jamesNrei

DV paid in AUGUST, Visa pending as of OCTOBER 7

2,857 posts in this topic

stephnria: Best wishes! :D

pinkria: You will receive it soon :). Heres a dance for you... :dance: :dance: :dance:

trinidadlohner: Hahahahahahhahaha *wicked smile* Im doing great here! Ive been going to school with Matt. So i get to sit-in in his classes weeeee.

rei and jettyglen: I got my I-693 from Dr. Arnold's office. :) No added vaccines, skin test or blood tests.

They mailed me my SS Card already. Its in my married name so now i dont have to go around carrying my marraige license hahahaha.

hi Ping, when ka nag file sa imo AOS? kami puhon pa next week, sa tuesday pa amo appointment sa transcribe diri oi. so u mean wala ka nag pa vaccine bisan isa? naa man jud ko kaila nag wala sad sya nag pa vaccine adto gi required sa st. lukes direstso ra sya transcribe then na tagaan sya RFE, mao dayun to nag pa vaccine sya ulit. samok kaau ni AOS oi kuti kaau, wala pa jud klaro usahay. hmmhmmm... good luck sa atong mga AOS.

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline
bevs: Hiya. Its not that i didnt want the vaccine. Im done with all my needed vaccines during my medical in St. Lukes. I talked with the Dr. Arnold's assistant. She said i dont need the T-dap second dose yet... its too soon. That was the vaccine that St. Lukes told me to have done in the US. But I had the first dose of T-dap in St. Lukes. And they said i already received all the vaccines needed thats suitable for my age. So hopefully i wont get an RFE. I almost got everything i need. Im just waiting for my hubby's final Form 1040 and W2. Ill be filing my AOS and EAD pretty soon. :) Yeah... i hope this will all be over soon hahaha. Edited by PingLocalHostess

I-129F Sent------------------------------------------04.21.2008

Interview Date---------------------------------------09.12.2008 (white and pink slip)

Visa Received----------------------------------------10.20.2008

US Entry----------------------------------------------10.29.2008 (POE: Detroit)

Marriage----------------------------------------------12.18.2008

(Cant file AOS yet, had to wait after filing taxes)

AOS packet sent w/ EAD----------------------------03.19.2009

NOA1 - Receipt Notice-------------------------------03.27.2009

1st Biometrics Appointment Notice-----------------03.31.2009 (for I-485 & I-765)

Transfer Notice (to CSC)----------------------------04.09.2009

1st Biometrics Schedule-----------------------------04.21.2009 (Attendant said either my fingerprints had slightly faded or their scanning machine sucks... #######?!)

2nd Biometrics Appointment Notice----------------04.23.2009 (*sigh*)

2nd Biometrics Schedule----------------------------05.14.2009 (for I-485)

Received EAD (sent by mail)-----------------------05.18.2009

Welcome Notice-------------------------------------06.01.2009 (for I-485)

Approval Notice and Resident Card received------06.11.2009

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi to all! :D

trinidad-lohner, I am already married. it's been almost a month now. So you've been doing some man-hunting lately eh? Naughty ata si hubby while you were away?

PingLocalHostess, how many days did the turnover take, from the day you sent the vaccination thing in the mail to the day you received it? coz I sent ours last Wed and am still waiting for our vaccination supplement from the doctor's office. Btw, can you pretty please send me the list of things you've been preparing for your AOS? I want to be sure I got everything right. Do we have to send a certified true copy marriage certificate ? thanks in advance. :D

pretty mommy, happy reunion! I still get overwhelmed with the huge serving here, so to keep the weight off I always have to ask for a to-go box.

bevs, good luck to your AOS too.

AOS

03-03-2009 - AOS, EAD, AP sent to Chicago office (USPS)

03-11-2009 - Notice Date

03-25-2009 - Case transferred to CSC

05-05-2009 - GC, EAD card, AP received. :D

bevs: Hiya. Its not that i didnt want the vaccine. Im done with all my needed vaccines during my medical in St. Lukes. I talked with the Dr. Arnold's assistant. She said i dont need the T-dap second dose yet... its too soon. That was the vaccine that St. Lukes told me to have done in the US. But I had the first dose of T-dap in St. Lukes. And they said i already received all the vaccines needed thats suitable for my age. So hopefully i wont get an RFE. I almost got everything i need. Im just waiting for my hubby's final Form 1040 and W2. Ill be filing my AOS and EAD pretty soon. :) Yeah... i hope this will all be over soon hahaha.

mao ba Ping. when dia ka nag pa medical? ako sept, ila age ko ti tagaan second dose sa tdap. lahi sad ng TD? sos ambot nalng jud aning mga vaccina oi perti ba ka hasol... hehehehe. ako daghan2 ako kay mas tigulan paman ko nimo :wacko: hehehe. bu cge lang for protection man sad...puhon ma addtional lan sad ng imo.. kami sad pa transcribe pa mi ugma, then basin puhon friday amo na e send. good luck sa ato tanan na nag file for AOS.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Ok guys. Im confused. I am already done with the AOS forms... I-485 (Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status), G325 (Bigraphic Information), I-765(Application for Employment Authorization), I-131 (Application for Travel Document) and Affidavit of Support I-864

I have the following attachments

1. Birth Certificate

2. Copy of K1 Visa

3. Photos

4. Vaccination Documentation Worksheet from SLEC

5. Copy of K1 petition approval

6. Copy of Marriage Certificate

Ok, confused ako sa medical part. Ok na ba itong vaccination documentation worksheet from SLEC? Or I need to go to a civil surgeon pa? Also I will be paying $1,010 for me and $600 for my son right? Ok na ba pagsamahin in one check or 2 separate checks dapat? And I will be needing affidavit of support for each of us or pwedeng isa na lang?

Sorry dami kong tanong. Just making sure lang po. Thanks guys.

January 16, 2008 - sent I-129F (Vermont)

January 21, 2008 - NOA1

March 16, 2008 - NOA2

August 7&9,2008 - Medical K1&K2

August 21, 2008 - Paid document verification fee (P1,300)

August 27, 2008 - Interview

September 08,2008 - Document Verification request sent to NSO

Spetember 19,2008 - Document Verification done -sent back to US Embassy Manila

November 03, 2008 - Case under review

November 26, 2008 - VISA printed

November 28, 2008 - VISA in transit

December 02, 2008- VISA IN HAND

January 12, 2009 - Arrived USA, POE Los Angeles

January 21, 2009 - Got married

January 22, 2009 - Applied for SSN

AOS

February 10, 2009 - Went to Dr. Janet Pettyjohn for form I-693

February 11, 2009 - Sent our AOS packet to Chicago

February 12, 2009 - Packet received signed for by L BOX

February 22, 2009 - Received NOA1 for AOS, EAD & AP

March 17, 2009 - Biometrics Appointment

March 21, 2009 - SSN card arrived in the mail

April 6, 2009 - took driver's license exam and passed! (written and road test)

April 10, 2009 - Repeat Biometrics Appointment

April 14,2009 - Received AP documents in the mail

April 16, 2009 - Received EAD in the mail

SEptember 4, 2009 - GREENCARD received

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Eng eng ko talaga... kailangan ko nga pumunta ng civil surgeon. I just read the step by step guide to aos.

January 16, 2008 - sent I-129F (Vermont)

January 21, 2008 - NOA1

March 16, 2008 - NOA2

August 7&9,2008 - Medical K1&K2

August 21, 2008 - Paid document verification fee (P1,300)

August 27, 2008 - Interview

September 08,2008 - Document Verification request sent to NSO

Spetember 19,2008 - Document Verification done -sent back to US Embassy Manila

November 03, 2008 - Case under review

November 26, 2008 - VISA printed

November 28, 2008 - VISA in transit

December 02, 2008- VISA IN HAND

January 12, 2009 - Arrived USA, POE Los Angeles

January 21, 2009 - Got married

January 22, 2009 - Applied for SSN

AOS

February 10, 2009 - Went to Dr. Janet Pettyjohn for form I-693

February 11, 2009 - Sent our AOS packet to Chicago

February 12, 2009 - Packet received signed for by L BOX

February 22, 2009 - Received NOA1 for AOS, EAD & AP

March 17, 2009 - Biometrics Appointment

March 21, 2009 - SSN card arrived in the mail

April 6, 2009 - took driver's license exam and passed! (written and road test)

April 10, 2009 - Repeat Biometrics Appointment

April 14,2009 - Received AP documents in the mail

April 16, 2009 - Received EAD in the mail

SEptember 4, 2009 - GREENCARD received

Eng eng ko talaga... kailangan ko nga pumunta ng civil surgeon. I just read the step by step guide to aos.

hi ria, oo punta ka CS dyan, but if gusto mong mka save punta sa sa dist. health dyan , mas mura kasi mga vaccines dyan, then sabihin mo sa kanila u only need the follow up shots, yung may mga second dose. dalhin mo yun vaccination sheet frm st. lukes for there guide what kind of shots u need. then pwede pag tapos kana , transcribe mo lang sa CS mga 30 bucks lang bayad to transcribe, mag download ka ng for I-693, bigay mo sa CS. hope it help. good luck.

Edited by bevs

Timeline

jamesnrei: They said 2 days turnover after the day they receive it. I mailed mine just as regular post.... not as priority... so it'll take 2-3 days before they'll receive it. So i mailed it Jan. 16 and i got it Jan 23. They sent me a receipt, my copy of I-693 and an envelop that says "Dont open, for immigration purposes."

As for my checklist hehe... its this link: http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/i-485instr.pdf and http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...mp;page=k1k3aos . I had these printed out.

I was confused with affidavit of support at first but i figured it out already..... was pretty silly of me. Matt has no work right now coz his company closed so he just have his small business. He is above poverty line but I dont know if we need a co-sponsor. They said in here that its better to have a co-sponsor to be on the safe side.

A copy of the marraige certificate is fine. :) (In the instructions: page 4, 15.b )

stephnria: You need to go to a CS to get an I-693. Hmmmm i think segregate which is for you and your son. Just indicate it in the cover letter and send it in one packet? Id like to hear it from someone thats done with with AOS.

Edited by PingLocalHostess

Interview Date---------------------------------------09.12.2008 (white and pink slip)

1st Biometrics Appointment Notice-----------------03.31.2009 (for I-485 & I-765)

1st Biometrics Schedule-----------------------------04.21.2009 (Attendant said either my fingerprints had slightly faded or their scanning machine sucks... #######?!)

Timeline

pinglocalhostess, thanks for sharing the info. Actually we have the same reference so I guess I am at right track. :D I am still waiting for the I-693 from the clinic. Looks like you have everything in order.

AOS

03-03-2009 - AOS, EAD, AP sent to Chicago office (USPS)

03-11-2009 - Notice Date

03-25-2009 - Case transferred to CSC

05-05-2009 - GC, EAD card, AP received. :D

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hello guys! I miss all of you here... Yes, jamesrei was right, I'm trying to get off the visa issue thing... and I even avoided to come here in vj... 'twas difficult to explain/tell the whole story (simply because, MAHABAAAA) and til now it's not yet over... but as Matthew 6:25-30 says, I do not worry... God will turn around things... God will give all the things we need... Yes, I miss my husband so much and to add, my husband has been having difficulties each day of his life (literally!)... but we're not giving up... we're holding on to God's promise that a husband and wife should be together...

We're on the second month and a week of waiting since my interview... and a first month and almost a week since my 2nd interview... Yes, you read it right guys, I had the second interview... long story... I wasn't surprise that much... knowing from the start that people might not understand us... and worse, they are judging us...

Thanks, Bheng... for praying with me... yes, "with" me, coz I'm praying for this each day... and with the attitude of so much faith to God....

I'm blessed coz my husband is more optimistic than I am... with all these things that are happening, surely, I found the right man for me...

I promise to tell the whole story to you, when I'm ready and it's over... sometimes I just feel overwhelmed by the current situation... but indeed, I am fine :)

God bless us all... PinkRia, hang in there... our visa wait will surely be over SOOONNNN :yes:

--TJ

Edited by tedjen

Timeline

jamesnrei: Sus Ikaw pa, you are always on the right track hehe :P . Are you going to file for AP too or just EAD with your AOS? I have another question thats sensitive in nature... ill PM it to you one of these days ;)

tedjen: We are glad that you are doing good. Some of us here are starting to worry. Just stay focused and positive. Know that all of us are praying with you and sending you positive vibes (full blast yan hehe).

Filed: Timeline

jamesnrei, yes, medyo naging naughty si hubby while i was away kaya martial law dito sa bahay, hahahhaa....sorry, i kinda lost track and my sense of time kaya di ko na alam nangyayari dito sa vj....yep, dec was your wedding...so, how did it go? were your parents able to make it? anyways, congratulations to James and Goodluck to you, hehehhe

oh btw, i also sent my I-693 to Dr. Arnold two weeks ago but his secretary, Jean, left me a message on my vocemailbox that I need the second shot of Varicella. but before she left me a message, another secretary ( i think her name is Timi) told me while i was inquiring for the proces and the requirements that i need the second shot of varicella but i can't have it until january 30th since i got my first shot december 30th.. is that, right? i couldnt get in touch with jean coz of the difference in time zone (the time i wake up here, the clinic is already close, hehehe)...

Timeline
Hello guys! I miss all of you here... Yes, jamesrei was right, I'm trying to get off the visa issue thing... and I even avoided to come here in vj... 'twas difficult to explain/tell the whole story (simply because, MAHABAAAA) and til now it's not yet over... but as Matthew 6:25-30 says, I do not worry... God will turn around things... God will give all the things we need... Yes, I miss my husband so much and to add, my husband has been having difficulties each day of his life (literally!)... but we're not giving up... we're holding on to God's promise that a husband and wife should be together...

We're on the second month and a week of waiting since my interview... and a first month and almost a week since my 2nd interview... Yes, you read it right guys, I had the second interview... long story... I wasn't surprise that much... knowing from the start that people might not understand us... and worse, they are judging us...

Thanks, Bheng... for praying with me... yes, "with" me, coz I'm praying for this each day... and with the attitude of so much faith to God....

I'm blessed coz my husband is more optimistic than I am... with all these things that are happening, surely, I found the right man for me...

I promise to tell the whole story to you, when I'm ready and it's over... sometimes I just feel overwhelmed by the current situation... but indeed, I am fine :)

God bless us all... PinkRia, hang in there... our visa wait will surely be over SOOONNNN :yes:

--TJ

Hi Jen,you're always welcome and i'm still praying for you everyday and up until you'll get here and be reunited with your husband :)

God will find a way.I'll be always around whenever you need somebody to talk to.

God bless

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hello all,

I know it has been awhile but things have been very busy lately. My wife arrived here safely jan 24th. My brother and I picked her up at LAX. Right now she is still adjusting with the climate and the food. She told me that the food is much different than Filipino food. So we went to the Filipino market and bought food she liked. It is quite a big transition for her living in a new country. We are currently getting forms and docs ready for AOS. Hope all goes smoothly. Hope everyone else is doing well and adjusting well:)

peace,

dphus

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.