SupportOAFJF

Yardies at home and farrin (part 9)

5,792 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

For those of you who frequent Magaritaville in Mobay, why a huge wave hit the club Friday night damn near drowned a whole bunch of people and knocked all the liqour off the shelf. They had to shut the club down Saturday for repairs.

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

6002239865101_1_27247687.jpg (cost of the IMMIGRATION PROCESS)

tep aff a mi name

• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Other Country: Jamaica
Timeline

hi everyone

Sorry i cant get online very often. I read alot but cant sign in bc i dont want to get in trouble @ work. U all seem like nice people so i want to get ur opinion on some stuff. Me and Winston met in Jamacia in October when i was on vacation w/ my sister. I met him on the beach when we were going on a glass bottom boat thing. We instantly got along & spent all trip together it was a great two weeks. So we talk all the time since i came back and he was asking me what i thought about the future. It seems fast to some but i know in my heart it is true love. I never felt like this about anyone. I am thinking of going to Jamacia for christmas and getting married on the beach. Some people told me that the consulate will not look good at us getting married so fast. What do you think? We just want to be together already. Who is the consulate tosay we arent soulmates?????

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
hi everyone

Sorry i cant get online very often. I read alot but cant sign in bc i dont want to get in trouble @ work. U all seem like nice people so i want to get ur opinion on some stuff. Me and Winston met in Jamacia in October when i was on vacation w/ my sister. I met him on the beach when we were going on a glass bottom boat thing. We instantly got along & spent all trip together it was a great two weeks. So we talk all the time since i came back and he was asking me what i thought about the future. It seems fast to some but i know in my heart it is true love. I never felt like this about anyone. I am thinking of going to Jamacia for christmas and getting married on the beach. Some people told me that the consulate will not look good at us getting married so fast. What do you think? We just want to be together already. Who is the consulate tosay we arent soulmates?????

You sure you don't want to just go back and visit. Anyway if you get married first your wait for the visa will be at least 8 months or more I'm guessing so you will not be together for nearly a year. Don't you want one more visit together before you get married? IF not I don't think you will have that hard of a time as long as your evidence of a relationship is on point. Are you talking Oct 08? I would visit at least one more time meet his family etc.

Opportunities are like sunrises - if you wait too long, you miss them.

William Arthur Ward

Filed: Timeline

Goodnite my sisters

Manya -- can't wait to hook up again

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

6002239865101_1_27247687.jpg (cost of the IMMIGRATION PROCESS)

tep aff a mi name

Timeline

JAEyes, you have to follow your heart - but you also have to use your mind and keep your eyes open. Two weeks of being on vacation is a short time- If I were you, I would visit over Christmas - stay at his house, get away from the tourist stuff, etc... I fully understand the need and desire to be together - but anyone here will tell you, this process is a frustrating, lengthy, trying one - Just because you get married at Christmas doesn't change much - you will still have to file and go through the process and be apart - Unfortunately, you can't just get married and come. In fact, getting married there could take longer than doing the K1 -

You have to really read, weigh your options, and take your time - but only you can decide what is right.

Fire de a Mus Mus tail, him tink a cool breeze

Filed: Other Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Thank you ladies

Yes, October 08, we had such a fabulous fantastic time and talk a million times per day. I do believe in love at first and though it may seemed rushed, I wouldn't want to have missed out on my happiness just because it is so soon.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Thank you ladies

Yes, October 08, we had such a fabulous fantastic time and talk a million times per day. I do believe in love at first and though it may seemed rushed, I wouldn't want to have missed out on my happiness just because it is so soon.

I met my SO Steve over the summer, in June.........I say visit at least one or 2 more times before filing anything...get him in his own element away from the tourist places. Steve took me to his hometown to meet friends and family, and although he treated me the same, it made me feel better to know that I was not some big secret and that I would be equally accepted by his friends and family. I am visiting my third time time in Dec-Jan for 2 weeks and then we will file for the k-1 visa.

Good luck, and I say follow your heart and take it as slow as you can stand!

event.png

Timeline

SUS, where did you go? You asked if I would be in Negril in another topic-Filling Status Questions-. The answer is yes. I will be in Negril with Steve Dec 31- Jan 13..... :jest::dancing: I see your timeline has you arriving a few days before me to JA, will you be in Negril? Maybe we could hook up????

Hey Claire, whaa gwaan?

event.png

Timeline
Thank you ladies

i had to add my 2 cents to this.....i don't want to seem harsh but i think you got some great advice from 2 others gals on here....you need to get your feet back on earth and focus on reality....i am sure everything was great and yes maybe it was love at first site..but you need to get to know him a little first...and get to know him in his environment....having a wonderful great time in JA is COMPLETLY different than marrying him in JA waiting for the GC and then being married and having him here and having him adjusting.....i really really really really think you should just hold off and wait...visit him a couple of times and just see how the whole things goes....if he is pressuring you to get married you really need to think about that!!

Just my opinion.....

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
I am thinking of going to Jamacia for christmas and getting married on the beach. Some people told me that the consulate will not look good at us getting married so fast. What do you think?

Not to sound negative (nothing personal against you) but seems like the embassy processes relationships faster when the couple has known each other for a shorter amount of time - this may actually work out to your benefit. I say be prepared to go down to the interview just in case they want to question you in person.

N-400 - Naturalization/Citizenship

10/26/12 - Sent N-400 packet to Phoenix lockbox via USPS mail w/Certified Delivery, received 10/29/12, check cashed 11/02/12

11/05/12 - NOA-1 received, notice date 10/31/2012, received and priority date 10/29/2012

11/09/12 - Biometrics notice received, biometrics appointment date 11/19/12

11/21/12 - In line for interview scheduling (letter received via USPS mail 12/17/12)

01/16/13 - N-400 interview/testing - APPROVED! Oath ceremony letter received late Jan. 2013

02/26/13 - OATH CEREMONY COMPLETED - NATURALIZED US CITIZEN!

751 - Removing Conditions

06/28/08 - Sent 751 packet to CSC via USPS Priority Mail (signature required)

07/05/08 - NOA received, dated 6/30/08

10/23/08 - Card ordered: APPROVED! (USCIS website)

10/30/08 - 10 YR GREENCARD RECEIVED

K-1 and AOS

07/07/05 - K1 Packet received - USPS tracking

09/19/05 - K1 approval online

12/01/05 - 1st K1 interview in Kingston: need updated birth certificate

12/13/05 - 2nd K1 interview in Kingston: Approved!

05/01/06 - AOS/EAD packet received

08/09/06 - AOS interview in SF: APPROVED!

08/19/06 - 2 YR GREENCARD RECEIVED

-----------

Live your life!

Timeline
Thank you ladies

i had to add my 2 cents to this.....i don't want to seem harsh but i think you got some great advice from 2 others gals on here....you need to get your feet back on earth and focus on reality....i am sure everything was great and yes maybe it was love at first site..but you need to get to know him a little first...and get to know him in his environment....having a wonderful great time in JA is COMPLETLY different than marrying him in JA waiting for the GC and then being married and having him here and having him adjusting.....i really really really really think you should just hold off and wait...visit him a couple of times and just see how the whole things goes....if he is pressuring you to get married you really need to think about that!!

Just my opinion.....

Tru Tru............think about all the possibilities! Especially if he has any strong opinion about it! There are good guys out there in the world too who do love us because they love us! It is your job and you owe it to yourself to figure that out about him JAeyes!

Nannygirl- your baby is too cute! Makes me get baby fever seeing all these BEAUTIFUL babies on here! :wub:

event.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

There are couples on this board who may have seen each other over a span of three trips (each trip lasting about 3-5 days, so for argument's sake lets say they spent a total of 15 days together before paperwork was filed) and say JAEyes files, but she spent an entire two weeks (14 days) with the man - seriously, what's the difference? The fact that one couple saw each other three separate times and someone else saw her loved one once?

Yes she should tread lightly but if she feels this is it, then taking one or two more trips down isn't gonna make much of a difference if her mind is already made.

For the years I've been on VJ, I've seen posts like these. This isn't the first (and by far it won't be the last) time a person from ANY country says something like this.

JAEyes whatever you decide, just be careful.

N-400 - Naturalization/Citizenship

10/26/12 - Sent N-400 packet to Phoenix lockbox via USPS mail w/Certified Delivery, received 10/29/12, check cashed 11/02/12

11/05/12 - NOA-1 received, notice date 10/31/2012, received and priority date 10/29/2012

11/09/12 - Biometrics notice received, biometrics appointment date 11/19/12

11/21/12 - In line for interview scheduling (letter received via USPS mail 12/17/12)

01/16/13 - N-400 interview/testing - APPROVED! Oath ceremony letter received late Jan. 2013

02/26/13 - OATH CEREMONY COMPLETED - NATURALIZED US CITIZEN!

751 - Removing Conditions

06/28/08 - Sent 751 packet to CSC via USPS Priority Mail (signature required)

07/05/08 - NOA received, dated 6/30/08

10/23/08 - Card ordered: APPROVED! (USCIS website)

10/30/08 - 10 YR GREENCARD RECEIVED

K-1 and AOS

07/07/05 - K1 Packet received - USPS tracking

09/19/05 - K1 approval online

12/01/05 - 1st K1 interview in Kingston: need updated birth certificate

12/13/05 - 2nd K1 interview in Kingston: Approved!

05/01/06 - AOS/EAD packet received

08/09/06 - AOS interview in SF: APPROVED!

08/19/06 - 2 YR GREENCARD RECEIVED

-----------

Live your life!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.