KnightAndMagpie

Need Advice on Moving Stuff...

1 post in this topic

Heya, all!

I wanted to start planning my move now because hopefully, my target time to leave will be just after my exams end. It would be kinda crappy to be panicking and stressing about the move on top of my exams, so I've got a couple of questions.

Because it'll be expensive for Knight to come back here and help me with bags, does anyone know how much baggage I can take with me? A friend of mine told me to ask if I can take a sports bag and just stick a few hockey sticks on top and pile a whole lot of stuff underneath. My cat will be coming with me too, and I've spoken to the boarding cattery about organising that and they'll help me through it, but I'm hoping to keep him in the cabin.

Also, does anyone have advice on shipping? I have a lot of heavy books and stuff that I doubt I can really stuff into a suitcase to take with me. I'll be hoping to take the flight to Alaska that goes from here to Frankfurt then directly to Alaska (trust me, going via the US from the UK will take about 22 hours and poor Knight's gone through that four times now from there to here and back).

I've otherwise just got a lot of clothes, maybe three pairs of boots and various pairs of sandals (I tried denying my girlishness but by the look of the shoes, I can't escape it). There's also various little ornamental things but they're pretty sturdy and I can tuck them away in the suitcase.

I know I shouldn't be thinking about this even before they've given me an interview date, but having had Knight here for two weeks and then suddenly not, it helps me get through the days before university again to start planning.

Hugs! Thank you guys for everything!

Magpie.

Upon the mountain of that which would undo us, our banner shall fly highest.

For K-1 timeline, please check our story!

:: Before-AOS Timeline ::

2009-06-16: Received SSN

2009-06-18: Got my degree classification! Got a 2:1 =D.

2009-07-04: Got MARRIED on Independance Day in San Antonio!

:: AOS Timeline ::

2009-08-06: Mailed off our AOS packet!

2009-08-10: USCIS received packet, no NOA1 yet

2009-08-14: NOA1, eeee!

2009-09-08: Walk-in biometrics, all done!

2009-09-15: Got AP, woo + driving permit

2009-09-25: Approved for EAD, waiting for card

2009-09-30: EAD in hand :D

2009-10-16: Received interview letter for 20th October :D

2009-10-20: AOS APPROVED!

2009-10-30: Green card in hand! Weeeeeee!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.