HYENA

SAWASDEE 3 (2009 Thai thread restarted)

3,311 posts in this topic

I just read the new Packet 3 instructions on the embassy website. At the very top it says its OK to have the documents in Thai or English. Any other language needs to be translated. If that is the case why does everyone need to get translation and new seals?

:innocent: Because the MAN is Amrican can not read Thai and his assistant is blind can't find any document in the envelope :devil:

That was good, and the first real laugh in a couple of weeks.... Thank you

:innocent: The pleasure in mine,glad u enjoy :blush:

Watch out. Between all the information and entertainment she might start a fee per post basis. ;)

:idea: Good idea ! so don't forget to pay me 2 pics that you debt :whistle:

~*~ CHR.+CHW.=AF ~*~

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline
Watch out. Between all the information and entertainment she might start a fee per post basis. ;)

:idea: Good idea ! so don't forget to pay me 2 pics that you debt :whistle:

Hmm... do I get a cut of the proceeds of this new business venture? :whistle:

And keep in mind honey that once you are in the US, until you get your EAD you cannot legally work and earn money :whistle: :whistle: So better let all the earnings come to me :devil:

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline
We just got our interview date!

June 29 :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Good luck to all the rest! Hope you guys get yours now too!

Congrats. Maybe they finally put down the Saeng Som and decided to work.

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : Bangkok, Thailand

Marriage : 2006-11-08

I-130 Sent : 2008-02-22

I-130 NOA1 : 2008-03-10

I-129F Sent : 2008-04-08

I-129F NOA1 : 2008-04-14

I-129F touched: 2008-05-06

I-130 touched: 2008-05-09

I-129F approved 2008-09-05

I-130 approved 2008-09-05

NVC received 2008-09-12

Pay I-864 2008-10-08

Pay IV bill 2008-10-08

Receive Instruction 2008-11-05

Case Complete 2008-11-18

Medical 2009-01-19/20 passed

Receive Pkt 4 2009-01-30

Interview 221g 2009-02-23

Second interview 2009-03-02 Approved

POE DFW 2009-03-07

Received SS card 2009-03-17

Received GC 2009-04-01

Done for 3 years or 10 years. Haven't decided yet.

(I'm going for the IR-1 and blowing off the K-3. Even if it takes an extra couple months, it's worth it to not have to deal with USCIS again)

"Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free, the wretched refuse of your teeming shore. Send these, the homeless, tempest-tost to me, I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"

Note:

Please fill out I-130, wait 6 months for approval, then 3 more months for an interview. (Unless of course we've bombed your country into the stone age, then you qualify for expedited processing.)

Welcome to the USA!!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

June 29 :dance::dance::dance::dance::dance:

Excellent news! How did you find out? I see the PDF on their website has not been updated since 5/20.

K1: 01/15/2009 (mailed I-129F) - 06/23/2009 (visa received)

AOS: 08/08/2009 (mailed I-485, I-765, & I-131) - 10/29/2009 (received GC)

Timeline

:rofl::thumbs:

Excellent news! How did you find out? I see the PDF on their website has not been updated since 5/20.

We got an email from them. Here, I'll paste it up so you can see what a "good news" email looks like:

Dear Applicant:

Bangkok’s Immigrant Visa (IV) Unit is ready to begin final processing of the immigrant visa applicant(s) named below in this case. We have scheduled an appointment for a visa interview at the Immigrant Visa section on the date printed below.

Visa Appointment

Date Time

29 Jun 2009 8:00AM

Please read and follow very carefully all of the Appointment Instructions located on the Embassy’s web site at:

http://bangkok.usembassy.gov/immigrant_visas/k_packet4.html

Please pay close attention to the Instructions for Medical Examination required for all intending immigrants and evidence of relationship. Submission of incomplete documents will delay your visa processing. When communicating with this office, please provide your name and case number exactly as shown in this letter.

Upon arrival at the Embassy, the applicant MUST present this e-mail to the receptionist and proceed to Window number 5. Those members of the applicant’s family, listed below, must appear at the Embassy on the above appointment date. If the applicant cannot keep the appointment, please notify the Embassy at visasbkk@state.gov as soon as possible.

Sincerely,

Immigrant Visa Unit

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Thailand
Timeline

:rofl::thumbs:

We got an email from them. Here, I'll paste it up so you can see what a "good news" email looks like:

Dear Applicant:

Bangkok’s Immigrant Visa (IV) Unit is ready to begin final processing of the immigrant visa applicant(s) named below in this case. We have scheduled an appointment for a visa interview at the Immigrant Visa section on the date printed below.

Visa Appointment

Date Time

29 Jun 2009 8:00AM

Please read and follow very carefully all of the Appointment Instructions located on the Embassy’s web site at:

http://bangkok.usembassy.gov/immigrant_visas/k_packet4.html

Please pay close attention to the Instructions for Medical Examination required for all intending immigrants and evidence of relationship. Submission of incomplete documents will delay your visa processing. When communicating with this office, please provide your name and case number exactly as shown in this letter.

Upon arrival at the Embassy, the applicant MUST present this e-mail to the receptionist and proceed to Window number 5. Those members of the applicant’s family, listed below, must appear at the Embassy on the above appointment date. If the applicant cannot keep the appointment, please notify the Embassy at visasbkk@state.gov as soon as possible.

Sincerely,

Immigrant Visa Unit

Wow, that's great news! Congrats. Did they e-mail you or her?

Timeline
:D:D B) (L)(L)Hello all, I guess all that throwing up did the trick..... I got an appointment date for the 30th of June at 7:00 am.... I and Pon got the same exact email as Ron only with the June 30th date.... Woooooo hooooooo I feel so much better and so far no RFE's.... No additional BS paperwork...... Good Luck Ron and thank you for all the support :D:D:P B)

K-1 Visa

San Jose California

Event Date

Service Center : California Service Center

I-129F Sent : 2008-12-16

I-129F NOA1 : 2008-12-30

I-129F RFE(s) :

RFE Reply(s) :

I-129F NOA2 : 2009-03-10

NVC Received : 2009-03-13

NVC Left : 2009-04-20

Consulate Received : 2009-04-20

Packet 3 Received : 2009-05-05

Packet 3 Sent : 2009-05-07

Packet 4 Received : 2009-05-28

Interview Date : 2009-06-30

Visa Received : 2009-07-02

US Entry : 2009-07-04

Marriage : 2009-07-24

Comments : touched 3/9/2009

Administrative Review at NVC

AP@NVC

Free at last left NVC

Embassy says they recieved it on same day it left NVC

Finally Got an Appointment Date Thank God

VISA ISSUED WHOOOOOOOOOOOO

Processing

Estimates/Stats : Your I-129f was approved in 70 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 182 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

Port of Entry Review

Event Date

Port of Entry : San Francisco

POE Date : 2009-07-04

Got EAD Stamp : No

Biometrics Taken : Yes

Harassment Level : 0

Comments : Very fast and very easy... The officer was very friendly and quick, he reminded us to make sure we marrry within the 90 days. total time maybe 10 minutes at most...

Finally got my baby!!! Thank you BKK; POE SFO was great

Timeline

The email was sent to both of us. They had both email addresses on file with our application.

Can you tell us how long between when the received the information they requested to when the notice for the interview date was given?

Timeline
:D:D B) (L)(L)Hello all, I guess all that throwing up did the trick..... I got an appointment date for the 30th of June at 7:00 am.... I and Pon got the same exact email as Ron only with the June 30th date.... Woooooo hooooooo I feel so much better and so far no RFE's.... No additional BS paperwork...... Good Luck Ron and thank you for all the support :D:D:P B)

Congrats Mike!!! That's fantastic!! :dance: :dance: :dance:

Timeline

The email was sent to both of us. They had both email addresses on file with our application.

Can you tell us how long between when the received the information they requested to when the notice for the interview date was given?

Danny sorry I had no request for information, We sent in Pkg 3 on May 7, 2009 and got this notice 20 minutes ago...

K-1 Visa

San Jose California

Event Date

Service Center : California Service Center

I-129F Sent : 2008-12-16

I-129F NOA1 : 2008-12-30

I-129F RFE(s) :

RFE Reply(s) :

I-129F NOA2 : 2009-03-10

NVC Received : 2009-03-13

NVC Left : 2009-04-20

Consulate Received : 2009-04-20

Packet 3 Received : 2009-05-05

Packet 3 Sent : 2009-05-07

Packet 4 Received : 2009-05-28

Interview Date : 2009-06-30

Visa Received : 2009-07-02

US Entry : 2009-07-04

Marriage : 2009-07-24

Comments : touched 3/9/2009

Administrative Review at NVC

AP@NVC

Free at last left NVC

Embassy says they recieved it on same day it left NVC

Finally Got an Appointment Date Thank God

VISA ISSUED WHOOOOOOOOOOOO

Processing

Estimates/Stats : Your I-129f was approved in 70 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 182 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

Port of Entry Review

Event Date

Port of Entry : San Francisco

POE Date : 2009-07-04

Got EAD Stamp : No

Biometrics Taken : Yes

Harassment Level : 0

Comments : Very fast and very easy... The officer was very friendly and quick, he reminded us to make sure we marrry within the 90 days. total time maybe 10 minutes at most...

Finally got my baby!!! Thank you BKK; POE SFO was great

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.