saunders

Consul returned my passport

43 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Vietnam (no flag)
Timeline

Thank you for all the replies.

I Know that God has reasons for this.

My fiance and I had some misunderstanding.Its not my fault,I know that he is upset, but he needs to control his temper.

if we cannot overcome this problem, its God's will.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

My fiance called USEM this morning to ask status of our case because as I said to your post earlier we Use Co-sponsor but the Consul did not accept it,Since my fiance cant look for a new job because he is still in pain in his surgery., so we ask the help of the congressman, and we found out this morning that our case is under review, I hope that we have some good news for next coming week, I had my Interview last Nov 3,2008 and still waiting,. and also my fiance ask the lady that he spoke on the phone and ask about co-sponsor thing and the lady said that Usually USEM don't allowed Co-sponsor but its still on the CO who will Interview to you the decision if they will accept it or not,. what window you had an Interviewed. Just have faith as you said Everything happen for a reason..

AOS-

09/15/2010 - Sent AOS

09/23/2010 - Receive Text and Email

09/27/2010 - Receive Hard Copy in the Mail (EAD,AP,AOS)

10/13/2010 - RFE on my I-485( waiting the letter on the mail )

10/18/2010 - Biometrics Appointment (touch AOS, EAD at the same day )

10/22/2010 - Sent RFE

10/26/2010 - Touch ( received RFE Under review )

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
My fiance called USEM this morning to ask status of our case because as I said to your post earlier we Use Co-sponsor but the Consul did not accept it,Since my fiance cant look for a new job because he is still in pain in his surgery., so we ask the help of the congressman, and we found out this morning that our case is under review, I hope that we have some good news for next coming week, I had my Interview last Nov 3,2008 and still waiting,. and also my fiance ask the lady that he spoke on the phone and ask about co-sponsor thing and the lady said that Usually USEM don't allowed Co-sponsor but its still on the CO who will Interview to you the decision if they will accept it or not,. what window you had an Interviewed. Just have faith as you said Everything happen for a reason..

I would not expect anything within a week or weeks when your case is under review. Think months, because once under review most people wait a very long time. The good thing is that your petition wasn't denied so at least you are still in the game.

Life..... Nobody gets out alive.

Filed: Country: Vietnam (no flag)
Timeline

I would not expect anything within a week or weeks when your case is under review. Think months, because once under review most people wait a very long time. The good thing is that your petition wasn't denied so at least you are still in the game.

I received letter from my fiance employer indicating his annual income and also a letter from my fiance that his 3 kids are partially dependents to him, he pays child support for them.

And also in support he, provides supporting documents and just in case they will make an inquiry i have co- sponsor , in case they will ask for it.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

That is exactly what I was told too 7 months ago on my interview. IT DEPENDS ON THE CO.The pre screener told me so. I insisted to include my co sponsors papers. I haven't heard of someone who got denied for having a co sponsor.. usually on AR. and that is just lately base on reading here....

We have the same situation, my husband has 3 kids and paying child support. He doesn't have the kids living with him. His income last year is roughly $21k only. Then 06 is just $9k+ since it's just half a year. We didn't have 05 Tax. WE HAVE A CO SPONSOR.. my mother in law. I was granted a visa 6 working days after my interview and I only have one question. I still say it depends on the CO.

To the OP, don't lose hope. Since you said your family is in the US maybe you can use them as the co sponsor. Make a letter that you will not be a public charge. If there are some assets and bank account to support please include it.

God Bless and good luck!

Vida Taylor

Timeline

I received letter from my fiance employer indicating his annual income and also a letter from my fiance that his 3 kids are partially dependents to him, he pays child support for them.

And also in support he, provides supporting documents and just in case they will make an inquiry i have co- sponsor , in case they will ask for it.

I'll include you to my prayers.. Everything will come to pass and you will make it through...

his kids are not totally dependent to him, they live with their mother,and he pays child support.He lives alone, so he dont have custody of the children.

My family is in the US, and I dont want to tell them what happened today.

I need space today, and peace of mind

If they live with his mother, then why did he claim them in his household?

youregonnalovemynutsf.jpg

"He always start the fire here in VJ thread and I believe all people will agree with me about it"

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
his kids are not totally dependent to him, they live with their mother,and he pays child support.He lives alone, so he dont have custody of the children.

That is exactly what I was thinking.

Vida Taylor

My interview is done an hour ago, but the consul returned my passport, and she gave me a paper that I shoyld returned back to the embassy on Monday - Thursday to submit the papers.

Consul said that the income tax is not enough for 5 dependents, 2007 income tax shows that the income is only $15,000 and they need $31,000 for 5 dependents.What should I do now.Pls i really really need your advice on what to do in this matter.

Thank you very Much.I am really confused at this time.

I'm always confused as to why come to the US if the petitioner is not in country. It is a lot less expensive to support a beneficiary in the RP than it is in the US so best stay in the RP for now.

Isn't there some way to keep the K1 active while waiting? I know the visa, once issued, is good for a year, but I'm not aware of any hold/pause period that can be applied.

I know it is a sad time for you - very sorry for the unhappiness that you must be feeling. I hope it works out for you in the end. If you aren't worried that your fiance might change his mind, if you are secure emotionally, unless he has family that is willing to take good care of you and the other dependents, you are likely better off in the RP for now. Living in the US is no walk in the park, that is for sure.

Yes, it is not a good day for me.I just need peace of mind.My fiance keep on telling me that I dont understand him, his kids are not totally dependent to him, they live with their mother,and he pays child support.He lives alone, so he dont have custody of the children.

sorry to hear about this. But if his income is not enough for 5 dependents then he needs to come up with something else to augment his income. even if his kids are not in his custody as long as he is giving child support..kids are still considered dependents of him. in my own opinion K1 are not allowed to have a co-sponsor. God bless you!

Vida Taylor

Since he is paying child support, he is financially(Partially) responsible for them, doesn't matter if they live with their mother and not him. On the I-134, it has the section to list who you are financially responsible for and you have to mark down Wholly or Partially responsible.

"No saan nga makaammo nga nangtaliaw ti naggapuanna, Saan a makadanon ti papananna..."

*04/23/10 - GC recieved in the mail!! d( -_-)b
*07/30/12 - ROC Approved!!
*08/08/12 - 10/yr GC received in the mail!!

Timeline
Thank you for all the replies.

I Know that God has reasons for this.

My fiance and I had some misunderstanding.Its not my fault,I know that he is upset, but he needs to control his temper.

if we cannot overcome this problem, its God's will.

Just do all your best to provide what they are asking from you..With God nothing is impossible..no matter what ,if it is for you it will be still for you..Keep believing.. (L)

Vida Taylor

Yes me too :blink:

You are in my prayers! Please stay STRONG!

<style>body{background-image:url(http://images67.imikimi.com/image/images2_full/19twj-101.gif);background-repeat:no-repeat;}</style>

My interview is done an hour ago, but the consul returned my passport, and she gave me a paper that I shoyld returned back to the embassy on Monday - Thursday to submit the papers.

Consul said that the income tax is not enough for 5 dependents, 2007 income tax shows that the income is only $15,000 and they need $31,000 for 5 dependents.What should I do now.Pls i really really need your advice on what to do in this matter.

Thank you very Much.I am really confused at this time.

I'm always confused as to why come to the US if the petitioner is not in country. It is a lot less expensive to support a beneficiary in the RP than it is in the US so best stay in the RP for now.

Isn't there some way to keep the K1 active while waiting? I know the visa, once issued, is good for a year, but I'm not aware of any hold/pause period that can be applied.

I know it is a sad time for you - very sorry for the unhappiness that you must be feeling. I hope it works out for you in the end. If you aren't worried that your fiance might change his mind, if you are secure emotionally, unless he has family that is willing to take good care of you and the other dependents, you are likely better off in the RP for now. Living in the US is no walk in the park, that is for sure.

Yes, it is not a good day for me.I just need peace of mind.My fiance keep on telling me that I dont understand him, his kids are not totally dependent to him, they live with their mother,and he pays child support.He lives alone, so he dont have custody of the children.

There is the problem. The consul is saying that with his child support payments, he is effectively only making $15,000 a year and that is not enough to support another person.

Edited by Rocky_nBullwinkle

Hokey Smoke!

Rocky: "Baby, are they still mad at us on VJ?"

Bullwinkle: "No, they are just confused."

Timeline
There is the problem. The consul is saying that with his child support payments, he is effectively only making $15,000 a year and that is not enough to support another person.

Oh yeah! I met the 125% of the poverty guideline but the consul said after child support you will only have $12,000 and that is not enough for my fiance and me.

Ray and Arlene

11/2005 Met online

03/2006 Met in person

07/2006 Met in person

10/2006 Met in person

02/2007 Met in person

01/2008 Met in person

02/23/2008 Mailed I-129 to CSC

02/26/2008 I-129 received at CSC

02/28/2008 NOA 1 received in mail........WOW

07/31/2008 Received email saying an RFE was sent

08/02/2008 Received RFE in the mail

08/07/2008 Response to RFE mailed to CSC

08/15/2008 Received email telling response was received

08/20/2008 NOA 2 sent

08/27/2008 NOA 2 received

08/29/2008 Called NVC and was told petition was received and shipped out already

09/10/2008 Paid Delbros

09/22/2008 Medical at St Lukes

10/02/2008 Interview

01/15/2009 Visa Approved

01/20/2009 Visa Received

01/27/2009 Flight to US on Northwest flight #2

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.