SK&SP

K-1 people waiting for interviews at Montreal

3,179 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
Hello all you VJers!

Toronto Guy & I have been enjoying our long visit together, and have been busy dealing with all types of real life. Its funny, now that we don't have an internet-based relationship, I am not on the computer as much in the evening ;-)

Last night we were up til 1230 booking hotels and planning out route... I'm the only driver and it looks like a long road. He has promised to entertain me and Fiona (my 4 y/o)... we're looking at a trip to Atlanta (from Asheville, NC) to get my dad's truck, and then back to Asheville to sleep, and then from Asheville to Montreal - via the Adirondacks ;-) I'm glad that the truck has satellite radio!! :lol:

We are arriving in Montreal Monday afternoon/evening/night and will be staying right downtown ($48 a night, found through Kayak.com). Tuesday will be working/touring/finding the consulate and mapping our route, including potty breaks and 4 y/o 6 AM meltdown preparations :lol: Wednesday is the big day (guess the 4 couples will be racing to see who gets there first? :lol) and then we are staying til checkout on Friday - then on to Toronto, where we are staying in N. York at a really nice hotel ($34USD/night THANK YOU Hotwire). Hopefully we'll have the visa by the next week and will be on our way.

Papers are almost together, just need to finish assembling/copying my I-134. We're starting to pack and sweat ;-) Assembling some evidence, just in case my presence is not convincing enough :rofl:

We can't believe our interview is next week!!!!! But we are so glad to have spent so much time together while waiting, it's been truly amazing and rewarding. :dance: :dance: :dance:

So, refresh the memory - who all has an interview on the 8th? :blush:

Best of luck to everyone who has an interview next week!!! :dance: :dance: :dance:

Wow Kristin...that's a lot of moving around...and with a 4yr old....more power to you!!! :) (I love your daugther's name btw!)

Unreal isn't it? July is finally here and your interview is right around the corner! Mine is at the end of the month, but I'm still getting excited. It's sooo great that you got to wait together! Dex was asking me to do the same thing, but It's just not as easy with 2 babies and no furniture and toys for them...but we'll be there in about 6 weeks so it's ok.

Wish you 3 all the best!

129F

14 Oct 2008 --- I-129F sent to VSC

17 Oct 2008 ---- NOA1 (rec'd Oct.23rd)

17 Mar 2009 ---- NOA2 151days (rec'd Mar.21st)

31 Jul 2009 ---- Interview - APPROVED!! (visa rec'd Aug.5th)

16 Aug 2009 ---- BIG MOVE!!!! So many conflicting emotions!

21 Aug 2009 --- marriage - civil ceremony

AOS, EAD, AP

13 Oct 2009 --- sent to Chicago Lockbox

18 Nov 2009 -- Bio app. for AOS and EAD (Rec'd Nov. 2nd)

18 Dec 2009 --- AP and EAD APPROVED!!!! (AP rec'd Dec. 29th; EAD rec'd Dec. 31st)

15 Jan 2010 --- AOS transfered to CSC!!

19 Jan 2010 --- AOS touched

22 Jan 2010 --- AOS touched

25 Jan 2010 --- AOS touched

17 June 2010 ---AOS touched

18 June 2010 ---AOS touched

10 July 2010 --- AOS touched

12 July 2010 --- Letter to welcome new permanent resident and card ordered

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Reading on here that several people have had their P3's lost, how long should I wait before I start to panic? I am in southern Ontario (Kingston), going through MTL. I emailed them last week and was told they send out the package on the 23rd, but still nothing. Accounting for yesterday being a holiday, should I email them if I dont get it tomorrow? That will have been 7 business days since it was sent.

~*~*~Steph and Wes~*~*~
Married: 2010-01-20

ROC: (for the complete timeline click on my timeline button, the signature was getting too long!)
I-751 Sent: 2015-05-22
NOA1 Notice Date: 2015-05-27
NOA1 Received: 2015-06-06
Biometrics Notice Date: 2015-06-27
Biometrics Date: 2015-07-17

Interview Notice Date: 2015-07-28

Interview Date: ​2015-09-01
Approval Date:
Approval Notice Date:

hdh1crofujrxk.png

Timeline
Reading on here that several people have had their P3's lost, how long should I wait before I start to panic? I am in southern Ontario (Kingston), going through MTL. I emailed them last week and was told they send out the package on the 23rd, but still nothing. Accounting for yesterday being a holiday, should I email them if I dont get it tomorrow? That will have been 7 business days since it was sent.

I wouldn't worry just yet! I took mine 9 days to get here... they just mail it using some kind of slow, cheap method :lol:

Timeline

I wouldn't worry just yet! I took mine 9 days to get here... they just mail it using some kind of slow, cheap method :lol:

Oh ok! Well then, seeing as you aren't that far from me I will give it till the end of next week till I worry. Thanks hun!

~*~*~Steph and Wes~*~*~

ROC: (for the complete timeline click on my timeline button, the signature was getting too long!)

Approval Date:
Approval Notice Date:

hdh1crofujrxk.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
Hello all you VJers!

Toronto Guy & I have been enjoying our long visit together, and have been busy dealing with all types of real life. Its funny, now that we don't have an internet-based relationship, I am not on the computer as much in the evening ;-)

Last night we were up til 1230 booking hotels and planning out route... I'm the only driver and it looks like a long road. He has promised to entertain me and Fiona (my 4 y/o)... we're looking at a trip to Atlanta (from Asheville, NC) to get my dad's truck, and then back to Asheville to sleep, and then from Asheville to Montreal - via the Adirondacks ;-) I'm glad that the truck has satellite radio!! :lol:

We are arriving in Montreal Monday afternoon/evening/night and will be staying right downtown ($48 a night, found through Kayak.com). Tuesday will be working/touring/finding the consulate and mapping our route, including potty breaks and 4 y/o 6 AM meltdown preparations :lol: Wednesday is the big day (guess the 4 couples will be racing to see who gets there first? :lol) and then we are staying til checkout on Friday - then on to Toronto, where we are staying in N. York at a really nice hotel ($34USD/night THANK YOU Hotwire). Hopefully we'll have the visa by the next week and will be on our way.

Papers are almost together, just need to finish assembling/copying my I-134. We're starting to pack and sweat ;-) Assembling some evidence, just in case my presence is not convincing enough :rofl:

We can't believe our interview is next week!!!!! But we are so glad to have spent so much time together while waiting, it's been truly amazing and rewarding. :dance: :dance: :dance:

So, refresh the memory - who all has an interview on the 8th? :blush:

Best of luck to everyone who has an interview next week!!! :dance: :dance: :dance:

I am staying with a friend that lives pretty close to the consulate, which works out so well, I will be able to walk there in the morning. I am already soo excited tho, I will prolly be there waiting while its still dark! I have all my evidence and papers ready too, but I made the mistake of copying everything at the post office, I thought I might as well since I am there to get the envelope but ... 20 cents a page!! AHHH thats my little rant for today!!! And wow you found some really cheap hotels O.O

Hi everyone

I have returned from my absenteeism on VJ! I really needed to take a break from all the obsessing on the interview and enjoy the time I had to bond more with my future family in Asheville as well as getting used to the massive culture shock of pick-up truck hillbillies and organic hippies living together in peacefull harmony (for real!)

It's been one hell of a long rough ride. Here it is July already and we filed back in October '08 - it seems like a lifetime ago. So much has evolved and changed since October and now we're about 4 days off from the end-mark. I told Kristin, she has every right to jump and down and say " I told you so!!" because I've been so dang paranoid about the interview. Truth is - this visa will used for 2 days (after waiting 8 months for it) as we will get married emmediatly after crosisng the border to begin the AOS process. My poor frail mom is alone living in Toronto and I can't dilly-dally on the Adanved Parole.

I'm excited to meet the people from this forum on July 8th! b]Anyone up for a pleasant celebratory group lunch on the 8th?[/b] It's the "Canadian" thing to do afterall, eh!?

Edited by Toronto Guy

Timeline
Hi everyone

I have returned from my absenteeism on VJ! I really needed to take a break from all the obsessing on the interview and enjoy the time I had to bond more with my future family in Asheville as well as getting used to the massive culture shock of pick-up truck hillbillies and organic hippies living together in peacefull harmony (for real!)

It's been one hell of a long rough ride. Here it is July already and we filed back in October '08 - it seems like a lifetime ago. So much has evolved and changed since October and now we're about 4 days off from the end-mark. I told Kristin, she has every right to jump and down and say " I told you so!!" because I've been so dang paranoid about the interview. Truth is - this visa will used for 2 days (after waiting 8 months for it) as we will get married emmediatly after crosisng the border to begin the AOS process. My poor frail mom is alone living in Toronto and I can't dilly-dally on the Adanved Parole.

I'm excited to meet the people from this forum on July 8th! b]Anyone up for a pleasant celebratory group lunch on the 8th?[/b] It's the "Canadian" thing to do afterall, eh!?

My fiance and I are deffinetly game for having lunch after our interviews!! Would be so great to celebrate with other people who have been going through the same process!! Can't wait to see everyone in just 5 days :)

K-1 Visa

Event Date

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : Montreal, Canada

I-129F Sent : 2008-12-03

I-129F NOA1 : 2008-12-16

CHECK CASHED: 2008-12-18

TOUCHED: 2008-12-23

I-129F RFE(s) : NONE

I-129F NOA2 : 2009-04-06

NVC Left : 2009-04-13

Consulate Received : 2009-04-15

Packet 3 Mailed: 2009-04-17

Packet 3 Received : 2009-04-22

Packet 3 Sent : 2009-04-23

Packet 3 Received in Montreal: 2009-04-27

Medical : 2009-04-27

Packet 4 Received : 2009-06-08

Interview Date : 2009-07-08 Approved!

Visa Received : 2009-07-10

US Entry : 2009-07-16

Marriage : 2009-07-24

Comments : Church Wedding and Celebration on November 14, 2009.

Having civil wedding because need AP for trip to Ireland planned December 2009, couldn't risk not being able to go so civil wedding before the church wedding.

AOS, EAD and AP

CIS Office : Dover DE

Date Filed : 2009-07-29

Check Cashed: 2009-08-07

NOA Date : 2009-08-06

RFE(s) :

Received Bio Appt Notice: 2009-08-20

Bio. Appt. : 2009-08-31

AOS Transfer** : 2009-08-24

Interview Date : NONE

AP/EAD Approved: 2009-09-21

AOS Approved:2009-10-02

event.png

Timeline
Hi everyone

My fiance and I are deffinetly game for having lunch after our interviews!! Would be so great to celebrate with other people who have been going through the same process!! Can't wait to see everyone in just 5 days :)

We are close to Quebec, in a little hotel in upstate NY. Fiona is the most amazing 4-year old car tripper in the world ;)

Amber- youch! 20 cents a page!

HappyCloud - great for lunch! Hopefully there is a place nearby.

Anyone else??

:) Excited??!!

[font="Arial Black"][b]Our Visa Journey[/b][/font]
[color="#4B0082"]Met June 6, 2008 & Fell in love :)
He Propsed! September 15, 2008
Mailed I-129F: October 17th, 2008
[b]NOA1: October 28, 2008[/b]
[b]NOA2: March 13th, 2009 * Friday the 13th!*[/b]
NVC Received: April 2, 2009
NVC Shipped to Montreal Consulate: April 3, 2009
Montreal Consulate Received: April 6, 2009
Packet 3 Sent: April 9th, 2009
4/21: Contacted DoS RE lost packet 3 - operator told us to go ahead and send in all our documents
Packet 3 Received in Montreal: 4/22
Packet 3 logged in MTL: 4/24
Packet 4: June 3, 2009
[b]Interview Date: July 8, 2009!! APPROVED![/b]
POE & Date: July 15, 2009
Courthouse wedding: July 17, 2009

Ceremonial Wedding: First weekend June 2010 [/color]

I WISH I COULD FIX MY TIMELINE TOO! :)

[b]Getting it all together for the AOS :) [/b]

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Hello to the July-8th-interviewees! LOLOL

I just wanted to suggest a great little place for lunch. It's called "Café L'Étranger" (don't worry, they speak English there!) It's a little walk from the consulate...about 3 blocks or so on Ste. Catherine Street. It's at the corner of University in front of the Archambault store. It's in the basement so you have to look for the sign.

They have amaizing food and very affordable. If you don't feel for that, just walk west on Ste Catherine and you'll find plenty!. If you walk East, you''l be able to enjoy the Jazz fest. Enjoy Montreal!! and hope all your interviews go smoothly!

Can't wait to read your experiences!

129F

14 Oct 2008 --- I-129F sent to VSC

17 Oct 2008 ---- NOA1 (rec'd Oct.23rd)

17 Mar 2009 ---- NOA2 151days (rec'd Mar.21st)

31 Jul 2009 ---- Interview - APPROVED!! (visa rec'd Aug.5th)

16 Aug 2009 ---- BIG MOVE!!!! So many conflicting emotions!

21 Aug 2009 --- marriage - civil ceremony

AOS, EAD, AP

13 Oct 2009 --- sent to Chicago Lockbox

18 Nov 2009 -- Bio app. for AOS and EAD (Rec'd Nov. 2nd)

18 Dec 2009 --- AP and EAD APPROVED!!!! (AP rec'd Dec. 29th; EAD rec'd Dec. 31st)

15 Jan 2010 --- AOS transfered to CSC!!

19 Jan 2010 --- AOS touched

22 Jan 2010 --- AOS touched

25 Jan 2010 --- AOS touched

17 June 2010 ---AOS touched

18 June 2010 ---AOS touched

10 July 2010 --- AOS touched

12 July 2010 --- Letter to welcome new permanent resident and card ordered

Timeline

I just wanted to suggest a great little place for lunch. It's called "Café L'Étranger" (don't worry, they speak English there!) It's a little walk from the consulate...about 3 blocks or so on Ste. Catherine Street. It's at the corner of University in front of the Archambault store. It's in the basement so you have to look for the sign.

They have amaizing food and very affordable. If you don't feel for that, just walk west on Ste Catherine and you'll find plenty!. If you walk East, you''l be able to enjoy the Jazz fest. Enjoy Montreal!! and hope all your interviews go smoothly!

That sounds lovely.. I am sitting not too far from there right now, at the Second Cup on St. Catherine Street. What an amazing city! (now, if I could find Toronto Guy & Fiona.. :P )

The drive was long (2 days) but we made it to Montreal in time for Rush Hour today! (yay - at least we got a nice slow view of the city! :lol: ) the border crossing was pretty easy, the border guard was not too sure about my child-custody court order for Fiona (because my county courthouse doesn't believe in seals) anyway, here we are! We will probably scope the consulate tomorrow. For now, I need to catch up on work! :P

Edited by KristinL

4/21: Contacted DoS RE lost packet 3 - operator told us to go ahead and send in all our documents

Timeline

That sounds lovely.. I am sitting not too far from there right now, at the Second Cup on St. Catherine Street. What an amazing city! (now, if I could find Toronto Guy & Fiona.. :P )

The drive was long (2 days) but we made it to Montreal in time for Rush Hour today! (yay - at least we got a nice slow view of the city! :lol: ) the border crossing was pretty easy, the border guard was not too sure about my child-custody court order for Fiona (because my county courthouse doesn't believe in seals) anyway, here we are! We will probably scope the consulate tomorrow. For now, I need to catch up on work! :P

I totally want to live here. Perhaps its a little too late for that :rofl:

Timeline

Hi everyone, I just wanted to wish everybody with interviews tomarrow good luck. I can't believe it's July, and this is almost over! :)

Fall 2004: Met playing Warcraft

Aug 21, 2008: I-129 NOA1

Jan 30, 2009: I-129 NOA2

Mar 23, 2009: Package 3 logged at Mtl. consulate

Jul 15, 2009: Interview

Jul 26, 2009: Moving day!!!!!

Aug 24, 2009: Wedding

Timeline

Good luck on your interviews tomorrow!

My packet hasnt shown up, so I'm getting MTL to send another to me, just incase as its been 2 weeks now. Hopefully it shows up soon so I can be on the list as well!

~*~*~Steph and Wes~*~*~

Approval Date:
Approval Notice Date:

hdh1crofujrxk.png

Timeline

something if forgot Steph..they were closed for all 3 holidays, the 24th..and closed early on the 30th of june, 1st and 3rd of july as well. that might be a reason for part of the delay..i don't really think they send it out when they say they do...

HWDWm6.png

Good luck to all with interviews tomorrow!!!

AOS

Sent- 10-21-09

Tracking says Delivered by USPS-10-23-09

Check cashed-10-30-09 (MSC case # on back)

NOA 1 date-10-29-09 (Received Date 10-23-09)

Hard copy NOA - 11-02-09

Touch- 11-03-09

Received bio appt letter-11-07-09(dated 11-03-09)

Bio appt- 11-19-09

Transfer to CSC-11-18-09

Touch on 485/765- 11-19-09

Touch on 485/765- 11-20-09

Hard copy of transfer to CSC- 11-23-09

Touch on 485- 11-24-09 (now processing @ CSC email)

Touch on 485- 11-25-09

Touch on 485- 11-27-09

Touch on 485- 11-30-09

Touch on 485- 12-01-09

Touch on 485- 12-02-09

Touch on 485- 12-03-09

EAD/AP approved-12-18-09

EAD/AP touch- 12-21-09

GC APPROVED!!- 12-21-09

Notice mailed welcoming PR-12-21-09

2nd Card Production ordered email-12-22-09

Approval notice sent-12-28-09

GC arrived in the mail-01-05-10

Done with USCIS until September 14, 2011!!

ROC

Sent: 09-14-11

Received: 09-16-11

Check cashed: 09-21-11

y7nv8l5t.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.