aravis227

Delightful news!

19 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
Dennis and I just got back to our hotel from our interview. We were at the embassy for almost four hours..and it was worth every minute. We were called up to hand in our paperwork and the lady who took it was VERY impressed with our organization (yay VJ!), then we were told to sit back down. Dennis was called up for his fingerprints and we were told to sit and wait for our interview. While waiting we heard the other interviews, one lady was there with her fiance and their baby. She had been denied for a tourist visa last year because the officers didn't believe she would come back at that time. They were finally approved after a pretty in depth interview. The other couple asked specifically when they could pick up their visa and were told that it was impossible to do them same day, because the information has to go back to Washington and they were already closed there. Both couples were called up, told to sit back down, then called up for additional interviewing

They called Dennis up (I was allowed to go with him) and spent less than five minutes with the interviewer. She asked how we'd met, what type of wedding we were planning on having, and what we each did for work. Then she said those magical five words "I'm satisfied with your relationship." She sent us over to the first window to get instructions. The lady there said that the consulate will be closed tomorrow! :( Normally you can pick up your visa the next day at Vancouver...we were a bit panicking then because we have plane tickets to fly back home tomorrow night! The lady told us to sit down and she would try to print the visa right then and there for us. :) We sat for another hour or so and she called us up and gave us the sealed packet and returned Dennis' passport! Apparently we REALLY impressed her, since they had just told someone else it was impossible to do, but made an exception for us! :)

Thanks to everyone for your support and help! I don't think we would have made it through this process without the people here at VJ.

CONGRATS!!!!!!!!! I really hope my interview on the 14th of Oct goes as well!!!!! YAY for you!

Congratulations!!!

---------------------------------

For updates, please visit my Websites: Workplace On the Web, Mhar's Display, Any Day Shop, A Blogger's Tech Notes, Bright Bundles, Emotionally Entertaining

My Friendster: MarlyM

Want Extra Cash? Click: Hits4Pay, ClixSense,

FortWorthStockyards5-23-08.jpg

At Fort Worth Stockyards

---------------------------------

April 12, 2008 - Wedding, Rose Garden (Tyler, TX)

May 23, 2008 - mailed AOS packet to Chicago Lockbox

June 7, 2008 - NOA for I-485, I-765, I-131 received

June 9, 2008 - Received ASC letter

June 24, 2008 - Biometrics appointment in Fort Worth

July 9, 2008 - AOS transferred to CA

July 28, 2008 - AOS approved

Aug. 5, 2008 - GC received

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.