joseph22

so confused!!!!...

5 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I've been burning through the latest postings on the forum as fast as I can to try to understand this....

I was hoping someone could give me a simple answer.

So....I understand that the new IMBRA law means an additional security check on petitions, and that things have been tied up, shuffled around between service centers. I understand that some petitions were recalled after approved to do this check because of the date in which the law went to effect, and that a new draft of the petition will be released "sometime" in the relative future.

What I dont quite get yet is what this means for those of us who filed with the existing I-129F application available from the USCIS site (we recieved our NOA1 3.24 from CSC - yes I'll update my timeline soon though nothing to really update :( Anyway, does this mean simply that an additional security check will be performed on our petition once they get to it, or does it mean that they are going to send some sort of form/ info request to me, the petitioner before they'd approve?

Obviously I hope they start picking up and moving the backlog out, and we have no choice but to comply with additional checks and processing time, but I just am still so confused as to whether or not anything is going to be asked from me before my NOA2 as a result.

Could someone be so kind as to just explain simply what it means? I know noone has a hard answer for waiting time yet, but I'm just looking to know if I should be waiting for a request for info from me because of this or simply be waiting for my petition to be picked up......

THANKS!!!!!!!

Sent in I-129F..................March 17th

NOA1 from CSC................March22

RFE recieved....................June 28th

RFE returned....................June 29th

RFE receipt by CSC ...........July 5th

Touched..........................July 26th

Touhced..........................July 27th

NOA2.............................July 31st...after 132 days!!!!!!!!!!!!

Packet 3 sent...................August 22nd

Medical...........................September 9th

Interview........................October 4th!!!!!!!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

I'm not sure that anyone knows yet. It seems like most petitions affected by IMBRA are going to California... I know they changed the petition form so maybe you will get an RFE and have to send in the newer version asking about your relationship. Good luck sorry I can't be of more help!

Sarah

Timeline

I just went to USCIS site and they havent changed the petition form.

They are still using the same downloadable PDF that we used back in February.

I have no problem submitting any police records or whatever that might be needed or having them do a security check on us. It seems crazy that they would send out a gigantic RFE to everyone after March 6th to have them fill out another form that they havent made available...

On a side note, we stated very clearly in our petition how we met, which was not through a marriage broker, so I'm not sure if this is an issue either. So strange that it could be so far after the IMBRA effect date yet there noone seems to know how we should comply...

Timeline

not that it will probably help, but I emailed CSC to see if there was anything THEY would tell me to expect.

I'll post IF i get an answer.

Timeline
not that it will probably help, but I emailed CSC to see if there was anything THEY would tell me to expect.

Everyone is effected by the IMBRA law. Everyone that has called has gotten basically the same answer. "we dont know" The only thing for sure is that all (to the best of my knowledge) I-129Fs will now go thru the Ca Service Center. Last word I got was that they were stopped at 6 March 2006 NOA1 date. After transfer you fall in the que based on that date. Only thing now is that if you were at center with quick NOA2 record you are now behind the rest of us that have been waiting at Ca service center for long time. MY NOA1 was Mar 15, 2006 and have not been touched since that date.

Everyone is effected by the IMBRA law. Everyone that has called has gotten basically the same answer. "we dont know" The only thing for sure is that all (to the best of my knowledge) I-129Fs will now go thru the Ca Service Center. Last word I got was that they were stopped at 6 March 2006 NOA1 date. After transfer you fall in the que based on that date. Only thing now is that if you were at center with quick NOA2 record you are now behind the rest of us that have been waiting at Ca service center for long time. MY NOA1 was Mar 15, 2006 and have not been touched since that date.

June 05 Lisa and I fall in love

15 Mar 06 I-129F received at CSC NOA1

5 Aug 06 NOA2 after 143 days in CSC purgatory

20 Oct 06 Interview Date

16 Feb 07 Denial Letter received

12 Mar 07 Motion to reconsider submitted

10 Sep 07 Motion to Reconsider denied

9 May 08 Lisa and Married in United Kingdom

23 May 08 I-130 filed

Oct 08 NOA-2 received

May 7 09 Lisa's Interview I 601 filed

29 Jul 09 I-601 waiver approved

18 Aug 09 Passport to London Embassy

20 Aug 09 Tickets purchased for 10 Sep 09

WE HAVE FINALLY WON, OUR LONG AND HARD JOURNEY IS COMPLETE!!!!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.