jamesNrei

DV paid in AUGUST, Visa pending as of OCTOBER 7

2,857 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
Hello,

Sorry guys, i just online by now. My pc is messing up and my fiance was here in Manila. I thought i can go back with him this coming 6th of November but i think i cant.

We call the embassy place today and the Grace said that our documents is still in the line because there are lots of heavy loads with the CO.

They asked us to call again after 2 weeks... After 2 weeks again???? Our DV is with them Oct. 7 and until now no result...

DO you think Grace is giving us the right information or just her own calculation???

Sorry i didn't come with you at the seminar....

What do you think about this????

I need your response guys....

Thanks.....

Who is coming to Las Vegas Mc Carran International Airport here????

bound for las vegas too..

AOS Timeline

July 16, 2009 - AOS (I-485 and I-765)application mailed

July 19, 2009 - Received at Chicago Lockbox

July 22, 2009 - NOA1 Date

July 24, 2009 - Notice Date for Biometrics Appointment

Aug. 15, 2009 - Biometrics Appointment

Aug. 18, 2009 - EAD and AOS "touched"

Aug. 20, 2009 - Notice Date for Request to Appear for Initial Interview

Sept. 2, 2009 - EAD "touched"

Sept. 15, 2009 - Received EAD card in the mail

Sept. 23, 2009 - Interview Appointment at 10:15am- "Approved"

Sept. 24, 2009 - received email "card production ordered" I485

Oct. 1, 2009 - received NOA2

Oct 5, 2009 - received GC in the mail ?thanks God?

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just got off the phone with Grace. Amazingly, I got through the first time around. Anyway, she said that our DV was reviewed by the consulate this past Saturday, and that there weren't any issues. She told me to call back on or before Friday to check the status since there wasn't anything in the system that stated that my fiance's visa is printing. I hope this is a good sign for all of us who are waiting. *cross fingers* ;)

03/13/07: Met in Philippines while on vacation

07/13/07: Official relationship

10/15/07: Trip to the Philippines

11/01/07: Flew back to California

01/29/08: I-129F sent to CSC

01/31/08: NOA1

06/05/08: Touch/NOA2

06/06/08: Touch

06/09/08: NOA2 Hardcopy

08/09/08: Touch

08/12/08: Touch

08/13/08: NOA2 Second Hardcopy

08/21/08: Touch

08/22/08: Received call from Director's office confirming that CSC mailed approval letter to NVC

08/25/08: NVC received petition (FINALLY!)

08/27/08: Manila Embassy received

08/29/08: Surprise trip to the Philippines

09/08/08: Paid for DV

09/10/08: DV sent to NSO

09/15/08: Paid for visa

09/16/08: Flew back to California

09/17/08: Medical Exam (day 1)

09/18/08: Medical Exam (day 2)

09/26/08: Interview (PASSED!!!)

10/17/08: DV sent to embassy from NSO

10/25/08: DV reviewed by consulate (no problems), waiting for next status

10/30/08: Visa shipment released by the embassy

10/31/08: Visa in Hand! WOO-HOO!

Timeline
I just got off the phone with Grace. Amazingly, I got through the first time around. Anyway, she said that our DV was reviewed by the consulate this past Saturday, and that there weren't any issues. She told me to call back on or before Friday to check the status since there wasn't anything in the system that stated that my fiance's visa is printing. I hope this is a good sign for all of us who are waiting. *cross fingers* ;)

Thats a good News Boknat. WIsh that my visa status is the same as yours since me and ur fiancee's interview and the arrival of DV is on the same date. hmmmm can't wait to hold the visa on my hand.. I can smell it already. :thumbs:

Timeline

Thats a good News Boknat. WIsh that my visa status is the same as yours since me and ur fiancee's interview and the arrival of DV is on the same date. hmmmm can't wait to hold the visa on my hand.. I can smell it already. :thumbs:

include mine.. ;) we had same dates on DV paid, DV sent to NSO and back to USEM. i think we'll get it on same dates too.. :yes: be positive.

AOS Timeline

July 16, 2009 - AOS (I-485 and I-765)application mailed

July 19, 2009 - Received at Chicago Lockbox

July 22, 2009 - NOA1 Date

July 24, 2009 - Notice Date for Biometrics Appointment

Aug. 15, 2009 - Biometrics Appointment

Aug. 18, 2009 - EAD and AOS "touched"

Aug. 20, 2009 - Notice Date for Request to Appear for Initial Interview

Sept. 2, 2009 - EAD "touched"

Sept. 15, 2009 - Received EAD card in the mail

Sept. 23, 2009 - Interview Appointment at 10:15am- "Approved"

Sept. 24, 2009 - received email "card production ordered" I485

Oct. 1, 2009 - received NOA2

Oct 5, 2009 - received GC in the mail ?thanks God?

Filed: Timeline

Boknat,christian's gem.. :thumbs: ...ditto... :whistle: ...

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
Hello,

Sorry guys, i just online by now. My pc is messing up and my fiance was here in Manila. I thought i can go back with him this coming 6th of November but i think i cant.

Godismystrength, aha! so that's why you've gone missing...busy with your fiance! :) that's nice he is here.

At least grace told you to wait 2 weeks, in my case last week she told my fiance to wait for 4 weeks.

Don't count on what Grace will tell you, she really can't tell up to how long do we have to wait. It's all up to the CO.

Just divert your attention for now, and enjoy your time with your fiance, visa will be yours soon. :)

well sis they always give us 2 weeks but after 2 weeks they will tell us again to call after 2 weeks, i dont believed them anymore. but i do hope u get your visa before nov 6.

any update my all my sis and bro here. seem no one call yet.

hi bevs! what's your update? any good news?

I hope this is a good sign for all of us who are waiting. *cross fingers* ;)

Boknat, I hope your right, crossing my toes too! :)

hmmmm can't wait to hold the visa on my hand.. I can smell it already. :thumbs:

M@C, Christian's gem and pie, I agree with you guys! hope I can smell and hold mine too...

you have good news too?

AOS

03-03-2009 - AOS, EAD, AP sent to Chicago office (USPS)

03-11-2009 - Notice Date

03-25-2009 - Case transferred to CSC

05-05-2009 - GC, EAD card, AP received. :D

Hello,

Godismystrength, aha! so that's why you've gone missing...busy with your fiance! :) that's nice he is here.

At least grace told you to wait 2 weeks, in my case last week she told my fiance to wait for 4 weeks.

Don't count on what Grace will tell you, she really can't tell up to how long do we have to wait. It's all up to the CO.

Just divert your attention for now, and enjoy your time with your fiance, visa will be yours soon. :)

well sis they always give us 2 weeks but after 2 weeks they will tell us again to call after 2 weeks, i dont believed them anymore. but i do hope u get your visa before nov 6.

M@C, Christian's gem and pie, I agree with you guys! hope I can smell and hold mine too...

you have good news too?

hi sis, no no update. hubby will send the letter from doc tomorrow. and i also emailed them earlier. hope they will pity on us. hows the CFO? tell us.

Timeline

I have more story to tell about our gimik rather than the seminar. lol :)

We met up around 9 am at PRISM for the 10 am seminar. In attendance were pinglocalhostess, Jose Rizal, trinidad-lohner, natassja_keisha, and yours truly. I gave them (for K1) a photocopy of my valid id's, my NBI clearance, and Birth certificate and paid them P250. We filled out a form at S2 room and our individual pictures were taken just like in St. Luke's, where they used a webcam. Then we proceeded to S3 room for the documentary film, which I barely saw. lol...Well it's bec we were seated at the back most and too busy making tsismis. :) hehehe.. I suggest for those who want to see the video better to be seated in front row. The tv was too small and too low to be seen from behind. It's a documentary film by MGB, the pinay wife was exploited by her husband (from Netherlands) and was forced to pose nude for pics in freezing snow, on top of mountains! She ended up coming back to Philippines. I believe a post was made before about that film,it was better review than mine! lol :) I was busy having chit chat with ping and mrs. lohner. It was a short clip of pinay exploitation.

After that, a BDO representative gave a sales talk about their remittance services, were you only pay 50 pesos, give them a photocopy of your id and picture and they'll give you a passport and atm card. We were all encouraged to apply for the service. Actually, <_< the sales talk took a longer time as compared to the PRISM orientation and documentary film!

Then we proceeded to USA room for the group counseling, Which was the better part. A hand out was distributed containing all the information you need for travel, what to and NOT to bring, what to do upon arriving at US, when to apply for change of status, etc. So don't lose that one, keep it with your files, very informative. And a little lecture was given and finished by past 12.

After which we had a one on one interview with the counselor. It was just like our interview at the embassy, how did you meet, how do you communicate, when did he arrive, etc. but a little more detailed. Bevs was right you should know your fiance/spouse's middle name (their mother's maiden name). I showed the pictures of me and my fiance and the counselor took one for remembrance, este for their file. :) That was the last part and we waited for few minutes to recieve our yellow certificate.

We went to BDO to claim our atm card and passbook, but to our surprise they have not processed our papers yet. since it was almost 2 pm, no lunch and we still have to go to CFO main, so we all decided to withdraw our application.

I am glad to attend the seminar with a company. It makes the waiting bearable and you get to meet in person our VJ friends. And all make tsismis! :)

Before going to Quirino Ave. be sure to have your yellow certificate photocopied. You'll pay 400, in my case I don't have my passport yet they only issued me a green certificate. I have to go back again for the stamp, to bring the certificte too, on my passport and to register my son as well.

For our very late lunch, we were all hungry by 4 pm (but we are still talking nonstop..hehehe), we went to MOA and met JamesRachel at A Venetto. Good thing she arrived early and made an order for us. So when we get there food was ready. We were really starving by then. It was a tiring but fun day! I don't have a pic but the others brought their cam and they promised to post the pics. :)

It is advisable to attend the seminar with VJ friends.

Edited by jamesNrei

AOS

03-11-2009 - Notice Date

I have more story to tell about our gimik rather than the seminar. lol :)

We met up around 9 am at PRISM for the 10 am seminar. In attendance were pinglocalhostess, Jose Rizal, trinidad-lohner, natassja_keisha, and yours truly. I gave them (for K1) a photocopy of my valid id's, my NBI clearance, and Birth certificate and paid them P250. We filled out a form at S2 room and our individual pictures were taken just like in St. Luke's, where they used a webcam. Then we proceeded to S3 room for the documentary film, which I barely saw. lol...Well it's bec we were seated at the back most and too busy making tsismis. :) hehehe.. I suggest for those who want to see the video better to be seated in front row. The tv was too small and too low to be seen from behind. It's a documentary film by MGB, the pinay wife was exploited by her husband (from Netherlands) and was forced to pose nude for pics in freezing snow, on top of mountains! She ended up coming back to Philippines. I believe a post was made before about that film,it was better review than mine! lol :) I was busy having chit chat with ping and mrs. lohner. It was a short clip of pinay exploitation.

After that, a BDO representative gave a sales talk about their remittance services, were you only pay 50 pesos, give them a photocopy of your id and picture and they'll give you a passport and atm card. We were all encouraged to apply for the service. Actually, <_< the sales talk took a longer time as compared to the PRISM orientation and documentary film!

Then we proceeded to USA room for the group counseling, Which was the better part. A hand out was distributed containing all the information you need for travel, what to and NOT to bring, what to do upon arriving at US, when to apply for change of status, etc. So don't lose that one, keep it with your files, very informative. And a little lecture was given and finished by past 12.

After which we had a one on one interview with the counselor. It was just like our interview at the embassy, how did you meet, how do you communicate, when did he arrive, etc. but a little more detailed. Bevs was right you should know your fiance/spouse's middle name (their mother's maiden name). I showed the pictures of me and my fiance and the counselor took one for remembrance, este for their file. :) That was the last part and we waited for few minutes to recieve our yellow certificate.

We went to BDO to claim our atm card and passbook, but to our surprise they have not processed our papers yet. since it was almost 2 pm, no lunch and we still have to go to CFO main, so we all decided to withdraw our application.

I am glad to attend the seminar with a company. It makes the waiting bearable and you get to meet in person our VJ friends. And all make tsismis! :)

Before going to Quirino Ave. be sure to have your yellow certificate photocopied. You'll pay 400, in my case I don't have my passport yet they only issued me a green certificate. I have to go back again for the stamp, to bring the certificte too, on my passport and to register my son as well.

For our very late lunch, we were all hungry by 4 pm (but we are still talking nonstop..hehehe), we went to MOA and met JamesRachel at A Venetto. Good thing she arrived early and made an order for us. So when we get there food was ready. We were really starving by then. It was a tiring but fun day! I don't have a pic but the others brought their cam and they promised to post the pics. :)

It is advisable to attend the seminar with VJ friends.

im jelous , thats all i can say. :( hope i did able to joined

Filed: Timeline
Hello,

you have good news too?

Timeline
How can i resize pic? Ang saya kanina guys sana meron pa ulit next time.

naku! i don't know how to resize too...lol

hope we can have a gimik in US with our SO next time.

cant wait to see the PIX, gosh!

wish you were there too bevs, it would have been more fun.:)

Edited by jamesNrei

AOS

03-11-2009 - Notice Date

How can i resize pic? Ang saya kanina guys sana meron pa ulit next time.

sis may photo bucket ka ba? doon e edit mo them e resize mo. nandoon lahat sa photbucket.

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Rosie, sent mo sa kin ako upload hehehhehehe.

Guys, we are here in chatroom.

Edited by JamesRachel

12-05-08 Arrived at Detroit Airport

12-06-08 Cincinnati, Ohio

12-13- 08 Detroit, Maine ( Home )

01-25-09 Sent EAD to St. Albans, Vermont

01-27-09 Confirm St. Albans, Vermont received!

03-30-09 Approval notice sent

03-31-09 EAD sent for printing

04-01-09 EAD Card Mailed

04-04-09 EAD Card in Hand

04-07-09 Applied SSN ( need to wait a 10 days or 2 weeks to deliver)

01-15-2011 10 yrs Green Card Receive

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.