symbiosis

winning war on terror ...

22 posts in this topic

I wonder how Obama supporters will enlist after Obama is elected? I mean heard several young people claim they would fight but not in Bush's illegal war in Iraq so in how many months we can expect to see lines of youthful and eager Obama followers at recruiting offices?

I posed a same question at the beginning of the war on terror in 2001 but never heard about a big surge in volunteers. I wasn't in the U.S. and couldn't find anything about it at the time or later. Just anecdotal stories.

That would take courage they don't have.

Seems Wilde wasn't far off when he wrote that patriotism was a virtue of the vicious.

Yes Sirree, I sure want to get my head blown off in some B/S war that totally doesn't protect my democratic freedoms :rolleyes:

Why do I get the feeling there is no situation that would make you sign up. Luckily there are others out there to do the heavy lifting for you.

"The fact that we are here today to debate raising America’s debt limit is a sign of leadership failure. It is a sign that the U.S. Government can’t pay its own bills. It is a sign that we now depend on ongoing financial assistance from foreign countries to finance our Government’s reckless fiscal policies."

Senator Barack Obama
Senate Floor Speech on Public Debt
March 16, 2006

barack-cowboy-hat.jpg
90f.JPG

I wouldn't enlist. I don't believe in the cause.

One has to have a cause to begin with.

That should take nothing away from the fact that the Clinton administration successfully negotiated the Dayton Accord. Foreign policy types from both parties consider it THE major success in U.S. foreign policy in the last few decades (though, admittedly, there have been so few).

Sept 11 was planned during the Clinton administration.

According to the Internal Revenue Service, the 400 richest American households earned a total of $US138 billion, up from $US105 billion a year earlier. That's an average of $US345 million each, on which they paid a tax rate of just 16.6 per cent.

Filed: Timeline

That should take nothing away from the fact that the Clinton administration successfully negotiated the Dayton Accord. Foreign policy types from both parties consider it THE major success in U.S. foreign policy in the last few decades (though, admittedly, there have been so few).

no it wasn't the world was a warm fuzzy place when bill was in office & everyone wanted to hug & kiss America & everything it stands for

7yqZWFL.jpg

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
I wonder how Obama supporters will enlist after Obama is elected? I mean heard several young people claim they would fight but not in Bush's illegal war in Iraq so in how many months we can expect to see lines of youthful and eager Obama followers at recruiting offices?

I posed a same question at the beginning of the war on terror in 2001 but never heard about a big surge in volunteers. I wasn't in the U.S. and couldn't find anything about it at the time or later. Just anecdotal stories.

That would take courage they don't have.

Seems Wilde wasn't far off when he wrote that patriotism was a virtue of the vicious.

Yes Sirree, I sure want to get my head blown off in some B/S war that totally doesn't protect my democratic freedoms :rolleyes:

Why do I get the feeling there is no situation that would make you sign up. Luckily there are others out there to do the heavy lifting for you.

Why do you get the feeling? I imagine because that's what you need to justify your campaign of spurious bait posts.

no it wasn't the world was a warm fuzzy place when bill was in office & everyone wanted to hug & kiss America & everything it stands for

Yep I forgot. It must have been planned during the x months Bush was in office.

We have not had one attack since then yet Bush has not received an ouch of credit. Whereas, if something had happened, boy oh boy, they would have said Bush is to blame.

Same goes with the economy. When all was well during the 7 years and people where profiting, no one complained. Now it is all GWB's fault. The Democratically controlled senate are apparently not even partly responsible.

Edited by Aficionado

According to the Internal Revenue Service, the 400 richest American households earned a total of $US138 billion, up from $US105 billion a year earlier. That's an average of $US345 million each, on which they paid a tax rate of just 16.6 per cent.

Timeline

There is no evidence whatsoever that the "war on terror" has resulted in a safer America. We lived perfectly safely for what was it (8 years?) from the first WTC bombing, and a couple of foreign embassy bombings (these are still going on, I believe - in fact there was one the other day).

Timeline

The Democratic Congress certainly has performed in a lackluster manner - but 2 years isn't really enough time to put in place the complex series of conditions that have led to the current crisis. Of course - its worth not forgetting exactly why the Republican Congress were voted out of office to begin with. I find it funny that the instant the Democrats get their hands on everything - the other side is only too willing to pass out the blame, as if that somehow cancels out their own ineptitude and incompetence.