debut720

Tax transcripts vs. personal copies with I-751

5 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Hi everyone,

We sent in personal copies of our tax returns with our I-751 application - without W2's. I am wondering whether this will create a problem down the road. The more I look around now, the more I see that people generally send in their tax transcripts from IRS. What do you think? Is there anybody around who has been approved with personal copies of tax returns? By the way, the list of documents that we submitted is as follows:

1. Joint federal tax returns for tax years 2007 and 2006 (personal copies, no W2's)

2. Joint state tax return for tax year 2007 (personal copies)

3. Joint apartment leases for terms 2008-2009, 2007-2008 and 2006-2007

4. Statements for joint checking and savings account, and copies of debit cards for this checking and savings account

5. Opening statements for 3 joint CD accounts, renewal notices for these CD accounts and statements showing the current status of these CD accounts

6. Joint credit card and statements for this credit card

7. Designation of the spouse as the beneficiary in the retirement account of the conditional resident and a recent statement that shows the accumulated funds in this retirement account

8. Designation of the spouse as the beneficiary in the mutual fund account of the conditional resident and a recent statement that shows the accumulated funds in this mutual fund account

9. Designation of the spouse as the beneficiary in the life insurance plan of the conditional resident

10. Joint car insurance policies for 2008 and 2007

11. Joint health insurance cards and notices from the health insurance company showing that both the conditional resident and the spouse have been using this health insurance plan

12. Joint dental insurance cards and notices from the dental insurance company showing that both the conditional resident and the spouse have been using this dental insurance plan

13. Airline ticket reservations for 4 trips taken by the conditional resident and the spouse and some boarding passes for these trips

14. Bills and statements indicating that the conditional resident and the spouse live at the same address

15. Affidavits from a family member and a family friend

16. Postcards and holiday cards addressed to the conditional resident and the spouse

17. Holiday photos of the conditional resident and the spouse

18. Copy of marriage certificate

Thank you very much for your help!

Hi everyone,

We sent in personal copies of our tax returns with our I-751 application - without W2's. I am wondering whether this will create a problem down the road. The more I look around now, the more I see that people generally send in their tax transcripts from IRS. What do you think? Is there anybody around who has been approved with personal copies of tax returns? By the way, the list of documents that we submitted is as follows:

1. Joint federal tax returns for tax years 2007 and 2006 (personal copies, no W2's)

2. Joint state tax return for tax year 2007 (personal copies)

3. Joint apartment leases for terms 2008-2009, 2007-2008 and 2006-2007

4. Statements for joint checking and savings account, and copies of debit cards for this checking and savings account

5. Opening statements for 3 joint CD accounts, renewal notices for these CD accounts and statements showing the current status of these CD accounts

6. Joint credit card and statements for this credit card

7. Designation of the spouse as the beneficiary in the retirement account of the conditional resident and a recent statement that shows the accumulated funds in this retirement account

8. Designation of the spouse as the beneficiary in the mutual fund account of the conditional resident and a recent statement that shows the accumulated funds in this mutual fund account

9. Designation of the spouse as the beneficiary in the life insurance plan of the conditional resident

10. Joint car insurance policies for 2008 and 2007

11. Joint health insurance cards and notices from the health insurance company showing that both the conditional resident and the spouse have been using this health insurance plan

12. Joint dental insurance cards and notices from the dental insurance company showing that both the conditional resident and the spouse have been using this dental insurance plan

13. Airline ticket reservations for 4 trips taken by the conditional resident and the spouse and some boarding passes for these trips

14. Bills and statements indicating that the conditional resident and the spouse live at the same address

15. Affidavits from a family member and a family friend

16. Postcards and holiday cards addressed to the conditional resident and the spouse

17. Holiday photos of the conditional resident and the spouse

18. Copy of marriage certificate

Thank you very much for your help!

Hi, you have plenty of evidence to sent. But in regards to the taxes, you should sent the transcript from the IRS. In an RFE that I received, in their examples for evidence it says to send taxes transcript from a goverment institution (IRS) not your 1040 from Jackson Hewitt or wherever so did your taxes (anyone can do this). I'm not making this up, it says so on an RFE that was sent to me. BTW I had sent my transcript from the IRS the first time so this was not the reason I got and RFE, they just mentioned the taxes in the RFE along with a whole bunch of examples of additional evidence to sent.

If you can't wait the 2 weeks or less that it takes to receive the transcrip by mail, call the same number you call to request the transcrip and hit 0 until you're able to speak to someone. Explain to them that you urgently need those transcript for inmigration purposes and that you can't wait 2 weeks, that "please" if they can fax you those transcript. They're going to ask you to be present at the fax where you'll be receiving them. If the person you get on the phone gives you a hard time, just call back and get a another person that can help. I've done this twice and it works.

Once again, send IRS transcript for your taxes

Good luck :thumbs:

Edited by Andersen

Thank you very much for all the information... I wish we looked into this more carefully at the time we submitted the package. It sounds like all we can do is to wait for the RFE. Augmenting the already sent package is not an option. Maybe the other documents will be sufficient.

Thank you very much for all the information... I wish we looked into this more carefully at the time we submitted the package. It sounds like all we can do is to wait for the RFE. Augmenting the already sent package is not an option. Maybe the other documents will be sufficient.

Upps, I didn't read that you had already sent your package. Well, don't worry. The transcript is not a major reason to send an RFE. I got sent one and I'm still trying to figure out why they sent me one. I sent them plenty of evidence, transcripts, joint everything, affidavits. People in the forum just said that they might have sent it because they want up-to-date documents (it's been a year since I submitted). well we'll see how it goes

I agree with what the other people are saying. The process is taking such a long time that they are probably asking for an "update." On the bright side, they seem to be sending the RFE's for cases that are close to approval. Hopefully, you will get approved soon after you send the documents back.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.