kk_mine

Things for your SO!

7 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

On a lighter subject from the time I met my fiance I have tried to do all I can to get to know him and his family who in my heart is now my family. Like: He has a big family 4 brothers and 3 sisters. His youngest brother who I call my lil one, he is younger then 13 years of age. I try not to leave the baby of the family out as he is so young. We have something in common as I'm the baby of my family.

So I made it a point to change my phone plan (cell phone). I now have unlimited text on my plan. I was happy as I found out when I send text messages to any of them thay are not charged. So now I text away all the time! I have contacted some of them by text, phone, or email. But I have contacted all of the siblings in whatever way I could. Now for the lil one I will send him letters through email. My fiance will go to the cafe' print it out and give to him. I also do this for his parents. But now I text/call papa & mama vs. sending as many letters. But for the younger one I sent him pictures of games I like (ie Burn Out, Zuma) and my favorite football team (the Patriot's).

I asked my fiance if the youngest could ask his teacher where the US is located so he could understand how far away I am. But he ex that they don't have an atlas etc. in the schools. So I made an effort to write a letter and give a snap shot of a map that pointed from my city to Nigeria. I was so happy as not only the lil one but my fiance and his family could now see the distance & my location as well. Now that I'm a little more real to the lil one he asks about me all the time! My fiance says he will always ask when is she coming? How cute! :)

When I spoke to my papa this past weekend he made me cry. He said I commend you for taking out the time to always include us. He cont'd by saying I know you always have us (he & mama) in mind. He told me before our time was up I love you my daughter and I can't wait to see you. That meant the world to me!!!! Esp. that I lost my birth father and step father (my dad) in 2007. When my papa was sick I made it a point to call him as he was not eating but he took medicine and that worried me a lot. My fiance told me that he was so happy that I contacted him as it gave papa a boost.

I have mailed my fiance and his parents a letter, and to my fiance I put in 2 love greeting cards. I did not know the way I mailed it they would receive it 1 month and 2 weeks later. Next time I will send faster. I set up an email address for my fiance so we could send emails to each other.

I looked online and found a way that my fiance could text me. He has to send in the form of an email address to my cell number. ie 000-000-0000@message.(your carrier).com, I had to look online to see what it was for my carrier. We were so happy! When he sent me my first text I cried! I also looked online and found a dictionary in his language that translates it in to english. So when I text at times or write I will use the words in with english. His parents were so happy when they saw I try to use their language as much as possible. I have used it so much I can say a few of the words he taught me. Plus I know how to spell them (they are long words) without looking.

I know he can't afford much so I try to get a card and I will give the code to my mom for her to speak to him (as he always asks for her and tries to call her when he can). My fiance said I thank you for all you do, and that touched my heart! (L)

Someone told me the other day that she sends her huband a care package. I had never thought of that before. Little small things (ie soaps, toothpaste etc.). If it is not going to be of great cost I would love to do this! So they may be small things but they mean the world to him & I! (L)

So jus wondering what are some things you have done? If you don't mind sharing.

Edited by kk_onome

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

All sounds good :thumbs: families do like to be thought of and included, how about a book or fold up map for the younger, i know once i sent a book of like travel and post cards from Oklahoma to show few things, his brother in law a teacher actually knew of route 66. I have sent parts of the Sunday paper if i had a box going overhe like reading the car ads ha.

We have a neice that will be 5 needless to say she is very spoiled, i do her birthday and just whenever also girls fr my work get her things. Ahmeds mom is diabetic so once in awhile she like to get foot cream and i usually do try to send something for (our christmas) which also falls on the babys birthday so its all good at one time. Once you know when your trip is plan to take everyone something small, that can get overwhelming because if like me you like to give, then you end up one suitcase just for others but oh well then you have a suitcase empty to fill with the things you want to bring back

TIMELINE

04/04/2007 K1 Interview from H...w/the devil herself

06/12/2007 Rec'd Notification Case Now Back In Calif. only to expire

-------------

11/20/2007 Married in Morocco

02/23/2008 Mailed CR1 application today

03/08/2008 NOA1 Notice Recd (notice date 3/4/08)

08/26/2008 File transfered fr Vermont to Calif

10/14/2008 APPROVALLLLLLLLLLLL

10/20/2008 Recd hard copy NOA2

10/20/2008 NVC Recd case

11/21/2008 CASE COMPLETE

01/15/2009 INTERVIEW

01/16/2009 VISA IN HAND

01/31/2009 ARRIVED OKC

BE WHO YOU ARE AND SAY WHAT YOU FEEL, BECAUSE THOSE WHO MIND DONT MATTER AND THOSE WHO MATTER DONT MIND

YOU CANT CHANGE THE PAST BUT YOU CAN RUIN THE PRESENT BY WORRYING OVER THE FUTURE

TRIP.... OVER LOVE, AND YOU CAN GET UP

FALL.... IN LOVE, AND YOU FALL FOREVER

I DO HAVE THE RIGHT TO REMAIN SILENT, JUST NOT THE ABILITY

LIKE THE MEASLES, LOVE IS MOST DANGEROUS WHEN IT COMES LATER IN LIFE

LIFE IS NOT THE WAY ITS SUPPOSED TO BE, ITS THE WAY IT IS

I MAY NOT BE WHERE I WANT TO BE BUT IM SURE NOT WHERE I WAS

Wow! I had not even thought of those things. As they say two heads are better then one. lol Plus anytime I can't send large things maybe b/c of the cost I could like you said send postcards etc.. b/c I have found out the thinner or less it weighs the less the cost is. Thanks again. I have a lot of things I can try.

I want to get the younger one a game system possbly handheld,but when I plan to go over. That would be so Nice to send something to his parents in the form of a gift! Yeah your right.. If I could give the world! But I know I can't.

All sounds good :thumbs: families do like to be thought of and included, how about a book or fold up map for the younger, i know once i sent a book of like travel and post cards from Oklahoma to show few things, his brother in law a teacher actually knew of route 66. I have sent parts of the Sunday paper if i had a box going overhe like reading the car ads ha.

We have a neice that will be 5 needless to say she is very spoiled, i do her birthday and just whenever also girls fr my work get her things. Ahmeds mom is diabetic so once in awhile she like to get foot cream and i usually do try to send something for (our christmas) which also falls on the babys birthday so its all good at one time. Once you know when your trip is plan to take everyone something small, that can get overwhelming because if like me you like to give, then you end up one suitcase just for others but oh well then you have a suitcase empty to fill with the things you want to bring back

Edited by kk_onome

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Boxes are very expensive seems my post office loves saying 60 dollar. Ahmed has two younger brothers all of them love american music of all kinds, i have made some cds, candy always goes over good, I work for a agency that does T shirts memoriabila as such so i have sent pens, shirts, things that have my company name...once you see how and where they live you will know more of the (small) things we take for granted that they dont know about. When i was there and went to cook there was NOT a can opener to be found, he knew to take a knife so next box one of the girls at work is getting just a small opener. Our instant coffee (seems) better ha, i sent a box of taco shells and they made, boys like the mom didnt. THey do have microwave (that i left) so i sent microwave popcorn..that was interesting to try to explain how to cook :whistle: peanuts, hot chocolate, still thinking ha but i got go to work :thumbs:

TIMELINE

04/04/2007 K1 Interview from H...w/the devil herself

06/12/2007 Rec'd Notification Case Now Back In Calif. only to expire

-------------

11/20/2007 Married in Morocco

02/23/2008 Mailed CR1 application today

03/08/2008 NOA1 Notice Recd (notice date 3/4/08)

08/26/2008 File transfered fr Vermont to Calif

10/14/2008 APPROVALLLLLLLLLLLL

10/20/2008 Recd hard copy NOA2

10/20/2008 NVC Recd case

11/21/2008 CASE COMPLETE

01/15/2009 INTERVIEW

01/16/2009 VISA IN HAND

01/31/2009 ARRIVED OKC

BE WHO YOU ARE AND SAY WHAT YOU FEEL, BECAUSE THOSE WHO MIND DONT MATTER AND THOSE WHO MATTER DONT MIND

YOU CANT CHANGE THE PAST BUT YOU CAN RUIN THE PRESENT BY WORRYING OVER THE FUTURE

TRIP.... OVER LOVE, AND YOU CAN GET UP

FALL.... IN LOVE, AND YOU FALL FOREVER

I DO HAVE THE RIGHT TO REMAIN SILENT, JUST NOT THE ABILITY

LIKE THE MEASLES, LOVE IS MOST DANGEROUS WHEN IT COMES LATER IN LIFE

LIFE IS NOT THE WAY ITS SUPPOSED TO BE, ITS THE WAY IT IS

I MAY NOT BE WHERE I WANT TO BE BUT IM SURE NOT WHERE I WAS

:D You are too much! lol Those are GREAT ideas as well!!!! I did not send to him, but I told him of a few songs that remind me of him (when I hear them I cry :crying: ). One is J Sparks and Chris Brown No Air. He finally heard it on the radio and he was so happy! He said all he could think of was me. :blush:

At my second job (big popular retail store) I saw some t-shirts on sale and I thought of that as well sending him some. They were only like $3.00. They were from the brand AXE but who cares a shirt is a t-shirt. I know it sounds crazy but I told him the scent I wear (Vanilla Sugar) I was even thinking of sending that for him to know the smell, and spray on his bed sheets (if he wants or whatever) to think of me. :blush: Juss a thought. lol

Boxes are very expensive seems my post office loves saying 60 dollar. Ahmed has two younger brothers all of them love american music of all kinds, i have made some cds, candy always goes over good, I work for a agency that does T shirts memoriabila as such so i have sent pens, shirts, things that have my company name...once you see how and where they live you will know more of the (small) things we take for granted that they dont know about. When i was there and went to cook there was NOT a can opener to be found, he knew to take a knife so next box one of the girls at work is getting just a small opener. Our instant coffee (seems) better ha, i sent a box of taco shells and they made, boys like the mom didnt. THey do have microwave (that i left) so i sent microwave popcorn..that was interesting to try to explain how to cook :whistle: peanuts, hot chocolate, still thinking ha but i got go to work :thumbs:

Oh yeah I had even looked up his cell phone carrier through the net. Its called MTN. So they have something called a MTN top up. So I put in my info paid over the web, they took my payment, but then (through email a few days later) the company said only people living in the UK could top up Nigerian accounts. They ended up giving a refund back to my card. I was sad.. I was going to surprise him! :crying::(

Edited by kk_onome