nsdale

NYC - EAD Overdue

1 post in this topic

Hi,

Been a while since i have had chance to post on here but finally in NYC, Married and so on so forth got SSN.

Applied for EAD and all the AOS stuff. Got all the NOA's had Biometrics feb 10th 2006,

Date of the EAD NOA - 31st December 2005

got a RFE for AOS which i sorted out sent back to them and they recieved on 31st Jan 2006 (according to recorded mail) although recieved no official confirmation from them althouth on the website both EAD and AOS were updated feb 19th 2006 (which i assume is updating them with the biometrics).

Any way waited all through March thinking hmmm over 3months so rang them beginning of April. They told me to ring at the beginning of May cause they dont do anything about overdue stuff until its atleast 1 month over.

So waited some more May came i rang them, they agreed it was overdue and past the processing date as they were doing mid feb by then. So they said they would try to get it sorted and passed me onto another person who said about getting a temp EAD via Infopass.

As i am currently doing some certifications i decided not to bother with a temp EAD (its hard enough getting a job by all accounts with a EAD and a SSN saying about working with DHS auth only let alone with a temp EAD) so it gives me more time to study for the certifications.

Anyway needless to say another month has now passed they said ring back if it wasnt sorted in a Month (well they said i should hear from them within a month) they took my email and telephone number so they could contact me that way. It didnt happen. Now its not a major issue as i still have plenty of certifications to do but of course its nice to have an income.

However i was just wondering if anyone else has had a experience similar (or heard of anyone who has) and how long it took and if there is anything i should do to help speed things up. I am in Brooklyn, NY just in case anyone around here has heard of issues. Erm i think all my documents were sent to Chicago but as i said they have all been found as NOA's have been recieved.

Let me know

Thanks

Nick

--- I-129F ---

Filed I129F ---- 03th June 2005

All Forms Recieved by London ---- 16th August 2005

Medical ---- 22nd August 2005

Interview Date via E-Mail ---- 05th October 2005

Interview --- 14th October 2005 10:30am Approved

Passport Recieved Back --- 18th October 2005

Flying home to be with my sweety --- 24th October 2005

Arrived in JFK POE was easy took 30 mins finally with my sweety

Went to Brooklyn SSA and applied for ssn told approx 14 days --- 07th November 2005

Got SSN married Dec 14th 2005

Applied for EAD/AOS recieved NOA 31st Dec 2005

Mid Jan RFE recieved FOR AOS

RFE info recieved at Chicago --- 31st Jan 2006

Biometrics --- 10 Feb 2006

EAD Recieved --- 16 June 2006

RFE AOS --- 29 June 2006

RFE AOS replied and recieved by USCIS --- 19 July 2006

AOS Touched --- 21,22 July 2006

AOS Approved ---- 08/03/06

Welcome to America Letter ---- 08/07/06

Personal Meetings - August 2002 (NYC), December 2002 (NYC), December 2003 (NYC), August 2004 (England), December 2004 (England), May 2005 (NYC), June 2005 (England)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.