beng_and_carl

anybody who filed an annulment case in the philippines?

37 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
hi fellow VJers! i miss posting on this section! hehe!

well, this post is for my cousin's concern who's planning to annul her husband who's been very irresponsible to them. so, anybody here who filed an annulment case? how did you do it? how's the process? how much did it cost and how long did it take?

if you guys don't feel like discussing it much in this forum, please send me a personal message.

thanks a lot!

best regards to all,

beng

hello beng..im going thru my annulment right now and it has been months already going 4 this nov...i paid 185php for everything and according to my atty it would only take 7 months if my x wouldnt oppose pls add me up so we could share ideas..god bless!

-krizzie-

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Timeline
According to the lawyer I knew, it depends where to file the case. Some cities/municipalities grant annulment faster than others like in Batangas (according to the lawyer) but of course, you should be living in Batangas for you to be able to file the case there OR you can use your relative's (if you have one) address in Batangas.

As expected, annulment case is so expensive. You need at least Php 100,000 (as a start) for you to get a lawyer, psychiatrist and psychologist. Then more money for lawyer's per appearance fee and other expenses.

The average time I know for annulment case is 1 year. But there are cases that you can get it for 6-8 months!

hi there..i just saw ur reply regarding annulmet and i see ur getting a k3..im still going thru my annulment and its been 3 monhs now going 4...after i get my anulment we would have to decide which visa to get a k1 or k3...just worried the USEM might be thinking bad about us getting a visa at once after my anulment..baka mag duda so im getting a lil bit worried about that matter pls add me up so we could share ideas...iba kc ive heard about some stories na kc..pinakasalan here in the phil para makaalis stuffs like that eh medyo ahead pa naman fiance ko ..i dont want them to think that way .... xzie1980@yahoo.com thanks goodluck

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
According to the lawyer I knew, it depends where to file the case. Some cities/municipalities grant annulment faster than others like in Batangas (according to the lawyer) but of course, you should be living in Batangas for you to be able to file the case there OR you can use your relative's (if you have one) address in Batangas.

As expected, annulment case is so expensive. You need at least Php 100,000 (as a start) for you to get a lawyer, psychiatrist and psychologist. Then more money for lawyer's per appearance fee and other expenses.

The average time I know for annulment case is 1 year. But there are cases that you can get it for 6-8 months!

hi there..i just saw ur reply regarding annulmet and i see ur getting a k3..im still going thru my annulment and its been 3 monhs now going 4...after i get my anulment we would have to decide which visa to get a k1 or k3...just worried the USEM might be thinking bad about us getting a visa at once after my anulment..baka mag duda so im getting a lil bit worried about that matter pls add me up so we could share ideas...iba kc ive heard about some stories na kc..pinakasalan here in the phil para makaalis stuffs like that eh medyo ahead pa naman fiance ko ..i dont want them to think that way .... xzie1980@yahoo.com thanks goodluck

Hi I just added you :) ... It wasn't me who have been through the annulment procedure, I was single when I married my husband... I just knew a little about the annulment because I helped someone with it, so I was the one looked for a lawyer and talked to people about the process... The reality about this process and/or "other or some" cases/process, you can pay people to expedite it (the fiscal in particular)... You can ask your lawyer "more" about it (they know it, the bribe thing...)--well, if you want to do it but I'm not suggesting that do it coz it's wrong...

With regards to the visa application, it depends on the consul but if you can prove that you met your fiance' even before the annulment process, I think there's no problem with that. To add, I may say that you've been separated from your exhusband for a long time (am I correct?)...

I always believe that if you're true and the relationship no reason to worry :)

God bless you and all of us here!

Edited by tedjen

• 3 weeks later...
wow! I'm so overwhelmed reading all the replies. They are all very informative and helpful. Thanks a lot girls!

By the way, aside from the referral of Pinay Wife, I need to get other contact info of the lawyers in Manila or Batangas area coz my cousin is living in Batangas and they had their marriage there.

Thanks a lot again and God bless us all!

That's great! She's in Batangas. Because as I've posted earlier, according to a lawyer I talked to Batangas municipal courts grant annulment faster than other cities/municipalities. Though, that lawyer's office is in Makati. She can accept the case from provinces but of course you need to pay more :huh:

hi !!!!

i got my annuled last year dec it took a year and i pay 150,000 pesos for that pero meron na ngayon mas mura bsta wag na lng aatend ang ex husband nya maki cooperate sbhin na lng nya na inabandon na sya and pirmahan na lng lahat ng dumarating na subpena okidoki good luck sa relative mo sana makatulong akoi kahit late na hehheh....

GOD bless sa lahat ng nasa jv"s :thumbs:

• 2 months later...
Filed: Timeline
wow! I'm so overwhelmed reading all the replies. They are all very informative and helpful. Thanks a lot girls!

By the way, aside from the referral of Pinay Wife, I need to get other contact info of the lawyers in Manila or Batangas area coz my cousin is living in Batangas and they had their marriage there.

That's great! She's in Batangas. Because as I've posted earlier, according to a lawyer I talked to Batangas municipal courts grant annulment faster than other cities/municipalities. Though, that lawyer's office is in Makati. She can accept the case from provinces but of course you need to pay more :huh:

hi !!!!

i got my annuled last year dec it took a year and i pay 150,000 pesos for that pero meron na ngayon mas mura bsta wag na lng aatend ang ex husband nya maki cooperate sbhin na lng nya na inabandon na sya and pirmahan na lng lahat ng dumarating na subpena okidoki good luck sa relative mo sana makatulong akoi kahit late na hehheh....

wow.. sounds interesting to me.. im planning to file an nannulment pero di ko alam kung anong pwedeng strong grounds para maaproove agad. im living in laguna.. can u refer me to your lawyer. im looking for a good lawyer with reasonable price.

thanks.. wish u could help! :unsure:

• 2 months later...

hi !!!!

wow.. sounds interesting to me.. im planning to file an nannulment pero di ko alam kung anong pwedeng strong grounds para maaproove agad. im living in laguna.. can u refer me to your lawyer. im looking for a good lawyer with reasonable price.

thanks.. wish u could help! :unsure:

Hi i married to US citizen january 2007 here in phil. but after a months of our wedding things are change and no cominacation until now..i want to move on and freedom so iwant to file annulment but unfortunately dnt know how and where to start..and how much the coz of anulment? hope u help me to recomend a lawyer :crying:

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

What city or town did you get married? Or what is your present residence?

05/18/07 married

05/29/07 sent I-130s for me & my daughter at CSC

06/16/07 checks for I-130 cashed

06/19/07 sent I-129F not waiting for noa1 but with printed online copies of checks cashed

06/25/07 check for I-129f cashed

06/29/07 transferred I-129f to CSC

07/03/07 received noa1 in the mail for I-129f

10/31/07 approved K3 and my I-130 except for my daughter

11/05/07 received NOA2 in the mail

12/01/07 received mail from NVC/yey we got our case number

12/20/07 went to St. Lukes and had my early medical exam

01/30/08 schedule for medical

02/07/08 interview, approved!

02/12/08 visa pick-up/cfo

02/14/08 POE-LAX

06/19/08 AOS mailed thru USPS

06/22/08 AOS delivered to Chicago IL

06/28/08 check cashed

06/30/08 received NOA1 dated 06/25/08

07/26/08 biometrics appointment

09/09/08 received EAD card in the mail

12/03/08 received interview letter for Jan 21 2009

01/21/09 approved for conditional permanent residence

02/02/09 permanent residence card arrived in the mail

10/21/10 submit form to remove conditions

01/21/11 10 year gc received

03/05/12 mailed my N-400

03/06/12 received email that they have my N-400

04/05/12 biometrics

mine took 2 yrs 4 months and about 100thou

feb. 26,2008-----noa1

aug. 26, 2008----transferred to csc

sept. 19, 2008--- approved

NVC:

sept. 26, 2008----got case # from a live operator

oct. 6, 2008 ------received AOS bill/paid online

oct. 7, 2008 ------shows PAID

oct. 14,2008 -----IV fee generated/ paid online

oct. 15,2008 -----shows PAID

oct. 16,2008 -----mailed DS230 overnight

oct. 23,2008 ---- RFE

nov. 3,2008 ----- case complete

nov. 26,2008 --- medical exam

aug. 14,2009 --- remedical finally, passed

aug. 24, 2009 -- interview , passed

aug. 29, 2009 -- visa in hand

sept. 24, 2009 -- POE LAX

Timeline

OMG......not another one!! My assumption is that your "cousin" just wants to find a rich American guy and is trying to find an easy way out of her current philippines marriage. Just my thoughts.....

hi fellow VJers! i miss posting on this section! hehe!

well, this post is for my cousin's concern who's planning to annul her husband who's been very irresponsible to them. so, anybody here who filed an annulment case? how did you do it? how's the process? how much did it cost and how long did it take?

if you guys don't feel like discussing it much in this forum, please send me a personal message.

thanks a lot!

best regards to all,

beng

hi beng,

My annulment took 1 year and 8 months and i paid 100K.I had 2 hearings that had been rescheduled becoz the fiscal was not present at that time.So, the annulment process depends the availability of the Judge and the fiscal also.If they are all present during the hearings your case will not take so long time.

fizzle

Naturalization:

December 27, 2012--N400 application sent
January 3, 2013 ---NOA Date
January 28, 2013 ----Biometrics
May 9, 2013---------Interview Schedule

July......Oath Taking Ceremony...

• 2 months later...

hi everyone!

i am currently looking for an annulment lawyer to help me out in my quest for a successful annulment.

i married to US citizen january 2007 here in manila phil. only 3 weeks we get together... but after a months of our wedding things are change and no cominacation until now...

so pls, to those who have had a succesfful annulment in the philippines, pls send me info through my email (chatblooming@yahoo.com). i am interested to know the cost, the name of the lawyer and if anyone is willing maybe i could chat with you to ask questions about the procedure.

thanks! will surely appreciate any help!

hi everyone!

i am currently looking for an annulment lawyer to help me out in my quest for a successful annulment.

i married to US citizen january 2007 here in manila phil. only 3 weeks we get together... but after a months of our wedding things are change and no cominacation until now...

so pls, to those who have had a succesfful annulment in the philippines, pls send me info through my email (chatblooming@yahoo.com). i am interested to know the cost, the name of the lawyer and if anyone is willing maybe i could chat with you to ask questions about the procedure.

thanks! will surely appreciate any help!

Timeline

We went through same thing and it took us 14 months. The attorney we used was honest and that in its self is important as many attorneys will maliciously& deliberately lie and take advantage of you. I will give you his name and E-Mail address so if you wish to contact him. His fee was 100,000 Php + 3,000 for each court appearance. His name is " Alex Acain" you can reach him at : Alexander Llanes Acain, Jr. Esq. [alexacain@gtalawphil.com] Be also prepared to deal with the Philippine Court system. Its slow, inefficient and not always honest. We had to pay off an City Prosecuting Attorney, he boldly asked in front of everyone for his pay off not to object to our motion. I found this is very common. Unbelievable! but true.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.