Corey-Mariya

Presidential Debate

71 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
You guys are still dodging the race card...... well, that'd be the SOP, right?

Slim, sorry if my initial post was confusing, there should be no race issue, it's just geography.

The area where this happened is sort of a conflux of two distinct neighborhoods, one Egyptian and one African American. There are actually more tensions between Copt and Muslim factions within the Egyptian neighborhood. I honestly can't imagine any different outcome were this to have occurred in the Italian, Polish, Puerto Rican, or any other nearby communities.

08.24.06 - I-129F sent to VSC

08.30.06 - NOA1

09.01.06 - NOA1 snail mail

09.09.06 - touched

09.15.06 - NAO2 approval via email

09.19.06 - NVC receives package

09.20.06 - NAO2 snail mail

09.26.06 - NVC mails package to US Embassy in Moscow

10.03.06 - Consolate receives package

10.17.06 - Interview prep package received by fiancee

12.12.06 - Approved!

12.16.06 - Picked up visa from DHL office in Moscow

12.20.06 - POE JFK, just in time for the holidays...

02.10.07 - Married, viva Las Vegas!

04.02.07 - AOS mailed

04.10.07 - AOS NAO1 received

05.03.07 - Biometrics @ Varick St., Manhattan

06.05.07 - Request to Appear for Initial Interview received (interview date: July 31)

06.25.07 - EAD card received

06.28.07 - AP document received (thanks for nothin', she'll have her green card before her travel date!)

07.31.07 - Initial interview a breeze!

08.13.07 - Green card arrives in the mail

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Timeline

I dodged the race question because it's not something I like to accuse someone of lightly. It raised my eyebrows too, but I take groovlstk at his word that he was describing the situation using "black" as an adjective rather than as a racial undertone. I otherwise disagree with his stance on the issue, but there's plenty to pick apart without going there. :)

I was stirring the pot a little, I'll admit (ala Jesse Jackson or the Rev. Al Sharpton - anything involving any black people whatsoever "gotsta be racist.") but there is a deeper issue (if you care to explore it) and that is when "disagreeable" things start happening in our country a lot of times people think "something should be done" but it's not very often they take action to do it. Often times the folks willing to take action are from minority groups.... why is that?

Care to touch on this sensitive issue?

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

Filed: Timeline

Only to say that I totally agree with you in general. There seems to be these little morality plays that pop up almost as urban legends, where (dark skinned person) gets his just deserts from (other dark skinned person/people), thereby serving up a hefty portion of justice while simultaneously leaving whitey's hands nice and clean, yet still giving him a sense of satisfaction.

So whitey's hands are clean in all of this?

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

Timeline

I dodged the race question because it's not something I like to accuse someone of lightly. It raised my eyebrows too, but I take groovlstk at his word that he was describing the situation using "black" as an adjective rather than as a racial undertone. I otherwise disagree with his stance on the issue, but there's plenty to pick apart without going there. :)

I don't know the demographics of the people cited in Blues Fairy's earlier post about the mob who beat students who were cheering after 9/11 (or was it all hypothetical?). There was no agreement that "something should be done," what occurred was completely spontaneous. There was no time for even the slightest planning and everything was over in a matter of minutes. If you coughed you would have missed it.

08.30.06 - NOA1

09.09.06 - touched

12.12.06 - Approved!

04.02.07 - AOS mailed

06.05.07 - Request to Appear for Initial Interview received (interview date: July 31)

06.28.07 - AP document received (thanks for nothin', she'll have her green card before her travel date!)

Timeline
So whitey's hands are clean in all of this?

Only if you believe there were dirty hands to begin with, which I do not.

08.30.06 - NOA1

09.09.06 - touched

12.12.06 - Approved!

04.02.07 - AOS mailed

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
I was stirring the pot a little, I'll admit (ala Jesse Jackson or the Rev. Al Sharpton - anything involving any black people whatsoever "gotsta be racist.") but there is a deeper issue (if you care to explore it) and that is when "disagreeable" things start happening in our country a lot of times people think "something should be done" but it's not very often they take action to do it. Often times the folks willing to take action are from minority groups.... why is that?

I don't point to "color" as the reason, I point to "conditioning".

White folk (today) are so ingrained to use reason, fairness and measured response that they often

never act.. they only react.

Nine times out of ten, when two white guys fight, they both come together like it's a ruled sport.

With Black guys it's a totally different experience, they will try their best to get that first "sneek" in there and then take you apart... there are no rules.

It has way more to do with culture than is does race.

Todays white culture (by and large) is so subdued that someone could insult a persons mother and they would intellectually reason; "well the guy does have a right to freedom of speech".

Insult a Black guys mother and see what happens.

Did I say too much????

type2homophobia_zpsf8eddc83.jpg

"Those people who will not be governed by God

will be ruled by tyrants."

William Penn

So we can reduce it all to "your mama"?

Русский форум член.

Filed: Country: Russia
Timeline

White folk (today) are so ingrained to use reason, fairness and measured response that they often

Nine times out of ten, when two white guys fight, they both come together like it's a ruled sport.

With Black guys it's a totally different experience, they will try their best to get that first "sneek" in there and then take you apart... there are no rules.

Todays white culture (by and large) is so subdued that someone could insult a persons mother and they would intellectually reason; "well the guy does have a right to freedom of speech".

Did I say too much????

Russian guys would do the same, and they're white. I think it all depends on how much of a risk something is. If some guy did something offensive to me in Russia, I would fully expect my boyfriend to kick his ### and then probably for all of our friends to beat up that guy's friends. The only thing the police would do is more bodily harm. I would have lower expectations of an American man, since beating someone up could earn him a night in jail and an assault charge. I don't think it has to do with race or even culture; it has to do with how much the police care about what you do--the risk involved.

Первый блин комом.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Did I say too much????

Russian guys would do the same, and they're white. I think it all depends on how much of a risk something is. If some guy did something offensive to me in Russia, I would fully expect my boyfriend to kick his ### and then probably for all of our friends to beat up that guy's friends. The only thing the police would do is more bodily harm. I would have lower expectations of an American man, since beating someone up could earn him a night in jail and an assault charge. I don't think it has to do with race or even culture; it has to do with how much the police care about what you do--the risk involved.

Russians are white and they do have a different culture, this is exactly what I was referring to.

Even in the usa there are some sub groups ( or what ever you want to call them) of white cultures where the "rabbit syndrome" is not so prevalent.

type2homophobia_zpsf8eddc83.jpg

"Those people who will not be governed by God

will be ruled by tyrants."

William Penn

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.