simpson_121919

Marriage Certificate question

5 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Hello everybody, I just got married in the Philippines in Tacloban City on August 19,2008. I now have to start the paper processes and have alot of questions. Any help will be appreciated.

I had a question about my marriage certificate that I got from the local civil registery in Tacloban City. I know that the one that we get from NSO that is sent to US embassy in Manila is the one you want. My question is that for filing the I-130, will the local civil registery marriage certificate be enough or will they want to see the NSO marriage certificate. Has anybody done it this way and if so I would really like to hear how it went. When I was down there I went to the NSO and was told it could take anywhere from a month to 4 months so I am hoping I dont have to wait for all that. My wife will be checking up on it to speed up the process.

Edited by simpson_121919

It will take faster if you do Electronic filing to NSO. It took my marriage certificate appear in NSO database for a month,

Hello everybody, I just got married in the Philippines in Tacloban City on August 19,2008. I now have to start the paper processes and have alot of questions. Any help will be appreciated.

I had a question about my marriage certificate that I got from the local civil registery in Tacloban City. I know that the one that we get from NSO that is sent to US embassy in Manila is the one you want. My question is that for filing the I-130, will the local civil registery marriage certificate be enough or will the want to see the NSO verion. Has anybody done it this way and if so I would really like to hear how it went. When I was down there I went to the NSO and was told it could take anywhere from a month to 4 months so I am hoping I dont have to wait for all that. My wife will be checking up on it to speed up the process.

It will take faster if you do Electronic filing to NSO. It took my marriage certificate appear in NSO database for a month,

Can't remember the fee, but it has certain fee.

I had a question about my marriage certificate that I got from the local civil registery in Tacloban City. I know that the one that we get from NSO that is sent to US embassy in Manila is the one you want. My question is that for filing the I-130, will the local civil registery marriage certificate be enough or will the want to see the NSO verion. Has anybody done it this way and if so I would really like to hear how it went. When I was down there I went to the NSO and was told it could take anywhere from a month to 4 months so I am hoping I dont have to wait for all that. My wife will be checking up on it to speed up the process.

We submitted NSO certified marriage certificate together with our application just to be sure. I guess 4 months is way too long. If your wife knows somebody in the municipality maybe she could ask help to do this for her (connection sometimes could be a big help). We got our NSO certified copy a month after our wedding date.

I promise to love you in good times and in bad, with all I have to give and all that I am, in the only way I know how -- completely and forever......

We submitted NSO certified marriage certificate together with our application just to be sure. I guess 4 months is way too long. If your wife knows somebody in the municipality maybe she could ask help to do this for her (connection sometimes could be a big help). We got our NSO certified copy a month after our wedding date.

You could request for a NSO certified copy of your marriage certificate (they call it SECPA, i believe). It's on blue security paper. There really is no way you can expedite your registration with NSO...unless you know somebody.

12-09-08 - INTERVIEW @ 6:30AM...God be with us! --- APPROVED!!!

12-11-08 - VISAS RECEIVED....YAHOOOOO!!!

04-07-09 - POE: Chicago O'hare

04-28-09 - received SSN's (after having to apply for them personally!!!!)

04-30-09 - Received our 2-year GREEN CARDS

01-07-09 - ROC, here we come!!!

01-18-11 - Mailed out I-751

HPIM3434-2.jpg

enKOm5.png

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

i got NSO copy in a month! but then u can also submit the NSO certified true copy..they would accept that when u are filing for it..just be sure to have the NSO copy during the interview..goodluck!

Love is an unexpected thing...and when it arrives grab it with all ur heart....it may pass u jsut once.......

1_217966694l.jpg

11.20.07 : mailed I130

01.23.08 : NOA1

04.21.08 : mailed I129F

04.22.08 : NOA1

05.14.08 : NOA2 both for I 130 and I 129F

06.26.08 : medical exam 2nd day PASSED!!

07.09.08 : interview day! PASSED! PINK SLIP!

07.15.08 : visa on hand!!!

08.01.08 : POE SFO (home with my papi!)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.