Madwoman

Nairobi Embassy Thread!

1,841 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

Jill

I will do so soon. It was the blonde lady.....now to begin winding up my life in Kenya! Thanking God for his favor and grace.

Jill

I will do so soon. It was the blonde lady.....now to begin winding up my life in Kenya! Thanking God for his favor and grace.

Oh yes, certainly, of course...whenever you have time (even if you do it after you arrive in the states :dance: ), no rush and no worries. Wrapping up your life in Kenya comes first! :star: I'm just so happy to hear you made it through. Enjoy every second of getting ready to come home to your loved one. Ben already had everything wrapped up before his visa was in hand because he had to go back to the Embassy to have his fingerprints redone...so by the time he actually received his visa, he was ready to go. Well, as far as I was concerned, he was ready to go! LOL. Had it not been for the fingerprints, he would have been able to fly home with me :( It's OK, he came a couple weeks after. Stay blessed and enjoy every step along the way, XOXO.

Men are like stars ~ there are a million of them, but only ONE can make your dreams come true. I found my STAR...

event.png

~K E N Y A~

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Kenya
Timeline

the nairobi embassy, my fiance got a call from a kenyan lady at the embassy

Good afternoon is this .....

Fiance

Yes it is

Embassy

Who told you to send in your passports? Have you done the dna?

Fiance

My fiance was informed to do so.

Embassy

Well that is wrong information I will check with my boss and get back to you ....click.

Fiery email from me, told them to shove it up their #### . I am a dual citizen . And I have lived in canada kenya israel and the usa.so moving to kenya is no problem.... And by the way I attached the email that they told me to send in the docs and passport,after they had got the dna

Timeline

[quote name='rasta' timestamp='1335818551' post='5342781'

Fiance

Yes it is

Embassy

Fiance

Embassy

Well that is wrong information I will check with my boss and get back to you ....click.

Fiery email from me, told them to shove it up their #### . I am a dual citizen . And I have lived in canada kenya israel and the usa.so moving to kenya is no problem.... And by the way I attached the email that they told me to send in the docs and passport,after they had got the dna

Edited by maxxell

Timeline

Fiance

Yes it is

Embassy

Fiance

Embassy

Oh my goodness, there is obviously some lack of communication at the Embassy. How come you just didn't send them an email with the Embassy's email attached stating to send in the passport, etc.??? I think that would have solved the issue (you had the proof in the email from them). I'm sure the woman who called you from the Consular Section was just trying to follow up and they would have seen that they already emailed you to send in the passport when they researched it. I understand your frustration...and I'm so sorry you are going through this with them. I guess you are moving to Kenya NOW! :blush:

Edited by Ben and Jill

Men are like stars ~ there are a million of them, but only ONE can make your dreams come true. I found my STAR...

event.png

~K E N Y A~

Timeline

Oh my goodness, there is obviously some lack of communication at the Embassy. How come you just didn't send them an email with the Embassy's email attached stating to send in the passport, etc.??? I think that would have solved the issue (you had the proof in the email from them). I'm sure the woman who called you from the Consular Section was just trying to follow up and they would have seen that they already emailed you to send in the passport when they researched it. I understand your frustration...and I'm so sorry you are going through this with them. I guess you are moving to Kenya NOW! :blush:

I will move in july/august if they are not here

Timeline

I will move in july/august if they are not here

I'm really happy that we are done with this Embassy and never have to deal with them again. Did you really tell them to shove it?? I'm thinking if you did...I wonder what's going to happen now??? I'll be curious to know. Try to remain calm and positive :unsure:

event.png

~K E N Y A~

Timeline

hi everyone nytelo here,i had my interview on 17th april 2012 and i was not issued a visa because i did not have one passprt size photograph,and was told to go submit it at any DHL branch which i did the same day along with my passport,now im a worried lady i havent heard any info from the embassy even the waybill number.is this normal,and if it is can it take that long?anyone who has been in the same situation please reply.thank you all.

hi everyone nytelo here,i had my interview on 17th april 2012 and i was not issued a visa because i did not have one passprt size photograph,and was told to go submit it at any DHL branch which i did the same day along with my passport,now im a worried lady i havent heard any info from the embassy even the waybill number.is this normal,and if it is can it take that long?anyone who has been in the same situation please reply.thank you all.

Timeline

Hello, welcome to VJ. I would send the Embassy an email at immigrationVisaNairobi@state.gov and inquire about it. Let them know that you did what they asked on the same day and you'd like to know the status. They will respond. Put your case number in the email as well as any other information regarding your case to make it easy for them to locate your information. And yes, it is normal for it to take this long so don't worry too much. Good luck!

event.png

~K E N Y A~

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Kenya
Timeline

Does anyone know how long it takes to get an interview date once the case is complete at NVC? Also, any information on which times of the month the embassy schedules interviews would be helpful.

Thanks,

Timeline

Does anyone know how long it takes to get an interview date once the case is complete at NVC? Also, any information on which times of the month the embassy schedules interviews would be helpful.

Thanks,

Our package left NVC on April 15, 2011, and Ben's interview was on May 26, 2011. But, we scheduled the interview ourselves using their new system. Your case may be different since you are petitioning your son, and your interview may be scheduled by the NVC (I know they schedule the CR-1's). I would call the NVC and ask them. They should be able to give you an idea. The wait could possibly be a couple of months, maybe more, but I am just guessing. When we scheduled our interview, the times available were Monday through Friday (it didn't specify that only certain times of the month were available) but again, I believe the choices are different depending upon which type of visa you are applying for. You select the visa type before you are permitted to see the interview schedule. If it's scheduled by the NVC, then obviously this is a moot point. I hope this helps a little.

Edited by Ben and Jill

event.png

~K E N Y A~

Timeline

Oh yes, certainly, of course...whenever you have time (even if you do it after you arrive in the states :dance: ), no rush and no worries. Wrapping up your life in Kenya comes first! :star: I'm just so happy to hear you made it through. Enjoy every second of getting ready to come home to your loved one. Ben already had everything wrapped up before his visa was in hand because he had to go back to the Embassy to have his fingerprints redone...so by the time he actually received his visa, he was ready to go. Well, as far as I was concerned, he was ready to go! LOL. Had it not been for the fingerprints, he would have been able to fly home with me :( It's OK, he came a couple weeks after. Stay blessed and enjoy every step along the way, XOXO.

Hi Jill,

I got a call from embassy asking me to go back and verify fingerprints. How long did it take for Ben to get his passport back?

Hi Jill,

I got a call from embassy asking me to go back and verify fingerprints. How long did it take for Ben to get his passport back?

Timeline

Hi Jill,

Hi Jill,

Hello, Ben had to return to the Embassy and verify his fingerprints as well. He did that on a Tuesday and they told him to come back to the Embassy on Friday to pick up his passport with his visa in it. So, he got his passport back 3 days after verifying the fingerprints. Hopefully, they will do the same for you and you won't have to use DHL because then it will take longer for you to get your passport. Stay blessed.

event.png

~K E N Y A~

Timeline

Our package left NVC on April 15, 2011, and Ben's interview was on May 26, 2011. But, we scheduled the interview ourselves using their new system. Your case may be different since you are petitioning your son, and your interview may be scheduled by the NVC (I know they schedule the CR-1's). I would call the NVC and ask them. They should be able to give you an idea. The wait could possibly be a couple of months, maybe more, but I am just guessing. When we scheduled our interview, the times available were Monday through Friday (it didn't specify that only certain times of the month were available) but again, I believe the choices are different depending upon which type of visa you are applying for. You select the visa type before you are permitted to see the interview schedule. If it's scheduled by the NVC, then obviously this is a moot point. I hope this helps a little.

I'm planning to request an expedite once NVC is complete based on the need for my son to take summer classes before his last year of high-school begins in August 2012. I hope that will be a good enough reason. I don't want him to start his last year of high-school not knowing what level he is academically and the summer school will give a good idea on if he will need extra tutoring before and during high-school.

Thanks for your response.

Edited by Gigli2008

Timeline

I'm planning to request an expedite once NVC is complete based on the need for my son to take summer classes before his last year of high-school begins in August 2012. I hope that will be a good enough reason. I don't want him to start his last year of high-school not knowing what level he is academically and the summer school will give a good idea on if he will need extra tutoring before and during high-school.

Thanks for your response.

You're welcome. I'm not sure about the expedite and what exactly the protocol is for that...but, I'll just keep my fingers crossed for you. I'm not sure if that will be a good enough reason for them or not. :unsure: Perhaps someone else can answer that. Keep us posted.

event.png

~K E N Y A~

Timeline

Hello, Ben had to return to the Embassy and verify his fingerprints as well. He did that on a Tuesday and they told him to come back to the Embassy on Friday to pick up his passport with his visa in it. So, he got his passport back 3 days after verifying the fingerprints. Hopefully, they will do the same for you and you won't have to use DHL because then it will take longer for you to get your passport. Stay blessed.

[size="5"]The CO at the Embassy asked me to pick up the passport from DHL....no air bill number yet. Am hoping that it doesn't take too long to get it. [/size] She had asked me to check after two days..... The CSC numbers in Kenya do not work at all. Been trying to call in vain.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.