jamesNrei

DV paid in AUGUST, Visa pending as of OCTOBER 7

2,857 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-5 Country: Philippines
Timeline
ToddnCezy, if that's the case Dr Arnold's secretary will most likely call you and tell you to have a second dose of MMR to complete the series before they transcribe your vaccination to your DS 3025. Yung Tdap ok na yun, once every 10 years lang yun. Go ka na lang sa health center they will give you your 2nd dose of MMR, for a cheap price lang. Mga $10-15 lang siguro un. then send the proof of your 2nd dose of MMR to the clinic :D

toddnCezy, retract ko lang yung previous post ko. Your MMR and Tdap are already complete. No need to get the 2nd shot as i posted earlier. I was thinking about Varicella. Sorry for the confusion I caused. :)

TALAGA????!! Yehey! Hulog ka ng langit, mare!! Thank you talaga.. Naibsan yung worries ko.. :thumbs::dance::yes::P

SDYlm4.png

-=MY TIMELINE=-

K1 IR-5 (Dad)

01.05.09 - Medical

01.09.09 - Embassy Interview 11.25.13 - Mailed I-130 to Chicago Lockbox

01.17.09 - Visa rec'd 11.26.13 - Packet rec'd

02.03.09 - US Entry (POE: LAX) 11.27.13 - Check cashed

02.18.09 - Wedding 12.01.13 - NOA1 (Transfer to VSC

AOS 01.12.14 - NOA2 (Transfer to NVC)

03.02.09 - Applied for SSN on 2/27;SSN rec'd in mail 02.24.14 - NVC changed # to MNL

03.20.09 - AOS sent to Chicago via USPS 02.27.14 - DS 261 submitted

03.23.09 - AOS Package rec'd @ Chicago 03.04.14 - AOS fee paid; showed paid status on 3/6

07.06.09 - Welcome letter rec'd = FINALLY! 03.10.14 - AOS packet sent

07.09.09 - 10-YR GC rec'd.. odd? 03.12.14 - AOS packet delivered

I-751 03.17.14 - Rec'd IV bill invoice

04.04.11 - Infopass re:10-yr GC 03.18.14 - IV Fee paid; showed paid status on 3/20

04.09.11 - I-751 packet sent to VSC; delivered on 4/11 03.23.14 - DS 260 submitted online

04.22.11 - Check cashed; Rec'd NOA on 4/23 03.28.14 - Rec'd AOS checklist via email

06.27.11 - Rec'd bio appt in the mail:EB 07/08 (walk-in) 03.31.14 - Mailed checklist with corections

12.13.11 - I-751 approved 04.01.14 - Mailed civil documents

12.19.11 - 10-yr GC rec'd 04.03.14 - Civil docs delivered

N-400 04.07.14 - Advance Medical--PASSED!Done in 1 day

04.17.12 - N400 packet sent to TX Lockbox: REJECTED 04.18.14 - False IV checklist rec'd

05.17.12 - N400 resent to Lewisville,TX 04.23.14 - IV checklist re:Qatar PCC

05.23.12 - Check cashed; Rec'd NOA on 5/26 05.05.14 - Qatar PCC sent to NVC

06.01.12 - Rec'd bio appt in the mail:EB 06/11 instead of 6/21 06.05.14 - Case completed

07.09.12 - Rec'd interview letter for 8/14 @ 2PM 07.16.14 - Interview rescheduled due to Typhoon Glenda

08.14.12 - PASSED Interview; awaiting oath letter 07.31.14 - Interview @ USEM: APPROVED

10.01.12 - Rec'd Oath Letter 08.05.14 - Visa on hand

10.12.12 - Oath ceremony! I'm finally a USC! 08.27.14 - POE: LAX

09.08.14 - SSN in mail

09.15.14 - ELIS status changed to OPTIMIZED

09.22.14 - ELIS status CLOSED

09.26.14 - GC received

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Timeline

ola!

namiss ko kayong lahat.. just checking in....kamusta?

i just submitted my AOS nung march 10 coz i just had my 2nd shot of varicella a week before that and we're hoping to have the a[[roval of my AOS after sept 25 (our 2nd weeding anniversary) para IR na makuha ko (hopefully).

well, like stephnria, malaki din nagastos ko sa vaccine kahit pa sa department of health ako nagpavaccine. 1st visit $245 for the Tdap, MMR and Varicella then 2nd visit $111 for the 2nd varicella shot. tapos, $30 ung transcription fee ni dr. arnold.

it's very much different here in vegas or nevada. medyo maluwag. since day 1, ive been driving with my international driver's license and 2 weeks after i got an instruction permit na without an SSN. di kailangan sa DMV dito. but binulungan ako nung taga DMV na i can still drive using my international license kasi the permit allows u to drive lang if u are with someone with a Nevada driver's license and i cant survive doing that kasi si hubby lagi nasa work. i went to DMV ang passed the written test, 2 mistakes!!! (yabang!!) then, i was scheduled sa actual driving test ko feb 23, 12noon bumagsak ako. hahhaha.. it's easy to learn but really hard to unlearn habits...###### ang examiner ko. di pa nagsisi,ula mainit na ulo. gutom na yata kasi 12 noon ang sched ko. im scheduled for my 2nd actual march 30th. wala ako advice kasi it's different per state at examiner at tyempuhan din daw sa mabait na examiner kasi ung friend ko dito halos bumagsak na sya sa poste nung 3rd take nya eh pinasa pa daw sya at nakakuha license.

ping, jamesnrei, may SSN na kayo? how fast na-approve EAD nyo? how many days from the time you filed it til the approval? did you submit it with your AOS? mababaliw na ko. gusto ko na magwork. bakit may nagpost dito, si minang yata, she's on a K1 visa pero after 2 weeks nareceive na daw nya yung greencard nya at SS card, tama ba?

do i just wait now? i've submitted my AOS, I-864, EAD, G325A, I-693. did i miss anything?

hi to all! :D

hmmm updates... I have my SSN now after the delay of my I-94. It was not stapled to my passport when I arrived, so I went to Homeland office to get one for me and my son. So now I have my SSN card we opened a joint bank account yesterday, and like nbfsb I have been reviewing too, I might apply for driver's license once I had my exams done (thanks minang for the tip), and I'm still waiting for my hubby's ITR to complete our AOS papers. So far that's it. I hope all is well with the rest of the gang. ;)

WAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!! Bat wala pa rin SSN ko? Mag isang buwan na!!!!!!!!!!

Nag-apply ka na ba o kompleto ka ba sa requirements mo? Hindi automatic yan sa K1 holders. Sa CR1/IR1/CR2/IR2 automatic kasi.

See the link for requirements.

http://www.ssa.gov/ss5doc/oriselfres.htm#work

May EAD ka na ba?

hi manny, naconfuse ako sa mga posts dito...bakit nakakuha na sila ng SSN and they're on a K1 visa?

im on a K3 and a week after i arrived, we went to a local SS office and they were asking for my I-766 or I-688B (i think this is the EAD???)

i cant apply for a SSN daw without this. nabubuwisit na nga hubby ko kasi di nya ko maclaim sa tax refund nya eh dahil nga wala pa daw ako SSN. what do i do? kasusubmit ko lang ng EAD ko with my AOS nung march 10

Minang is not on a K-1 visa. I believe she's an IR-2 visa holder. She's petitioned by her mom.

BTW, ako rin bagsak sa unang behind the wheel test. 12:00 ang exam ko at masungit yung examiner ko. Kaya siguro bagsak ako. Lipat tuloy ako ng DMV office. :)

Edited by Jose Rizal

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

lola! (that's you trinidad-lohner :D ) how have you been? long time no hear ha.

About your question, I have my SSN 1 month after i got my I-94, remember the officer did not attach ours on our passport when we arrived. I just sent our AOS packet last March 3 thru USPS. The Chicago office received our papers on the 5th, they cashed our check on the 12th, and today (that's 14th) I received our notice of receipts (AOS, EAD, Travel Document). Kaso may sabit,at first I insisted that my 3 y/o son needs an EAD (I-765) for his SSN but my hubby firmly believed that he does not. so in short naniwala ang gaga so without confirming it i sent our packet without the EAD application for my son. Then last week I checked VJ (ewan ko ba kung bakit di ko ginawa from the start) and stumbled upon a post re SSN for K2, K3,K4 visa holder and andun yung link for the guide. So un nga my son does need EAD for him to have a SSN! sighs... same goes for you too trinidad-lohner. so I called the SS local office and they verified even a 3 yr old boy needs an EAD before they give him a number. I made a call also to USCIS office and they told me just send my son's EAD form together with the copy of Receipt notice i received today. Hopefully wala nang sabit after that. The notice says next step is to have our biometrics taken and wait for the appointment letter. I don't know how long it will take for us to receive the EAD. This process is so confusing sobra, sayang nga di ka maclaim ni hubby sa tax nya, halos 2+ din un. So wait ka lang ng 1 week.

musta vegas? have you seen any celebrities yet?

si ping kaya ano balita?

Edited by jamesNrei

AOS

03-03-2009 - AOS, EAD, AP sent to Chicago office (USPS)

03-11-2009 - Notice Date

03-25-2009 - Case transferred to CSC

05-05-2009 - GC, EAD card, AP received. :D

Timeline

eh may isa pa walang visa eh...pano yan? usod na natin graduation? sabagay ^_^ nag-a AOS na mga tao eh.

AOS

03-11-2009 - Notice Date

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
ola!

namiss ko kayong lahat.. just checking in....kamusta?

i just submitted my AOS nung march 10 coz i just had my 2nd shot of varicella a week before that and we're hoping to have the a[[roval of my AOS after sept 25 (our 2nd weeding anniversary) para IR na makuha ko (hopefully).

well, like stephnria, malaki din nagastos ko sa vaccine kahit pa sa department of health ako nagpavaccine. 1st visit $245 for the Tdap, MMR and Varicella then 2nd visit $111 for the 2nd varicella shot. tapos, $30 ung transcription fee ni dr. arnold.

it's very much different here in vegas or nevada. medyo maluwag. since day 1, ive been driving with my international driver's license and 2 weeks after i got an instruction permit na without an SSN. di kailangan sa DMV dito. but binulungan ako nung taga DMV na i can still drive using my international license kasi the permit allows u to drive lang if u are with someone with a Nevada driver's license and i cant survive doing that kasi si hubby lagi nasa work. i went to DMV ang passed the written test, 2 mistakes!!! (yabang!!) then, i was scheduled sa actual driving test ko feb 23, 12noon bumagsak ako. hahhaha.. it's easy to learn but really hard to unlearn habits...###### ang examiner ko. di pa nagsisi,ula mainit na ulo. gutom na yata kasi 12 noon ang sched ko. im scheduled for my 2nd actual march 30th. wala ako advice kasi it's different per state at examiner at tyempuhan din daw sa mabait na examiner kasi ung friend ko dito halos bumagsak na sya sa poste nung 3rd take nya eh pinasa pa daw sya at nakakuha license.

ping, jamesnrei, may SSN na kayo? how fast na-approve EAD nyo? how many days from the time you filed it til the approval? did you submit it with your AOS? mababaliw na ko. gusto ko na magwork. bakit may nagpost dito, si minang yata, she's on a K1 visa pero after 2 weeks nareceive na daw nya yung greencard nya at SS card, tama ba?

do i just wait now? i've submitted my AOS, I-864, EAD, G325A, I-693. did i miss anything?

yeah you're right. Even my 19-year old son is a good driver, he failed his actual driving. Right now it's very difficult to make an appointment. Wala pa cya sched. Meron kse cyang critical error kaya ayun, bagsak he he. I recieved my driver's license yesterday and I was sooo happy kse i'm free to go anywhere yehey! I can drive my car now. thank you Lord!

yeah you're right. Even my 19-year old son is a good driver, he failed his actual driving. Right now it's very difficult to make an appointment. Wala pa cya sched. Meron kse cyang critical error kaya ayun, bagsak he he. I recieved my driver's license yesterday and I was sooo happy kse i'm free to go anywhere yehey! I can drive my car now. thank you Lord!

Check other DMV offices near your place.

you mean, automatically they send you your SSN? i went to a local social security office, hinahanap nila yung EAD ko befre they can issue daw a SSN for me. hindi din ako maclaim ni hubby bec wala akong SSN. sayang din yung refund. kaya hinihintay namin ung response ng USCIS. march 10 namin finile yung AOS and EAD, wala pang notice til now. and chicago lockbox din.

and wala pa kong nakikitang celebrity except for the NASCAR drivers, heheh

lola! (that's you trinidad-lohner :D ) how have you been? long time no hear ha.

About your question, I have my SSN 1 month after i got my I-94, remember the officer did not attach ours on our passport when we arrived. I just sent our AOS packet last March 3 thru USPS. The Chicago office received our papers on the 5th, they cashed our check on the 12th, and today (that's 14th) I received our notice of receipts (AOS, EAD, Travel Document). Kaso may sabit,at first I insisted that my 3 y/o son needs an EAD (I-765) for his SSN but my hubby firmly believed that he does not. so in short naniwala ang gaga so without confirming it i sent our packet without the EAD application for my son. Then last week I checked VJ (ewan ko ba kung bakit di ko ginawa from the start) and stumbled upon a post re SSN for K2, K3,K4 visa holder and andun yung link for the guide. So un nga my son does need EAD for him to have a SSN! sighs... same goes for you too trinidad-lohner. so I called the SS local office and they verified even a 3 yr old boy needs an EAD before they give him a number. I made a call also to USCIS office and they told me just send my son's EAD form together with the copy of Receipt notice i received today. Hopefully wala nang sabit after that. The notice says next step is to have our biometrics taken and wait for the appointment letter. I don't know how long it will take for us to receive the EAD. This process is so confusing sobra, sayang nga di ka maclaim ni hubby sa tax nya, halos 2+ din un. So wait ka lang ng 1 week.

musta vegas? have you seen any celebrities yet?

si ping kaya ano balita?

Timeline

trinidad-lohner, for K1 kasi iba ang policy for SSN. K1's just have to present the I-94,and passport. Di na nga tiningnan marriage certificate namin eh, once nasa system na nila I-94 ko nag-apply na ko SSN . For K2, k3,& K4 apply first for EAD before you can get the SSN. Wait ka na lang ng 2-4 days marereceive mo na yung NOA mo. Then you will receive the letter for your biometrics appointment. :)

minang, congrats to your achievement! :)

AOS

03-11-2009 - Notice Date

hi guys! i am driving here sa maryland using my international license. pero once na ready na ako kumuha ng license, kukuha na rin ako. i'm just preparing myself pa. practice pa ako ng practice. nakakaloka, ang bilis ng mga sasakyan dito.

anyway, yun lang naman so far.

ingat sa lahat!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.