Laura+Tom

The 2009 United Kingdom Interview Thread!

3,097 posts in this topic

Hello,

new to this UK thread. We have our interview on the 24th of April 2009, so yes i'm bricking it, i'm in constant floods of tears, i've thought of every scenario ( good and bad) and I think it become a tiny bit of madness. I would love someone s support through this it seems like few ppl know what its like to miss someone so much that you feel like a dead woman walking. help????

:D Don't worry, you're not alone. It's best if you try and keep yourself busy and try not to over-think about it so you're all perky and bouncy when the interview comes around. I'm on AP (additional processing) myself likely because of issues to do with my birth certificate, but I was otherwise told I was good to go. And trust me, my brain and heart want to explode because I miss my Knight so much -- but it's not that far away at all. :: Hugs :: Trust me, we're all either in the same boat as you or there are those of us who've already been through it! You'll be fine.

Magpie.

Upon the mountain of that which would undo us, our banner shall fly highest.

For K-1 timeline, please check our story!

:: Before-AOS Timeline ::

2009-06-16: Received SSN

2009-06-18: Got my degree classification! Got a 2:1 =D.

2009-07-04: Got MARRIED on Independance Day in San Antonio!

:: AOS Timeline ::

2009-08-06: Mailed off our AOS packet!

2009-08-10: USCIS received packet, no NOA1 yet

2009-08-14: NOA1, eeee!

2009-09-08: Walk-in biometrics, all done!

2009-09-15: Got AP, woo + driving permit

2009-09-25: Approved for EAD, waiting for card

2009-09-30: EAD in hand :D

2009-10-16: Received interview letter for 20th October :D

2009-10-20: AOS APPROVED!

2009-10-30: Green card in hand! Weeeeeee!

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: Other Timeline
Hello,

new to this UK thread. We have our interview on the 24th of April 2009, so yes i'm bricking it, i'm in constant floods of tears, i've thought of every scenario ( good and bad) and I think it become a tiny bit of madness. I would love someone s support through this it seems like few ppl know what its like to miss someone so much that you feel like a dead woman walking. help????

:D Don't worry, you're not alone. It's best if you try and keep yourself busy and try not to over-think about it so you're all perky and bouncy when the interview comes around. I'm on AP (additional processing) myself likely because of issues to do with my birth certificate, but I was otherwise told I was good to go. And trust me, my brain and heart want to explode because I miss my Knight so much -- but it's not that far away at all. :: Hugs :: Trust me, we're all either in the same boat as you or there are those of us who've already been through it! You'll be fine.

Magpie.

Magpie -

I have been following your story because of your situation with a lack of a long-form birth certificate. I was actually reading about your case last week whilst we were in holiday in the UK. In reading your account, I have been unclear as to why you were placed on Additional Processing.

Did the consular officer tell you the issue is with your birth certificate specifically?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
Hello,

Magpie.

Thanks magpie

i do keep myself busy, I try at least. I go to the cinema alot now, shop and decorate. lol I just miss him all the time, it seems like an age before I get to see him. I broke down crying in Tesco thursday night, and its not the first time. lol. luckily my friend was there to help me out. Its all so new and a bit scary to be honest. sorry to hear about your AP, but by the looks of things it wont be long for you at all, think that this time next year it will all be a distant memory for you.

xx

Prima

4650093_bodyshot_300x400_1285472169089.gif

Magpie -

I have been following your story because of your situation with a lack of a long-form birth certificate. I was actually reading about your case last week whilst we were in holiday in the UK. In reading your account, I have been unclear as to why you were placed on Additional Processing.

Did the consular officer tell you the issue is with your birth certificate specifically?

Well, he didn't...all he did say was that they had to do some processing on their end. I was guessing that they could be checking with my hospital of birth, or performing name checks, or the AP could possibly be to follow up on my family issues with the police. I do have a Middle Eastern last name, and I was born in India...having spoken to peeps on the forum, people in my ethnic position have also been placed into AP. Aside from that, I can't think of any other reason for them to do so because I've grown up here from toddler to university student and my police record is spotless.

Thanks magpie

i do keep myself busy, I try at least. I go to the cinema alot now, shop and decorate. lol I just miss him all the time, it seems like an age before I get to see him. I broke down crying in Tesco thursday night, and its not the first time. lol. luckily my friend was there to help me out. Its all so new and a bit scary to be honest. sorry to hear about your AP, but by the looks of things it wont be long for you at all, think that this time next year it will all be a distant memory for you.

xx

Prima

:D Thank you. I'm certainly hoping and praying that it won't take more than two or three weeks to get through. :: Hugs :: We've all had our tearful moments so it's perfectly normal. Just stay peachy and you'll be fine :star:.

Hugs!

Magpie.

Edited by KnightAndMagpie

Filed: Other Timeline
Magpie -

Well, he didn't...all he did say was that they had to do some processing on their end. I was guessing that they could be checking with my hospital of birth, or performing name checks, or the AP could possibly be to follow up on my family issues with the police. I do have a Middle Eastern last name, and I was born in India...having spoken to peeps on the forum, people in my ethnic position have also been placed into AP. Aside from that, I can't think of any other reason for them to do so because I've grown up here from toddler to university student and my police record is spotless.

Ah. Ok.

I'm sure it's just me, but I would have asked what the processing was about. Especially since there was an 'issue' with the birth cert.

Ah. Ok.

I'm sure it's just me, but I would have asked what the processing was about. Especially since there was an 'issue' with the birth cert.

I did give DOS a ring, but they didn't really give me much information. :D I've also sent you a PM.

Magpie.

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
January 2009 Graduates of the US Embassy, London

Jason&Sarah, Hannah+Vito, Mrssmith, ShannonNick, adrianandlinsay, Marmite Lovers!

February 2009 Graduates of the US Embassy, London

Rob&Dawn, Zoe and Hal, Terri and Seb, Talyss, TeeKol

March 2009 Graduates of the US Embassy, London

Stinky Monkey, skparker, Laurence+Lauren, pothergavel, paumanda, texpat cymru, obbynox, jhonscotland, Caminic, Furious Biscuit, ahlpo

April 2009 Interviews

skeez&titanic................K1........................................6th April 2009
SwanTiger....................K1........................................6th April 2009
miss g..........................K1........................................6th April 2009
niniel71........................K1........................................17th April 2009
mr and mrs...................K1.......................................20th April 2009
Stinkerpotsam..............K1.......................................24th April 2009
Marty J..........................K1.......................................24th April 2009
prima and jay................K1.......................................24th April 2009
MARM............................K1.......................................28th April 2009

May 2009 Interviews

H&V..............................K1.......................................15 May 2009

Still waiting for approval

stevi1123.........................................16th October 2008 - Approved pending additional documentation
Marie620..........................................12th January 2009 - Denied
DairyFarmer......................................5th March 2009 - Placed in AP, hopefully not for long
Dave and Jess..................................10th March 2009 ?
The Dip Sticks...................................25th March 2009 ?
jojo_gee...........................................27th March 2009 - Approved pending additional documentation
KnightAndMagpie..............................30th March 2009 - Place in AP, hopefully not for long

Timeline
Hello,

Magpie.

Thanks magpie

xx

Prima

prima we have all been there before, its hard but at least youknow that you are doing something to change the situation,.. just be patient stay positive.. you cant allow yourself to feel or think in a negative way..

Timeline
Hello,

Magpie.

Well thanks to all of you. I was beginning to think that I was the only one going through this and feeling the way I do. I dont think its just the waiting to see him or the up and downness /lack of certainty about the visa process, its " i'm leaving my family" its "i'm not sure I will get a job over there" its "I'm gonna be the odd one out (over there)" all of which i'm ready for but I just dont know where to start to prepare for the difference. All we can do is go one step at a time this I know. Forgive me if it seems i'm a little upset, but this week has been a doozy( at work, and this) just needed to talk about it to ppl that know what its all about.

can someone also tell me if i can use w2's instead of tax returns??

all of your kindness is appreciated, will keep you all posted

xxxxxx

p

Thanks magpie

xx

Prima

prima we have all been there before, its hard but at least youknow that you are doing something to change the situation,.. just be patient stay positive.. you cant allow yourself to feel or think in a negative way..

Hello,

Magpie.

xx

Prima

Well thanks to all of you. I was beginning to think that I was the only one going through this and feeling the way I do. I dont think its just the waiting to see him or the up and downness /lack of certainty about the visa process, its " i'm leaving my family" its "i'm not sure I will get a job over there" its "I'm gonna be the odd one out (over there)" all of which i'm ready for but I just dont know where to start to prepare for the difference. All we can do is go one step at a time this I know. Forgive me if it seems i'm a little upset, but this week has been a doozy( at work, and this) just needed to talk about it to ppl that know what its all about.

can someone also tell me if i can use w2's instead of tax returns??

all of your kindness is appreciated, will keep you all posted

xxxxxx

p

you need tax returns AND w2's for most current year filed (2008, because your interview date is after the tax deadline). and its not a bad idea for previous year's either (say 2006, 2007).

21 oct 08 : i-129F sent / 22 oct 08 : NOA1 / 23 feb 09: NOA2 / 13 mar 09 : rec'd 'packet 3' / 28 mar 09 : rec'd 'packet 4' / 20 apr 09 : interview / 22 apr 09 : passport/visa delivery by courier / 29 apr 09 : POE @ PHL / <3 05 may 09 : married <3 / 06 jul 09 : AOS submitted / 09 jul 09 : NOA for EAD/AP/i-485 / 28 jul 09 : biometrics / 31 aug 09 : AP rec'd / 02 sep 09 : EAD rec'd / 19 oct 09 : conditional green card rec'd

16 jul 11 : i-751 sent to VSC (fedex)

18 jul 11 : fedex confirmed delivery; NOA1 generated

20 jul 11 : NOA1 notice rec'd; check cashed; touch

26 jul 11 : NOA2 generated

28 jul 11 : NOA2 biometrics appt letter rec'd

29 jul 11 : letter req biometrics appt rescheduling sent

09 aug 11 : biometrics appt (could not attend); NOA3 generated

11 aug 11 : NOA3 (rescheduled) biometrics appt letter rec'd

24 aug 11 : biometrics appt

14 oct 11 : conditional green card expiry date

16 nov 11 : filed AR-11 for LPR online

18 nov 11 : mailed i-865 for USC

22 nov 11 : moved house; NOA4 change of address for USC rec'd

13 dec 11 : filed AR-11 for LPR by phone

29 dec 11 : filed hardcopy AR-11 for LPR by mail

18 jan 12 : 6 month mark ROC

05 apr 12 : approval letter rec'd

16 jul 12 : n-400 filing window opens

immediate concerns:

none, immigration-wise.

Thanks for all the warm wishes!

We're approved pending Medical! Yay!

:dance: :dance: :dance:

K-1 Timeline

2009-04-14 : Visa received - WOO-HOO!!!

2009-04-29 : POE - NYC

AOS Timeline

2009-05-05 : AOS sent via USPS

2009-05-15 : All the NOA's for AOS received in mail

2009-06-04 : Biometrics date

2009-06-08 : EAD and AP approved

2009-06-15 : EAD and AP received in mail

2009-06-23 : AOS transferred to CSC

2009-07-03 : Touched

2009-08-15 : Green card production ordered

2009-08 : GREEN CARD HOLDER

ROC Timeline

2011-05-04 : ROC sent via USPS

2011-05-06 : ROC received at VSC

2011-05-24 : NOA1 received

2011-06-27 : Biometrics Appointment

Timeline
you need tax returns AND w2's for most current year filed (2008, because your interview date is after the tax deadline). and its not a bad idea for previous year's either (say 2006, 2007).

congratulations, i bet it must feel like the shackles just fell off eh.

thanks for the information. I am actually completing his tax return this week for last year, there is an issue with past tax returns thats why i asked, but i will do this years and deal with the others in lieu.

i feel pretty much the same as yesterday, but my motto is This too shall pass, nothing ever stays the same, no matter how dismal it may seem.

thanks to all of you,

congrats to the approved couple.

x

prima

Timeline

Found out we got APPROVED!!!!!! Oh what a happy day. I want to thank everyone so much for all their support and listen to me whine...Even though my finace was there for 4 hours. But he can sleep that off later. I am so estastic...Everyone here is so wonderful and I dont think I could of made this journey without you. xxxx

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Scotland
Timeline

Hello all ....

Yaaayyyy!!! More approvals ... congratulations!!!

It's been two weeks since I sent off my packet three - can I start calling the DOS yet??

Please? Can I? Am I allowed to?? Pretty please?? :rofl:

Have a great week everyone!

Moira x

K-1

All information is in my timeline ....

AOS

08.22.09 ~~~ Posted AOS docs to Chicago

08.28.09 ~~~ Notice Date

08.31.09 ~~~ Received 3 x NOA's in the mail

09.01.09 ~~~ Date changed on status tracker - a "touch" woot ....

09.04.09 ~~~ Appointment notice arrived for Biometrics

09.22.09 ~~~ Biometrics

09.22.09 ~~~ A wee touch to AOS and EAD

09.23.09 ~~~ Another touch to both - email re transfer to Calfornia

10.05.09 ~~~ Emails to say both EAD and AP are approved!

10.06.09 ~~~ Touches to both EAD and AP

10.07.09 ~~~ Touch to EAD

10.08.09 ~~~ Touch and email advising card production for EAD

10.13.09 ~~~ EAD received!

10.15.09 ~~~ Applied for SS Number .....

10.20.09 ~~~ Email saying AOS approved and card being produced!!

10.24.09 ~~~ Green card received!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.