the border?” - Pablo Casals

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

Congrats on getting the interview dates! Hopefully ours shall come soon too!

As of May 21, the IV Unit has acknowledged that they received our Packet 3 on April 17 and they have not requested any additional information.

We received the documents and will schedule your interview in order.

I am glad for Mike, but doesn't it seem like they are scheduling out of order if they received his on May 7?

Well, here's to hoping for good news soon!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.