pauLjeN

my medical experience @ St. Lukes..

24 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-5 Country: Philippines
Timeline

hi fellow VJers,just want to share with you my medical experience at SLMCEC...

I brought the ff:

1. passport

2. 3 pcs 2x2 pictures (printed name at the back)

3. USEM letter (original and photocopy)

4. appointment letter (original and photocopy)

5. black ballpen

6. SLMCEC flowchart and instructions (thanks to Sheriff Uling, Silllygirl and Rea,it was such a big help!)

7. payment of Php10,027.45 (as of Sept. 4,2008 exchange rate)

DAY 1- Sept. 04

-arrived 1:15pm at St. Lukes

-showed USEM letter (both original and photocopy) to entrance guard,guard stamped orig letter and handed me the forms to be filled up,returned USEM letter,checking of bag

-filled up forms on the left side (answer questions with check marks only) NOTE: take note of your petitioner's address,contact number and your intended POE 'coz you have to put them in the forms too

-went to digital photo room behind USA counter for picture taking

-handed forms and passport to lady staff,asked questions to check if data is correct,gave 1 pc 2x2 picture

-went to 5th flr for payment

-went down to 3rd flr for XRay,handed forms and passport to counter lady on the left side,took a seat and waited for my name to be called

-after being called,lady asked me to sign 4 forms,asked for my name and birthday

-took a seat,called me again and told me to go to the changing room on the right side and wait for my turn

-went up to 4th flr for blood extraction and pregnancy test

-handed forms and passport to the counter,gave me HIV consent form to sign,took a seat and waited for my name to be called

-when called,gave consent form back to counter,gave me urine container together with my forms and passport

-went inside Blood Extraction room and waited for my turn

-handed forms and passport,got blood from my left arm (actually both left and right,doc said she cant get enough blood from left so had to get from right too.... :crying: )

-went inside CR for urine sample,handed the urine container to doc,she told me to wait outside for my name to be called

-when called,gave me back my forms and passport

-went up to 5th flr for Vital Signs,Eye Check and Physical Exam

-handed forms and passport to "Vital Signs" table

-nurse took my height and weight measurements,then told me to go inside "Eye Check" room and waited for my turn (be sure to bring your contact lens kit if you're wearing your lenses coz they will tell you to remove it for the eye check)

-went to "Vital Signs" table again and had my Blood Pressure and Pulse Rate checked

-gave my forms and passport to USA counter then waited for my name to be called

-after being called,they gave me a number and told me to go to Room 7 for my Physical Exam,gave me back my forms and passport

-inside the room,i was asked several questions from the form about my medical history (previous operations/seizures, pregnancy/abortion/miscarriages, any suicide attempt, any heart illness or TB infection,WHEN WAS THE FIRST DAY OF MY LAST MENSES..) i was asked that question several times in almost all departments so LADIES pls TAKE NOTE of your last menstrual period from the first to the last day coz they will ask you about that...

-after finishing all the questions from the forms,she asked me to remove ALL my clothes (and underwear) and lie down on the bed behind her. then she checked my eyes,mouth,breasts,navel (she noticed my navel ring) and then she asked me to roll up my knees,facing the wall and checked my "behind". :blush: she also asked me if i had chicken pox already,i said not yet. she took notes of what she saw,so far she didn't see anything suspicious.. :innocent: and then im done (all for 5 mins)

-went back to US counter and showed my forms and passport,told me to go to 2nd flr for Immunization Interview

-went to check out counter and gave my forms and passport (there was no line inside so i was asked to go directly inside)

-lady doctor asked me my name,birthday and age,then asked when was the first day of my last menses. this time,she went far by asking when was the last time i had sexual contact with my fiance (she even asked for specific dates when.... darn... :unsure: ) then gave me 2 choices where i want to have my vaccinations,i said "here" coz it's been paid for already.

*vaccinations cannot be done if pregnant so they asked me to come back on the day of my menses this month for a PT redo,if proven negative then that's the only time i can have my vaccine shots.

-went to check out counter and gave my forms and passport,lady gave me a receipt and stub with my passport,was told to come back the next day for the results..

*SIGH* and that was my first LONG day so far,got done by 5:15pm....... had to come back for the LOOOOONG wait....

DAY 2- Sept. 05

-arrived 1pm at St. Lukes

-showed guard my receipt and stub,put a stamp in my receipt that says Immunization Area 2nd Flr.

-went to 2nd Flr.,handed my receipt and stub to the guy in the counter and told me to wait for my name to be called (darn,this must be my longest wait,i waited 2 1/2 hours for my name,about 3:30pm when they did! and i was soooo hungry and cold by then... :crying: )

-was told to go down to Counter A Ground Flr.

-asked for my passport and 2 pcs 2x2 pics,gave me back my receipt and stub and told me to wait for my name to be called

-was called to Counter E (lady showed me my forms to check if my names have correct spelling,correct birth date and case number. she handed me the vaccination documentation worksheet and was told to come back on the day of my menses for my PT redo and would have the vaccinations if result is NEGATIVE otherwise,i'll have to take them in the US when i get there,she also told me that they will be forwarding my passport together with my medical results directly to USEM..)

*I therefore conclude that................... I PASSED!!!! :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: After the long tiring days of waiting,it all paid off.... and i'm glad this 1st stage of worrying is over (just wait till i get my vaccine shots... ooooohh... :hehe: ) First of all,i'd like to thank HIM above for helping me make it through, my fellow VJers for the prayers and good luck's..... special thanks to BLUEMIST (for her never-ending tips and advices),VIDA (for the support),LADY23 (for the information),SHERIFF ULING (for the really helpful guidelines), SILLYGIRL and REA (for the really helpful instructions and flowcharts,made my day easy...) MY BUNCH OF THANKS TO YOU GUYS..... YOU RULE!!!! :thumbs: :thumbs: and last but not the least, my very loving and supportive fiance PAUL (L) (L) (L) ....if not for his faith in me,i wouldn't have gone through this....ALL MY LOVE'S FOR YOU HUN..... :luv: :luv:

And that concludes the first stage of my worries,need to get busy for the really BIG day.... my interview.... again, pls wish me luck.... :innocent:

Jenny

~ IR-5 Timeline (Mom) ~
08/07/14 - sent I-130 to Chicago Lockbox
08/11/14 - delivered
08/11/14 - Priority Date
08/12/14 - NOA1
08/14/14 - check cashed!
09/18/14 - NOA2 (approved!)
--NVC--
10/09/14 - NVC Welcome Letter via email (case # MNL2014xxxxxx)
10/10/14 - completed DS-261 (choice of agent)

10/15/14 - AOS fee paid
10/23/14 - NVC received DS-261 (per phone call to NVC)
10/28/14 - IV fee paid
11/05/14 - AOS & IV package sent
11/10/14 - NVC received package
01/05/15 - Case complete! (per phone call to NVC)
01/14/15 - received P4 (Interview) Letter via email

--MANILA---

01/26/15 - Medical at St. Lukes

02/10/15 - Interview (canceled)

02/09,10,11/15 - 3 Day Sputum Test

04/14/15 - Culture Test (passed!)

04/20/15 - Immunization

04/23/15 - Interview (PASSED!! Thank you God!!)

05/17/15 - US arrival! (POE: JFK)

Great post :thumbs: If I could remember how to vote to pin it I would, this is one of those posts that should be kept around for future reference. Thanks

usa_fl_sm_nwm.gifphilippines_fl_md_clr.gif

United States & Republic of the Philippines

"Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid." John Wayne

Timeline
Great post :thumbs: If I could remember how to vote to pin it I would, this is one of those posts that should be kept around for future reference. Thanks

gee,that's a compliment..thanks a lot! :star: i just got done doing that long post and so far,my longest one though.... :P

Jenny

~ IR-5 Timeline (Mom) ~
08/11/14 - delivered
08/11/14 - Priority Date
08/12/14 - NOA1
08/14/14 - check cashed!
--NVC--

10/15/14 - AOS fee paid
10/28/14 - IV fee paid

--MANILA---

04/20/15 - Immunization

Timeline
congrats....:)

and god bless to your interview

Thanks for sharing :thumbs:

Congratulations and good luck to your upcoming interview...

Ur welcome,i'd be glad to contribute my knowledge to my fellow VJers.. Thanks mhaze and jeffcloe... :star: God bless us all and good luck on your journey as well... :thumbs:

Edited by pauLjeN

Jenny

~ IR-5 Timeline (Mom) ~
08/11/14 - delivered
08/11/14 - Priority Date
08/12/14 - NOA1
08/14/14 - check cashed!
--NVC--

10/15/14 - AOS fee paid
10/28/14 - IV fee paid

--MANILA---

04/20/15 - Immunization

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

"Congrats and good luck to ur coming interview..!!!!

God bless,

Irene

Prayer is the best to start a day...A day for us to have faith to face trials & value what life is....!!! have a nice day to everyone!!!!

LokaShadow04

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
hi fellow VJers,just want to share with you my medical experience at SLMCEC...

I brought the ff:

1. passport

2. 3 pcs 2x2 pictures (printed name at the back)

3. USEM letter (original and photocopy)

4. appointment letter (original and photocopy)

5. black ballpen

6. SLMCEC flowchart and instructions (thanks to Sheriff Uling, Silllygirl and Rea,it was such a big help!)

7. payment of Php10,027.45 (as of Sept. 4,2008 exchange rate)

DAY 1- Sept. 04

-arrived 1:15pm at St. Lukes

-showed USEM letter (both original and photocopy) to entrance guard,guard stamped orig letter and handed me the forms to be filled up,returned USEM letter,checking of bag

-filled up forms on the left side (answer questions with check marks only) NOTE: take note of your petitioner's address,contact number and your intended POE 'coz you have to put them in the forms too

-went to digital photo room behind USA counter for picture taking

-handed forms and passport to lady staff,asked questions to check if data is correct,gave 1 pc 2x2 picture

-went to 5th flr for payment

-went down to 3rd flr for XRay,handed forms and passport to counter lady on the left side,took a seat and waited for my name to be called

-after being called,lady asked me to sign 4 forms,asked for my name and birthday

-took a seat,called me again and told me to go to the changing room on the right side and wait for my turn

-went up to 4th flr for blood extraction and pregnancy test

-handed forms and passport to the counter,gave me HIV consent form to sign,took a seat and waited for my name to be called

-when called,gave consent form back to counter,gave me urine container together with my forms and passport

-went inside Blood Extraction room and waited for my turn

-handed forms and passport,got blood from my left arm (actually both left and right,doc said she cant get enough blood from left so had to get from right too.... :crying: )

-went inside CR for urine sample,handed the urine container to doc,she told me to wait outside for my name to be called

-when called,gave me back my forms and passport

-went up to 5th flr for Vital Signs,Eye Check and Physical Exam

-handed forms and passport to "Vital Signs" table

-nurse took my height and weight measurements,then told me to go inside "Eye Check" room and waited for my turn (be sure to bring your contact lens kit if you're wearing your lenses coz they will tell you to remove it for the eye check)

-went to "Vital Signs" table again and had my Blood Pressure and Pulse Rate checked

-gave my forms and passport to USA counter then waited for my name to be called

-after being called,they gave me a number and told me to go to Room 7 for my Physical Exam,gave me back my forms and passport

-inside the room,i was asked several questions from the form about my medical history (previous operations/seizures, pregnancy/abortion/miscarriages, any suicide attempt, any heart illness or TB infection,WHEN WAS THE FIRST DAY OF MY LAST MENSES..) i was asked that question several times in almost all departments so LADIES pls TAKE NOTE of your last menstrual period from the first to the last day coz they will ask you about that...

-after finishing all the questions from the forms,she asked me to remove ALL my clothes (and underwear) and lie down on the bed behind her. then she checked my eyes,mouth,breasts,navel (she noticed my navel ring) and then she asked me to roll up my knees,facing the wall and checked my "behind". :blush: she also asked me if i had chicken pox already,i said not yet. she took notes of what she saw,so far she didn't see anything suspicious.. :innocent: and then im done (all for 5 mins)

-went back to US counter and showed my forms and passport,told me to go to 2nd flr for Immunization Interview

-went to check out counter and gave my forms and passport (there was no line inside so i was asked to go directly inside)

-lady doctor asked me my name,birthday and age,then asked when was the first day of my last menses. this time,she went far by asking when was the last time i had sexual contact with my fiance (she even asked for specific dates when.... darn... :unsure: ) then gave me 2 choices where i want to have my vaccinations,i said "here" coz it's been paid for already.

*vaccinations cannot be done if pregnant so they asked me to come back on the day of my menses this month for a PT redo,if proven negative then that's the only time i can have my vaccine shots.

-went to check out counter and gave my forms and passport,lady gave me a receipt and stub with my passport,was told to come back the next day for the results..

*SIGH* and that was my first LONG day so far,got done by 5:15pm....... had to come back for the LOOOOONG wait....

DAY 2- Sept. 05

-arrived 1pm at St. Lukes

-showed guard my receipt and stub,put a stamp in my receipt that says Immunization Area 2nd Flr.

-went to 2nd Flr.,handed my receipt and stub to the guy in the counter and told me to wait for my name to be called (darn,this must be my longest wait,i waited 2 1/2 hours for my name,about 3:30pm when they did! and i was soooo hungry and cold by then... :crying: )

-was told to go down to Counter A Ground Flr.

-asked for my passport and 2 pcs 2x2 pics,gave me back my receipt and stub and told me to wait for my name to be called

-was called to Counter E (lady showed me my forms to check if my names have correct spelling,correct birth date and case number. she handed me the vaccination documentation worksheet and was told to come back on the day of my menses for my PT redo and would have the vaccinations if result is NEGATIVE otherwise,i'll have to take them in the US when i get there,she also told me that they will be forwarding my passport together with my medical results directly to USEM..)

*I therefore conclude that................... I PASSED!!!! :dance::dance::dance::dance: After the long tiring days of waiting,it all paid off.... and i'm glad this 1st stage of worrying is over (just wait till i get my vaccine shots... ooooohh... :hehe: ) First of all,i'd like to thank HIM above for helping me make it through, my fellow VJers for the prayers and good luck's..... special thanks to BLUEMIST (for her never-ending tips and advices),VIDA (for the support),LADY23 (for the information),SHERIFF ULING (for the really helpful guidelines), SILLYGIRL and REA (for the really helpful instructions and flowcharts,made my day easy...) MY BUNCH OF THANKS TO YOU GUYS..... YOU RULE!!!! :thumbs::thumbs: and last but not the least, my very loving and supportive fiance PAUL (L)(L)(L) ....if not for his faith in me,i wouldn't have gone through this....ALL MY LOVE'S FOR YOU HUN..... :luv::luv:

And that concludes the first stage of my worries,need to get busy for the really BIG day.... my interview.... again, pls wish me luck.... :innocent:

Your post is very helpful to others especially that is having trouble on how to prepare for their medical.

Good luck on your interview.....

wow!

your post is so informative... :thumbs:

thanks!

God bless on your interview...

hope you can post also your interview exp... :dance:

USCIS

11/23/12 - I-130 filed

12/05/12 - Petition received thru txt

12/06/12 - Check cashed

01/10/12 - Approved from USCIS online (after 42 days)

01/16/13 - NOA2

NVC

01/23/13 - NVC received case

02/05/13 - got NVC and IIN numbers

02/06/13 - DS3032 email sent

02/08/13 - AOS bill paid

02/09/13 - AOS packet sent

02/21/13 - DS3032 accepted

03/04/13 - IV bill paid

03/04/13 - IV packet sent

03/07/13 - case completed

Consulate

02/23/13 - medical appointment

04/02/13 - interview - approved!

04/15/13 - visa in hand

06/07/13 - POE (LAX)

http://www.youtube.com/user/marie7580

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

congratulations and god bless you ;)

nanz

AOS Journey:

Filing Date: December 28, 2008

Sent: January 3, 2009

NOA: Febuary 6, 2009

Biometrics: Febuary 18, 2009 (but originally scheduled for Febuary 26, 2009)

AP Approved: April 16, 2009

EAD Approved: May 4, 2009

Welcome Notice: May 14, 2009

"God is really good ALL the time, We praise you Lord"

"When they bring you to trial and hand you over, do not worry before hand about what you are to say; but say whatever is given you at that time, for it is not you who speak, but the Holy Spirit." ( Mark 13:11)

"And remember, I am with you always, to the end of the age." ( Matthew 28:20)

"If you then, who are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will the heavenly Father give the Holy Spirit to those who ask him!" ( Matthew 28:9-11)

gee,that's a compliment..thanks a lot! :star: i just got done doing that long post and so far,my longest one though.... :P

Then we will be very much looking forward to the interview, CFO and POE posts :P Sharing info like this is always so helpful for people coming up behind you so keep up the great posts :thumbs:

usa_fl_sm_nwm.gifphilippines_fl_md_clr.gif

United States & Republic of the Philippines

"Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid." John Wayne

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi Jen.. I agree with the rest, GOOD JOB with this post! special mention pa kaya ako! Lol;) Well anything girl for you tayo lang kayang dalawa ang taga DELAWARE...sana madagdagan pa!

CONGRATULATIONS FOR passing! I am sure Paul is so happy... one more closer to our meeting!

Good Luck for your interview girl.. I got your offline thanks ha!!

KAYA mo yAn!! Dapat matuloy pagiging witness ko sa wedding mo dahil first time kaya... consider as ninang ba yon sa PInas? Hahahah... Tanda ko na:):):rofl:

Vida Taylor

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
Congratulations!!! :star::dance:

My son named Zac

"My son's smile makes my day complete"

zac-1.jpg

VErqm5.png

MY K3 TIMELINE purple4.gifVid of how I prepared my interview documents purple.gifPapers that I brought on my USEM interview

AOS TIMELINE

06.17.2010 - submitted our papers

06.19.2010 - papers arrived at Chicago lockbox

06.24.2010 - Check cashed

06.28.2010 - NOA1 Hardcopy received (9 days from the day they got our papers)

07.05.2010 - Received Biometrics Schedule (July 26)

08.05.2010 - Biometrics done! (had to re-schedule from 7/26 to 8/5)

08.13.2010 - Got my interview letter

08.20.2010 - EAD card on production

09.06.2010 - Got my EAD Card (62 days)

09.07.2010 - Applied for SSN

09.14.2010 - SSN Card received

09.16.2010 - Interview schedule (APPROVED)

09.20.2010 - Welcome Notice Received ("Welcome to the USA")

09.25.2010 - 10 yr Green Card received! (98 days)

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

hi Paulgen,

Congratulations!!!

and goodluck to your interview soon.

God Bless!

1_918513300l.jpg

04/18/07 first he sent message to me ( Interkontakt.net) then we became friends, bestfriends, and a lover :)

01/13/08 we first met personally at NAIA airport

o1/21/08 became engaged

01/25/08 he flew back to FL.

04/10/08 papers sent to VSC

04/15/08 papers received to VSC

04/21/08 check cashed/ noticed receipt issued (noa1)

04/24/08 touched

04/25/08 noa1 hard copy received

05/21/08 touched

07/28/08 touched ( i was so excited if we will get approve )

07/29/08 touched ( but it was an rfe lol )

07/29/08 rfe sent from uscis and fiance received it through fax. actually he called that time to follow up our case and the woman said that we have our rfe so my fiance asked to send it through fax right away.

07/29/08 request documents needed sent to uscis

07/30/08 touched

08/

07/31/08 Rfe's document was delivered at 12:50 PM. The item was signed for by P NOVAK.

08/01/08 touched=case resumed on process

08/03/08 touched ( not excited )

08/05/08 touched ( wonder why touched again lol )

08/06/08 touched again lol ( hummm they are working our case :) )

08/13/08 NOA2 ( WERE APPROVED) :) THANK YOU LORD!

09/15-16/08 medical I hope everything will be fine

10/24/08 interview sched. wish me luck! God help me :)

10/29/08 visa received!

12/19/08 my flight to US

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.