JelloShotGirl

HATE CRIME

5 posts in this topic

Just wanted to know your thoughts about that in which an Ecuadorean 38 year old man was killed by a gang of white youths (17 and under) ...........I live in that town. I get upset cuz my husband is "brown" and this could have happened to anyone......................................................

mailed out aos and ead 7/13/2007

aol and ead packet received per usps 7/16/2007

checks cashed 07/26/07

noa 1 FOR EAD RECEIVED 07/27/07

noa 1 for aos received 07/28/07

biometrics 08/15/07

ead card ordered 09/20/07!!!!

ead card received 10/01/07! finally!

aos case transferred to California Service Center 10/03/07!

received "Welcome to the United States of America I-797 11/05/07!(dated 10/30/07)!

Permanent Resident card received 11/05/07 (dated 10/31/07)! THank u LorD!

Will file for 10 year GC End of July/Early August 2009!

Removal of Conditions:

Mailed I-751 overnight mail to Vermont Service Center 09/10/09

VSC received the I-751 Packet 09/11/09 About 12 pm Local time

Check was cashed as of Sept 16th 2009

NOA Received 09/19/09 dated 09/14/09

I-797 Appointment Notice received 10/01/09 dated 09/25/09 (Biometrics)

Got they 10 year GC approval letter in the mail dated 01/08/10! yehey!

10 GREENCARD RECEIVED 01/20/10

Citizenship.......maybe............or maybe stay a permanent resident .......................

6771903_bodyshot_300x400.gif

Filed: Timeline

Some context, courtesy the NYT:

November 14, 2008

Editorial

The High Cost of Harsh Words

Words have consequences. Steve Levy, the Suffolk County executive, is learning that the hard way during a horrible week. Seven teenagers were arrested and charged in the fatal stabbing last Saturday of Marcello Lucero, an Ecuadorean immigrant, on a street in the Long Island village of Patchogue.

The apparent lynching caused shock and anger across the country. Politicians, religious leaders and villagers gathered Wednesday in Patchogue to console the victim’s relatives and to condemn racial hatred. Mr. Lucero’s brother, Joselo, spoke movingly in English and Spanish of how strangers’ words of support had made him feel like part of a larger family.

Mr. Levy was not there. He later called Joselo Lucero, who asked him to please stay away from public remembrances.

Mr. Levy’s past harsh words and actions against undocumented workers have now left him cornered with a tragically limited ability to lead the county in confronting a brutal act that surely pains him as much as anyone.

Local lawmakers often complain about immigration, but Mr. Levy went much farther than most. He founded a national organization to lobby for crackdowns. He went on “Lou Dobbs.” He tried to deputize county police to make immigration arrests and to rid the county work force of employees without papers. He sought to drive day laborers from local streets, yet rigidly opposed efforts to create hiring sites. Even as tensions simmered in places like Farmingville, a hot spot for anti-immigrant resentment, Mr. Levy would not budge.

He parroted extremist talking points, going so far as to raise the alarm, utterly false, that illegal immigrants’ “anchor babies” were forcing Southampton Hospital to close its maternity ward. He denounces racist hatred, yet his words have made him a hero in pockets of Long Island where veins of racism run deep.

All that came back to haunt Mr. Levy this week, when an evil act underscored the need to draw together. Immigrant advocates assailed him for having poisoned the atmosphere. Some called for his resignation. With tactless self-pity, Mr. Levy complained to Newsday that the killing would have been a one-day story anywhere but his home turf. He laments that people overlook his recent, far more measured tone on the issue. He insists that people have a distorted picture of him. Mr. Levy needs to realize that distortions cut both ways.

Man is made by his belief. As he believes, so he is.

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline
Just wanted to know your thoughts about that in which an Ecuadorean 38 year old man was killed by a gang of white youths (17 and under) ...........I live in that town. I get upset cuz my husband is "brown" and this could have happened to anyone......................................................

OMG! That is so scary. There are gang youths here in the neighborhood and i am scared of them that they might do some trippin and hurt me and my husband.

Actually whenever we're leaving the apartment they were all looking at us as if they were thinking or planning to do something against me and my husband. They look high, omg.

K1

01-21-08 mailed I-129F

05-20-08 Medical

06-10-08 Interview - PASSED :D

06-18-08 Visa in hand

06-26-08 PRISM CFO Seminar

06-27-08 US

07-21-08 Wedding

AOS

09-06-08 Mailed AOS

09-29-08 Biometrics

10-06-08 SSN Card received

11-10-08 State ID

01-02-09 EAD Card received

02-25-09 I-485 approved

03-06-09 Conditional Green Card

ROC

01-20-11 Mailed I-751

01-28-11 NOA1 (1 year extension letter)

01-24-11 Biometrics

06-17-11 I-751 approved

06-22-11 Permanent Residency Card

NATURALIZATION

06-23-12 Mailed N-400

08-06-12 Early Biometrics

10-26-12 Interview (Fresno)

11-08-12 Oath Taking

I-130 MOM

11-13-12 Sent in I-130

11-20-12 NOA1

11-20-12 Check Cashed

OMG! That is so scary. There are gang youths here in the neighborhood and i am scared of them that they might do some trippin and hurt me and my husband.

Actually whenever we're leaving the apartment they were all looking at us as if they were thinking or planning to do something against me and my husband. They look high, omg.

You can't live in fear! You just have to be street smart and not to get yourself in a situation that you can't get out of. Never show that you are intimidated. They see that as a major sign of weakness. You and your husband will be ok!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

There's a special place in hell for a group of cowards that kill anyone for sport .

The idea that violence against immigrants is a one-way way street is quite PC but focusing on crimes by illegals may seem like a cheap shot that ignores that most illegals want to keep a low, law-abiding profile.

I haven't heard this mentioned much nationally compared to running total we've had on the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan.

"While King reports 12 Americans are murdered daily by illegal aliens, he says 13 are killed by drunk illegal alien drivers – for another annual death toll of 4,745. That's 23,725 since Sept. 11, 2001."

http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article....RTICLE_ID=53103

Edited by alienlovechild

David & Lalai

th_ourweddingscrapbook-1.jpg

aneska1-3-1-1.gif

Greencard Received Date: July 3, 2009

Lifting of Conditions : March 18, 2011

I-751 Application Sent: April 23, 2011

Biometrics: June 9, 2011