AinsleyandHanzel

Change of Address

11 posts in this topic

My husband (I-130 Beneficiary) is living in Costa Rica and he needs to move to a new city for work. How or do we need to report his new address to the USCIS? I would appreciate any help! I am VERY new at all of this! :thumbs:

Does he have family or friends at the old address? Will he get any documents mailed to his old address? If so it may not be necessary for you to report the new address. Is there a separate US Consulate in the new city where he will be moving to?

Edited by faso

Filed: Other Timeline

You will need ot notify the consulate before they send out the interview package to him.

divorced - April 2010 moved back to Ontario May 2010 and surrendered green card

PLEASE DO NOT PRIVATE MESSAGE ME OR EMAIL ME. I HAVE NO IDEA ABOUT CURRENT US IMMIGRATION PROCEDURES!!!!!

He does not have any family where he is currently living, and there is only one Consulate there in Costa Rica. Is there any chance they would call him before actually mailing the package? Or will they call him to go and pick up the package? How could we contact the Consulate to let them know?

Send them an email.

The contact email address for the San Jose Embassy is consularsanjose@state.gov

I could not find the email for the Immigrant Visa section but try the one above they will let you know exactly what to do. More than likely you will be able to notify the of the new address via email.

Best of luck,

Fabian

Send them an email.

The contact email address for the San Jose Embassy is consularsanjose@state.gov

I could not find the email for the Immigrant Visa section but try the one above they will let you know exactly what to do. More than likely you will be able to notify the of the new address via email.

Best of luck,

Fabian

Thank you so much Fabian! I really do appreciate your help on this! :rolleyes:

Ok, once you get to that point (several months down the road, as far as I can tell), the CR embassy will get your packet from the NVC (National Visa Center) on the east coast. They will process it and let your husband know when Packet three is available to be picked up. (See my timeline for details on this). If they cannot get in touch with him via phone, they will mail it to whatever address is on file.

We had the same issue, so as soon as the embassy got our package, I was calling every day to see if it was ready for pickup. Once it was ready, I told them he would come and get it and not to mail it. They said no prob, and held it for him at the front door.

(When you get to that point, feel free to let us know, and Greivin can share details).

Hope that helps.

I am glad I could help and remember...Pura Vida!!!!

K1 TIMELINE:

01-24-2008 = Sent I-129F to CSC

01-29-2008 = NOA1 Issued

05-28-2008 = NOA2 (125 days after NOA1)

06-02-2008 = NOA2 Hardcopy received; NVC received petition

06-04-2008 = NVC sent package to Costa Rica

06-10-2008 = Embassy received

06-13-2008 = Picked up Packet 3

06-25-2008 = Interview (28 days after NOA2)

07-05-2008 = Home to the U.S. together!

09-20-2008 = Wedding!

AOS/EAD/AP TIMELINE:

10-15-2008 = Sent giant packet to Lockbox

10-22-2008 = NOA1's Issued

11-04-2008 = RFE on AOS only: need birth certificate, ORIGINAL was taken at interview. GRRR

11-24-2008 = Biometrics

12-22-2008 = Mailed RFE packet back

01-02-2009 = AOS processing resumed

01-16-2009 = Service Request filed for EAD (90 days with no news)

01-27-2009 = EAD and AP approved (102 days after NOA1's)

03-12-2009 = AOS Interview, APPROVED!

REMOVING CONDITIONS TIMELINE:

02-18-2011 = Sent packet to CSC

02-22-2011 = NOA1 Issued

03-21-2011 = Biometrics

04-26-2011 = APPROVED!

DONE WITH USCIS FOR 10 YEARS!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.