sunzetgirl

lawyer got me so confused

21 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Got an email from lawyer. Here's what shes got to say:

"Once approved in US, the packet goes to New Hampshire for an FBI check. This usually takes 4 weeks. The packet is then sent overseas to embassy via consular pack which can take up to 7 weeks where they will contact fiancee/spouse with packet 3. I have listed what is most commonly contained in this packet below."

Now that just does not correspond with people's timelines here in Visajourney. Most got their interview date a in less than 2 months after the NOA2. We just got our NOA2 last Sept 8, 2008, and she is telling us that we need to wait 4 weeks and another 7 weeks before I could get my Packet 3.

I need your opinions. Thanks.

K1

California Service Center

Consulate : Manilla, Philipines

I-129F Sent : APRIL 26, 2008

I-129F NOA1 : MAY 1, 2008

Touched : MAY 14, 2008

Touched : SEP 9, 2008

I-129F NOA2 : SEP 9, 2008

Medical: Nov7 and Nov10 PASSED!

Interview Date : NOV 17, 2008 Pink Slip!!!

Visa Received : NOV 22, 2008

US Entry : NOV 24, 2008 POE: GUAM

Marriage : January 8, 2009

Comments : I AM LOVING COLORADO!!!

AOS (I-485, I-765, I-131)

AOS Packet Sent: Feb 21, 2009

NOA1 Received in the mail: Mar 2, 2009

Biometrics appointment letter received: Mar 9, 2009

Biometrics: Mar 25, 2009

Advance Parole Approved: Apr 29, 2009

EAD Approval Date: May 6, 2009

Advance Parole received in the mail: May 7, 2009

Interview: July 20, 2009 APPROVED

Card Production Ordered: July 21, 2009

Welcome to America Letter Received: July 27, 2009

fortcollins5.jpg

our lawyer said the same thing too...the USEM is one of the embassies that doesnt send out packet 3..our lawyer asked us to wait for it..so i never relied on her opinions from then on coz she said exactly the same thing as your lawyer..i did all the calls in scheduling my interview,filled up all the ds forms myself and asked my fiance to send all his documents...and i never encountered any problem..at the end she admitted that she was wrong and was surprised that i passed my interview without her help..

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

N400 Timeline:

4/14/12- 3rd yr as PR

1/17/12- mailed packet

Biometrics-- waived

4/25/12- interview- passed & took my oath the same day!!-- US Citizen!!!

My N400 Journey took 3months & 8days!:)

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

You can get your interview date usually 2-3 weeks after NOA2 when its forwarded to National Visa Center and a case # is issued. sorry to say, but u did not need a lawyer...i'm assuming that your lawyer is saying that so you won't bug the hell out of them and that you will love them if you get your interview date sooner than what they tell you. Tell your lawyer that there is no packet 3 for the US embassy in the philippines. Your lawyer should know this...You need to go the the US embassy philippines website and print packet 4....once you get your case # when you call the NVC, wait about 7-8 days and call NVC again to check if your hard copy arrived the US Consulate in the philippines. Once its there, call the US embassy call center and schedule an interview. Look at my time-line to get a full picture....good luck

K-1 Fiancee Visa Process

Service Center..............Vermont/Consulate.....................Manila==>MNL-2008692057

Event Timeline

I-129F Sent to VSC............................................. 04/01/08

I-129F Received by VSC................................... .04/02/08

I-129F NOA 1.................................................... .04/03/08...touched 4/29/08

I-129F RFEs.........................................................N/A

I-129F RFE Reply..................................................N/A

I-129F NOA 2.......................................................07/08/08

NVC received.......................................................07/10/08

NVC mailed..........................................................7/14/08

Consulate Received.............................................. 7/18/08

Called for interview appointment ($18)................7/21/08

Paid VISA processing fee/validated DS form($131)..8/01/08

Paid DELBROS document verification fee ($15)........7/25/08..arrived at USEM 8/22/08

CFO Seminar/Stamp..............................................9/18/08

Medical Appt ($215)..............................................7/24-7/25/08

Interview Date.....................................................08/05/08 @ 7AM, approved 9/2/08

VISA Delivered ($7)............................................. 9/6/08

flight home to Daddy(9/26/08)($859.60)/POE (detriot); Final destination: Jax, FL

I promise to love you in good times and in bad, with all I have to give and all that I am, in the only way I know how -- completely and forever......

Timeline
our lawyer said the same thing too...the USEM is one of the embassies that doesnt send out packet 3..our lawyer asked us to wait for it..so i never relied on her opinions from then on coz she said exactly the same thing as your lawyer..i did all the calls in scheduling my interview,filled up all the ds forms myself and asked my fiance to send all his documents...and i never encountered any problem..at the end she admitted that she was wrong and was surprised that i passed my interview without her help..

And these people were suppose to make things easier for us! I knew we shouldnt have hired one in the first place. But my fiance said he wouldn't take any chances of getting an RFE. So we really don't need a lawyer after NOA2 right? I mean we are on our own now. That is just a relief coz she really didn't anything except sending all our documents to USCIS, and everytime we ask her for updates, she refer us to USCIS anyways, with an irritated tone of voice. Thank you so much RussellandMarie for your reply. So we should be hearing something from the embassy soon right?

You can get your interview date usually 2-3 weeks after NOA2 when its forwarded to National Visa Center and a case # is issued. sorry to say, but u did not need a lawyer...i'm assuming that your lawyer is saying that so you won't bug the hell out of them and that you will love them if you get your interview date sooner than what they tell you. Tell your lawyer that there is no packet 3 for the US embassy in the philippines. Your lawyer should know this...You need to go the the US embassy philippines website and print packet 4....once you get your case # when you call the NVC, wait about 7-8 days and call NVC again to check if your hard copy arrived the US Consulate in the philippines. Once its there, call the US embassy call center and schedule an interview. Look at my time-line to get a full picture....good luck

And also how do we know that NVC got our case?

Oh thank you so much for that information!!! God Bless You! You have helped me a lot on this really.

K1

fortcollins5.jpg

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

after your NOA2, you can give it about 3-5 business days and call the NAtional visa center and give them your USCIS case number..now if they said they received it, ask them if they issued you a case number yet..since its going to the Philippines, your case will start with MNL-########

K-1 Fiancee Visa Process

Service Center..............Vermont/Consulate.....................Manila==>MNL-2008692057

Event Timeline

I-129F Sent to VSC............................................. 04/01/08

I-129F Received by VSC................................... .04/02/08

I-129F NOA 1.................................................... .04/03/08...touched 4/29/08

I-129F RFEs.........................................................N/A

I-129F RFE Reply..................................................N/A

I-129F NOA 2.......................................................07/08/08

NVC received.......................................................07/10/08

NVC mailed..........................................................7/14/08

Consulate Received.............................................. 7/18/08

Called for interview appointment ($18)................7/21/08

Paid VISA processing fee/validated DS form($131)..8/01/08

Paid DELBROS document verification fee ($15)........7/25/08..arrived at USEM 8/22/08

CFO Seminar/Stamp..............................................9/18/08

Medical Appt ($215)..............................................7/24-7/25/08

Interview Date.....................................................08/05/08 @ 7AM, approved 9/2/08

VISA Delivered ($7)............................................. 9/6/08

flight home to Daddy(9/26/08)($859.60)/POE (detriot); Final destination: Jax, FL

I promise to love you in good times and in bad, with all I have to give and all that I am, in the only way I know how -- completely and forever......

Timeline

Thanks so much for your reply acobnamia1224. I am looking at your timeline. My God i though the medical would only cost about a hundred dollars, and also i didn't know that we need to pay a visa processing fee of hundred dollars. Thank you, your post is so informative. Your timeline especially since you included the fees.

K1

fortcollins5.jpg

Thanks so much for your reply acobnamia1224. I am looking at your timeline. My God i though the medical would only cost about a hundred dollars, and also i didn't know that we need to pay a visa processing fee of hundred dollars. Thank you, your post is so informative. Your timeline especially since you included the fees.

just follow acobnamia's advice coz that is the right thing to do..you dont need these lawyers they will do nothing but just delay the process..goodluck!!once you get the NOA2 it will be so fast and before you realize it you will have your visa i n hand..God bless!!!

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

N400 Timeline:

4/14/12- 3rd yr as PR

1/17/12- mailed packet

Biometrics-- waived

4/25/12- interview- passed & took my oath the same day!!-- US Citizen!!!

My N400 Journey took 3months & 8days!:)

Timeline

"I agree to them esp to russelmarie,,samething happened to me when we used lawyer during our application...but once i got the letter from USEM,,the lawyer we hired,,its USELESS...!!!! sana nga alam ko na itong VJ b4 the application so that way we didnt hired that useless lawyer..kasi here in VJ they will help,give u lots of info and guidelines esp advice, u can do it w/out using lawyer unless u dont have heavy case or issue..

God bless,

Irene

Prayer is the best to start a day...A day for us to have faith to face trials & value what life is....!!! have a nice day to everyone!!!!

LokaShadow04

Timeline

:thumbs: hello there, just like marie, i did the same thing! i asked my fiance phil to send out all his documents, and :D i didn't listen to our lawyer (he told me to wait for a month) and you know what? i didn't wait for a month, i was too excited so i decided to do it on my own, when i passed, he (the lawyer) told phil something like "oh nancy beat me there" brrrrrrrrrr! good luck and god bless you and your fiancee :D

nanz

AOS Journey:

Filing Date: December 28, 2008

Sent: January 3, 2009

NOA: Febuary 6, 2009

Biometrics: Febuary 18, 2009 (but originally scheduled for Febuary 26, 2009)

AP Approved: April 16, 2009

EAD Approved: May 4, 2009

Welcome Notice: May 14, 2009

"God is really good ALL the time, We praise you Lord"

"When they bring you to trial and hand you over, do not worry before hand about what you are to say; but say whatever is given you at that time, for it is not you who speak, but the Holy Spirit." ( Mark 13:11)

"And remember, I am with you always, to the end of the age." ( Matthew 28:20)

"If you then, who are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will the heavenly Father give the Holy Spirit to those who ask him!" ( Matthew 28:9-11)

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

My lawyer doesn"t know that my k3 is already approved and they have already visa,, my lawyer is the one who filed my I-129 for my IR petition before, i did bypass him and file my own separate K3 petition which is much faster,If i already know about this VJ site, I should not get he's service anymore ,he didnt do anything just file my stuff and told me to wait, wait and more wait !! :bonk::bonk:

Filed: Timeline
Got an email from lawyer. Here's what shes got to say:

"Once approved in US, the packet goes to New Hampshire for an FBI check. This usually takes 4 weeks. The packet is then sent overseas to embassy via consular pack which can take up to 7 weeks where they will contact fiancee/spouse with packet 3. I have listed what is most commonly contained in this packet below."

Just a guess, but sounds like he is thinking about a Petition for Alien Relative (I-130) and an immigrant visa process.

Timeline

Thank you so much for all your posts. Looks like we just threw few hundred bucks in the air for nothing. I mean VJ members are more of a help to us than our own lawyer.

God Bless to all of us.

K1

fortcollins5.jpg

well, they're right USEM doesnt send packet 3 anymore..

instead you call USEM for an appointment few weeks after your case passes NVC..

goodluck to your medical and interview soon.. :dancing:

"i don't know much about love but i know that i love him.."

well, they're right USEM doesnt send packet 3 anymore..

instead you call USEM for an appointment few weeks after your case passes NVC..

goodluck to your medical and interview soon.. :dancing:

PS: USEM sends packet 4 (appointment letter) so late.. :angry:

i got my appointment letter weeks after my hubby got me a schedule for medical and interview..

"i don't know much about love but i know that i love him.."

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I bet I know who your lawyer is as I got the exact same e-mail a while back, word for word.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.