Mia2009

K1 Co-Sponsor Question (Manila)

21 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hello Everyone!

I had my interview last wed, nov 19. SAme thing happened to me. After the interview I was asked to submit an evidence of sustained income and send back my passport once I have the required doc already. I am expecting my fiance's income statement this week, hopefully I can send it to the USEM nextweek.

Congratulations to those who alraedy got their visas! God be with us all!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

also, I was given a pink slip and asked to pay P250.00 for delbros visa delivery fee..but even then, I am still not completely worry-free. I hope I get everything done, and have my visa soon..

• 2 weeks later...

i completed my interview today and things went fine. my fiance is a student and has no job right now and they did not accept my co-sponsor's documents ... but good thing the consul considered my work background and was convinced that i will not be a public charge in the U.S. i wrote more about that happened in the other thread below

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...p;#entry2442174

• 3 months later...
Hi guys! Good thing i found this thread. Question: can the consuls actually consider the benefiaciary's work background if petitioner does not meet income requirements?

There is no specified income requirement for K visas. The CO is required to make a determination regarding the liklihood that the beneficiary will become a public charge. Many people here (and probably more than a few COs) measure that against the statutory income requirements of the I-864, but there is no such rule.

05/16/2005 I-129F Sent

05/28/2005 I-129F NOA1

06/21/2005 I-129F NOA2

07/18/2005 Consulate Received package from NVC

11/09/2005 Medical

11/16/2005 Interview APPROVED

12/05/2005 Visa received

12/07/2005 POE Minneapolis

12/17/2005 Wedding

12/20/2005 Applied for SSN

01/14/2005 SSN received in the mail

02/03/2006 AOS sent (Did not apply for EAD or AP)

02/09/2006 NOA

02/16/2006 Case status Online

05/01/2006 Biometrics Appt.

07/12/2006 AOS Interview APPROVED

07/24/2006 GC arrived

05/02/2007 Driver's License - Passed Road Test!

05/27/2008 Lifting of Conditions sent (TSC > VSC)

06/03/2008 Check Cleared

07/08/2008 INFOPASS (I-551 stamp)

07/08/2008 Driver's License renewed

04/20/2009 Lifting of Conditions approved

04/28/2009 Card received in the mail

• 5 months later...
Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

hello sa lahat !Confused ako kasi i have the same problem.My fiance kasi is also a student din.Ngayon,in my interview last aug 14,sabi ng consul sakin na kailangan ng co sponsor daw,hintayin daw name ko na tawagin sa window 37 and sila na magpaliwanag sa mga bagay bagay.And then,naghintay nga ako,tapos tinawag name ko sa window 38.Pagkalapit ko sa window 38,wala naman sya sinabi sakin,instead he asked for my air21 form na pinil upan ko,tapos binigyan ako ng pink slip and sinabi sakin na magbayad na daw ako sa air21.Nagtanung rin ako kung yun lang ba yun,sabi nya ok na daw.Kaya lito ang beauty ko ngayon !ano ba talaga ?! ang pagkakamali ko lang hindi na ako nagtanung hu hu hu hu...pls help me naman. :wacko:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.