HYENA

SAWASDEE 3 (2009 Thai thread restarted)

3,311 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

Hi Guys,

I have been an avid surfer to this forum and decided to join, you guys have been a great help for us. My wife just completed her case on 05/08/09 :dance:

I was just wondering how long it will take for the US Embassy in Thailand to schedule an interview?

Thanks!!!

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Timeline
Hi Guys,

I have been an avid surfer to this forum and decided to join, you guys have been a great help for us. My wife just completed her case on 05/08/09 :dance:

I was just wondering how long it will take for the US Embassy in Thailand to schedule an interview?

Thanks!!!

In my case I got my interview 3 months after case complete. It seems like other countries IR-1/CR-1 visas get scheduled much quicker than K visas. This is not the case in Bangkok. They seem to schedule the K visas quicker.

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : Bangkok, Thailand

Marriage : 2006-11-08

I-130 Sent : 2008-02-22

I-130 NOA1 : 2008-03-10

I-129F Sent : 2008-04-08

I-129F NOA1 : 2008-04-14

I-129F touched: 2008-05-06

I-130 touched: 2008-05-09

I-129F approved 2008-09-05

I-130 approved 2008-09-05

NVC received 2008-09-12

Pay I-864 2008-10-08

Pay IV bill 2008-10-08

Receive Instruction 2008-11-05

Case Complete 2008-11-18

Medical 2009-01-19/20 passed

Receive Pkt 4 2009-01-30

Interview 221g 2009-02-23

Second interview 2009-03-02 Approved

POE DFW 2009-03-07

Received SS card 2009-03-17

Received GC 2009-04-01

Done for 3 years or 10 years. Haven't decided yet.

(I'm going for the IR-1 and blowing off the K-3. Even if it takes an extra couple months, it's worth it to not have to deal with USCIS again)

"Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free, the wretched refuse of your teeming shore. Send these, the homeless, tempest-tost to me, I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"

Note:

Please fill out I-130, wait 6 months for approval, then 3 more months for an interview. (Unless of course we've bombed your country into the stone age, then you qualify for expedited processing.)

Welcome to the USA!!!

Timeline
3 months!! thats a long time... is there a way to schedule with the embassy directly with for a cr-1 visa???

I'm not sure how it works in Bangkok, but in just about every other consulate, NVC schedules the interview for CR-1/IR-1 visas, and then the K visas get what's left over for the embassy to schedule. Also, there is no packet 3 for CR-1/IR-1, so that theoretically should speed it up as well.

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : Bangkok, Thailand

Marriage : 2006-11-08

I-130 Sent : 2008-02-22

I-130 NOA1 : 2008-03-10

I-129F Sent : 2008-04-08

I-129F NOA1 : 2008-04-14

I-129F touched: 2008-05-06

I-130 touched: 2008-05-09

I-129F approved 2008-09-05

I-130 approved 2008-09-05

NVC received 2008-09-12

Pay I-864 2008-10-08

Pay IV bill 2008-10-08

Receive Instruction 2008-11-05

Case Complete 2008-11-18

Medical 2009-01-19/20 passed

Receive Pkt 4 2009-01-30

Interview 221g 2009-02-23

Second interview 2009-03-02 Approved

POE DFW 2009-03-07

Received SS card 2009-03-17

Received GC 2009-04-01

Done for 3 years or 10 years. Haven't decided yet.

(I'm going for the IR-1 and blowing off the K-3. Even if it takes an extra couple months, it's worth it to not have to deal with USCIS again)

"Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free, the wretched refuse of your teeming shore. Send these, the homeless, tempest-tost to me, I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"

Note:

Please fill out I-130, wait 6 months for approval, then 3 more months for an interview. (Unless of course we've bombed your country into the stone age, then you qualify for expedited processing.)

Welcome to the USA!!!

Thanti went to the post office to inquire about shipping rates to send packages by surface. She's planning to ship some packages to the states by post.The delivery time can take many weeks, even a few months, but if you're not in a hurry to get the goods you could consider mailing things. I don't remember the rates but perhaps Thanti could tell us what she learned at the post office...... she's working really long shifts again so not sure how often she's reading this thread.

I had checked into the option of shipping via the post office. I did some research and had found a bunch of stuff never gets to where it is going. It wasn't much cheaper then DHL/UPS either. Of course DHL/UPS were quite expensive for 20Kg boxes, I want to say 5500 baht.

:innocent: Hi honey !

I asked a staff when I paid for visa fee he said 20 Kg = 34XX ฿ It takes about 2 months.

~*~ CHR.+CHW.=AF ~*~

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline
Hi honey !

"I asked a staff when I paid for visa fee he said 20 Kg = 34XX ฿ It takes about 2 months."

2 words-------GARAGE SALE

Now, why would anyone sell a garage? It took awhile, but one day (after obviously seeing a bunch of garage sale signs on the streets) my wife worked up the nerve to ask me why there were so many garages for sale on the weekends? Gotta love it.

My wife is now part of the garage sale subculture! Well, sort of anyway.

dvd

We're in the same boat. Packet 3 was received just under 30 days ago and no word. We have not tried emailing, as I figured we'd get the same response if any. We have a tentative wedding date set for July 26th, which I had thought would be plenty of time, but am getting more concerned about it as each week passes. I keep checking the embassy's website daily looking for that updated interview schedule. As an optimist and a believer in karma, I trust that no matter what works out, it shall be for the best; although it may not be what I want or expect, it is in the highest good nonetheless. This affords a higher degree of equanimity in facing the vicissitudes of life.

I hear you. It appears that for the past month we've both been vainly refreshing the embassy webpage daily hoping for something new, and seeing only the same Apr 10 date.

apr10.JPG

I took a look at the data in that pdf dated April 10 and graphed it here. I'm thinking that we'll see the floodgates open soon and another batch of interview dates soon.

:unsure:

Edited by BarryBBQ

8-16-08 Met online

3-4-09 Married in Chiang Mai

3-16-09 Filed I-130 "DCF" in Bangkok

3-28-09 Received NOA2

3-31-09 Received Pkg 3

4-2-09 Visit BKK for police clearance

4-3-09 Sent Pkg 3 checklist to BKK

4-7-09 Pkg 3 received by US Embassy in BKK

We never received Pkg 4 by mail but we found out that the interview date was June 22 by sending an email to the embassy

6-22-09 Interview BKK

6-26-09 CR-1 visa received

August 2009, POE LAX

Filed: Other Country: Thailand
Timeline

We looked at shipping a 20 kg box of books and it was going to cost 3468. There is a shipping calculator on the thailandpost website, you can look it up. We ended up taking our two 23 kg bags a piece per air china. And thier overweight fee for 25-32 kgs is only 25 dollars. Over 32 is hundreds of dollars. The tryed to charge me more but I had the website print out. In total I had a 31kg box and a 23 kg bag and my husband had the same thing. Then we packed maximum sized carry on's. About flying through china it was no problem we just couldn't leave the airport. The airport was really nice with cultural shows and an art fair. We looked at an international freight consolidator but I don't remember the quote they gave us.

Hope all is well.

Noi

I-130
22-08-2008 Mailed I-130 from Thailand
17-04-2009 K-3 Interview - Approved: Was Issued CR1!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I-175
02-03-2011 Mailed I-751 from Michigan

3/21/2011- NOA1

4/18/2011-Biometrics

N-400
GC-Date: 5/1/09
Sent: 3/22/16
Cashd: 3/25/16
NOA: 3/25/16
Fprints: 4/22/16
In Line: 4/28/16
Int Ltr: 6/28/16
Interview:
Oath:
Field Office: Detroit

Divorced 11/19/2020

Timeline

Thanks everyone for the support.

animated%20usa%20flag1.gifanimated%20thailand%20flag.gif

Thai Style USA

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Our Links:

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=106...amp;ref=profile

https://www.facebook.com/groups/223365857736847/

https://www.facebook.com/groups/411770628885582/

http://www.thaiworldnetwork.com

Hi honey !

"I asked a staff when I paid for visa fee he said 20 Kg = 34XX ฿ It takes about 2 months."

Now, why would anyone sell a garage? It took awhile, but one day (after obviously seeing a bunch of garage sale signs on the streets) my wife worked up the nerve to ask me why there were so many garages for sale on the weekends? Gotta love it.

dvd

I have to agree with Danny+Chada and dvd. When my wife came from Thailand a couple years ago, it was in April...'opening season' for garage sales. We were living in Michigan at that time. Anyways, my wife only brought over the legal amount of luggage...so I think that was two regular bags...and as you can guess, those bags didn't contain any winter clothes! So, my wife too saw the garage sales here and was completely baffled over what the sam heck that was...but she soon became a HUGE fan of garage sales...and shopped them constantly. She couldn't believe the deals! She bought about 50 sweaters, which ended up costing me only about $100...which is way better than 1 or 2 sweaters for $100...plus, they were all basically new, if not brand new. And in Michigan, you can't live without a lot of sweaters... AAm was amazed at our 'excess'...most of what she bought still had the tags on it, never worn once. She would come home and say, "I bought this sweater for 40 baht. How much would it cost in the store?" I would tell her, "between 2000-4000 baht." :wow: She'd about have a heart attack!!! ;)

Now that we live in Maryland, she's found that they don't have the same 'garage sale fever' that was evident in Michigan...and she really misses that.

Anyways...if you got garage sales...Hit 'em...AAm saved us thousands by going through them...plus she really enjoyed it...and met alot of American that way...

Peace,

MK+JC+AK

“Acquire the spirit of peace, and a thousand souls around you will be saved.” - Saint Seraphim of Sarov

49893.gif

"The love of one’s country is a splendid thing. But why should love stop at the border?” - Pablo Casals

Hi honey !

dvd

I have to agree with Danny+Chada and dvd. When my wife came from Thailand a couple years ago, it was in April...'opening season' for garage sales. We were living in Michigan at that time. Anyways, my wife only brought over the legal amount of luggage...so I think that was two regular bags...and as you can guess, those bags didn't contain any winter clothes! So, my wife too saw the garage sales here and was completely baffled over what the sam heck that was...but she soon became a HUGE fan of garage sales...and shopped them constantly. She couldn't believe the deals! She bought about 50 sweaters, which ended up costing me only about $100...which is way better than 1 or 2 sweaters for $100...plus, they were all basically new, if not brand new. And in Michigan, you can't live without a lot of sweaters... AAm was amazed at our 'excess'...most of what she bought still had the tags on it, never worn once. She would come home and say, "I bought this sweater for 40 baht. How much would it cost in the store?" I would tell her, "between 2000-4000 baht." :wow: She'd about have a heart attack!!! ;)

Now that we live in Maryland, she's found that they don't have the same 'garage sale fever' that was evident in Michigan...and she really misses that.

Anyways...if you got garage sales...Hit 'em...AAm saved us thousands by going through them...plus she really enjoyed it...and met alot of American that way...

Peace,

MK+JC+AK

:idea::rolleyes: Love it !

:devil: Shopaholic is coming, CHR. Do they have also in Chicago?

~*~ CHR.+CHW.=AF ~*~

Timeline
Hi honey !

dvd

Peace,

MK+JC+AK

:idea::rolleyes: Love it !

:devil: Shopaholic is coming, CHR. Do they have also in Chicago?

:wacko::no: No. No garage sales in Chicago. And no other stores here of any kind. Shopping is outlawed in the entire state of Illinois as well as nearby counties of Indiana and Wisconsin. Sorry, you'll just have make do with the stuff you bring from Thailand. :thumbs:

:wacko::no: No. No garage sales in Chicago. And no other stores here of any kind. Shopping is outlawed in the entire state of Illinois as well as nearby counties of Indiana and Wisconsin. Sorry, you'll just have make do with the stuff you bring from Thailand. :thumbs:

:o Sounds pity country ! I think you have no choise to pay 30000 ฿ for 200 Km. :yes:

~*~ CHR.+CHW.=AF ~*~

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.