Marie876

2009 Yardie Interview Schedule

382 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

The embassy said they mailed C's out on Februaray 10th and he hasn't gotten his and I haven't gotten one either. His interview isn't until March 20th though.

AOS

9/25/09 -Mailed I-485/I-131/I-765

9/27/09 - Received by Chicago Lock Box

10/2/09 - Date on NAO1's

10/5/09 - Received NAO1's in the mail

10/5/09- Check cashed

10/11/09 - Received Biometrics letter in the mail

10/29/09- Biometrics appointment

10/14/09 - Walked in for Biometrics appointment

10/15/09 - Touch I-485/I-765

10/16/09 - I-485 transferred to CSC

11/6/09 - EAD approved

11/9/09 - Advance Parole approved

11/23/09- Received EAD/AP

12/2/09 - Email Card Production Ordered!!!!

12/9/09 - Card received

• Replies 381
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Ok yardies… here is our story:

His interview was at 7:30am. He got there around 6:30… nice and early. These 2 ladies started letting people in and asked for his passport, passport pictures and his interview letter. After they saw them, they had him go through a metal detector. The way he described it, it seemed familiar to the airport. So lucky for him, he’ll have a little bit of practice, lol. Anyway, after he finished there, they asked the people to form a line to get into the building. As they entered, he had to make sure his name, number and address in the back of the picture. (Make sure your SO has a pen w/ them as mine did not and he had to borrow) He was given the number A117 and a little yellow paper so he can write his name, address, passport number and phone number. He was told to go to the right. (Left was for visiting visas… which seemed to him to have more window than the filing side) He waited a while and was next called for his fingerprints. He was also asked for his medical and passport. The lady handed back his passport and noticed that he has a bday coming up. He said yes! (Feb. 27th!!) She wished him well! That was nice… anyway, back to waiting for his turn for interview. He was able to hear the guy go before him and the some of the questions he was asked. Next thing he knew, the man was walking out w/ a blue paper. He assumed he got denied cuz he immediately left the building. That made him a little nervous, cuz they called him next, to that same window.

His interviewer was a lady. He didn’t get her name. He said she seemed pleasant. He raised his right hand to swear to tell the truth. She asked him who was filing for him. He answered his wife, me!! :wub: She asked him when we met and he answered. She asked if he had any pictures other than the wedding pictures of us together. He started handing her a handful and she finally just stopped him. She asked him how old his wife was. I was scared on this one cuz I am older than him. And he answered and she just nodded up and down. I asked what she looked like when she did this and he said just looked like she was agreeing. Asked about his child and his age and if he was born before we met and he answered. And that was all the questions she asked. She handed a paper for him to take to the DHL and told him to not make any travel arrangements til he received his passport. That was it!!! He finished a little after 11am.

I think we were both really nervous for nothing. It went really really smooth. Thank goodness… OH… And when he called to tell me, the first thing he said was it didn’t go well. Not at all. He proceeded to tell me how he got a blue letter stating that I would have to come up for an interview. I was speechless!! He said he was going to fax me the paper and we have to make plans quickly for me to go to Jamaica… I was STILL speechless!! Then he just busted out with and I’M JUST JOKING!!! I wish I could have hit him through the dang phone! :bonk:

Well, here was my experience. Again, I thank ALL of you for EVERYTHING!! I really could not have done this without ya’ll! (L)(L):thumbs:(L)(L)

CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! once again!!!!!!!!I am so happy 4 u guys.... good luck to everyone who's interviews are coming up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Blessings :)

as1cF3M0g410000MDAzMTBsfDAwMDEyNjdsfEhvbGRpbmcgbXkgaHViYnlcJ3MgaGFuZCBhZ2Fpbg.gif

event.png

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Anybody hear from Pecky today?

AOS

9/25/09 -Mailed I-485/I-131/I-765

9/27/09 - Received by Chicago Lock Box

10/2/09 - Date on NAO1's

10/5/09 - Received NAO1's in the mail

10/5/09- Check cashed

10/11/09 - Received Biometrics letter in the mail

10/29/09- Biometrics appointment

10/14/09 - Walked in for Biometrics appointment

10/15/09 - Touch I-485/I-765

10/16/09 - I-485 transferred to CSC

11/6/09 - EAD approved

11/9/09 - Advance Parole approved

11/23/09- Received EAD/AP

12/2/09 - Email Card Production Ordered!!!!

12/9/09 - Card received

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hello Everyone what did you guys took for the interview (CR1) i have pics & wedding pics lots of cards, no phone bills use calling cards, we have been married 3 years have a son who will be 5 months on friday, should i let my husband send me everything he submitted to NVC (Affidavit of support tax papers, he hasnt filed 2009 taxes yet hope that wont be a problem, should he also send me the Approval notice from I-130, just trying to get everything sorted out interview is March 9, 2009.

thanks

Stacey

Edited by Islanddream

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Hello Everyone what did you guys took for the interview (CR1) i have pics & wedding pics lots of cards, no phone bills use calling cards, we have been married 3 years have a son who will be 5 months on friday, should i let my husband send me everything he submitted to NVC (Affidavit of support tax papers, he hasnt filed 2009 taxes yet hope that wont be a problem, should he also send me the Approval notice from I-130, just trying to get everything sorted out interview is March 9, 2009.

thanks

Stacey

You should have a copy of all papers filed and al communication with them. The approval notice is also important as well as any other documents received from them. Good luck with the rest of your journey.

Support "OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE" Help a child go to school

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

thanks

Stacey

Hey Stacey! My hubby took cards, pictures, wedding album, all of the copies of the forms we sent to NVC, and of course the medical and passport pics. He did not take any phone records. They didn't ask him for any.

06/15/07 Arrive to Jamaica for our wedding

06/20/07 Wedding in Jamaica

07/06/07 Back to US... left my hubby... sad, sad day

07/28/07 Sent I-130

09/07/07 Noa 1

12/17/07 Left for Jamaica for the holidays

01/04/08 Back to USA... man I miss my hubby!! I really enjoyed spending the holidays w/ him...

02/07/08 I-130 approved... another step closer...

03/03/08 Received DS-3032 & I-864 Bill

03/13/08 Sent I-864 fee

03/27/08 Emailed the DS 3032 (hubby never received in mail)

04/02/08 Received notice from NVC that DS 3032 approved... I should be getting something soon, I HOPE

04/07/08 IV fee bill generated

04/14/08 Received I-864 Affidavit of Support... can't wait til this is OVER!!

04/16/08 Mailed off the AOS...

04/23/08 Received the Visa fee bill

05/09/08 Received DS230 letter, will mail this along w/ visa fee soon...

06/11/08 Went to visit my baby...

06/20/08 Celebrated our 1 year Anniversary!!!

06/25/08 Left my hubby... again... HOPEFULLY, this will be the L-A-S-T time!!!

07/23/08 SENT OFF VISA FEE TODAY!! I AM SO EXCITED..HENCE THE ALL CAPS, LOL

10/14/08 Case complete!! Waiting for the interview date.... HURRY PLEASE!!!

01/06/09 Interview date: February 17 @ 7:30AM!!!!!!!

02/03/09 Hubby's dr's appt. (All went well)

02/17/09 Interview day... APPROVED! He should receive his Visa the first week in March.

02/24/09 My bday!! AND hubby was called to pick up his visa!!!! GREAT BDAY GIFT!!

03/27/09 My hubby surprised me at my job!!! Can not believe he's finally here!

Timeline
If you're hoping for a March interview- now is the time to call. They scheduled McKoy for March 10 at 7 am! Just found out today!

Congrats Melissa!! Are you going for the interview?

ME AND MY BUBBY GOT INTERVIEW DATE FOR 3-13-09 YAY. I FOUND OUT THE INTERVIEW DATE B4 I LEFT FOR JA ON THE 13 OF FEB. I ALREADY SCHEDULED THE MEDICAL FOR HIM AND EVERYTHING.

.png

Timeline

How are you guys finding out about your interview dates? Is the embassy e-mailing them to you. I'm doing a K-4 so I don't think the nvc sets the date since I had to send everything to the embassy in kingston. I've sent them two e-mails and I haven't gotten any response not even a "no you don't have a date yet" I know for hubby once they got the ds-230 I had a date within three weeks.

4462482_bodyshot_175x233.gif

Me turn professional panhandler!!! but mi look good, don't??

Timeline

Congrats, Shelly!

Jengles, I think people are calling the NVC and that's where they are getting their dates from - The NVC sets the dates as they are made available for the CR / IR1 = the others are set by the embassy - Have you been sending your emails with "first request, case #....", "second request,..." in the subject line? That seemed to get responses for others-

Fire de a Mus Mus tail, him tink a cool breeze

Timeline

You all have to help me, but I did a good job of answering them. I just checked my e-mail and they responded to me at 5pm yesterday. asking me yet again if hubby has ajusted his status. so for the third time I told them no and told them I'm getting sick and tired of them asking me the same dyam question.

Timeline
Congrats, Shelly!

Jengles, I think people are calling the NVC and that's where they are getting their dates from - The NVC sets the dates as they are made available for the CR / IR1 = the others are set by the embassy - Have you been sending your emails with "first request, case #....", "second request,..." in the subject line? That seemed to get responses for others-

IN REGARDS TO THE INTERVIEW AT THE EMBASSY DOES MY SPOUSE HAVE TO BRING PICS FOR CR1 WE HAVE BUT HOW MUCH IS NEEDED JUST SO ANXIOUS TO KNOW WHAT TYPES OF QUESTIONS THEY WILL ASK HIM HIS INTERVIEW IS AT 7AM ON 3-13 SO I JUST WANT TO MAKE SURE HE FULLY PREPARED

.png

Timeline

hey sus,

thanks for the response, yesterdays e-mail subject line was "third request" and it doesn't help that I don't have a case number. hopefully they won't toss the documents out after my response this morning.

Timeline

I hope you get it sorted soon, Jengles - You are the first I know going through the K4, so sorry I don't have more advice! However, I expect I will be following in your shoes....

Shelly, I would say yes, bring the pictures - better to have too much evidence than not enough.

Fire de a Mus Mus tail, him tink a cool breeze

Timeline
Congrats Mrs Buggy and Good luck Pecky and Shrewd!

Have any of the folks for March interviews gotten their interview letters yet? McKoy's medical is a week from tomorrow- and still no letter. I assume he won't get his in time, but I thought I'd get mine?!?!

my husband's medical is scheduled in mo-bay this upcoming monday, feb 23. i STILL haven't received the letter from the nvc either! i was told that it was mailed out late last week. i was in jamaica last week, so i had a bunch of junk mail when i came back home. i was surprised that the letter hadn't arrived because i usually get mail from the nvc within a few days. i even scoured through my trash to see if i accidentally threw it away. hopefully it will come today or saturday.

to be on the safe side, i called and spoke to an agent at the nvc and told her the situation. i asked if she could fax/email the letter to me so that we can avoid having to reschedule his medical and his interview. i spoke to about three different people and each one told me that it's nvc's policy to not email interview letters until 1 week prior to the interview date (what a dumb a$$ policy)! anyway, i called and spoke to one of the managers and she advised that if i still don't have the letter by monday morning, call her first thing and she'll email it to me. then, i'll just fax it to the medical center in mobay. so i feel a bit better, but i'd feel best if i had the letter!!! my belly is in knots. i can't wait til all of this is over.

meliss - are you going to the interview with your hubby?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.