HYENA

SAWASDEE 3 (2009 Thai thread restarted)

3,311 posts in this topic

Timeline

We didn't have any of the official seals put on the documents (there is no need). We just had them translated, the law firm did it for 200 baht for all the documents. They will accept the documents in Thai, but then you have to rely on the girl telling the consular what they say rather then him reading them himself. Also you need to have the Birth Certificate translated for AOS, just easier to do while you are there.

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline
I just read the new Packet 3 instructions on the embassy website. At the very top it says its OK to have the documents in Thai or English. Any other language needs to be translated. If that is the case why does everyone need to get translation and new seals?

Yeah I dont think they need to be English for the interview, but alot of people do it anyway. Probably a good idea to get them translated for AOS.

Also, make sure the Birth Certificate is in line. I have seen a few cases of people getting approved with whatever they had to prove birth at the interview, and then get an RFE for the birth certificate once the tried to adjust status. They had to jump through all kinds of hoops to have their relatives in Thailand get it etc. So if there is any question about the Birth Certificate, better to deal with it now while your SO is still in Thailand

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : Bangkok, Thailand

Marriage : 2006-11-08

I-130 Sent : 2008-02-22

I-130 NOA1 : 2008-03-10

I-129F Sent : 2008-04-08

I-129F NOA1 : 2008-04-14

I-129F touched: 2008-05-06

I-130 touched: 2008-05-09

I-129F approved 2008-09-05

I-130 approved 2008-09-05

NVC received 2008-09-12

Pay I-864 2008-10-08

Pay IV bill 2008-10-08

Receive Instruction 2008-11-05

Case Complete 2008-11-18

Medical 2009-01-19/20 passed

Receive Pkt 4 2009-01-30

Interview 221g 2009-02-23

Second interview 2009-03-02 Approved

POE DFW 2009-03-07

Received SS card 2009-03-17

Received GC 2009-04-01

Done for 3 years or 10 years. Haven't decided yet.

(I'm going for the IR-1 and blowing off the K-3. Even if it takes an extra couple months, it's worth it to not have to deal with USCIS again)

"Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free, the wretched refuse of your teeming shore. Send these, the homeless, tempest-tost to me, I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"

Note:

Please fill out I-130, wait 6 months for approval, then 3 more months for an interview. (Unless of course we've bombed your country into the stone age, then you qualify for expedited processing.)

Welcome to the USA!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline
I just read the new Packet 3 instructions on the embassy website. At the very top it says its OK to have the documents in Thai or English. Any other language needs to be translated. If that is the case why does everyone need to get translation and new seals?

Danny, you're right - the docs don't need to be translated for the interview at Embassy. Thai originals should be fine.

Our thinking was (as Thanti stated) that we will need translations of her birth certificate, name-change etc. here in the US for AOS.

And we figured that doing it right, even it costs a few baht, is worthwhile. So that's why we did the government certification of the translations.

In response to the original question on this matter (I think from Gene), were you scammed? No, it's not a scam. It may not be strictly required, but if you opt to do it the fees being charged appear to be the going rate.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline
We didn't have any of the official seals put on the documents (there is no need). We just had them translated, the law firm did it for 200 baht for all the documents. They will accept the documents in Thai, but then you have to rely on the girl telling the consular what they say rather then him reading them himself. Also you need to have the Birth Certificate translated for AOS, just easier to do while you are there.

I agree with all of the above 100%

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Marriage : 2006-11-08

I-130 Sent : 2008-02-22

I-130 NOA1 : 2008-03-10

I-129F Sent : 2008-04-08

I-129F NOA1 : 2008-04-14

I-129F touched: 2008-05-06

I-130 touched: 2008-05-09

I-129F approved 2008-09-05

I-130 approved 2008-09-05

NVC received 2008-09-12

Pay I-864 2008-10-08

Pay IV bill 2008-10-08

Receive Instruction 2008-11-05

Case Complete 2008-11-18

Medical 2009-01-19/20 passed

Receive Pkt 4 2009-01-30

Interview 221g 2009-02-23

Second interview 2009-03-02 Approved

POE DFW 2009-03-07

Received SS card 2009-03-17

Received GC 2009-04-01

Done for 3 years or 10 years. Haven't decided yet.

(I'm going for the IR-1 and blowing off the K-3. Even if it takes an extra couple months, it's worth it to not have to deal with USCIS again)

"Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free, the wretched refuse of your teeming shore. Send these, the homeless, tempest-tost to me, I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"

Note:

Please fill out I-130, wait 6 months for approval, then 3 more months for an interview. (Unless of course we've bombed your country into the stone age, then you qualify for expedited processing.)

Welcome to the USA!!!

Timeline

All you guys need to stop ripping your employers off and get to work! We are in a recession and you should feel dam* lucky to have a job and a young, hot fiance.

Edited by Danny and Chada

Timeline
Good News,

Just got an email today we have an interview date for my stepson. So it took 5.5 weeks to get the date...!!! thank you

glta

What is the date?????

Are they handing out June dates? July? ....

Please do tell!

:innocent: Because the MAN is Amrican can not read Thai and his assistant is blind can't find any document in the envelope :devil:

~*~ CHR.+CHW.=AF ~*~

Timeline
Good News,

Just got an email today we have an interview date for my stepson. So it took 5.5 weeks to get the date...!!! thank you

glta

What is the date?????

Are they handing out June dates? July? ....

Please do tell!

It is towards the end of June. As you can see on the embassy website the last date already scheduled is 6-19

Timeline

:innocent: Because the MAN is Amrican can not read Thai and his assistant is blind can't find any document in the envelope :devil:

ROFL. Thats a good one!

Timeline

That was good, and the first real laugh in a couple of weeks.... Thank you

K-1 Visa

San Jose California

Event Date

Service Center : California Service Center

I-129F Sent : 2008-12-16

I-129F NOA1 : 2008-12-30

I-129F RFE(s) :

RFE Reply(s) :

I-129F NOA2 : 2009-03-10

NVC Received : 2009-03-13

NVC Left : 2009-04-20

Consulate Received : 2009-04-20

Packet 3 Received : 2009-05-05

Packet 3 Sent : 2009-05-07

Packet 4 Received : 2009-05-28

Interview Date : 2009-06-30

Visa Received : 2009-07-02

US Entry : 2009-07-04

Marriage : 2009-07-24

Comments : touched 3/9/2009

Administrative Review at NVC

AP@NVC

Free at last left NVC

Embassy says they recieved it on same day it left NVC

Finally Got an Appointment Date Thank God

VISA ISSUED WHOOOOOOOOOOOO

Processing

Estimates/Stats : Your I-129f was approved in 70 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 182 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

Port of Entry Review

Event Date

Port of Entry : San Francisco

POE Date : 2009-07-04

Got EAD Stamp : No

Biometrics Taken : Yes

Harassment Level : 0

Comments : Very fast and very easy... The officer was very friendly and quick, he reminded us to make sure we marrry within the 90 days. total time maybe 10 minutes at most...

Finally got my baby!!! Thank you BKK; POE SFO was great

Timeline
Watch out. Between all the information and entertainment she might start a fee per post basis. ;)

It would be well worth it! Thanks for the all info!

We are doing the translation and governement seals, at this point with all the horror stories I want to do everything possible. We should get translations by tomorrow if all goes well and submit packet 3 this weekend, I hope!

So I assumed the embassy held onto all the documents? Or you get them back to use for AOS?

Gene & Nan

K1 Timeline:

2009-01-24 : I-129F Sent

2009-01-30 : I-129F NOA1

2009-03-16 : I-129F NOA2

2009-04-01 : Left NVC

2009-04-23 : Received Packet 3

2009-06-01 : Submitted Packet 3

2009-06-11 : Packet 4 Notification by Email

2009-07-10 : Interview Approved!

2009-07-14 : Picked up VISA

2009-08-04 : POE in Minneapolis

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

One point that had been noted once by a member, I apologize for forgetting who, was that approximately a year ago around the same time, there was a significantly longer wait between the embassy receiving the I-129F and scheduling the interview.

See here: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...e-k1-historical

By June, they were conducting interviews from petitions about 100 days out. By the fall, it bottomed out and has been on the rise since. The analyistical mind loves to find patterns and perhaps we are just riding the cycle. This is not to explain away the other erratic behavior of late, but to contextualize the increased wait we've experienced.

Part of the reason I was lulled into believing that the longest leg was from NOA1 to NOA2 is that the K-1 Flowchart here on VJ states it's about 1 week from returning Packet 3 till the interview date.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...amp;page=k1flow

My father told me today "Don't even begin to feel a bit of concern or anxiety until you say the words 'I do." then get ready for the stress!" I love the way dad puts things.

Timeline
One point that had been noted once by a member, I apologize for forgetting who, was that approximately a year ago around the same time, there was a significantly longer wait between the embassy receiving the I-129F and scheduling the interview.

Part of the reason I was lulled into believing that the longest leg was from NOA1 to NOA2 is that the K-1 Flowchart here on VJ states it's about 1 week from returning Packet 3 till the interview date.

My father told me today "Don't even begin to feel a bit of concern or anxiety until you say the words 'I do." then get ready for the stress!" I love the way dad puts things.

I think all of us were lulled into thinking the same thing. I remember being ecstatic thinking about having her here 10 weeks after NVC. Man on man was I wrong.

Thats an awesome saying from your father. VERY well put!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.